SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Well, my only other two choices are MightyMandarin and Ether. OR someone is playing a really, really good scumgame.

OR both.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ether is also one of my choices today mostly because of how reluctant she was to lynch GM yesterday, i still havent done double ISOs so yeah...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Ether »

Well. Since my role's out now too, I have more freedom to explain myself, at least.

I thought her behavior toward LoHa, and just generally under the radar play when she apparently makes top poster a lot as scum, implied she was a cop or doctor. That's why I was so frustrated by her play, but could never give her the all-out defense I wanted to. It's also why I made a point of never wavering on LoHa. I wanted to protect her--not just from the lynch, but also to draw the nightkill if LoHa was scum.

That plan got kind of painful as things went on. I told myself that someone had to do this, that I could attack her on Day 2 if she and I were both still alive and she didn't open the day with a counterclaim, that it'd just be a little longer. The plan was in pieces by the time things got down to the wire. Goodmorning's play when wagoned didn't match up to a power role; she'd have counterclaimed if I'd ever been right. But by then I
fucking wanted that nightkill

Admitting to myself that it was already way out of my hands was hard. By the end, I didn't really think lordj was scum, after he made that post about thinking goodmorning was town. My heart wasn't in it at all, and goodmorning was blatantly not a power role, but it still didn't feel that simple. So, uh, that's the saga of why I should never lock myself into plans.

I really hope someone counterclaims.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Call of the Wild
Call of the Wild
Goon
Call of the Wild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Call of the Wild »

If I had a cc, I'd be all over it but I don't. I wish I did as that would be exciting and fun!! Almost as fun as the last time I was cop in a game and came out with a guilty on someone everyone was townreading. That was a blast because they were talking about killing me N1 and went with someone else instead. I never would of gotten that guilty out if they did that!!

Anyway, I am for sure going to exlude LoHa, Sakura, Ocean Wind, MoosyDoosy as scum-barring a cc.

That leaves lordj, MightyMandarin, and Ether.

Sorry Ether but GM was just too suspicious to be a PR. It was her play towards me that did it for me as she never brushes me off or insinuates I'm too annoying to deal with, or refuses to read me while hinting I'm scum. That was seriously off.

She still came very close to convincing me she was town with her AtE at the end.

Oh well.
Hydra of Titus and SilverWolf
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 853, Call of the Wild wrote:If I had a cc, I'd be all over it but I don't. I wish I did as that would be exciting and fun!! Almost as fun as the last time I was cop in a game and came out with a guilty on someone everyone was townreading. That was a blast because they were talking about killing me N1 and went with someone else instead. I never would of gotten that guilty out if they did that!!

Anyway, I am for sure going to exlude LoHa, Sakura, Ocean Wind, MoosyDoosy as scum-barring a cc.

That leaves lordj, MightyMandarin, and Ether.

Sorry Ether but GM was just too suspicious to be a PR. It was her play towards me that did it for me as she never brushes me off or insinuates I'm too annoying to deal with, or refuses to read me while hinting I'm scum. That was seriously off.

She still came very close to convincing me she was town with her AtE at the end.

Oh well.

I'm bad at this hydra shit. Like really, really bad.

Sorry!!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by Ether »

Yeah. I don't know about her play toward you specifically, but my own stance wound up evolving into "she's scum or a power role, just GET HER THROUGH TODAY and you can find out which one," and then her play at deadline was all wrong for a power role but I'd gotten myself invested and it was dumb.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Mightymandarin
Mightymandarin
Townie
Mightymandarin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Mightymandarin »

UNVOTE: Unvote

I feel disillusioned. I was like 85% certain goodmorning wasn't scum. I really have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I know how I've played doesn't paint me as the most likely town.
Moosy just really doesn't want to play this game, I take back what I said about a bluff. I take back what I was saying about Ether too, I realize my accusations were baseless. Although I think it does hold true whoever is playing scum is doing it well, which would mean someone who knows what they're doing i.e. someone more experienced. But everyone who is playing well seems very likely town, which means either the scum is playing with some kind drunken-master playstyle, or goodmorning and her partner agreed that she would have a case made against her and sacrifice herself for her partner, ingratiating him/her with all the other town.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I feel like I'm missing something. Scum could be in the ones I'm townreading but that would mean they bussed GM and the only way I can see that is if it was planned from the start and bussing in a newbie game to the point where you lynch 50% of your team, isn't smart.

Also, I just realized, due to the werid extended night phase and new mod, it's entirely possible scum missed a NK altogether because the last scum wasn't around. Just something to consider as it does happen.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Ether »

If there was a deliberate no-kill, then in a vacuum I expect those to come from experienced players being tricky, not first-timers so much. But I find it really hard to see any of the experienced players here as scum, so yeah.

Post 856, Mightymandarin wrote:I take back what I was saying about Ether too, I realize my accusations were baseless.
Could you elaborate on how/when you changed your mind?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I dont think there was a no kill, it's really stupid because it increases the ammount of mislynches scum needs to win

7-1 at night > 7-1 Day > 5-1 > 3-1 > No Lynch? > 2-1
from
7-1 at night > 6-1 Day > 4-1 > 2-1
Well probably not as much as i thought.
I dunno, my gut says that Moosy's lying because no JK in their right mind misses their action during the night, but with no CC i have to take that as the very truth.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I mean srsly, what are the chances that with an extended night both scum and JK miss their action.
If this wasn't an open setup and there wasnt 1 scum left alive (meaning it's suicide to fake claim PR) i wouldn't believe it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

lordj hasn't been here since the claim, lets see what he says
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Yeah i know, but it doesnt change the fact that it's still suicide to fake claim PR as lone scum in an open setup. If it's a scum fake claim then yay we win?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Oh yeah, that's an instawin and I really can't believe scum would suicide like that.
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by lordj210 »

okay so moosey is hard claiming jailkeeper, i will say i am a little confused as to why he did like 10 posts in a row that basically said nothing at all other then the last one that hard claimed JK.

i am curious Loha you are 1 shot bulletproof moosey is JK and did not use his action there was no night kill so did skum use the kill testing out to see if LoHa was telling the truth about being BP or did they somehow after the whole time miss the deadline OR is LoHa smart and pulling a fast one on us and is the 2nd skum??

i still think Sakura is town due to being heavily after GM durning D1 cat imagine if sakura was skum she woulda pushed her partner the majorty of the day.
Ether im on the edge about
Moosey claimed JK so assumeing hes telling the truth hes town
Mandarian still suspicious of for not voteing either way durning D1 and bringing it down to final minutes
Ocean im null on dont have a feeling either way
SW as i said in post earliear did he bring it to last minutes of the day thnking super hard and trying to think what to do to get town cred or was he really not shure what to do?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 864, lordj210 wrote:OR is LoHa smart and pulling a fast one on us and is the 2nd skum??

while this is theoretically possible, he was the first to claim.......... now you're making me paranoid
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I mean is theoretically possible for scum to have no roleblocker and such the existance of a lone jailkeeper is possible in which case no one would ever CC LoHa, dunno tho, LoHa claimed first...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I was really not sure what to do. There is no towncred in waffling on scum. GM's AtE worked on me to an extent. My overall read plus your posting around the lynch looking townie at the time so changed my mind.

And I'm a she thanks!!

pedit: If LoHa is scum, would GM keep her vote on him and push him the way she did?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by Ether »

There's no point worrying about LoHa. If he's scum, then the setup is gaoler/goon/goon. If the scum do have a roleblocker, then MoosyDoosy's skills are useless, because it can block him anyway. So MoosyDoosy should block LoHa every night from here on out, since there's no point blocking anyone else. And if a kill makes it through, then LoHa's confirmed.

I'm leaning lordj right now.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 868, Ether wrote:There's no point worrying about LoHa. If he's scum, then the setup is gaoler/goon/goon. If the scum do have a roleblocker, then MoosyDoosy's skills are useless, because it can block him anyway. So MoosyDoosy should block LoHa every night from here on out, since there's no point blocking anyone else. And if a kill makes it through, then LoHa's confirmed.

Oh yeah, do this Moosy. This will solve the problem of LoHa once and for all if we somehow do not lynch scum today. LoHa can't be shot this way either if he's town.
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by lordj210 »

do i think LoHa is town yah most liley so prollly ovethinking it just me putting everything out there thts in my head
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ok so in this case im going to treat Moosy and LoHa as conftowns for today. Imma double check voting patterns of the rest and see what i can figure out.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by Ether »

LoHa can be shot if he's town. If he's town, then the scum have a roleblocker, so they've got free reign to shoot whoever they want. All this does is clear LoHa, or turn the game nightless if he's scum. Still the best we can do!

In post 769, Ether wrote:Can I talk you into a meta dive on lordj? His scum game's over too now, even though it hasn't been formally called yet. (Granted, he replaced in and out in five pages, but yeah.) And two town games, not counting the one he got modkilled in--here and here. This is, like, incredibly late to ask and no pressure if you don't want to, I'm just terrible at getting information from games I'm not in that players don't flat-out say.
This is still a thing if anyone's got a meta inclination, by the way.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Im not good at meta research, if im gonna use meta on someone it needs to be personal experience.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Personally, I'm not into using offsite meta. Games offsite are too different.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”