Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1049, Wanderer-nl wrote:Btw, I was Roy, a modified PGO by day and a redirector by night. I think it's not a bad thing I was lynched over an investigator neutral. Just make sure that townies don't make the first vote in lylo.

What is PGO? And please tell me you were mafia or neutral.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:08 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Paranoid gun-owner, but modified, I had control over activating it (otherwise I'd have claimed in my first post) and I was town.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:11 am

Damn. I will prolly eat rope for this.

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:15 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

That would be short-sighted.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:18 am

In post 1048, Wanderer-nl wrote:That's ok, I sucked and am preoccupied with the loss of a dear friend so in a way I'm actually relieved I got lynched here. This game was just too much for me right now but hoped I could get more time to get into this. Oh well, gl town.

I'm sorry for your loss. I have recently had a loss as well so I understand. Honestly, I think I am just using mafia as a distraction right now so I don't have to think about it. :(

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:12 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

*hugs*
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:10 am

Post by vonflare »

Wanderer-NL has been lynched. He was
Roy
, 2-shot modified PGO 2-shot action redirector

Night 1 Begins.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by vonflare »

Replacing A Simple Plan.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:38 am

Post by vonflare »

Day 2 dawns upon the Nintendo universe. A third victim dead.

Tails, who was
Falco
, Town modified roleblocker best friend
, was burned night 1.

Day 2 begins!

(I will add a votecount to the end of yesterday ASAP)

(also, I am still searching for a replacement for A Simple Plan)
Last edited by vonflare on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:46 am

Post by ika »

VOTE: xtom

this dies today hes not town
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:01 am

Post by ika »

also something happened to em last night
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:34 am

If at first you don't succeed...

VOTE: Xt

Thanks Ika.

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by ika »

the quietness here is disturbing
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Sorry haven't been posting here.

I am still unsure of a Survivor lynch.
Or don't want to waste a whole day just doing that >.>
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:07 am

Post by vonflare »

A Simple Plan is replaced by Grib. Thanks!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Xtoxm

Fire, you don't even know that he's actually a survivor.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Grib »

Hi.

I've read about half of the game so far. Standby while I finish.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Grib »

I think Nana is my favorite player in this game.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Grib »

Survivor claims are eh. He wasn't responsible for the Daykill, and there was only one death in the Night, so I'm not worried about him being another Serial Killer or anything detrimental like that. Plus, I think Xtoxm's attitude meshes well with a frustrated Survivor rather than caught fakeclaiming scum living on borrowed time.

There's also the fact that pushing a Survivor lynch is, like, the easiest way for scum to look towny and fearmonger the shit out of 'oh but he's claimed not town, why
wouldn't
you lynch him'.

I wouldn't lynch him because, presumably, killing him does nothing for parity. My wincon is to win with the town, not eliminate all threats, and I don't really consider him to be a threat at the moment.

My townreads are ika and smiffle. Everyone else is a mix of things I like and don't like, and that's something I want to refine toDay.

In post 1060, ika wrote:also something happened to em last night

Okay, I'll bite. Is it something helpful that you can share? Like, if you were doused or anything like that, then yes, I will vote for Xtoxm.

In post 1044, LicketyQuickety wrote:BTW Xt goes to endgame.

In post 1061, LicketyQuickety wrote:If at first you don't succeed...

VOTE: Xt

VOTE: Lickety

Hi. You will explain your vote.

I spent about half of the game wanting you dead, and then I saw you Daykilled the Serial Killer, thought about it, and decided I at least want you examined more closely. Congratulations on the non-town kill, but it's not nearly as towny as Daykilling actual groupscum (assuming this game isn't town vs. Neutrals, and even then, the towncred would still be minimal). What are your reads? Please be specific.

@GuiltyLion: please explain your read on Lickety to me, nice and slow. What you think his alignment is, why you think that, and which posts of his led you to that conclusion. I feel like you've spent the majority of the game deliberately maintaining a nullread on him. You defended him quite a bit, but continuously reiterated that you had no particular leaning on his alignment and didn't seem all that interested in poking him yourself, which. I find pretty strange, as he was the center of discussion for quite a bit.

@Nana: hey there. Why did you vote for Xtoxm over Wanderer, when most of the players came to a consensus on that wagon?

@people who townread Firebringer: why? Please be specific.

Good pressure targets toDay: Lion, Lickety, Davsto, and Genda.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:13 am

Post by smiffle »

Lickety, why don't you just dayvig Xtom so we can get to lynching actual scum?
Why waste a day's lynch on him?

I think I need to re-read day 1 a little more closely, but I'm a bit V/la for this weekend. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Also, Grib comes out strong af. I'll wait a while before judging him town or not, but I have good vibes.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Grib »

My slot has essentially done nothing all game, and I don't want to give scum the opportunity to doubtcast me because of it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Davsto »

Believe me, A Simple Plan does basically nothing in every game I've seen him in. It's not really alignment indicative.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1068, Grib wrote:@GuiltyLion: please explain your read on Lickety to me, nice and slow. What you think his alignment is, why you think that, and which posts of his led you to that conclusion. I feel like you've spent the majority of the game deliberately maintaining a nullread on him. You defended him quite a bit, but continuously reiterated that you had no particular leaning on his alignment and didn't seem all that interested in poking him yourself, which. I find pretty strange, as he was the center of discussion for quite a bit.

I think Lickety is town. In the beginning of the game, it was
obvious
that he was painting himself as a target to get people to vote/push on him. , , , , , , the troll posts go on and on. Predictably, a lot of people in this game did the 'easy' thing and started voting him - some were probably town, some weren't. I wanted to assess which ones had genuine intentions vs which ones were scum going for an easy ML, which is why I defended him, to get people to explain why he would be a good lynch. I didn't know exactly why he was playing this game - I figured he was either jester or vig - but I wanted to use the opportunity he gave me to sort other players in the game.

Outside of his trolling, he's done a fair bit of scumhunting and moving the game forward - you could read my post where I list the initial town things he's done in his ISO. And then he proved that my theory correct when he dayvigged Mario, who had the worst reasons for voting him. (I even called out Mario's terrible reasoning myself, in and ).

My only doubt on LQ is his answering my questions towards Firebringer and then trying to misrep me for my frustration when he did that, saying I was "nervous" and strawmanning the shit out of me by acting like I was saying no one can post. That whole exchange left an
incredibly
sour taste in my mouth, to the point where I'm still annoyed by it days later. But, he was probably just trying to sort me using that tactic, as obnoxious and anti-town as it was.

As for you Grib,
In post 1068, Grib wrote:Plus, I think Xtoxm's attitude meshes well with a frustrated Survivor rather than caught fakeclaiming scum living on borrowed time.

Can you explain this? What parts of his posts read explicitly like Survivor as opposed to scum?

In post 1068, Grib wrote:I wouldn't lynch him because, presumably, killing him does nothing for parity. My wincon is to win with the town, not eliminate all threats, and I don't really consider him to be a threat at the moment.

He's absolutely a threat. When we get to LYLO, a survivor is essentially a mafia vote, because they want to end the game ASAP. Xtoxm can promise he'll vote with town all he wants, but in the end I do not want to leave my chances of winning up to the whims of a neutral player.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1072, GuiltyLion wrote:Can you explain this? What parts of his posts read explicitly like Survivor as opposed to scum?

Spoiler:
In post 795, Xtoxm wrote:i am a neutral survivor. ive approached the game in a town way and have every intention of continuing to do so.

lynch me if you want

/shrug

my ability is real and still means something, presumably.

bastard game yeah but. making someone a survivor and then telling someone else they are not town. what is the point. at least give me a safeclaim if ur gonna do that shit :roll:

In post 796, Xtoxm wrote:just lynch me tbh

In post 803, Xtoxm wrote:yeah but thats just setting me up for an autoloss. i even asked for a safeclaim and was told ganondorf was safe to claim so lol.

turbolynch me pls

In post 804, Xtoxm wrote:just dont kid yourselves into thinking this is a scum lynch

In post 814, Xtoxm wrote:given revelations i have zero chance of ever meeting my win con and id honestly rather exit the game sooner than later at this point LQ but i appreciate the sentiment

In post 823, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 820, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why don't we just use abilities on XT?

they will probably fail given my role

i can be lynched tho

In post 845, Xtoxm wrote:not going to self vote as it is the very definition of playing anti win con here but please make this happen asap <3

In post 848, Xtoxm wrote:he made me a survivor, told me my flavour was safe to claim, and told someone else my flavour is not town.

im allowed to be annoyed about that.

In post 852, Xtoxm wrote:yeah, no more vonflare games for me

In post 855, Xtoxm wrote:because im not town

why are you still not voting me?

In post 879, Xtoxm wrote:i asked this back when i got my role, because i was hoping to, you know, not claim as survivor seeing as it's generally an autolynch. he did not specifically say that, he simply didn't give me one and the way he responded to my question made me think it was ok.

In post 1033, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1031, LicketyQuickety wrote:Xt, if you are somehow a Town Survivor now's the time to speak up about that.

I've said i'll play as town. My alignment is neutral.

I can't really object to being lynched today because being rid of me is a pretty good game state for town and probably leaves you 3v7 in a very juiced up town.

I see people entertaining this idea of leaving me alive for a few days and then lynching me which is really bad posting. If you want me to work with you it has to go both ways. I am a triforce daycop so I can help find Link. Scum probably do want me dead.

Either lynch me now today or help me fulfill my wincon. Like ika's saying, having this argument about me for multiple days will be hugely detrimental to town. I feel it's already stalled the productive discussion we were having today.

In post 1072, GuiltyLion wrote:He's absolutely a threat. When we get to LYLO, a survivor is essentially a mafia vote, because they want to end the game ASAP. Xtoxm can promise he'll vote with town all he wants, but in the end I do not want to leave my chances of winning up to the whims of a neutral player.

Fair enough.

I think votes on him right now are objectively pointless, at least until deadline. What are you planning on doing, sitting on a Survivor wagon for the full two weeks? Do something useful with your vote, let Xtoxm scumhunt or lurk or whatever it is he wants to do, and we'll revisit him later.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

With respect to the stuff you spoilered: we could enter the WIFOM of "that's what scum would say if they were claiming surv", but that would be a useless argument for both of us. I guess my point is that I don't see anything in there that confirms that he's not scum.

I want Xtoxm to give us Link. If he's not gonna do that, then I don't see a reason to move my vote off of him. Plus, my vote on him is useful for me to see what everyone else says about it. I could move my vote to Firebringer or Gendaberry (wildcard Davsto but the Sheik claim actually makes me rethink my earlier position on that slot), but I feel like that would be just as useless as it is currently.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”