Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

The thing that bothers me (and makes me think is fake) is that Ether supposedly thought GM was a PR, yet she wasnt really trying to defend her, but mentioning it just enough to make her stance clear (she didnt think GM was scum), tho this probably more playstyle than anything, but when i defend someone i have a strong townread on, or against a lynch i disagree on, i literally yell very loud (see: My posts after LoHa claimed and how i was very adamant about giving him at least an extra day without a CC and kept telling ppl to not do it vs. Ether's "defense" of GM).

Ether could just be a very passive player, whereas im a very aggresive one, but it still feels very weak for someone thinking a PR was getting hung.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Ether »

Moosy thought he was vanilla at the time.

I was willing to consider LoHa being town. (Although it took me a while, since I originally decided to play that way in the first place when I was still pretty sure he was scum. And I do still think that waiting a day before letting a cop or doctor counterclaim would have been the correct play--like Sakura said herself.) I wasn't willing to consider it out loud, because if he
was
scum and I waffled on it, then that would make it obvious that I wasn't a power role myself and would have led to goodmorning being shot instead.

Hamstringing myself like that ended in me hating the game more and more and therefore getting more and more invested in drawing that potential nightkill the more it slipped away from me.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Ether »

And defending someone when my main reason for believing in their innocence at all was that I was scared you were going to out a power role...I didn't really know how to do that. I didn't have a strong townread on her to work with, I had what I thought were breadcrumbs that I certainly wasn't going to be the one to give up. I tried to reach out to goodmorning, and of course I got nothing.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Ether »

This isn't really a matter of passive or aggressive...I don't even know what I am anymore, my 2015 play has been more passive but I hope that's just a temporary thing while I get a sense of things. It's about conviction. I'll argue for tells I believe in, but I'm not just going to pull something out of my ass, and I couldn't
give
the real reason.

If you think I could have found something stronger to say as town, why couldn't I also have done that as her scumbuddy? Wouldn't I have had even more incentive to just make random things up then?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

GM likes to crumb PR as scum in newbies. Did you catch that somewhere. I am so oblivious to that stuff as town I have no idea.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Ether »

Bluh.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 929, SilverWolf wrote:GM likes to crumb PR as scum in newbies. Did you catch that somewhere. I am so oblivious to that stuff as town I have no idea.

There was this one newbie where me and notty were scum and she was a Town JK, she crumbed with "Im never getting lynched" which notty caught so we shot her. I don't think she crumbing is related to her alignment.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Yeah, I think she used to crumb in her IC post as scum or town BP. She did some sort of obvious crumb as a BP in the first game I played with her.

I asked because if Ether caught any crumbs, it might explain it better why she though GM was a PR but if they are scum together, that's something they would of discussed so it probably doesn't matter.

I'm just trying to figure out between Ether and lordj.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Ether »

I'm not, like, a perfect power role seeker, but sometimes things just click into place. Like I said, in this case I had that epiphany when I saw she was still voting LoHa when it was obvious that there was no traction on that wagon, and I remembered other things people had said about her being top poster in her scumgames, while she was so under the radar here. I can give links to games where I take note of that sort of thing as town, if it helps.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Mightymandarin
Mightymandarin
Townie
Mightymandarin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Mightymandarin »

I'm finding all this very interesting.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Ether »

...Okay?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 922, SilverWolf wrote:3 people were pushing to lynch LoHa-GM, Ether, and Moosy. If I'm wrong, correct me please.
Also, this is late, but I wasn't pushing to lynch LoHa, not exactly. I acknowledged that if he was town then he was potentially confirmable in the future. I was treating him as scum while trying to figure out who would be lynched instead, though.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I have a hard time seeing Ether-GoodMorning partnership. There were times during D1 I second-guessed myself on the GoodMorning scumread because I felt like Ether was setting me up to fail by defending a town GoodMorning and attacking me. If GoodMorning had flipped town, that would have Ether all the ammo she needed to set me up to be mislynched D2. With GoodMorning's scumflip, it just undermined her credibility a bit and made it a little harder for her to win and it doesn't seem like the play I'd expect from two seasoned players.

MightyMandarin is starting to worry me. Since GoodMorning was lynched, he took a backseat and started asking for cases and observing but his play during D1 shows that he's perfectly capable of building cases and making analysis himself. It could just be that being wrong on a read rocked his world but he didn't seem all that sure that GoodMorning was town either.

(MightyMandarin), who do you think those people are that are playing well and are town? Who do you think bussed GoodMorning? Give a list of your reads and I want to see where your head's at in general. Why did you withdraw your case against Ether? I'm assuming it was contingent on GoodMorning flipping town.
Mightymandarin
Mightymandarin
Townie
Mightymandarin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Mightymandarin »

In post 937, OceanWind wrote:
MightyMandarin is starting to worry me. Since GoodMorning was lynched, he took a backseat and started asking for cases and observing but his play during D1 shows that he's perfectly capable of building cases and making analysis himself. It could just be that being wrong on a read rocked his world but he didn't seem all that sure that GoodMorning was town either.

(MightyMandarin), who do you think those people are that are playing well and are town? Who do you think bussed GoodMorning? Give a list of your reads and I want to see where your head's at in general. Why did you withdraw your case against Ether? I'm assuming it was contingent on GoodMorning flipping town.

Oh, fun! Someone is asking me what I think! How I've played so far is by drawing all my reads on people from emotions and gut feelings, not sound logic. That's pretty much the whole crux behind who I was suspicious of and tried to make a "case" against. I would ask a question to Ether or Moosy, and they'd ignore me, which to me isn't very fun. So, I would go on stronger until maybe I got a little overzealous and a few days later read back over what I wrote and think "Hm, I'm actually not sure about this." Goodmorning, as IC, was polite to me and answered my newbie questions, so I think I overlooked her based on that.

I haven't built any real cases in D1, i.e. used evidence to make an argument; I just came up with an assumption based on a gut feeling, mostly because honestly I don't know what to say most the time, I'm just kinda throwing things out there, trying to learn how to play. I remember I did a similar thing in one of the other two games I played, I got kind of overzealous and wasn't really thinking things through, also constantly second guessing myself, which puts me back at square 1 because I honestly have no idea who to suspect. I withdrew my case on Ether because honestly I agreed with what she saw

I think everyone who is more active is playing well. I'd say Moosy and Lordj210 are not playing well. Moosy because of a one-note attitude, "just lynch me then," (same ploy GM used at the end, btw) and lordj210 because he spells "sure" as "shure," like he's just typing things wrong on purpose and not saying that much or putting that much out there, I feel.

Who was bussing GM? I don't know. Don't scum "bus" by making cases against who they're trying to distance themselves from? That's what I was arguing earlier with Sakura, Ether and Silverwolf (I thought there were 3 scum in the game then). So that's another reason I withdrew my "case" against Ether, how she was defending her was too obvious.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by LoHa »

Testing something.
Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by LoHa »

Testing something.
Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (5) = 5
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Post by LoHa »

Nice
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:02 am

Post by lordj210 »

I think everyone who is more active is playing well. I'd say Moosy and Lordj210 are not playing well. Moosy because of a one-note attitude, "just lynch me then," (same ploy GM used at the end, btw) and lordj210 because he spells "sure" as "shure," like he's just typing things wrong on purpose and not saying that much or putting that much out there, I feel.

you act as if you didnt even read where i was asked about my spelling on d1 where i said my spelling sucked and at times was in a rush and didnt bother with spell check
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Malakittens »

Official Vote Count

lordj210
(3): OceanWind, Ether, SilverWolf
Mightymandarin
(2): MoosyDoosy, lordj210
Ether
(1): Sakura Hana

Not Voting
(2): Mightymandarin, LoHa

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-11-10 01:00:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 943, Malakittens wrote:
Official Vote Count

lordj210
(3): OceanWind, Ether, SilverWolf
Mightymandarin
(2): MoosyDoosy, lordj210
Ether
(1): Sakura Hana

Not Voting
(2): Mightymandarin, LoHa

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-11-10 01:00:00)

This specific votecount is going to be very important tomorrow should lordj flip town.
Ether's credibility has been shot down with the lynch of GM resulting in a scum lynch, there's no way anything Ether's pushing would have 2 other voters unless the lynch is landing on Town and the actual Scum is helping push, my push on Ether is being stagnated by this push on lordj for some apparent D1 busing on a 9p open game?... really? Granted this analysis means both lordj and Ether are most likely town, but it's something to keep in mind, im gonna do a reset and re-read with GM's flip in mind, again, and assume Ether's town and see what i can come up with
UNVOTE:
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by lordj210 »

im still leaning heavily on mandarin as skum followed by SW for same reasons i stated fom start of d2
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Ether »

Sakura.

Sakura are you kidding me.

Sakura if that is your reason for unvoting me than get back on my wagon this instant, this is everything I hate about VCA.

You realize that everyone else on the lordj wagon today was also voting goodmorning, right? If it's so unthinkable that he bussed, then they're off-limits too. And MoosyDoosy and LoHa are power roles, so there aren't a whole lot of people left over. Mightymandarin is literally the only person who I could vote under those constraints. I'm not voting lordj because I think he bussed, but he was late on the wagon and only joined it when it seemed inevitable, so that detail doesn't really give me pause.

OceanWind and SilverWolf aren't voting him for that either. I've technically influenced them in the sense that I convinced them that I'm more likely to be town than he is, and maybe my explanation of my read on Mightymandarin also resonated with SilverWolf, I don't know. Could you try to actually understand where we're coming from before going, "Ether's on this wagon, there's no way any townie would buy this crap?"

Go ahead and reread, I support that, I should really do it too at some point. But ugh.

MoosyDoosy needs to be prodded and/or replaced.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Yes today i want to lynch someone that didn't vote for GM yesterday.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by Ether »

My head hurts and I'm done for the night.

You should talk to Mightymandarin, he'd appreciate it and I've never been sure what to actually say to him. I hope you do a better job of actually reading what he says than you've been doing with me, though.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I'm not voting lordj because Ether is pushing it or because of anything she said. My vote is based on POE as well as GoodMorning's interactions with lordj. At that time, I was townreading everyone besides lordj but I'm not so sure about Mightymandarin based on his recent posts because it looked like he's just sitting back watching these "interesting" things unfold, but lordj's posts aren't any better and he hasn't been doing much beyond calling Mightmandarin scum.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”