Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5925 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 5899, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 5897, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 5896, Oil Tycoons wrote:I also don't think scum shoot Luna if Bacde is scum.

why not?

If Bacde was scum, they'd know Luna was either naive or insane; either result meant the next day wouldn't really be a threat from her.

hey I like this

I seriously doubt I would kill a cop with an inno on me as scum
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5926 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Kamigami »

OT's post there is silliness. Insane is identical to Sane in the context of a cop of unknown sanity.

---

I have vedith as lower likelihood scum than klingon. {aneninen, bacde, plot}
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5927 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Kamigami »

my list is just a rearrangement of yours, but probably with a steeper confidence drop:

Aneninen
Bacde

Plotinus

Klingon
Vedith
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5928 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

It feels so... weird that the game is so solved.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5929 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Kamigami »

Lynches were optimal. Night actions were very good. NKs did almost nothing to reduce town power, unless OT's role was strong.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5930 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Kamigami »

Klingon being scum would certainly balance the game, since the two missing vig shots seem like a significant potential source of imbalance unless there is reason to believe they're unlikely to hit good targets.

We also have absolutely no idea what powers the scum had to foil town power, and it's very likely a significant amount of it died with brantz and pisskop.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5931 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 5927, Kamigami wrote:my list is just a rearrangement of yours, but probably with a steeper confidence drop:

Aneninen
Bacde

Plotinus

Klingon
Vedith

I still am not sold on Aninenin being scum. Bcade's still part of the counterwagon to pisskop.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5932 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Aneninen »

Something has come into my mind. I want to examine something (it's in connection with some stuffs I posted in both of my Neighbourhoods before). Can I have some time for that? I mean, please, don't rush-hammer, okay?

I'll try to do it in a couple of hours. After that, we can lynch Bacde, and if he happens to flip town (which I don't think) we can lynch me Tomorrow if most of you still think that I'm scum.
Oil Tycoons
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5933 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 am

Post by Oil Tycoons »

Or you can vote Klingon!
Fire is bad for business.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5934 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Aneninen »

Some thoughts.
Who was the scum on the Ika-wagon? Maybe Prohawk? What shall we think of Medeia? Why should I vote for Klingonette? I've seen her scumplay before and it was very, very different.

Also, I've been thinking.
When Brantz had flipped I was considered obv-town by most. If so, why the f-ck am I still alive? Maybe Tammy and Luna were more obvious targets. (I still don't get the Zelnick-kill, though.) If I'm enabling a town-PR, hooray. However, if it happens to turn out that I'm enabling a
scum
-PR, I'm a utility lynch.

There are concerns that the one who hammers Bacde may die too. Providing there's a chance for that, Plotinus shouldn't hammer. I should. Everyone seems to agree that Plotinus's town whereas some thinks that I'm scum.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5935 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 5934, Aneninen wrote:Maybe Prohawk? What shall we think of Medeia?

"Not reading the goddamn game" for 100, Alex
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5936 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Wall of Fire »

In post 5934, Aneninen wrote:tz had flipped I was considered obv-town by most. If so, why the f-ck am I still alive?

In post 5935, Cabd wrote:

In post 5934, Aneninen wrote:
There are concerns that the one who hammers Bacde may die too. Providing there's a chance for that, Plotinus shouldn't hammer. I should. Everyone seems to agree that Plotinus's town whereas some thinks that I'm scum.

In post 5935, Cabd wrote:
Skill in arms attained these princes from a Brahman warrior bold,
Drona, priest and proud preceptor, peerless chief of days of old!
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5937 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5870, Plotinus wrote:klingoncelt

her vote on bacde comes out of nowhere.

No, I'm sheeping WoF, who were right about Pisskop.

her night 3 protect on perpetual nonsense doesn’t make sense to me; she’d barely interacted with them before, had seemed to be town reading them on day 1 but other than that not much.

There was a lot of "suspicion" on them. I wasn't sure if it was Town suspicion or Scum faking suspicion. Either way, I thought - and still think - that they're Town, and needed protection.

bothered some about her assessment that the TvT between Tammy vs Kuroko had to be TvS, and then the read just disappears for an entire day phase only to come back with a naked vote on day 3 that seems to be in response to our vote on pisskop. It’s also weird that she pushes my predecessor for being confident when wall of fire had been pushing her for being confident. for what it’s worth, I think my predecessor’s “I am God’s gift to mafia” stance was a teenager thing.

I was right about Tammy being Town. I'm still thinking your slot is likely Scum.

don’t really get the unvote and revote of brantz, which are adjacent in iso, but probably something happened in the intervening hundred posts (she says something about tarot cards in the post where she revotes him but I don’t understand it). I think her continued insistence that brantz had to be scum based on his cards after it was explained that this was a choose your own cards not a choose your own alignment game is scummy.

I've been reading the Cards for 39 years. I'm going to look at the choices as relating. Sorry.

O wait, Brantz was Scum. And Wisdom too.

I'M NOT SORRY!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

interacts approximately equally with wisdom and pisskop. a little more with wisdom than with pisskop, but she's hidden her living buddy well from me if she has one.

She doesn't have one. She's Town.

her defence of pisskop is hard to know what to make of it because it’s based on stuff that happened in a neighbourhood that i don’t have access to that hasn’t been paraphrased legibly.

I'm confident that the others in the hood can sort that out.

her reasons for scum reading idiocy are very surface level.

Idiocy's reasons for Scumreading me were very bad level.

her read reversal on ika seems similarly unnatural given how hard she was town reading him earlier. she starts town reading him again later.

I've played with Ika at 3 sites. I can usually spot his Town game. It's more difficult when he's in a hydra.

4653 makes me think godfather tell but I know that's a weak tell, but there were two godfathers in the last large i was in. her night 1 protect on luna doesn’t make sense because she doesn’t seem to have been town reading her on day 1 and at the start of day 2 she seems to be scum reading her. later on in 5705 she’s still scum reading her but says that “she can’t play right” which implies thinking she’s bad town instead of scum. This continues in 5709 with her calling luna anti-town instead of scum.

I was so back and forth with Luna... my read on her changed every few minutes. She was very anti-Town, but as we now know, not Scum. I protected her because I was in a "she's probably Town" read frame.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5938 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5876, Plotinus wrote:@kamigami: In wifom city she was town and on day 1 she was mislynched, and her perspective there looked similar to her perspective here. If people were suspicious of her, she was suspicious of them in turn. If people townread her, she townread them in turn. Her play here has been similar to that. She turned on luna because luna had a different mafia theory perspective than she did about how the neighbourhoods should be treated. she turned on ika because he called her scum. her scumread on idiocy was also omgus.

I don't know if omgussy play is a compelling reason to call her town, but i've seen her play like that as town in my only previous experience playing with her.

In Wifom City there was something going on that I am not at liberty to discuss. Let's just say that it's not a good idea to try to read me based on that game.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5939 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5894, Oil Tycoons wrote:I know I can't vote but I feel dirty as hell not voting:

Vote: Klingoncelt

Oil, your choices haven't been great.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5940 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5904, Oil Tycoons wrote:Was anyone able to answer the question of "why didn't Klingon attempt to vig"?

Yeah, Klingon answered it.

tl;dr version: Vig's tend to kill more Townies than Scummies. I'd rather risk healing a Scum than killing a Townie.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5941 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5919, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:honestly, WE are still confused why WE were protected.

Because I thought you would be targeted. See previous posts.
-
MiniDeathStar
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5942 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Sometimes we sacrifice for the greater good Klingon.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5943 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

WE would be willing to deliver divine justice to Bacde.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5944 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5942, ProHawk wrote:Sometimes we sacrifice for the greater good Klingon.

Losing a PR because the Vig thought they were Scum is not a good sacrifice. Letting Scum NK a Townie is not a good sacrifice.
-
MiniDeathStar
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5945 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Hi Klingon. Thanks for answering my concerns.

In post 5937, Klingoncelt wrote:No, I'm sheeping WoF, who were right about Pisskop.
oh ok. you hadn't had much of an opinion of him before, that's all.

There was a lot of "suspicion" on [Perpetual Nonsense]. I wasn't sure if it was Town suspicion or Scum faking suspicion. Either way, I thought - and still think - that they're Town, and needed protection.
Do you think that scum are likely to nightkill people they fake suspicion of?

I was right about Tammy being Town. I'm still thinking your slot is likely Scum.
You were right about Tammy. You weren't right about me. But you're not being graded on accuracy here; scum can be 100% accurate about their reads if they choose to be.

I've been reading the Cards for 39 years. I'm going to look at the choices as relating. Sorry.

O wait, Brantz was Scum. And Wisdom too.

I'M NOT SORRY!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
ok.

I'm confident that the others in the hood can sort that out.
Perhaps they can. It makes my scumhunting more difficult because I have to trust that your reads progression on pisskop makes sense to a group of people who aren't me.

I will only get around to reading dead town ISOs when I have nothing better to do, but I did ctrl-f kling in their ISO and it looks like they were primarily scumreading you for not doing very much, and for not having reads beyond omgus. What was wrong with their reasons for scumreading you?

I've played with Ika at 3 sites. I can usually spot his Town game. It's more difficult when he's in a hydra.
I think 95% of their ISO was ika posts, but ok.

In post 5938, Klingoncelt wrote:In Wifom City there was something going on that I am not at liberty to discuss. Let's just say that it's not a good idea to try to read me based on that game.
your play there was part of my reasons for why you could be town here, not part of my attack, but I'm okay with dropping this lining of reasoning; the game state was different enough that comparisons may be difficult and we don't have to talk about it.

I will try to read you based on this game alone.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5946 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5945, Plotinus wrote:Hi Klingon. Thanks for answering my concerns.

Do you think that scum are likely to nightkill people they fake suspicion of?

If they think that player is a threat, yes. Whoever carries out the kill can claim Vig if caught.

I will only get around to reading dead town ISOs when I have nothing better to do, but I did ctrl-f kling in their ISO and it looks like they were primarily scumreading you for not doing very much, and for not having reads beyond omgus. What was wrong with their reasons for scumreading you?

Did you read Day1 here? It's got to be the worst clusterfuck I've ever seen. Zelnik's wallposts made my eyes bleed. Anyway the horrific Day 1 made it really difficult for me to get any kind of grip on the game. I was totally flying blind. So I didn't do a whole lot, not like I could get a word in edgewise. The OMGUS was pretty reasonable from where I sit, most of those scumreading me seemed to literally pull it out of their asses with a cluster of screaming monkeys, their "suspicions" made no logical sense to me.

In Wifom City there was something going on that I am not at liberty to discuss. Let's just say that it's not a good idea to try to read me based on that game.
your play there was part of my reasons for why you could be town here, not part of my attack, but I'm okay with dropping this lining of reasoning; the game state was different enough that comparisons may be difficult and we don't have to talk about it.
I will try to read you based on this game alone.

You can go to my profile and ISO games from there...

Here's a link to my very favorite Scum game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6682420

The Scum PT: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=61116
-
MiniDeathStar
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #5947 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 5.3
Montiero had a particular interest in a philosophical study for which he constructed a dedicated room.

Bacde
(5): Wall of Fire, Vedith, Perpetual Nonsense, Klingoncelt, Aj The Epic

Not Voting
(7): ProHawk, Aneninen, Fluff Central, Bacde, Plotinus, Kamigami, Medea the Alien

Deadline: November 20, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-11-20 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5948 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5946, Klingoncelt wrote:Did you read Day1 here? It's got to be the worst clusterfuck I've ever seen. Zelnik's wallposts made my eyes bleed. Anyway the horrific Day 1 made it really difficult for me to get any kind of grip on the game. I was totally flying blind. So I didn't do a whole lot, not like I could get a word in edgewise. The OMGUS was pretty reasonable from where I sit, most of those scumreading me seemed to literally pull it out of their asses with a cluster of screaming monkeys, their "suspicions" made no logical sense to me.
Ohhh.

I haven't reread it since replacing in yet; I do ISOs first, but I did read Day 1 in real time. I had absolutely no reads whatsoever until like page 200 which is ridiculous even for me. My reaction to this game for quite some time was "I love this playerlist but thank fuck this is somebody else's problem" not "I wish I could jump in and tell all these people that they're being wrong on the internet and I must convince them of my rightness".

It was only when I started having opinions about this game that I was willing to replace in.

I couldn't tell how much of that was being burnt out though; this game started around the time I almost siteflaked but one of my hydra partners was laying it on thick like
you're my only hydra partner who hasn't flaked on me
and the other sat me down and troubleshooted with me on how to stop stressing so much and make the game fun again (that's why all the frog pics) and then by the time those games were over I felt better and didn't want to site flake anymore.

Looking at this game at the time, it seemed like everyone else was getting something out of what to me was complete gibberish in real time that only makes sense in light of flips. I think that may be an illusion, though, this idea that everyone else understands what's happening and it's just me that gets lost. I thought that was just me being dumb. Perhaps it's more accurate that the loudest voices understand what's going on and the quieter voices are just going through the motions knowing it'll make sense eventually.

I'll give you a lot more of a free pass for day 1 if that's how you were feeling. I get it. That's part of why I like replacing in so much. I get to skip the gibberish phase until there's enough hindsight for it to no longer be gibberish.

Zelinks posts were one of the only things I liked about day 1 though. They were hysterically funny. I thought his post restriction was real and wanted his slot for a while because I've always wanted to be post restricted.

Klingon wrote:
You can go to my profile and ISO games from there...

Here's a link to my very favorite Scum game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6682420

The Scum PT: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=61116
Meta works best for me when it's experiential meta for something that I was playing in or following along with in real time trying to guess alignments and doing numbers thing, but if I have time I'll try to skim it and I'll read the scum PT at least.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5949 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Post by Vedith »

So, here's something interesting... I am lovered with Bacde until end of the day. Thanks to whoever did that. :giggle:
So I guess if we are lynch him then maybe I should hammer?
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”