Blitz 4: Kingmaker (game over)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 172, Soft-spoken wrote:
In post 169, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 166, Soft-spoken wrote:spiffeh, can you explain your TR on me? it stands out as a stark contrast to the poking people with twigs thing you have been doing otherwise.

Why didnt you ask me about my townread on you and only spiffeh?

because you arnt suspecious of most of the playerlist... unless i missed that

Why does that matter? i could be faking a townread on you and i never mentioned my reason for my townread on you, so why aren't you being bothered by it?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 171, Accountant wrote:I can't get a read on Firebringer or Titus.

And thats what makes us DEADLY!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

VOTE: Texcat

To help Titus.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

spiffeh I want a reads list now please
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 171, Accountant wrote:I can't get a read on Firebringer or Titus.

I want Smithereens to respond what they think about Spiffeh. A lot of people have come forward and said they thought Spiffeh was doubtcasting(Titus said he was doubtcasting, Firebringer thought he was pushing on Smith, softspoken said he was poking with twigs), what do you think of that?

its not thati claim to know his intent behind the playstyle. but a spade is a spade.

"doubtcasting" implies intent

poking with twigs just describes what he is doing.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 177, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: Texcat

To help Titus.

Why texcat over Spiffeh?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Accountant no
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 180, Titus wrote:

Why texcat over Spiffeh?

My success with my primary scum reads on Day 1 suck lately.
But my second and third scum reads have been pretty good.

Its not usually the first person you think of, its the one you think looks odd but takes a backburner to the more active players.
Show

Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p7373848] i could be faking a townread on you and i never mentioned my reason for my townread on you, so why aren't you being bothered by it?[/quote]
i dont typically play (and have never finished 1 on this site) games larger than 9 players, and the advice given to me to cope with bigger playerlists early in the game was to focus on 2 or 3 players. until you engaged me with this i was largely ignoring you
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 74, texcat wrote:OK.
VOTE: Spiffeh

He seemed a little hyperdefensive when I asked him to explain his I-don't-like-it post.
Still not a fan of Soft-spoken, but it could just be a style issue.

Um I was explaining why I thought your posts were jumps in logic? How was it hyper defensive?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 146, Accountant wrote:
In post 140, Smithereens wrote:
In post 128, Accountant wrote:There is such a thing as passive-aggressiveness dude.

This is not relevant, and if it is, all the more reason to believe your motivation for voting was malicious.

If you can call him out and condemn him as scum for passive-aggressive reference to other players, then your own method is scummy for the same reason. As you said, your vote for him stands because you believe he lashed out. Now some things to note:
1) You originally called it lashing out, and then described what he should have done as something which was far more 'lashing out' or aggressive, meaning there was no actual hope for him to be able to get a town read off you.
2) You underplayed your original claim by citing text-book scum plays that applied to him. What you cited, namely the 'lack of aggression' = scum, because scum would come right out and say it flatly contradicts your initial reason for voting him.
3) When you attempted to justify it, you came up with "Passive-aggression." Which is not actually what you were claiming when you were elaborating the reasons previous. Hence you've changed your claims yet again.
4) The reasons which you've cited as evidence against him I'd like to use as a more valid construction for a vote grounds against you. Namely, you are scum because:
a) Instead of 'saying so,' you gave arbitrary and highly ambiguous reads that concluded a vote against Spiffeh was justified.
b) You lashed out against Spiffeh (is equally valid to your original claim, which is to say, not valid at all)
c) You're blatantly performing 'doubt-casting' on Spiffeh, by making a claim against him that can be retracted into: "Oh, it was passive-aggression."

Your play is scummy as fck let's be honest.

Addressing your points:

1) You seem to think that him standing there and saying "texcat is scum" is less aggressive than sniping at texcat from the shadows. This isn't true at all. Sniping at someone, especially scum pushing a wagon from the shadows, is a far better way to cast suspicion on them and push their wagon than just voting them and going flat out "this person is scum".

>This blatantly contradicts your original motive for voting him. You claimed he was 'lashing out.' Which explicitly entails an overt medium of attack. Don't change your definitions of aggression, we all read that as active aggression, hence you meant that as active aggression. Presumably you are fluent in English, so there is no wiggling out of the fact that you conveyed to us the meaning of that as 'active aggression' not 'passive aggression.'

2) Being passive-aggressive is NOT lack of aggression. It is being sneaky about your aggression. I called out spiffeh for his sneaky aggression.

>As above, you called out Spiffeh for his 'lashing out,' which you don't get to define. Your readers are the ones who define that, and you obviously chose words that conveyed what you wanted us to believe. Welp, we believe that Spiffeh was in fact lashing out. Which is a plausible enough claim to make, however it didn't mesh with your defense when you were examined, which is where problems surface. You clearly didn't intend to convey any form of passiveness because that didn't come out until later on in the questioning, so you intended for us to believe what a primary appraisal of what you first said would conclude. Furthermore, you later said that he should have 'said so,' which is a more apt way of lashing out. So anything he would have done could simply be defined as lashing out, and you could scum read him for that. That's one reason why you should have just given the reason behind your scum read initially. You could say he was lashing out and then depending on if he was aggressive or passive, say that he was attempting to lead the town or was being too aggressive, or else make the claim that he should have been more aggressive. It's a double edged sword for him.

3) See above.

>The fact remains that your claims have changed. So to seal this in concrete, at the time you made your vote against Spiffeh, did you intend to mean he was too passive-aggressive or too aggressive-aggressive?

4a) Arbitrary and highly ambiguous reads? I said spiffeh was scum and voted him lmao

>To clarify: By saying that he 'lashed out,' and later defining lashed out as being either passive or aggressive depending on whichever he was, you've created a double conundrum for him in that whatever he does you are able to peg him as scum.

b) I was aggressive towards spiffeh, but I was open and upfront about my aggression instead of poking him sneakily like he did to tex.

>So you admit you lashed out against Spiffeh? And conversely what Spiffeh did cannot be aptly described as lashing out?

c) That's not doubtcasting. Doubtcasting is when you say something like "well don't you think X could be interpreted as Y under a certain light" and scum like to do it because if they are proven wrong they can laugh and say "well I did say under a certain light". It's basically being a weasel. On the other hand I am coming out and saying "what spiffeh did was scummy and I am voting him for it". See the difference?

>That's exactly what I can accuse you of. If it is established that Spiffeh did in no way lash out against anyone, you can laugh and detract that claim into: "Well, it was passive aggressive." Alternatively, if nobody calls BS on your claim, you can go merrily along with everyone else still under the initial impression of his aggression.

Also right now Smithereens is blatantly whiteknighting spiffeh

I'm attacking you=/= whiteknighting Spiffeh. Please show me where I revealed a town read on Spiffeh.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

fixing with repost
Sakura Hana wrote: i could be faking a townread on you and i never mentioned my reason for my townread on you, so why aren't you being bothered by it?

i dont typically play (and have never finished 1 on this site) games larger than 9 players, and the advice given to me to cope with bigger playerlists early in the game was to focus on 2 or 3 players. until you engaged me with this i was largely ignoring you
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 151, Spiffeh wrote:I could see Smithereens being scum.

Trying to latch onto something easy to argue against (read: your bad reasons for suspecting me) without letting me even react to it.

Lol, There hasn't been a shaky post I haven't seen which I haven't attacked. Also, I don't really care how you react to it, it's not you being investigated.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah, I would love a texcat via accountant day,
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 98, Titus wrote:Ok, I am removing Smithereens from the lynch today. It is possible she's scum and is faking, I don't think so. I'm inclined to give the newbie time unless someone makes a good case for her being scum as that's close to a town tell.

Now as for the lynch, you can vote anyone but me or Smithereens. After 36 hours, everyone who lacks a vote will not be the lynch. Any wagon reaching hammer will be the lynch. I will not have a vote for these purposes but I function as a bad wagon vetoed (which I plan to use sparingly, basically if a wagon is driven only by fallacies or insults).

Good luck.

I would expect town Titus to be a lot less crowd pleasing as the king so I don't like this post.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 188, Titus wrote:Yeah, I would love a texcat via accountant day,

uhh, what?
Can you rephrase that?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 156, Accountant wrote:
^ I don't really like that post.

texcat you are very quick to call things scum itg which is very different from how I remember you as town before.

I have read literally nothing but she's not in the thick of things which I don't like

Fuck Titus might be scum

Not a fan of her very few posts so far.

I could see Smithereens being scum.

Talk about spreading shit around to see if some of it sticks.

A single instance of this is suspicious. When its this constant, its clearly stylistic. A null lead in other words.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

ohwait. swag wars was 13p... but ya i played that poorly, died early, and disappeared from the site for a while. anyways.

sakura, you are welcome to explain your reasons as well.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 192, Soft-spoken wrote:sakura, you are welcome to explain your reasons as well.

You prefer me to say it first or you rather wait for spiffeh.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 189, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 98, Titus wrote:Ok, I am removing Smithereens from the lynch today. It is possible she's scum and is faking, I don't think so. I'm inclined to give the newbie time unless someone makes a good case for her being scum as that's close to a town tell.

Now as for the lynch, you can vote anyone but me or Smithereens. After 36 hours, everyone who lacks a vote will not be the lynch. Any wagon reaching hammer will be the lynch. I will not have a vote for these purposes but I function as a bad wagon vetoed (which I plan to use sparingly, basically if a wagon is driven only by fallacies or insults).

Good luck.

I would expect town Titus to be a lot less crowd pleasing as the king so I don't like this post.

If you want to be more helpful, try explaining why this cannot be perceived as townie.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

SPIFFEH plz answer.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 117, Accountant wrote:
texcat you are very quick to call things scum itg which is very different from how I remember you as town before.

This is literally textbook doubtcasting.

"which is very different from how I remember you as town before" is a meta argument.

Note how he doesn't directly call tex scum so if tex flips town he can go "but I didn't say tex was scum, I just said he acted differently from what I remember of him as town". If town!Spiffeh really was leaning scum on tex, he would come right out and say so instead of sniping at him like this.

You are really fighting for some narrative that you want to be true and I can already tell it would be a fucking chore to try and convince you otherwise.

But I'm not one to back down so

Maybe I didn't commit to calling her scum because it was like the second page? I am making observations. I'm not going to commit to a read on it so get over it. How on earth is this worse than texcat's style of "call everything that moves scum". I noticed a difference in her playstyle and pointed it out. The texcat I remembered from the game we played was a lot more level headed and sure as hell wasn't so quick to call things scum.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Hold your horses omg
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Just because something is considered "townie" doesn't mean it came from town, just so you know.
But yes, usually their is this odd kind of "reverse read" you have to do on Titus to figure out her actual alignment lol
Show

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 166, Soft-spoken wrote:spiffeh, can you explain your TR on me? it stands out as a stark contrast to the poking people with twigs thing you have been doing otherwise.

It's mostly gut and I didn't like how you seemed to be universally scum read at the time for some ridiculous reason.

You know kinda like how I am now :roll:

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”