Blitz 3: Dead of Winter Mafia - Game Over

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 343, A Royal Saint wrote:
In post 341, Klingoncelt wrote:
@Titus - Is there a wiki link for this game?

I just finished a game on Ika's site. Big mistake, they have a huge variety of crazy roles over there. Now I have a bunch of crazy possibilities dancing through my head: Judas, Saulus, unlynchable (but still Night-killable!,) saved by a judge, revived, ...

Oh, the post restriction was quite real. Sucked completely.

Now that you can speak what are your thoughts about the game and its players? Could you do a readwall of sorts?

Right at this moment I can't do a readslist, but I can do one over the next several hours.

I looked through the Wiki Normal roles, Gameplay506 could be Deathproof, Lynchproof, Judas, Saulus, or helped by a Reviver or Unlyncher.

Other thoughts will come as I write the readslist.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 345, pisskop wrote:eww. Dave suddenly in this one game takes offense at my playstyle.

I don't remember this degree of reticence on giving reads. The rest of it is bog standard, right down to the cheek in every other post. :P
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

For now:

VOTE: Ranger

whose reads list leaves much to be desired.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

Reformatted slightly to make reply easier.
In post 305, A Royal Saint wrote:
b) If I was scum I would have just no lynched instead of staying up off hours to ensure a lynch and
c) double vote for scum acts like 3 scum for balancing and 11 v 3 would be op as hell but sure stay in that world.

b. Scum will take a mislynch over a no-lynch any day. So saying you can't be scum with gameplay town is just a plain bad argument.
c. 13p open games are almost always 10v3, aren't they? And micros are 9p with 7v2. 11v2 is normally townsided unless scum have something to help them. So saying being a double voter means you can't be scum is a bad argument too.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Expedience »

Davesaz, do you think that gameplay's apparent lynchproofness is indicative of him being scum?
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

B) No. With no one playing scum no lynch would make it seem like no one could be lynched with demoralizes town and gives nothing. As scum I would prefer a no lynch just never advocate it.

In fact the more no lunches that occur usually the safer scum is. I am always considered "crazy" and am an easy mislynch target so when I am scum I have a harder time faking that crazy so I took some time off from mafia to study and learn and analyze. Scum never have to go for the best. They go for what they can get.

C) http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=62206 Sample game. Yes 10v3 but town no powers and scum no powers (except masons). Given this is a Titus set up almost everyone has a power and there must be balancing. So either the wincons are insane and never doable and/or scum would have some kind of help. Since this is a Titus game I am assuming the win cons are doable, so scum have to have help. Some kind of uber power. Lynch proof just makes sense.

Notice how the conversation moved away from gameplay and now we are diversifying. Lo and behold if this continues I bet dimes to donuts that we will end up like d1 which would suck. Gameplay506 really needs to get on and explain.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Ranger »

Ahg.
I'm getting mislynched this game.
Probably this day phase.
You might as well get it over with and vote me to put me out of my misery.

VOTE: A Royal Saint.
My strongest scumread.

I've gained a townread on dave, but that's about it changes-wise to my list.
And I don't think it'll be changing. I can't lock down reads.

Not my day.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Ranger »

{gameplay, Klingoncelt}
{davesaz}
{Davsto, pisskop}
{Scorpious, Expedience}
{Jester}
{hiplop, Silver Bard, Makoto}
{A Royal Saint}

Approximately? Gets shakier the closer to the middle you get.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 356, Ranger wrote:Ahg.
I'm getting mislynched this game.
Probably this day phase.
You might as well get it over with and vote me to put me out of my misery.

You really think so? Lynching gameplay would probably be the best move here depending on his claim, you're probably town even though I strongly disagree with most of your reads. I don't want to lynch you at any rate.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by davesaz »

Pedit: in reply to Expedience's question...

I played a mafia-aligned lawyer role in a very large multiball game on another site. That was my only experience with an unlynchable mechanic, and it was to benefit scum.
Here, I don't think it is proof, but it should count for something as evidence in that direction.
I'd like to see Gameplay's explanation, if he has one.

The flaws in ARS's argument that I pointed out tell me that he's not cleared by the double vote. I would not expect them to be aligned together unless the 2nd vote ends day without actually causing a lynch. That's pure speculation and I'd much rather see more tangible evidence.

@ARS: Diversifying discussion is good for town. We may come back to the same conclusion as before, but we should use the time we have to improve our reads. I would see a quick lynch as absolutely antitown at this point.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 359, davesaz wrote:Pedit: in reply to Expedience's question...

I played a mafia-aligned lawyer role in a very large multiball game on another site. That was my only experience with an unlynchable mechanic, and it was to benefit scum.
Here, I don't think it is proof, but it should count for something as evidence in that direction.
I'd like to see Gameplay's explanation, if he has one.

Alright, that's about where I'm at.

The flaws in ARS's argument that I pointed out tell me that he's not cleared by the double vote. I would not expect them to be aligned together unless the 2nd vote ends day without actually causing a lynch. That's pure speculation and I'd much rather see more tangible evidence.

So if I'm hearing you correctly, what you're trying to say is not that the double vote makes ARS scum, but just that it doesn't make him 100% completely confirmed town. Are you currently scumreading ARS?
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

@Daveaz -- I agree with the idea diversification is good. Even great. What I am concerned with is having people not vote before deadline for gameplay (or if someone scum claims them). Last time we were scrambling. I want to prevent that by getting people to explicitly promise they will be voting for gameplay.

@Ranger -- 1) That seems completely fake. 2) why are you so concerned about your own survival? If people lynch me they are being stupid as clearly I was the high value target last night and probably got protected. Honestly I am amazed to be here. 3) Why the hell is gameplay towb? I have asked several times and yet you dodge the answer. Other people are asking but yet I am scummy without reason? Bullshit.

A read wall without reasons is just words on paper.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Titus »

Official Vote Count

Makoto Nanaya
(3): A Royal Saint, The_Jester, Expedience
Ranger
(1): Klingoncelt
A Royal Saint
(1): Ranger
gameplay506
(1): A Royal Saint

Not Voting
(8): Makoto Nanaya, davesaz, The Silver Bard, Scorpious, pisskop, Davsto, hiplop, gameplay506

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-11-11 09:40:00)
Last edited by Titus on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

@Titus -- Gameplay hasn't posted yet today how does he have a vote?

Missed that in the automated VCs. It should be fixed now.
Peptobislawl
Peptobislawl
Goon
Peptobislawl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by Peptobislawl »

@mod: I haven't voted yet either, and the deadline is expired.
Show
Will protect people not in the game

"I'm with the insane cop" -Pepto 2015

References games from other sites in his sig
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Titus »

My bad. Copied the wrong VC. Will fix.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

And Titus has joined team Z a bit too early it seems :P *just teasing*
Makoto Nanaya
Makoto Nanaya
Townie
Makoto Nanaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by Makoto Nanaya »

In post 364, Peptobislawl wrote:
@mod: I haven't voted yet either, and the deadline is expired.

I did it again guys.

SO GOOD AT THIS.
My mighty fists wil send you to the stars!
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Davsto »

@Titus, I think the CD has carried over votes from yesterday, as I have not voted anyone yet today.
UNVOTE:

In post 329, Expedience wrote:
In post 293, Davsto wrote:Well this new deathless setup of Mafia certainly is interesting.

Do you think that the scum attempted to make a kill last night or decided not to?
Almost certainly attempted a kill. No reason not to when there's 13 players alive. My best bet is a Doc protected their target, and given that gameplay appeared to be unlynchable, my guess is that they wanted to get rid of him via nightkill. Keep in mind that in some cases, the secondary wincons might give away hints to the role, so there's a good chance they know more about gameplay's role than us; they probably have some idea as to whether he's one-shot or just flat out unlynchable.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 368, Davsto wrote:
@Titus, I think the CD has carried over votes from yesterday, as I have not voted anyone yet today.
UNVOTE:

In post 293, Davsto wrote:Well this new deathless setup of Mafia certainly is interesting.

Do you think that the scum attempted to make a kill last night or decided not to?
Almost certainly attempted a kill. No reason not to when there's 13 players alive. My best bet is a Doc protected their target, and given that gameplay appeared to be unlynchable, my guess is that they wanted to get rid of him via nightkill. Keep in mind that in some cases, the secondary wincons might give away hints to the role, so there's a good chance they know more about gameplay's role than us; they probably have some idea as to whether he's one-shot or just flat out unlynchable.

Now the VC is really all fixed. Turns out copy and pasting post 0 link into my automated VC ignores the prompt to start at Day 2. Who woulda thunk that?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

@Makoto who do you think scum are and why?

@Davsto -- I agree that their target was probably protected by something. I just doubt it is gameplay.
Let's assume we are in crazy world and gameplay is town which for the record I am playing devil's advocate:
I believe gameplay is scum but ...

1) assume scum believes him 1 shot. That makes him like a vanilla townie. Why kill a vanilla townie when scum balance dictates that he is almost certainly scum? Then they'd almost certainly get a mislynch today.

2) assume that scum believes him lynch proof . Then a second day is without lynch and gameplay would pretty much be townfirm at that point and that puts the doc in a dilemma:

Do they protect the double voter who is obv town or the confirmed but powerless townie?

The only likely shot target was me and I was probably protected.
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

I am going to bed early day at work tomorrow. Sweet dreams everyone!
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by Davsto »

Oops, I forgot you were Double Voter. I really need to pay more attention before coming out with logic like that.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 368, Davsto wrote:

I just found the "deathless setup" part odd in your first post so I wanted clarification on that. Thanks for your response.

You're implying that you think gameplay is town when you say that you thought scum would want to nightkill him, why do you believe this?[/quote]
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by Davsto »

What?