Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 588, Kilgamayan wrote:Oh, I meant similarly to Muffin's sentiments about Borkborkbork (read: not know what bork actually thinks of anyone), not similarly to anything said about you. Sorry for the confusion.

You don't have to be so formal with me Kilga. :p I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong from your PoV, other then being erratic and weird.

In post 591, Kagami wrote:
I don't have any specific objections here, but it's a very delayed reaction from someone who I expected would be more interested in interacting with me.

In my experience we don't interact with each other so much as co-exist. I did address something to you in my post #486, you didn't comment on it, which I expected. I suspect we'll have a lot more to talk about tomorrow since imo you like mechanics as much as I do.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 649, GuyInFreezer wrote:Dunno about chocola but rest are horribly wrong.

/post of the day

why do you town read Feysal?

why do you specifically mention my post, as opposed to disagreeing with these reads in general?

@Relentless: I see your question and am responding to it (along with writing up some other thoughts), I'm just responding to this first.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Because reason.
Because you posted it and it was horribly wrong.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by pieguyn »

is there a reason you didn't bother to post your Feysal read until now, rather than commenting on it back when, e.g. Kagami was pushing him?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

rather, anyone who was continuing to push him after he had provided content (it occurred to me Kagami backed off of him then)
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

The only reason I even mentioned my read was just to throw a jab at you.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Oh also I forgot to say this earlier.

@Gaiden: I don't really care if you raid my neighborhood or not. I just preferred you absolutely join mine if your raiding was a spell card.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I wish people who don't want to lynch Feysal would actually explain why they don't want to lynch Feysal. because everybody who doesn't want to lynch Feysal hasn't explained why they don't want to lynch Feysal.

Kagami, how does Feysal's state of mind suggest town if scum have kills? if it's worth anything, I firmly believe scum's got some form of NK ability. but I have a wacky killing ability myself too so Who Knows (would not be surprised if it was just strewn across both sides)
I'm a Teapot
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

@GiF: You and notscience have the most grade school way of playing mafia. It makes it hard for the off-siters who take mafia seriously to read you.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

It's not like I'm not used to people playing this way it's just that I look at the playerlist and see 5 ActionDans
I'm a Teapot
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

Shadoweh u should talk to me about reads and things....... I'm leaning town on you but I have to say you haven't been doing much other than responding. I'd actually like a listpost from you just to see where you're at on everyone
I'm a Teapot
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 658, Shadoweh wrote:@GiF: You and notscience have the most grade school way of playing mafia. It makes it hard for the off-siters who take mafia seriously to read you.

Gomen, gomen.

But I do have my own reason for choosing this playstyle for this game.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

If you don't like it, lynch it.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I'll be more open D2 but for this game day let me work on the background.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

And to take my word that Feysal is town.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 643, The_Relentless wrote:@pieguyn: why's GIF scum? I've actually been feeling him as the towniest of the lurkers/spamposters

I actually feel relatively OK about GIF on reread, tbh.

most of my issues with him were based on how ridiculously passive he was being, particularly with regard to the Kagami and bork reads, but I can think of enough alternate explanations for it that I don't take issue with it.
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

That's cool then. you should move your vote off me so skypal realizes I'm not getting lynched B)
I'm a Teapot
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

can someone who's town reading Sky walk me through it in more depth? Sky is almost impossible for me to read cos in the last UPick I thought most of what he said made no sense and then when he was scum most of what he said came off fairly reasonable.

from my memory of Katsuki, he considers it suboptimal scum play to not actively do anything benefiting a scum wincon. I think the way he's playing (which on a surface level is his town meta) would be 100% fakeable, and the kind of thing I would expect someone to fake given the opportunity to do so given how easily fakeable it is, but I don't know if it's consistent with his mindset about playing scum.

unvote:
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I'm not confident on this read but Katsuki's vote on me after he said he hasn't been reading may be a towntell? it makes me think he dropped into the thread, saw a wagon piling up and contributed because getting a reaction out of it was the way he could best help Town

However I also don't know how to read Katsuki so I'm not sure how meaningful this is. I'm kinda hoping he just gets sorted out by roles
I'm a Teapot
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 668, The_Relentless wrote:I'm not confident on this read but Katsuki's vote on me after he said he hasn't been reading may be a towntell?

uh, bad sentence. I mean it may be a towntell now that he's said he isn't reading
I'm a Teapot
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

can you walk me through your read on Sky in more depth?

In post 603, The_Relentless wrote:I don't like Skypal continuing to treat my voteswitch from ED1 as a point despite a) it being explained in my posts, b) me asking him what the problem with it was since it didn't seem like he was actually reading my posts (he didn't respond), c) it not ever being explained how the switch back and forth is scummy

point a here is something that I think he's doing a lot of in general this game, btw. when I actually sit and read through his wall posts, I see a lot of commenting on stuff that's been explained already. is this normal for him (I remember him doing it a lot last game?
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 667, pieguyn wrote:Sky is almost impossible for me to read cos in the last UPick I thought most of what he said made no sense and then when he was scum most of what he said came off fairly reasonable.

I think Sky's recent push on me is different from a nonsensical town!Sky push, because it WOULD make sense if I had been doing what he's attacking for, but it isn't an honest representation of my actions. Like I said, I've given him several chances to be level with me but he's ignored them all, so I think he's selectively reading my posts so he can make a push.

Usually when Sky is town though he eventually has a huge argumentative wall of text that's kinda silly but clears up all doubt on his alignment so if I'm wrong that'll probably happen sooner or later. I wouldn't lynch him over Feysal
I'm a Teapot
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 670, pieguyn wrote:when I actually sit and read through his wall posts, I see a lot of commenting on stuff that's been explained already. is this normal for him (I remember him doing it a lot last game?

if it's normal for him it's not something that's stuck out to me about his play, but I should note I haven't played much on the site the cross-site people are from lately. my impression of town!Sky is that it takes a while to convince him he's wrong about something but he WILL actually argue with you about it.
I'm a Teapot
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I will highlight again that Relentlesses activity is *solely* focused around players who have voted for him, or complaining that other players who have 'done less' (eg chocolate, fey) aren't getting more votes.
This looks like scum MO to me, which is why I'm voting presently.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 672, The_Relentless wrote:if it's normal for him it's not something that's stuck out to me about his play, but I should note I haven't played much on the site the cross-site people are from lately. my impression of town!Sky is that it takes a while to convince him he's wrong about something but he WILL actually argue with you about it.

what are your thoughts on , if you've read it in-depth?

In post 439, Sky_Paladin wrote:Scrolling back up, there's no 'major reaction' from Sakura that I can see. Sakura has been approaching a few players at this point, while Pie has entirely focused on the players in his neighbourhood + Muffin. Pie then adds, "I thought 23 looked forced too, but that's splitting hairs and I wouldn't put any stock in it" but if you don't put any stock in it, don't mention it.

I take issue with this, in conjunction with the next point, more or less bc I think it should have been obvious what I was referring to when I said Sakura had a "major reaction". she had literally said things a la ("the only thing making me think pie could be town") and (which was pretty conclusive in terms of reads). moreover, several other people had pointed out what she did looked like an overreaction. that he would miss this comes off either disingenuous, which would fall in similar vein to what you're claiming about his push on you, or exceptionally tone-deaf, which I don't think is implausible.

the last sentence read more like a throwaway excuse than him actually believing what he was saying.

In post 439, Sky_Paladin wrote:105 - 111 is the bit that looked fabricated to me. I feel that Pie went straight to drama llama with his I'll-replace-out comment. On the re-read, Sakura looks better - she looks to me that she genuinely doesn't care what Pie thinks and notes that Pie cares a lot about what she thinks. Notice me sempai etc. I am happy with one part of Pie's #223 on Bork, but it came amidst pressure on Bork from Muffin and that diminishes it's value somewhat.

and this felt contradictory to the previous point. if someone claims someone is reacting strongly to something, and gets upset over it, the obvious conclusion is that they were upset because of how they reacted - he ignores this and doesn't take into account what I had previously said about Sakura's scum read on me in the game thread.

and the other reason I'm meh on this as an angle is - as I was hinting at - that I had already explained why I had reacted strongly to Shadoweh (what had happened the previous game between me and Sakura where we kept fighting with each other all game), and he didn't look like he was factoring this in anywhere.

I don't think there's any strategic value to pushing me-scum over Sakura-scum or both of us being town as scum, and looking at it again, I also think scum would be unlikely on a general level to have their first instinct be to call bullshit on the me/Sakura interactions; there is strategic value in pushing both as scum, but the bit about the neighborhoods showed enough depth of thought and was consistent enough that I didn't have a problem with it.

In post 589, Sky_Paladin wrote:So out of your list of four, I would list Relentless and Gaiden as my current preferred lynches for this phase. In regards to Pie/Sakuya/Notty I can't disagree they are creating content although the content value is ??? and it's difficult to say which, if any, is scum and needs to be shot. IMO Sakuya is the most town out of the three so therefore she must be scum, right? I feel like Pie is 'in charge' of the group and that Notty is a passenger. 'A passenger' is exactly the scum MO. That's the one I would lynch.

then in this post, he entirely dropped the read on me for unrelated reasons, despite his previous concerns with me not really being resolved - I didn't respond to them and I don't know what in my posts would have led him to otherwise rethink his approach to me here.

I take issue with his other reads-list posts in general for the same reason; I don't feel like there's much internal consistency from one reads list to the next. it reads to me like he's just pushing reads as he comes up with them, rather than sticking to them and only moving off given a good reason (which is what I remember him doing in the last UPick as town and what you seem to be agreeing with).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”