Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

oooo
is that another neighborhood i see?
would you mind if i add it to the queue of neighborhoods to join?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

What is preventing you from playing the game in the thread, anyway?
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:21 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

neighbourhoods are where all the cool kids hang

i can tell you were never popular in mafia school
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:22 am

Post by Kagami »

I'm not really sure that's reason to think choco is scum.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:22 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

muffin knows what's what
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Kagami »

re:sky_pal
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Kagami »

Is there a meta-reason to think scum-choco would believe he'd be able to be active, but then have a hard time doing so?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 702, zMuffinMan wrote:neighbourhoods are where all the cool kids hang

i can tell you were never popular in mafia school

;_;
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Kagami »

Of course he was popular in mafia school, did you not notice the slick shades?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:53 am

Post by notscience »

I don't play in thread because I worry about catching disease from the unwashed masses.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Katsuki »

Only time I ever drew a neighborhood in a FG game, I got LOLBOMBED 3 days into the game.

;_;
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:09 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 677, Sky_Paladin wrote:I'm also interested in seeing Muffins response to my prior questions.

what questions
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:38 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i am still content to lynch within the group of four players i listed before today

what sky said about chocola doesn't really affect my opinion of him all that much except that the fact he was somewhat active pre-game makes me question the lack of activity (and promises to catch up) even more

i didn't really like bork's recent catch-up, but i'm not sure how comfortable i'd be with lynching him D1. i suppose the biggest issues i have with him atm is that, even with the reads list he gave, i'm not really sure how he arrived at those reads and that i'm not really seeing any sort of game-solving so much as questions that feel rather shallow (or easy to ask). i also don't really like the whole "try it" thing with regards to noddy, mostly because with a 4x voter expressing willingness to vote him and noddy with his goon squad behind him, it wouldn't actually be all that difficult to make his lynch happen - that sort of grandstanding felt a bit like false bravado in an attempt to come off as sort of indifferent-antipathetic town or something

i still don't feel shadoweh has done anything remotely town and i think my biggest issue with her, apart from the fact that i don't really like how she's claiming she arrived at certain reads (or not explaining others), is that i keep reading her posts like she's trying to tailor them to expectations. like i don't really believe that the town reads she's expressed are ones that she arrived at naturally and i just think that the way she goes about expressing those reads looks more like scum trying to not so much white knight or buddy as simply not do anything really polarising while not making any enemies. it's like an aura of fabrication about all of her stances. *shrug*

as for gaiden, while i see him being willing to neighour with people who have a decent chunk of experience with him and could very well read him correctly, i think he's mostly doing this because if he's scum and he didn't, he'd be relatively screwed or because access to the neighbourhoods is probably just a good thing for scum to have anyway, to keep tabs on things. and i think my biggest beef with the way he's played the game so far is that he's not talking about things in a way i'd expect him to talk about things if he were town and instead is trying to come across like he's being helpful and considering and thinking about things etc but not actually doing so. so, for example, when gaiden made a string of posts about what a gladiator is, that looked more like a "hey look at me i'm trying to be thoughtful, guys!!" thing than gaiden thinking about the game from a town pov

*shrug*

i think basically everyone else in the game is town, with varying degrees of certainty and i don't really want to lynch there until i see how many i'm wrong or right about in the above group of four, really

barring something changing between now and whenever a lynch occurs, which seems unlikely

i would be perfectly fine with voting chocola today, if only because it's probably the easiest one to make actually happen. it's also the one i'd feel least guilty about if i'm wrong and while there aren't mounds of information to be gleaned from his flip, it would make me feel a lot better about certain players if he does flip scum
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:40 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

that said, a chocola town flip would be pretty turd, which is the only reason i'm a little hesitant
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:01 am

Post by notscience »

In post 712, zMuffinMan wrote:noddy with his goon squad behind him

I prefer happy happy funland compatriots
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 554, Kagami wrote:I like Thugkuddums so far.

What for? His activity may be understandable if he has been ill, but his accusations against Sakura Hana and Shadoweh for shutting down discussion were reaching at best. I also don't like how he completely ignored Sakura Hana claiming she would be confirmed tomorrow. I could imagine scum false claiming delayed innocent child, but Sakura Hana was not under that kind of pressure, and it would make no sense to lie today only to be caught tomorrow. I don't see Thug considering any of this.

In post 684, pieguyn wrote:I thought the only thing it would have really been reasonable to town read me for was my reaction to Sakura.

I also wondered what you meant, but I would not have guessed it was that. I thought your approach was strange, making a case only to immediately back off without pushing it. You don't give room to your scum reads, you give them rope, so I get why Sakura Hana considered it scumpainting. I find it weird how what you apparently considered your most town moment I found the most suspicious.

In post 480, borkjerfkin wrote:Bottom line: Explain why you're equivocating your personal "unwillingness to read pie via tone because of last game" to anything about me in
this
game in regard to the viability/believability of how I scumhunt/townhunt.

I had to check the meaning of equivocate from a dictionary, and I don't think it means what you think it does.

This argument has gotten ridiculous. I don't expect you to have an identical approach to mine, but I would expect it to make sense. I don't think it is reasonable to town read someone for behavior they were able to fake as scum, and being partners should have given you an excellent position from which to see her play.

VOTE: Bork

In post 692, Sky_Paladin wrote:I'm expecting, but don't know, Chocola to flip scum. I'm expecting, but don't know, Relentless to flip scum. But if I could get a flip on Relentless first it would help me to decide if I could trust my neighbour or not - and to submit night actions accordingly.

I am Ran and Chocola is Chen. It's bad for me when Chen dies :/

From your posts I gather that your reasons for suspecting Relentless are at least in part dependent on Chocola being scum, but Chocola is independently suspicious. Would it not make more sense to lynch Chocola first then? I get that you have reason to want your neighbor to live, but this seems backwards to me.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:10 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 715, Feysal wrote:This argument has gotten ridiculous. I don't expect you to have an identical approach to mine, but I would expect it to make sense. I don't think it is reasonable to town read someone for behavior they were able to fake as scum, and being partners should have given you an excellent position from which to see her play.

Why do you not think that is reasonable? Again, you're projecting
your
perceptions of people's play on
my
behavior. Why is it self evident that whatever behavior I'm talking about is easy to fake or whatever you're arguing? Go meta pie and show me that I'm just not only obviously wrong, but obviously wrong to a point that you don't think my argument is genuine or "doesn't make sense".

Also:
1) Define what is "able to be faked"? Maybe easier: define a behavior that is not able to be faked.
2) How do you attribute "likelihood of fakeability"

On the whole I think this is just a really dirty accusation and not one that I think pie even tried to argue for long.
Also I hate that you're not even considering I'm town that is, in your opinion, on the wrong track.

VOTE: feysal
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:18 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 712, zMuffinMan wrote:i suppose the biggest issues i have with him atm is that, even with the reads list he gave, i'm not really sure how he arrived at those reads and that i'm not really seeing any sort of game-solving so much as questions that feel rather shallow (or easy to ask).

seriously dude if you've got an issue with my reads then fucking ask for an explanation and you'll get one.

mostly because with a 4x voter expressing willingness to vote him and noddy with his goon squad behind him, it wouldn't actually be all that difficult to make his lynch happen - that sort of grandstanding felt a bit like false bravado in an attempt to come off as sort of indifferent-antipathetic town or something

No; ns hasn't attempted to engage with me or for a read on me the entire game, but yet is positioning himself to vote me after a bunch of other people said he did and that didn't only take me by surprise but it seems like a feeling out or blending in in tactic following others who said they'd vote me
Additionally, he immediately weakened that stance in when I posted
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:32 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 621, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 594, Kagami wrote:I also think that scum are generally going to have more daycards, but bork can probably only use one per Day phase, so idk.

Why did you townread me in

Kagami
beefycheese
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:41 am

Post by notscience »

In post 717, borkjerfkin wrote:Additionally, he immediately weakened that stance in 636 when I posted 625

Yeah, no.

You're attributing things to my posts I never said- First off, I said I could vote you, because guess what! I am willing to vote people I'm not townreading! That's not a new thing for me!

So, do tell.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Kagami »

@bork: Daycard speculation only separates out a subset of players that there is probably exactly one scum among, and I don't think it's worth talking about today.

As I said before, I assume you can only use one card per day which makes you different enough that it may be unimportant.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:46 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 719, notscience wrote:
In post 717, borkjerfkin wrote:Additionally, he immediately weakened that stance in 636 when I posted 625

Yeah, no.

You're attributing things to my posts I never said- First off, I said I could vote you, because guess what! I am willing to vote people I'm not townreading! That's not a new thing for me!

So, do tell.

There are a whole slew of people you're not townreading, yeah? What makes me special?
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:49 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 720, Kagami wrote:@bork: Daycard speculation only separates out a subset of players that there is probably exactly one scum among, and I don't think it's worth talking about today.

As I said before, I assume you can only use one card per day which makes you different enough that it may be unimportant.

We can circle back to this later, but I have no such restriction (and I don't know where you got that other than the high number of cards I have)
beefycheese
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:54 am

Post by notscience »

In post 721, borkjerfkin wrote:There are a whole slew of people you're not townreading, yeah? What makes me special?

You were the current topic of conversation.

I could go on and explain the merits of trying to consolidate a wagon, and if I was townreading you I probably would have said the opposite!

But saying I could vote you because you were A) the topic of conversation, B) someone I'm not townreading, and C) with a deadline impending shows very little in an attempt to actually read me and screams OMGUS. It's also probably why you targeted me out of everyone on the list, I have gone out of my way to be a nuisance thus far and if there's a read that people will identify with it's that one.

It's flimsy as fuck.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:57 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 723, notscience wrote:shows very little in an attempt to actually read me and screams OMGUS.

I've made attempts to engage with you and you've either ignored me or offered cryptic bullshit.
Did I say anywhere that I scumread you because you're voting me? No? then it's not an OMGUS.
Why the fuck should I be townreading you this game?

So why do you comment on me when I'm the topic of conversation and with me when I'm actually pushing you but ignore me the rest of the game?
beefycheese

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”