Blitz 5: Netherspite's Blitz SORM Mafia [Game Over]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Smithereens »

edit that last post I made: I meant to say it's unproductive when BoP is given to those who challenge a claim.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Smithereens »

Not much time left. I say we spare Aronis and lynch a 3rd party. Aronis has been making valid and thoughtful contributions to this game, he feels town to me and even if you think he is guilty you must admit that he has still been helpful. His utility is certainly higher than Fro99er.

VOTE: Fro99er
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Aronis is lynched already
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

VOTE: dwlee
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by Smithereens »

Actually whoever I challenged to defend their attack on Yreckt, I take it back. Just looked through his iso and no you weren't exaggerating.

UNVOTE: Fro99ger

VOTE: Yreckt

I feel comfortable with this pick. I also strongly believe Yreckt is a better choice than Fro99er who is a better choice than Aronis.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Smithereens »

oh rip. poor Aronis.

@Yakko, why dwlee?
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Zero contribution. Zero reads.
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

ok im home now im gonna read up and respond
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

In post 507, Hippy Love wrote:
In post 499, Professor Bozo wrote:honestly i have not played with mari much so i dunno much about himas a player if thats what your asking.

im sorry i dont mean to get pouty but its jsut... i m sorry mollie i
its jsut ~stuff~

well I have 1 or 2 completed marathon games with him and 1 completed game with him as a hydra so i don't have much experience with him either but I will tell you my assessment of him.

1)I think it sucks to be modconfirmed town and a lot of pple are going to be playing to him which will scumhunting a bit more difficult for im. so wat does e need? support. so what are mario's strengths? I have noticed that he has good towndar so he is some1 that I will be paying attention to as far as his townreads go. I think his weakest area is that I don't think he is super confident. he is still relatively new and is still finding his voice in games. he is pretty smart and he is definitely some1 that I wld trust in games as far competency goes.

2)how many times have we seen the IC left alive or endgamed? lots, lately. so mario needs a friend, some1 he can lean on in case he is left alive, so who wld be a good friend for mario to have? some1 strong and well grounded which makes me think of froggy but froggy is indie and mario more than likely needs a town friend in order to stay the course and sort the game out. so who else is there? I think yakko wld make a good friend.

3)so the criteria for mario's town friend is:

1. strong and supportive
2. lend him some confidence so that he can feel really good with a shitty role
3. likely to be around for awhile (that leaves me out)
4. open to working with him and listening to him.
5. has a sense of humour and will make it fun for him

4)and I do this with every player in the game. game management is about seeing the entire game as a whole. the beginning, the middle, the end. who is likely to die early? who will be able to work together? who has strong endgame skills? who has strong beginning of the game skills? who is likely to get apathetic midgame and fizzle out? who is likely to be endgamed?

5)this is what I mean by playing the tape all the way through. you lose a lot of dynamics when you massclaim on d1 and while it wld be wonderful if I trusted every single town player in this game the truth is that I do not trust pple to not get derpy and lose the game. and I personally like winning.

1) i see what you mean.*

2) just cus hes an indie shouldnt mean he cant be his freind, after all if forgger take on a town role (and it gets revealed FYI) then he would make a good canadite no?

3) why does 3 leave you out?

4) i understand*

5) oh..... im sorry, no i get what you mean by that mollie.*

*i would like to talk to you more indeph on those postgameish cus its something that i /want/ to understand but me disagreeing(?) or askign for a certain /way/ about it here is jsut throy talk right now and is better served antoher time
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

In post 510, Hippy Love wrote:
In post 509, Firebringer wrote:I must ignore all of Hippy posts.
They just infuriate me.

that is cos you are reading my posts through a filter. stop that!

who do you think will be left alive the longest? not me. you? not if you are good at this game. ika? probably, cos he fizzles out early and becomes apathetic.

its players like dweele. assume he is town. do you trust him with a town wc after saying that aronis's readslist is a good post? cos I don't.

mebbe you are just more optimistic than I am.

Fire thinks single mindely about all the ideals he has, i am currently trying to work with him to get used to the site meta here. we had a dicussion already after one of his former mini thmee games finsihed. i think over time fire will come to terms with it but for now i think its like talking with a brick wall (no offence fire but sometime you need to take a stepc back and realize that some people will ahev diffrent ideals)

In post 527, Smithereens wrote:'morning all.

@Hippy,
It really doesn't matter if you think mass claim is a bad idea at this point. The majority of players have already claimed so by leaving one or two individuals with room to move around with their claim only benefits the mafia. You've already told us you're opposed to mass claims, fair enough, but I expect you to align your behaviour with what would benefit town circumstantially and not on what you believe on principle. In this instance, you not claiming is information that the mafia can obtain via PoE and information that the town will never know. So it's really in our best interests to make you talk at this point.

On another note, this game is becoming like kingsmaker, where one guy is determining the lynch. I strongly disapprove, as Mario doesn't appear to be making much effort to utilise the reads and information of others. Ideally buddy you should be asking the most questions out of everyone here.. You're going to be a liability if you lynch three townies in rapid fire and then we lose two in the night thanks to all these killing roles.

VOTE: Hippy Love

Stagin how someone should be playing is really really stupid FYI. i mean i disagree with mollie on it in priciaple but tellin someone is wrong on how to do it w/o reason or evidence is jsust strawman. i mean saying "oh everyones doing it" is like saying "well you should jump off the bridge cus everyone else is" will you do that?

I mean i am with the mass claim but i know mollies side as well and knwoing her thought better now speificly to this game makes me understand why she so against it

In post 530, Smithereens wrote:
In post 529, Hippy Love wrote:
In post 527, Smithereens wrote:'morning all.

are even reading the game?

I claimed as much as is needed and I am telling you that either far or jeanne is lying and you come at me WITH THIS SHIT

@ jelly that is hippy's read I will let him answer it

You're clearly bringing your preconceptualised views on mass claiming into this game and letting it affect your behaviour. I don't recall any such claim from you that would lock you into a position, so you might as well not have claimed at all.

its not like we are doign the same thing?

In post 546, Ranger wrote:
Yakko wrote:Hippy love is asking you to show her what she isn't seeing/is missing.
And so am I.

My request should trump Hippy Love's, though, for one simple reason: there's more town in the game than scum; innocent until proven guilty applies. I say I don't see anything scum in Smithereen's posting;
that alone
would be enough. Given I see town in there, I stand by my statement.

uh no, that wrong. just stagin "oh i read someone town cus of their post" is very weak. i second mollie on this and tell me why its town. you trying to justify yourself like this is really sad and scummy

In post 547, Smithereens wrote:
In post 545, hi im Yakko wrote:Is smithereens dumb telling right now?

not at all, I want Hippy to adjust their language to suit someone unfamiliar with his processes without compromising on how I want to scum hunt.

or you could leant to adapt tot he playstyle they play on? i think that would give you more skills in long run then narrowing how you play
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

In post 550, Firebringer wrote:I could continue on the rant of why claiming is good, but it will fall on deaf ears, just like hippy love argument of why not claiming is good will just give me headache of trying to understand how thats a good idea.

Just keeping vote where it is.

In post 553, Firebringer wrote:The refusal of the claim, it really has as they pointed out has come to policy lynch. Which I hate to say, but their stubbornness has met mine, and I will not back down.

fire if you wont listen to reason then whats the poitn of trying to explain it?

In post 554, Hippy Love wrote:ugh.

fire.

you are not this bad. please. Fucking think. Youre so obviously town and yet you still arent thinking straight

he will be a stubbone mule hes like how i was who would not yeild, i think over time he will elarn

In post 556, Smithereens wrote:
In post 553, Firebringer wrote:The refusal of the claim, it really has as they pointed out has come to policy lynch. Which I hate to say, but their stubbornness has met mine, and I will not back down.

That's just stupid. Demonstrate that:
>An explicit claim would be the most favourable outcome for us.
>A policy lynch would get us what we want
>your motivation to force a claim despite a power soft claim is pro-town.

isnt that the same logic you are using?

In post 574, Smithereens wrote:
In post 564, hi im Yakko wrote:
In post 549, Smithereens wrote:
In post 543, hi im Yakko wrote:Ummm? This isn't who makes the best arguments which you would lose since you're not making any. Hippy love is asking you to show her what she isn't seeing/is missing. Asking why someone is scum after being asked why they are town is not productive if you simply plan to attack hippys arguments/thought process.

BoP is in the wrong position.

My post is meant to get ranger to talk. Sunce they have been holding their cards close to their chest from what I recall.

Fair enough.

Is that innocent until proven guilty approach? Why can't they have an equal burden? Of course how burden is measured is who has the most vs least brownie points imo. And a lot of peeps hace expressed interest in your lynch Smithereens.

It's extremely unproductive when BoP is given to whoever makes a claim. If I wanted to challenge someone's stance, it's much harder to do it if I have to produce reasons myself. Making others explain themselves and justify their assertion is as important as explaining your own points. I'm aware people think I'm a good lynch target. I disagree and I haven't really seen much reasoning behind those posts. Hence why it's best for me to call upon those throwing their votes around to expose their rationale.

so what happens when a persons rationel is super weak like guts or meta cus thats how I work very heavy. i mean ive played games where i got lynched of shit reason and was town, how do you quantify whats a "well this is town and this is scum"
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

VOTE: yrect
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by Ranger »

Fro99er wrote:Obvious from the start when she didn't want to claim.
And I keep on thinking that Hippy Love is trying to softclaim a government role in spite of them rather specifically denying that.

VOTE: Dwlee.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

The urge to purge Ranger is admittedly fairly tempting
but
VOTE: Yreckt
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Post by Ranger »

It's tempting to vote Yreckt, but I'm going to stick to my stronger reads.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

In post 587, Ranger wrote:
Fro99er wrote:Obvious from the start when she didn't want to claim.
And I keep on thinking that Hippy Love is trying to softclaim a government role in spite of them rather specifically denying that.

VOTE: Dwlee.

they arent

i know what catagory they are claiming now after re isoing them
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Ranger »

That's all I really need.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 584, Professor Bozo wrote:
Stagin how someone should be playing is really really stupid FYI. i mean i disagree with mollie on it in priciaple but tellin someone is wrong on how to do it w/o reason or evidence is jsust strawman. i mean saying "oh everyones doing it" is like saying "well you should jump off the bridge cus everyone else is" will you do that?
I mean i am with the mass claim but i know mollies side as well and knwoing her thought better now speificly to this game makes me understand why she so against it

feel free to read my post at your earliest convenience. I provided clear and thoughtful reasons that demonstrated my position, it would be more productive if you addressed them. However as you might've also noticed, this issue will need to be addressed another day. Either way, Hippy is going to have to claim. It's fine if it's another day as they are still the last person to claim regardless.

or you could leant to adapt tot he playstyle they play on? i think that would give you more skills in long run then narrowing how you play

I understand how to play, I'm now new. But I am new to this site, and it sounded as if Hippy was getting annoyed by something I was missing. So I guess it's something they should know. I don't plan on adapting my style because I like my style the way it is. But thank you for the thought.
Hippy Love
Hippy Love
Goon
Hippy Love
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by Hippy Love »

I'm fine w/ playstyle! I quite like your posts, actually. Apologies if it all seemed otherwise
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by Smithereens »

so what happens when a persons rationel is super weak like guts or meta cus thats how I work very heavy. i mean ive played games where i got lynched of shit reason and was town, how do you quantify whats a "well this is town and this is scum"

I might be misunderstanding you because your English is hard to follow, but this isn't really relevant to what I was saying about incorrect placements of BoP. It's also not even slightly representative of my beliefs. A claim raised without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. In relation to where this matter originated from, I don't need to disprove a claim that attacks me if there was no evidence behind it. Despite a bunch of people voting against me I haven't really addressed any points simply because I haven't seen anything substantive in the votes. I'm pretty sure it's largely because I was late to the party.

Anyhow, if you're going to attempt to quantify the town/scum dichotomy into two bowls of claims that can clearly be distinguished I think you're wasting your time. Some mafias can be town as fuck, so it really doesn't do you any good to make definitions which are not relevant to each situation.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 593, Hippy Love wrote:I'm fine w/ playstyle! I quite like your posts, actually. Apologies if it all seemed otherwise

water under le bridge.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

@mario do you have a reads list?
Yreckt
Yreckt
Townie
Yreckt
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Post by Yreckt »

VOTE: Dwlee99
Smithereens
Smithereens