MAFIACEPTION GAME OVER! Flawless Victory!

Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 698, Anatole Kuragin wrote:yeah there are like 900 people in this game, if I tried to give reads beyond "marquis and spiffeh are pushing awful cases" they would be pretty unsubstantial

How can you not have anything substantial at this stage of the game?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

nah you guys can just lynch me if me completely disproving every one of spiffeh's points isn't enough for you to stop and think "hmm, maybe we shouldn't lynch someone being pushed on a shit case by multiple people."

You seem completely content to ignore what I've done so far and imply that you're not satisfied with my level of contribution despite there being several players with <10 posts so I'm not going to waste anymore time ISOing in this game today than I already have.

P-edit: because my early reads are straight garbage, like most other players. I'm just less vocal about my shitty reads than most people
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

feel free to confirm that my early reads are bad in the games I give them, but I'm not gonna try to pitch self-meta bullshit to defend my playstyle to a bunch of amateurs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Gorkington »

ana wrote:if me completely disproving every one of spiffeh's points isn't enough
your iso is unconvincing of this.
use quotes.
argue better.
or dont and i can park.
;D

ana wrote:P-edit: because my early reads are straight garbage, like most other players. I'm just less vocal about my shitty reads than most people
so.
you have no confidence in your reads.
but youre trying to push spiff as scum.
smells like dissonance.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Gorkington »

also, if youre being serious right now, i think its pretty silly that youd decry your earlygame reads as bad while also saying that you refuse to actually read into players in the game with focus.
i would assume your reads would be terrible and awful if you didnt actually try to put effort into them.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Gorkington »

also if you make yourself seem town enough i might go for a lurker push.
so hey.
incentive.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Gorkington »

okay, i feel like im not being articulate enough.
yes, you did respond to spiff's points.
but you havent articulated why you think hes scum well at all.
saying "oh this person pushed me and then someone agreed with him, the person who agreed with him is scum" is just utterly unconvincing and feels like a throwaway easy comment. almost all of your points as to why people are scum are at this surface level of content.
"frogger is antitown"
"marquis is making bad pushes"
"spiff is sheeping marquis's bad push"
nothing in there is convincing of anything.
i cant say ive played with you before. but you give me the impression that youre capable of more than what youve given so far. so for you to be all "wah wah wah why is it all happening to me" just feels fake because you yourself have admitted your pushes earlygame are apparently bad. why would you be surprised at people calling you out on that?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:58 am

Post by Spiffeh »

You didn't disprove my points? Every post you make has reinforced them lol
In post 685, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I still think that was about as valid a reason as anyone was voting for at that point in the game. I think it looked manufactured and a weak appeal to anything but logic to try to self-meta himself out of a hole and look like a bullied victim or some shit.

Ok fine, and by this logic Marquis vote is about as valid a reason as anyone was voting for at that point in the game. Instead of responding to his reasoning, you acted like he never explained his vote to begin with. Why did you wait until now to explain why you think Marquis' vote was bad?
In post 685, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I was probably posting something pointless to avoid a prod tbh. I thought my original question was stupid when he replied.

No this was on the same day you had first posted in the thread.
In post 685, Anatole Kuragin wrote:That's because people like you and Marquis have called things I've done in the effort of trying to understand what the fuck you're talking about scummy. Marquis said "eww this post is gross af" with no explanation and fuckwads bought into it. That's frustrating so I was trying to figure out why that worked for next time I'm playing a shitposting scum and need an excuse to lynch someone.

Like I said, I wouldn't have a problem with this if you had followed up on the explanation I gave with something other than a naked vote, or did anything that resembled scum hunting outside of harping on us having no reason to suspect you, but you were only concerned with incorrectly discrediting the ones being vocal about scum reading you.
In post 685, Anatole Kuragin wrote:You bought into Marquis's stupid post and it wasn't even your idea. I have shitty ideas all the time and can't help it, but seeing a shitty idea someone else has and saying "whoa, this guy's got it figured out" is harder to believe. I think you looked at Marquis's post about me and said "this asshole will be easy to lynch."

Ok why didn't you say this before you were called out on it? I'd also like to point out how similar this is to Marquis' reason for voting you (hopping onto an easy stance). So apparently things you deem scummy are automatically "shit reasons" when applied to you?
In post 685, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Fro99er's posting style is BLATANLY anti-town because I know for a fact it makes it difficult for anyone with a low attention span to read it, as well as cluttering the thread and padding his ISO. It's also just very obnoxious.

And here you focus on like the most miniscule thing of the part you quoted instead of addressing what I was actually arguing.

No where in your response did you point out why you thought I was misrepresenting you. You merely stated that you disagreed with what I said. Luckily you're not who I need to convince to lynch you.

So no you did not even come close to dismantling my argument but good effort!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

That's my last quote wall today.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Marquis »

UNVOTE:
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by Marquis »

i'm just going to focus on cementing townreads for a few days. none of my earlier scumteam reads are anywhere near as strong, except for titus. i'm going back to basics because that's worked better for me as of late.
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Marquis »

unvote: anatole*

to clarify for context.
link in bio
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Ranger »

{Fro99er, ChaosOmega, Bulbazak, Tammy}
{Marquis}
{farside22, Peptobislawl, Titus, PeregrineV, Spiffeh}
{Porochaz, Gorkington, Albert B. Rampage, Katsuki}
{ZZZX}
{Anatole Kuragin, Dongempire}
{Drixx, Ricastle, MarioManiac4}

I'm sure you'll have questions; ask away.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Why is Marquis in a lower tier? And while you're at it, can you give an explanation as to what each tier is? Top town and scum I get. It's the ones in between that I'm confused about, because I don't know what they mean in terms of strength and null.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Titus »

Spoiler: For Bulba
In post 692, Bulbazak wrote:Going to do this here instead of post game. Titus, I think it's time for you to consider scuttling your approach to Mafia. It's not working. Miss logic you are not, and while you may be better late game, most of the time it's just you doing the exact opposite of what you proclaim you're good at. The logic approach is not working. Adapt and try something different. (And I'm not talking out my anus here. Look at my early games and compare my approach then to my approach now. I feel that overall my town game has improved.)

I am going to answer this with a series of quotes to highlight the basic intellectual problem with this.

In post 245, Gorkington wrote:
vote: titus

i dont feel like waiting this game.
her vote on bulba has no energy.
shes asking other people to explain scumreads so she can have an excuse to get off.
shes messing around and appeasing where she would be trying harder as town.
easy scumlynch.

In post 249, Marquis wrote:
In post 245, Gorkington wrote:shes messing around and appeasing where she would be trying harder as town.

^^^^THIS^^^^^ as fuck

i wanted to hold this back like i did with frogger to see if she grew anything town out of blunt no-detail suspicion but my major major major problem with titus this game is that she's all of that and "lols" and GIVING IN and and what the fuck there's no excuse for it, there's no playstyle shift that explains this because this is what she fucking does as scum.

VOTE: titus

i agree, easy scum lynch. but i actually don't want day 1 to end yet ???is that crazy??? but i have so much more i think i could get to when there's a great basically-guaranteed scum lynch on a platter and so much i could get around to when there's like something at center i can return to with a titus lynch.

In post 280, Titus wrote:
In post 279, Spiffeh wrote:Wow Titus all of my town points j apparently earned have completely evaporated ever since I voted for you that is not at all suspicious.

You're probably still town. I'm in game proxying my vote to ABR to read him better. Telling him he's dumber than he's capable of isn't effective at reading him, same with blanket resets, so I'm down with this to try to avoid drama that repeats.

Let's see who is right.

Each time I do something different, I catch heat for it. The reason; it's not the same Titus. It's like Charlie Brown and the football. Go ahead Titus, we want you to be different. Vote Titus because she's different. It's like a recurring trap.

Day 1 is the hardest day for any player based in logic. There's not much here. I am adapting, as both alignments. Tomorrow IRL, I should have a readwall today. By the end of game day tomorrow, I will have proof of my improvement.

You should realize that I am improving in one major way.

It took everything I had not to snap at you for saying I am not a logical player or implying it. I am. There's just little logic day 1. That's why I am shifting to town blocking.

Now to catch up.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 96, Ricastle wrote:
In post 67, Fro99er wrote:- Ricastle...what? Why did you bother to check in to say you have no idea, oh wait yes you do, but you're not gonna make anything of it? What's the point in checking in if you're not even going to post anything worthwhile?
Because experiencing my presence first-hand is one of the most crucial elements to the early game. It's like praying to God, except if he did it for you.

Now, onto business.

VOTE: Bulbazak

Drixx is definitely scum, yet you've given no regard toward him since your opening statement. Also, that's way more townreads than I'm comfortable seeing from a player at this stage of the game. Seems like you're just spurting shit for the sake of getting solid reads as soon as possible.

In post 141, Ricastle wrote:
In post 124, Marquis wrote:ric that's mean. :( if you're town i'll tell you right now that you should try to avoid what went on in my last double day mini for both of our sakes

i also realize i didn't address bulba being town -

i don't see the contradictions between his read strengths and votes as some sort of contrived scum disconnect, but rather fluctuation as he's going on thinking/posting. experienced scum posts and read positions are carefully crafted, including the strength of those commitments, and no matter how tired he is a scum!bulba's not some random novice at it.

basically: one, i find it hard to believe a scum!bulba would leave that open for attack with the naked vote change. and two, his responses to posts directed at him were more easy and natural than not. he's speaking, not crafting. call his mario vote change bad in theory, but it's a town direct response to vote my townread there and not care about the consequences.
Well, my counterargument to this should be short.

I don't have one.

VOTE: Drixx

Not feeling Anatole honestly. I can imagine town me starting off in a similar fashion, and I think his point is decent although I do disagree with his conclusion. I'd rather use my vote to make the above guy do something rn.

Pedit: You're going to have to explain that one, Titus.

In post 275, Ricastle wrote:VOTE: Titus

In post 622, Ricastle wrote:I didn't like that response when I first read it, but that ^ made up my mind.

VOTE: Porochaz

In post 684, Ricastle wrote:VOTE: Anatole

Wow, Mr. Consensus is here. Got any unique thoughts?

Totally down for wagoning this.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Ranger »

Bulbazak wrote:Why is Marquis in a lower tier?
Geez, it's just one tier. :P The top-tier is people I have unwavering faith in being town. Marquis is close, but I hold minor reservations.

And while you're at it, can you give an explanation as to what each tier is?
They don't really have a defined meaning. I could theoretically have 20 tiers in play, I could theoretically only have two. The list is mostly a "by feel" thing. You can generally get a sense for what the reads mean by seeing my posts about a player in a tier, and relating it to the others in the tier and the tiers above/below.

The closest I have to null is ZZZX, who is a bit above null if I had to say.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 240, ZZZX wrote:Kinda forgot that started. I will check it when im home

In post 386, ZZZX wrote:I'll try to end reading this today. I will try to avoid spam posting and make one big catch up post (or two)

In post 686, ZZZX wrote:50% through but was sick for the last two days.

Either tomorrow or after tomorrow if I don't recover that fast

How is
this
above null? If he's town, I'd suspect scum would be crawling all over him.

That's no way above null.

Either a) ZZZX is scum and scum are avoiding talking about his perpetual promises to catch up.
B) ZZZX is town and scum are avoiding pushing him because me poro drixx bulbs Anatole are all town/not threatened by the wagons.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 715, Titus wrote:Wow, Mr. Consensus is here. Got any unique thoughts?

Totally down for wagoning this.
Am I supposed to? Is it compulsory?

I'll be honest, I'm not enjoying this game. There's too much meta talk I don't know about and other than that there is very little discussion of interest going on, let alone points that haven't already been covered. I've been holding off getting a readslist done so I'll be sure to do that later, but that's the best you'll get from me rn.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Post by Katsuki »

HAI TAMMY
I WOULD LIKE SOME WINE YES

WHY YOU THINK ITLL GO INNER=>MID=>OUTER? GOING BY THE MOVIE, WOULDNT IT BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND?

AS FOR TITUS I HAVE A DAYCOP GUILTY
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Morning.
Chaos gets a cookie for giving me a smile this morning.
The points against poro from the start had me smiling.

I instantly wish to vote ric for sheeping the read from chaos.
I need to work on that reaction.

Still not a fan of Pere so far.
His points are something I don't see Pere town making (yea it's a meta thing)

And my brain has turned off.
I'll be back later to finish
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:24 am

Post by Marquis »

ranger is town

town in order of who comes to mind first: marquis, frogger, bulba, ranger, probably gork, maybe mario, maybe anatole. wanted to include tammy in that list so badly but nowhere close yet.

more to come eventually. busy few days
link in bio
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 1.8

MarioManiac4 5 (Ranger, Bulbazak, Dongempire, Albert B. Rampage, Peptobislawl)
Anatole Kuragin 4 (Spiffeh, Titus, Ricastle, Gorkington)
Titus 2 (Katsuki, Porochaz)
Porochaz 2 (ChaosOmega, Fro99er)
Peptobislawl 2 (MarioManiac4, PeregrineV)
Spiffeh 1 (Anatole Kuragin)
PeregrineV 1 (farside22)

Dongempire is on V/LA through Saturday
Dongempire's vote has been proxied to Fro99er

With 21 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.
Deadline is November 22, 2:00pm EST
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:39 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't feel like reading.
Anyone want to tell me what I'm missing so far?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Still think Mario and Pere are scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”