Blitz 6: Normal! [Game Over]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 124, Aquanim wrote:
In post 122, hi im Yakko wrote:
What didn't you like about it? And my 3 posts that you say indicate my mood leading up to post above. The only thing I am sorry about is potentially derailing the thread. I still stand by everything in post 112.

To me you are making it sound like soren said X then I said w x y and suddenly said z. Reality begs to differ. Which makes me think you're full shit for not voting me.

A few factors made me wonder whether that anger was genuine. Mostly those points - the insult directed at TheLhix seemed way out of proportion and it's not like Soren just said something to you that moment which caused you to flip out.

If I knew you were posing I'd vote you. Since I didn't know either way I gave you a poke. It suffices to say that I'm still not really interested in voting you.

What? Way out of proportion? (Culture clash) I guess dawg. It was still on my mind on how Soren could be so dumb. Ehh I'll believe you I guess.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Aquanim »

The above about itlepip aside, I'm seeing much more throwing suspicion than looking for information in his posts so far (see #57 and #69 in particular).

Also this post:
In post 84, itlepip wrote:
In post 70, farside22 wrote:
In post 57, itlepip wrote:Saying that your play was what you thought was normal and therefore not suspicious I find very suspicious.

This doesn't come off as a joke first off.
Second it really reads awkward as far as comment go.

Are you saying that once someone makes a post that isn't a joke they are banned from RVS and can no longer make joke posts?
Also since when is being awkward scummy?

reads as pretty defensive and concerned for somebody who keeps saying they are not worried by a 2-vote wagon.

UNVOTE: Soren
VOTE: itlepip
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by itlepip »

eh, I did some Yakko meta stuff. His scum game seems to be mostly lurking, so he gets some little town points for actually posting. I couldn't find any time where he randomly got really pissed at people early, so I think that is either a gimmick or whatever, but NAI.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

This is a blitz game...but sure thanks for brownie points.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 127, itlepip wrote:eh, I did some Yakko meta stuff. His scum game seems to be mostly lurking, so he gets some little town points for actually posting. I couldn't find any time where he randomly got really pissed at people early, so I think that is either a gimmick or whatever, but NAI.

you going to answer my question?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 129, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 127, itlepip wrote:eh, I did some Yakko meta stuff. His scum game seems to be mostly lurking, so he gets some little town points for actually posting. I couldn't find any time where he randomly got really pissed at people early, so I think that is either a gimmick or whatever, but NAI.

I thought I did, I thought that saying that she hates me is something that she probably wouldn't do there as scum.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 130, itlepip wrote:

I thought I did, I thought that saying that she hates me is something that she probably wouldn't do there as scum.

why
last.fm
gtkas
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 131, Nosferatu wrote:

why

gut
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 132, itlepip wrote:

why

gut

you're townreading her for doing something she wouldn't do as scum but in the end it all comes down to gut? Why even give a reason at all? Why not just outright say it was a gut read?
last.fm
gtkas
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 133, Nosferatu wrote:

why

gut

you're townreading her for doing something she wouldn't do as scum but in the end it all comes down to gut? Why even give a reason at all? Why not just outright say it was a gut read?

99% of reads come from gut. All AtE reads are gut based, so you saying that my read was actually just a gut read is meaningless.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 134, itlepip wrote:
In post 133, Nosferatu wrote:

why

gut

99% of reads come from gut. All AtE reads are gut based, so you saying that my read was actually just a gut read is meaningless.

if 99% of reads came from the gut, scum would win 99% of games. You also don't know what AtE means, because I will tell you right now, AtE reads is not a thing. Appeal to Emotions read literally make no sense. I'll assume you mean townreading based on an AtE post, and tell you that AtE posts don't change your gut, they addle with your sense of reason by bringing your feelings into the mix. That is not gut. Gut is legit looking at something and without thinking just going, 'yup that's town'.

I'm going to go ahead and ask again because you ignored the question, why did you give a reason that wasn't real?
last.fm
gtkas
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by itlepip »

What are you talking about, there is no empirical evidence in the game right now, everything is subjective, anyone that says that they have a read that is objective at this point in the game is lying and should be lynched, I have no idea what you are doing but I'm getting pretty to dropping a vote on you for playing this dumb semantics game, gah this game is getting annoying.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 136, itlepip wrote:What are you talking about, there is no empirical evidence in the game right now, everything is subjective, anyone that says that they have a read that is objective at this point in the game is lying and should be lynched, I have no idea what you are doing but I'm getting pretty to dropping a vote on you for playing this dumb semantics game, gah this game is getting annoying.

not saying reads that aren't gut are objective, they are formed with reason, which gut lacks. Now how long are you going to avoid the fucking question? :lol:
last.fm
gtkas
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 137, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 136, itlepip wrote:What are you talking about, there is no empirical evidence in the game right now, everything is subjective, anyone that says that they have a read that is objective at this point in the game is lying and should be lynched, I have no idea what you are doing but I'm getting pretty to dropping a vote on you for playing this dumb semantics game, gah this game is getting annoying.

not saying reads that aren't gut are objective, they are formed with reason, which gut lacks. Now how long are you going to avoid the fucking question? :lol:

Okay, sure wtf it was a gut read, I really don't care any more.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

mfw not what I asked
last.fm
gtkas
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Nice face. Are you going anywhere with that (exchange with itlepip) Nosferatu?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 140, hi im Yakko wrote:Nice face. Are you going anywhere with that (exchange with itlepip) Nosferatu?

I was probably going to vote him because he lied about why he read farside as town. But I wanted him to say it~
last.fm
gtkas
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 141, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 140, hi im Yakko wrote:Nice face. Are you going anywhere with that (exchange with itlepip) Nosferatu?

I was probably going to vote him because he lied about why he read farside as town. But I wanted him to say it~

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Also going back to that thing, based on the stats, the majority of d1 lynches are marginally better than a random lynch. So this whole 'your read is crap because it is gut, if everyone else only had gut reads scum would always win' is complete horse since nearly all early reads are crap.

VOTE: Nosferatu
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I think the point here is that there is a difference between a "subjective" read and a "gut" read. At least, in the common usage of those two concepts.
TheLhix
TheLhix
Goon
TheLhix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by TheLhix »

*continues to look into the distance waiting for a direct answer from yakko*
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 144, TheLhix wrote:*continues to look into the distance waiting for a direct answer from yakko*

In the meantime, do you have an opinion on this interaction between Nosferatu and itlepip? Or itlepip in general?
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

It read to me as itlepip has no clue what Nos is talking about.
TheLhix
TheLhix
Goon
TheLhix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by TheLhix »

In post 145, Aquanim wrote:
In post 144, TheLhix wrote:*continues to look into the distance waiting for a direct answer from yakko*

In the meantime, do you have an opinion on this interaction between Nosferatu and itlepip? Or itlepip in general?

I honestly think its too subjective and gut-based to say anything for sure. As I have been looking at the text its just a very small clash on what seems to be minuscule pressure. I think I am going to bide my time before casting a vote, though the pressure of itlepip has lasted longer than a lot of engagement already, I question if it will dissipate or not. My read is null atm
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 142, itlepip wrote:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Also going back to that thing, based on the stats, the majority of d1 lynches are marginally better than a random lynch. So this whole 'your read is crap because it is gut, if everyone else only had gut reads scum would always win' is complete horse since nearly all early reads are crap.

my god you savage, can you comprehend human language? I literally said nothing about the quality of your read. I honestly have no idea what you're prattling on about, but for god's sake, how hard is it to answer a god damned question?

not sure if you're stupid town not paying attention or stupid scum avoiding an incriminating answer tbh
last.fm
gtkas
TheLhix
TheLhix
Goon
TheLhix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by TheLhix »

In post 148, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 142, itlepip wrote:

my god you savage, can you comprehend human language? I literally said nothing about the quality of your read. I honestly have no idea what you're prattling on about, but for god's sake, how hard is it to answer a god damned question?

not sure if you're stupid town not paying attention or stupid scum avoiding an incriminating answer tbh

Hate to be an ass, but isnt either or a hindrance on the winning side? Given that it is first day and little normally comes from its lynch 9/10 (beneficial), wouldn't this read be a clear indication of either cleaning up clutter or taking down scum? Otherwise, it may still be null. What are your thoughts?

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”