gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by gummmybear »

Bah I'm dead. Sorry Scorpius and Aristophanes, you were both victims of deadlines and circumstance and RL.

I'm pretty sure Spiffeh is scum, though I'm not sure if this is too scummy to be scum. Probably need to look at how the other players approach Spiffeh to determine if he's scum or he's being set up for a mislynch today. BC, Bella, maybe Bastion/dwlee are also my suspects.

Anyone care to venture a guess at my mason buddy? I actually left a crumb but I think it's really subtle and hard to pick up.

I really hope the vote thief hit scum today, if not it's gonna be awfully difficult for town to get scum lynched if there's 5 town votes and 3 scum votes in play only. If there's 3 scum, it's also LyLo I think? I'm not really good at calculating that. Or maybe LyLo if vote thief hits the wrong target tonight?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Well, there's 9 alive so if there's a mislynch today and a scum kill gets through it becomes lylo tomorrow with 7 alive and 3 scum. So basically town can afford one more mislynch but that would totally suck if town can't lynch scum today. With one less vote in play, if starbucks is town, then every remaining town player has to agree to a lynch to get the 5 votes.

I haven't been reading too closely but I'll look for your crumb.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 25, gummmybear wrote:
Anyone care to venture a guess at my mason buddy?

Tony Montana
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by gummmybear »

Realised the Mason buddy thing should probably have been done in spoiler tags so as not to spoil the rest of the dead people. Oh well!

Spoiler: maybe we should continue further discussion via PM or in spoiler tags
Yup, you're right! Did you find the crumb? Or was it because of my interactions? And how easy was the crumb to catch? I hope I haven't doomed Tony to be the next nightkill. And the spoiler clue's just a distraction so people aren't clued in that you're right if you stop guessing.

I forgot ErrantParabola existed again. And I'm really horrible with my reads apparently, I can't seem to get any townreads right now. At least I'm good at obvtowning!
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Spoiler:
Well, once you told me you were a mason it was easy. MS kept calling you obvtown for one and then you kept talking about how you hated the MS/Tony wagon.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:51 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1375, BeardedCat wrote:Well it was more BBT's read than mine (my read on you yesterDay was a very long winded "") but whatever.

I'm done with subtlety especially since you're going back to . Why would scum shoot us when you crumbed that you were protecting us? Why did you after you ? Why didn't scum shoot you when you ? Is it because you're scum? You practically said that you were protecting us and now you're attacking us for not dying.

It looked like you were setting up a doc-or-jailkeeper claim which is the easiest fake claim for scum, but now you've gone back to not caring whether you're lynched (which is a VT only mindset) and I think the two in combination means that you're scum abandoning a fakeclaim, not town who can't remember whether they're a PR or VT from one post to the next.

That said, I'm not in a hurry, we have another 9 days to discuss this.

--P

I completely agree with this and think Spiffeh is scum.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:17 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1380, Spiffeh wrote:But you said "you VT slipped".

Your post does not explain how that DOESN'T imply you know I'm town.

VOTE: BeardedCat

I'm also starting to think all your gigantic read posts of each player was just noise to make you seem contributional, especially since you are just discarding all of it today.

But w/e

Oh, but this is really good and I'd be happy if BC was scum because my interaction with BBT didn't feel right to me.
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by gummmybear »

It could be a huge smokescreen bus fight. I know if I was scumBC in this position, with how he played yesterday, one possible option would be to bus Spiffeh hard for towncred, especially if they've picked up my buddy already. And with the amount of effort PlotBC put in yesterday, most people are townreading the slot and they might believe that that towncred can coast them all the way to LyLo.

Spoiler: don't read this if you don't want spoilers from mason thread
Sad news for them if they are scum - my mason buddy and I are both extremely suspicious of BC still, in fact my partner's even more suspicious than I am and I'd actually thought them town for yesterday but the points my buddy made changed my mind.

The sad news for us is that BC if scum may have figured it out and will shoot my mason buddy tonight - this may be why they are aggressively pushing Spiffeh too - if Spiff gets lynched and my fellow mason is killed tonight, there might not be anyone else who will pick up on BC. This might be a case where lynching the obvscum is dangerous. Then again, it may be the only good play for town, especially if the vote thief is scum - which it very well may be if there's not many PRs in this game - TownFlavorCop + Town Masons vs Scum Vote Thief seems reasonable to me, but I'm not very good or experienced at setup speculation.

If the vote thief is scum that may explain why the vote thief is on Starbuck - Starbuck is a great danger if she ever catches up to the current Day as she is revisiting old things and bringing up old points buried in Day 1. Her catchup till page 36, if town, is really deadly to scum. Either her or my mason buddy is probably the next NK, and sadly, if vote thief is scum they can essentially NK one and thief the other the next day, effectively neutering strong townies and possibly endgaming town if we mislynch today as 3 town votes go out of play. That's perhaps why lynching Spiffeh is the best play and it sadly may be a setup from scum side to bus a goon and keep their vote thief in play.

I'm crossing my fingers that the vote thief is town and just doesn't know what they are doing. This would probably mean scum has some other strong power role though to balance things out, like governor (possible with the amount of corrupt politicians and leaders to draw from in history) and may just mean that we are quite dead anyway.

My current scumteam guess is Spiffeh + BC + dwlee/Bastion, can't really decide on the last two. dwlee is suspect for following KT on and displaying much greater depth of play end of Day 1 and end of Day 2, plus mostly his interactions with Spiffeh. I'm undecided on if it's more of Spiffeh/dwlee, and dwlee is the real scum sheeping onto KT day 1 and then Spiffeh Day 2.

Another possible composition without BC would be Spiffeh + Bella + pignash/dwlee/Bastion. Without Spiffeh, BC + Bella + dwlee/Bastion. Wow I have a lot of scumreads.

Extreme paranoia scumteam: ErrantParabola + pignash + Starbuck maybe with a side of BC that could replace pig or Starbuck.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I think Starbuck is town. I'm going with that for now. Pignash seems like he may be town. Tony is town. Errant never seemed all that scummy to me in game. One or both of BC/Spiffeh is scum. Either of those two would of killed us N1. Bella I'm not sure of-sometimes she looks scum and sometimes not. Dwlee-same thing, not sure. Bastion could be scum due to his activity levels. Then again, Pignash replaced KT and KT was protected by Spiffeh. hmmmmm

Yeah, Starbuck's catch up is very deadly to scum and I think the vote theif is scum due to targeting her and BC if BC is town. I was mostly townreading BC except for the weird interaction with us.

So yeah, lots of scumreads for sure.
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by gummmybear »

I'm undecided on whether the vote thief being scum makes BC town. It may be a very good scum gambit to vote thief one of their strong players Night 1 to gain towncred and possibly explain why the player still remains alive. Scum's strength on the first few days lies less in their vote and more in their persuasive powers and ability to influence the town.

And that gambit would pay off well if BC is scum - they can shoot one of my mason partner or Starbuck tonight and vote thief the other, and BC can slip by. If the vote thief gets lynched, even better, BC will get loads of towncred as the votethief is confirmed scum (and this throws shade onto Bella also for suggesting the vote thief may be town). Don't know if I'm being too tinfoilhat though.

I have a feeling that Spiffeh is the vote thief and is scum as well. This may mean that everything is playing to scum's tune now, especially if the scumteam is Spiffeh + BC + dwlee/Pig/Bastion, because of what I outlined earlier - a scum vote thief flip makes BC look townie for having their vote stolen. And if Spiffeh is non votethief, then bussing spiffeh leaves the vote thief alive to threaten town another day. Wow things look bad for us haha.

Agree that EP wasn't really scummy, just feels really new-ish and not very confident/active (I still think it's the profile picture that's making me feel scumvibes - that handlebar moustache!!). Just paranoid because I keep forgetting she exists in the game.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:57 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Yeah, if BC is scum, we are screwed. Taking us out was something either BC or Spiffeh would benefit from greatly. Titus told me in our hydra chat that if BC was scum that BBT would step back and let Plot obvtown the spot instead of confronting me the way he did. Well, look at D2. That's exactly what happened.

I still think Spiffeh is scum though. I've played with town Spiffeh before and this isn't it.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

So many walls for a dead thread :s

I was just gonna say that this:
In post 1389, Spiffeh wrote:Also no I did not think Dwlee had a guilty.

Don't you dare act like Aristophanes was not the scummiest scumfuck in the world for the entire game until he claimed. Anyone who does is an automatic scum read
made me laugh quite a lot!
Is inactivity really that scummy? I mean, I know it's not protown and I'm not proud of it, but I have been far scummier in the past. Nice try though, Spiff.

Also, for someone who was quite inactive, I'm glad to see I was still here enough for town to scum hunt off of my wagon and not just write it off as a lurker lynch.

Also, I agree with Spiffeh scum. Should have stayed on that a little harder.
Ah well, love and learn!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:14 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I'm not seeing you as that scummy but what Spiffeh said there is something I'd say as scum and have before to defend a mislynch.

He's very scummy. Like, if he's town, then idk what to think of this game.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:26 am

Post by pignash »

Welp. Here I am folks. Anyone want spoiled?
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:27 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 33, SilverWolf wrote: Then again, Pignash replaced KT and KT was protected by Spiffeh. hmmmmm

Knowing what we now know, they should lynch Spiffeh today.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 38, pignash wrote:Welp. Here I am folks. Anyone want spoiled?

Put it in a spoiler tag and say it's spoilers in case no one else does but I have no objections to you posting them.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:53 am

Post by pignash »

Scumteam

BeardedCat - Mary Tudor - mafia goon
ErrantParabola - King John - mafia limited silencer (vote steal only on nights 1-2)

Thoughts

BC is pretty sure Tony is the Mason, not sure if she saw the crumb or just figured because of your consistent town reads of each other. Spiffeh was the obv target today for mislynch but that might get fucked because of me flipping scum and that being my only substantial reads. Probably confirms bastion too at this point. Was going to work on a BC case but thought I had more time.

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Spoiler:
Well, damn, I was onto BC, had votes on them, had a case on them, and then my hydra partner talked me out of it but yeah, they would take us out for sure after our argument with each other. But Titus was dead on correct that BBT would sit back and let Plot obvtown the slot. Ugh, they may win this. No one really suspects them except for the dead. Sorry Spiffeh for thinking you were scum. My bad. Errant surprised me as well. He's utr but I didn't think all that scummy. I'm not so sure BC will ever be lynched. They'll lynch Spiffeh and then who knows. I'm glad the vote theif only is 2 shot but targeting BC was a brilliant move as it just makes them look town. Gonna have to have a chat with Plot about that AtE though. LOL
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:11 am

Post by pignash »

How do you think I played? I am not good at scumhunting in the way people like on this site soon feel like I am always a lynch target. Trying to get better. I am more reactive to what's going on normally but that just reads as lurking or active lurking here.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I think you did fine. You didn't really look scummy.

Spoiler:
Your cases on Bastion and Spiffeh are probably gonna make them look town though.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:18 am

Post by pignash »

Spoiler:
That's why I feel bad about how I played. If I could have thrown more shade on other players and included my partner(s) I would feel better about how I played. Can't have foreseen getting mod killed. Wonder what happened.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Spoiler:
I fucking knew the KT/Dwlee shit was TvS!
Should have delved into that more!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by gummmybear »

Pig, you played well. I had some pings about your behaviour end of Day 2 but was too busy being paranoid about too many people to follow up, you were in the back of my mind. You played low key and townie enough to slip past, with Spiffeh obvscumming and everyone in general either apathetic or focused on others.

Haven't read spoilers but Spiffeh + BC look to be the last two scum to me. Maybe swap out one of them Bastion or dwlee. I'm abit undecided on dwlee not being scum, but I think Day 1 he may have been trolling around.

Spiffeh has a huge associative tell with KT, and BC and Spiffeh's conconciliatory talk after the mod kill seems a bit weird to me. Like snazzled scum who should have had the game in the bag but suffered both an unexpected partner loss and a "nightkill" on a player who was prob not a top priority kill compared to Starbuck and my mason partner.
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by gummmybear »

*conciliatory talk. Gah phoneposts. Let's see how long I can resist reading spoilers.
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by gummmybear »

Oh another point to you pignash that you did pretty well replacing into a game with a 40+ page day 1. I only kept up with Day 1 thanks to being personally involved or behind-the-scenes involved through plans and discussions with my mason buddy throughout the day.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”