Micro 551 — Vanilla-Free Greatest Idea Mafia — Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

That post was 1 fucking minute after the flip. Even I wasn't here that fast.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Bowser »

DAY 1. VOTECOUNT 08.

(0)
Hinduragi

(0)
Chaotic Neutrality

(2)
Soren
Hinduragi, EspeciallyTheLies
(L-2)

(0)
Vedith

(0)
Suzune

(0)
EspeciallyTheLies

(0)
Lucky2u

(5)
Not Voting
Chaotic Neutrality, Soren, Vedith, Suzune, Lucky2u

With
7 alive
, it takes
4 votes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2015-12-04 15:30:52)
(Fri Dec 4 @ 3:30:00 PM EST).

NOTES.

If this is wrong, let me know.
Vedith is
V/LA
until Wednesday night.
Last edited by Marquis on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Suzune »

Okay, so this was a lot more work then I originally intended.
While I was doing this other action occurred. This has been edited to clear out new things. Seriously though two townies…

Hinduragi- probably town

-Starts the game using math in order to find out who should be most likely to die because of the odds of drawing x number of townie cards. this is an interesting plan, however, I believe it assumes a deck of vanilla making those odds. Regardless, this is nice and logical.+
-It is interesting that after mentioning the day vig in 58 that we got a claim soon after. Just saying, interesting twist.
-
In post 112, Hinduragi wrote:
In post 111, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Are we really just setup speculating? There's a wagon on Vedith already and scum is almost guaranteed to be on it.

Noone's setup speculating. Who do you think is scum?
Well technically you were speculating numbers.
-
In post 123, Hinduragi wrote:Uhhh, vedith's flip would be most helpful but I'm not confident about any reads right now, man. You should've saved that shit for later LOL. Do you have infinite shots?
What is there to gain from it so early in the phase?

• Chaotic Neutrality- Null

- Has not really said much other then he would be interested in a policy lynch and that he wanted someone to shoot and get it over it…

• Soren- Scum Lean

- Spends early game discussing numbers and math.
- Questions the policy lynch +
-
In post 240, Soren wrote:My turn.
- Kill: aphix
Why? Everyone feels the need to jump the gun… I mean seriously this is kind of scummy. We could have drawn information from that first kill now we have sacrificed another town and all you have to say is well town’s in a bad spot. I mean yes, but it could have been in a better shot had you not instantly shot.

• Vedith-

- Is apparently everyone’s favourite day one lynch
- Also has almost nothing to read. I get the feeling he is probably town though, but it would be gut alone

• EspeciallyTheLies- Scum lean

- The dayvig of unknown alignment.
- I have already pushed with him quite a bit and question the play and the towniness of it and the motivation behind it. While he performed the dayvig off of someone else’s suggestion that just moves blame. It suggests that well someone else told me therefore it is not my fault and allows for scum to paint someone else as the guilty party.
- -His aligment does not matter as spoken in post 148. Why would the alignment not matter it greatly affects your motivations and the usefulness of your kill.
- However, I am certain that Soren and Lies are not the same faction because no scum team would have allowed a double kill to come from their team unless they were large in number.

• Lucky2u-probably town

- This is mostly a gut read.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

VOTE: Soren
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:34 pm

That's L-1 guys
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Not once have I ever implied shifted responsibility for MY SHOT.
Art is cool.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Hey Suzune, hammer. If you're scum, this is a free pass.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Suzune »

Well I am not scum. So I would like to give Soren a chance before the hammer

intent to hammer
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:58 am

Post by Lucky2u »

That was a Meh shot... I still think a Suzanne shot would have made more sense but what's done is done. Once I'm more awake and not at work I will make a good post stating my case against Suzanne right now. Preview of that post: I'm still a gut read to you suz? Really?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Soren »

I was in a bad mood last night and ended up doing something stupid and shot aphix rashly. Sorry for that. I shouldn't play when I'm not in the right mood. However, I didn't just shoot him randomly. I have been contemplating who I should shoot and since ETL already claimed dayvig and was manning the front with a shot, I thought I would see who he'll shoot first and how that'll affect my decision. When I saw that his shot flipped town, and with only 3 posts behind his back we won't learn much from that flip. So I wanted to shoot and got trigger happy because life wants to bite my ass, and I should of waited and did a bit more thinking and get a clearer approach of what to do, but my emotions took over me and I just decided to shoot. So why did I choose aphix? He's been wanting to policy lynch Vedith all day, sure I like the policy lynch but I didn't see him do much else with offering his reads. I like policy lynch on day 1 in so far as it doesn't blindside you to scum hunt and work the game out. Then when ETL called aphix out to back up his points for wanting to policy lynch vedith. Aphix makes his , which just screams bad and full of omgus. Not only that, he continues to not want to provide evidence to support his reason and deflects it with voting ETL. And then he removes his vote in his , but then continues to attack ETL in his and . Is he scum reading or not scum reading ETL? Aphix faffing around did not ping town to me. So he was the one I wanted to shoot most.

I understand your guy's reactions. Hindu is pretty much convinced that my play comes from scum and doesn't want to understand me but I can understand that, ETL agrees and doesn't want to understand my actions too, would of liked to see a bit more independent thought from him, but eh, ETL is pretty town, Chaotic Neutrality votes and doesn't comment on it all. Suzune offers a little comment on it and tries to understand as her initial comment is "Why?" and is not eager to lynch me with her stating intent to hammer.

I used town tourist as my alignment and town dayvig as my ability.

Out of all the votes on me, Chaotic's one is the one that pings me the most. Care to explain your thought process a bit more?
VOTE: Chaotic Neutrality
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:38 am

Soren, aphix is an OMGUSy player. That's just who he is. I was townreading him for it. You didn't even ask what anyone thought about anything.
Art is cool.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Soren »

I was in a bad mood and it affected my actions. My bad.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:46 am

Is this something that happens to you often?
Art is cool.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:57 am

Post by Soren »

I wouldn't say so, no.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:01 am

Then it's uncharacteristic of you and not likely to be something you would actually do. Which begs the question - why...?
Art is cool.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Soren »

It's uncharacteristic to be in a bad mood?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:10 am

That's not what I said, is it.
Art is cool.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Soren »

It's uncharacteristic because it's not common for me to be in a bad mood?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:18 am

Again, that's not what I said. I asked if it was common for your emotions to affect your actions. You said it wasn't. I replied then that if it wasn't common for your emotions to affect your actions, then it isn't something you would normally do in a game, so I have to wonder why. The way it happened and the way you excused it does not look to me to be a simple "I was angry and wanted to shoot something." You didn't seem emotional yesterday. In fact, you were pretty level-headed and then just went "oops". I don't really buy it.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:22 am

I mean, I can understand getting emotional in a game. I do all the time. My emotions often affect the things I do. That is common for me and something that people would be able to expect from me as any alignment. The problem here is that people are town 75%+ of the games they participate in. If your actions were commonly affected by your emotions, this would reflect in many of your games. You just said it doesn't. The conclusion here is that you're using it to excuse your hasty shot.
Art is cool.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Soren »

In post 268, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:You didn't seem emotional yesterday.
I'm not exactly going to complain about my life in the game am I. Nor do I want to put emotions behind my words when I discuss in a game to vent my feelings by letting it out on people, that's totally unnecessary and not something someone should do. But what it did influence, was my own actions and not my words. I try to keep my feelings to myself.

This is a rare game for me because I have never been a dayvig, nor any other roles that has day actions. The difference between this and other games that I have played, is that I have an option to shoot someone during the day, an action that I do not have in any other games. So I do not think that it is a fair comparison that you are trying to make. In other games if I'm in a bad mood, nothing will really be affected because of the absence of a day action. It's new to me that I actually have a day action.

Just because it's uncommon for my emotions to affect my actions, it doesn't mean that it won't happen. This is one instance where it did happened. You have every right to remain skeptical and suspect me using it as an excuse. That comes down to your judgment and that's perfectly fine. But I'm being honest, and hope you can see that.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:48 am

You do have day actions in other games - a vote.

The other issue I have is the fact that if you were town, the numbers involved with this game would have been something on your mind. You know that there is a very good chance that town do not make up a large majority of the players, in which case, as town, we are at a disadvantage, and shooting incorrectly would be a huge mistake. These were all things on my mind when I made the decision to claim and offer other players the option of giving their input.

It just doesn't look like any of that was a concern to you, especially given your reaction.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:49 am

I also find that trying to appease me by saying you understand my skepticism is more likely to come from scum than not.
Art is cool.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Soren »

Given that there only requires a minimum of 2 town players. And based on my other greatest idea mafia games, I had a gut feeling that more people would choose scum over town. Which meant, when looking at it mathematically, shooting randomly would yield a higher chance to hit scum. (Not that I shot randomly though)
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 am

In post 259, Soren wrote:Out of all the votes on me, Chaotic's one is the one that pings me the most. Care to explain your thought process a bit more?
VOTE: Chaotic Neutrality

You held off telling us you had a dayvig until the other guy shot, and you didn't consult the town at all. Of the two dayvig's you're most likely scum.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”