Micro 551 — Vanilla-Free Greatest Idea Mafia — Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 259, Soren wrote:Out of all the votes on me, Chaotic's one is the one that pings me the most. Care to explain your thought process a bit more?
VOTE: Chaotic Neutrality

In post 273, Soren wrote:Given that there only requires a minimum of 2 town players. And based on my other greatest idea mafia games, I had a gut feeling that more people would choose scum over town. Which meant, when looking at it mathematically, shooting randomly would yield a higher chance to hit scum. (Not that I shot randomly though)

These don't match up. 1 Moment you are explain who you think is scum, the next you are saying that most people are scum.
If you're scum then I can easily see Chaotic as your partner. You vote him after you look like a near to certain lynch.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Vedith »

Also Soren, what were the 2 other cards you received?
Same for ETL please.
I claim scum \o/
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

UNVOTE:

tourist card claim. if he was trying to make shit up why choose a card that has only one iteration in the list?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 am

In post 276, Vedith wrote:Also Soren, what were the 2 other cards you received?
Same for ETL please.

I already claimed them. So did Soren.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:57 am

In post 148, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:in my opinion, my alignment doesn't even matter in this game. I did choose town, but like I said, I don't expect to make it very far. I had two town cards and one mafia card. town investigator (cult or not cult) which I thought was lame, town weak jailer which I didn't like due to the high probability of large numbers of non town players, and I wanted to be a dayvig. it was the strongest role available in the cards I got.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 am

VOTE: suzune

lucky also probably scum.
Art is cool.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 278, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I already claimed them. So did Soren.

I'll look for them now then.
I claim scum \o/
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Soren »

In post 274, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:
In post 259, Soren wrote:Out of all the votes on me, Chaotic's one is the one that pings me the most. Care to explain your thought process a bit more?

You held off telling us you had a dayvig until the other guy shot, and you didn't consult the town at all. Of the two dayvig's you're most likely scum.
I can see why you would scum read me for that. Thanks for explaining. What do you think of the rest of the things I said so far though?
In post 275, Vedith wrote:

In post 273, Soren wrote:Given that there only requires a minimum of 2 town players. And based on my other greatest idea mafia games, I had a gut feeling that more people would choose scum over town. Which meant, when looking at it mathematically, shooting randomly would yield a higher chance to hit scum. (Not that I shot randomly though)

These don't match up. 1 Moment you are explain who you think is scum, the next you are saying that most people are scum.
If you're scum then I can easily see Chaotic as your partner. You vote him after you look like a near to certain lynch.
There's a difference from saying that someone is scum, to saying that the majority of players in this are likely scum. The former is extrapolating from the latter and forming a scum read based on player actions. I don't see the problem here...? It's like saying that there are two scum in a newbie game, and then when someone is scummy you scum read them.
In post 276, Vedith wrote:Also Soren, what were the 2 other cards you received?
Same for ETL please.
Tourist and town one shot day vig.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Vedith »

What's tourist town do?
I claim scum \o/
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:09 am

In post 283, Vedith wrote:What's tourist town do?

Requires the person to target a player each night, but otherwise does nothing if the player has no other abilities.
Art is cool.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 284, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Requires the person to target a player each night, but otherwise does nothing if the player has no other abilities.

Okay, so that's more anti town anyway?
Why do you think Suzune? you might have said something somewhere but I've been V/LA.
I claim scum \o/
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Hinduragi »

ETL wrote:ok i think lucky and vedith are town

In post 280, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:VOTE: suzune

Explain.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Soren, what the fuck is your problem? Why did you wait around and refresh the site waiting on the flip just so you could take a shot that you pre-determined BEFORE the flip? What the actual fuck were you thinking
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 am

In post 285, Vedith wrote:
In post 284, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Requires the person to target a player each night, but otherwise does nothing if the player has no other abilities.

Okay, so that's more anti town anyway?

Not really. If a person uses it as their role, it's like being a VT, for all intents and purposes. It's the equivalent of the compulsive modifier in other types of games.

Why do you think Suzune? you might have said something somewhere but I've been V/LA.

Mostly gut but I did talk a bit about it prior to my vig shot. I can go back through her ISO and tell you what sticks out to me too.
Art is cool.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Like, if you're going to give up on a game of mafia and go FULL DERP, I expect you to at least play up to that derp and not do a 180 degree turnaround the next morning "because you had a bad day". Life isn't a cake walk. The game's not even fun for me when you bring outside influence like that into a game because then you task everyone with "are you lying or are you just in a bad state of mind".
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Soren »

In post 287, Hinduragi wrote:Soren, what the fuck is your problem? Why did you wait around and refresh the site waiting on the flip just so you could take a shot that you pre-determined BEFORE the flip? What the actual fuck were you thinking
I didn't plan it. I was just online and happen to see that ETL shot, thoughts going through my mind and emotions took over and I ended up shooting too.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 am

In post 286, Hinduragi wrote:
ETL wrote:ok i think lucky and vedith are town

In post 280, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:VOTE: suzune

Explain.

At that time it was due to his reaction to my question but it wasn't super strong or anything. Right now I think you, Vedith and Soren are town. I'm null on Chaotic at the moment, which leaves Suzune - who I was already suspicious of - and Lucky. Of course it's possible that there is only one anti-town player but I kind of doubt that. I feel more sure about Suzune than I do about Lucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was also not town.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:25 am

You mentioned that you were already planning to shoot aphix.
Art is cool.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Soren »

In post 289, Hinduragi wrote:Like, if you're going to give up on a game of mafia and go FULL DERP, I expect you to at least play up to that derp and not do a 180 degree turnaround the next morning "because you had a bad day". Life isn't a cake walk. The game's not even fun for me when you bring outside influence like that into a game because then you task everyone with "are you lying or are you just in a bad state of mind".
It was never my intention to bring outside influence into a game. But it happened and I regret it and I'm trying to make up for it by explaining myself now.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 am

Just move on and do something else.
Art is cool.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Vedith »

The thing that makes me doubt Suzune as scum is her comments which could be classed to buddying me.
I could see her using it as a tactic with only 1 set of scum. However, with the chance of several it serves no purpose to her as scum as I don't influence people (which she knows) I'm easily lynched (which she knows) and my death, although I am town, if flipped scum would give her no town credit what so ever (which she knows).
I claim scum \o/
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Soren »

In post 292, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:You mentioned that you were already planning to shoot aphix.
Hindu makes it sound like I was waiting for you to shoot before I shoot. That part wasn't planned.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Unvote

What are the chances scum are a super minority in this game

Also, I'm really going to need the case on Suzune play from earlier. I've only started to warm up to Scumzune since I was asking her about her alignment preferences. Also, I've read all her games up to this point. She does prefer mafia as of 2 months ago and most of her "recent" games are ongoing and she's only been scum in one of them(lynched) and nothing more needs to be said about that because ongoing. Her "Ive hit a low streak" is bullshit. She hasn't lost a single game as scum except an SK game where she was one of 3 alive and she describes that game as "loving" it. That and some gut read in here that inspired it are all I've really seen from her.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:31 am

In post 295, Vedith wrote:The thing that makes me doubt Suzune as scum is her comments which could be classed to buddying me.
I could see her using it as a tactic with only 1 set of scum. However, with the chance of several it serves no purpose to her as scum as I don't influence people (which she knows) I'm easily lynched (which she knows) and my death, although I am town, if flipped scum would give her no town credit what so ever (which she knows).

I don't have any experience with her as a player, but you might be giving her too much credit. It's a natural response to try to please other people when you're trying to hide something from them. Buddying isn't always done intentionally, and certainly isn't always recognized by the person doing it, but is definitely a clue to the person being antitown.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:32 am

In post 297, Hinduragi wrote:
Unvote

What are the chances scum are a super minority in this game

Also, I'm really going to need the case on Suzune play from earlier. I've only started to warm up to Scumzune since I was asking her about her alignment preferences. Also, I've read all her games up to this point. She does prefer mafia as of 2 months ago and most of her "recent" games are ongoing and she's only been scum in one of them(lynched) and nothing more needs to be said about that because ongoing.
Her "Ive hit a low streak" is bullshit. She hasn't lost a single game as scum except an SK game where she was one of 3 alive and she describes that game as "loving" it.
That and some gut read in here that inspired it are all I've really seen from her.

This was actually one of the bigger points against her for me.
Art is cool.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”