Blitz 18: Wedding Invitational Mafia - GAME OVER

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: AP

He who buses, lives.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Empire »

Nacho, I'm going to be fucking devastated if you're scum in this game :(
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Natirasha »

But...why Doremy?

Need a vc b4 v.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 259, Cephrir wrote:my binary and mostly nonserious metric for reading ap is crying out in pain

Lol, I'll admit you've piqued my interest.

In post 263, borkjerfkin wrote:Agree on which is essentially non-content

Ugh. I'll make more interesting statements after I've read everything. Frankly, I'm having a hard time keeping basic facts in my head. As in who is talking about whom and who is scumreading whom atm.
In post 270, Syryana wrote:Chase out of the church: AP

Awwww, I haven't been the target of a fake dayvig ....since I can remember at least.

In post 272, Empire wrote:1) Where is your bork townread coming from?

2) What is it that you look for when you try to enter a game as scum? Do you ever think to replicate what you have done in a previous game as scum?

1) Well it was a pretty much shooting from the hip read and I've since gotten more -shrug- about it because other people are posting things that look town to me and I dont want to bloat my townreads. The thought was about how persistent he was in encouraging the groom/bride to claim. Its a bit bold for scum and doesn't really match up with what I recall of Bork's scumgame anyhow. I like that he had direction so early and I generally had good feelings about him.

2) I don't think I've ever reflected on my past scum games for ideas as scum. Occasionally things will happen or situation will arise that remind me of past scumgames and I may reference them or attempt to replicate them at that point. So, no; I don't think I have or likely would intentionally replicate my behavior from another scumgame when entering a game as scum. My scum behavior tends to depend on the player list and tempo of the game. If Im playing with people Im mostly unfamiliar with I'll intentionally attempt to subvert common 'scumtells' as they occur to me that people may care about them. I mostly play responsively and kind of neutral in that scenario. Against people I know, I'm more likely to try and actively play to my town meta which is paranoia, snootyness, and whatever.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 277, Empire wrote:Nacho, I'm going to be fucking devastated if you're scum in this game :(

??
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 219, Syryana wrote:
In post 213, fferyllt wrote:Empire
(1)
: pieguyn, GuyInFreezer, Nachomamma8

Is this right?

It is not right, but it's now fixed, thanks!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 279, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 259, Cephrir wrote:my binary and mostly nonserious metric for reading ap is crying out in pain

Lol, I'll admit you've piqued my interest.

"Is AP having fun/being fun? He is scum" :P
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.2

AngryPidgeon
(4): Empire, Syryana, pieguyn, Nachomamma8
Empire
(1): GuyInFreezer

Not Voting
(10): Ms Marangal, borkjerfkin, BROseidon, AngryPidgeon, Natirasha, Malakittens, Tammy, notscience, Cephrir, Goodmorning

Deadline December 13, Midnight US Eastern Time

Time left before players who haven't posted yet are prodded: (expired on 2015-12-10 11:22:00)
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by pieguyn »

unvote:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Alright, my head isn't as in this as it could be right now but I'll post some thoughts.

Nacho seems town. Its Nacho, etc, etc, but his play this game definitely looks less directed and more following his nose, wherever it goes. That is a town-sign and I can understand why he'd vote me here.
BRO's claim makes me tempted to auto townread him. After his shenanigags with claiming Saul Tigh in BSG mafia, I'm not so sure he'd try and do that again with me and Tammy around. He -could- be cheeky scum, but probably isn't. Him downplaying his own scum game in one of his posts was interesting to me and could fit in to someone being cheeky, but I don't think thats him here. So leaning town on it. Not a super strong read though.

Natirasha...was leaning lightly town off gut as I read up. I just went through Nati's ISO and I'm a bit more -shrug- about it. I'm not particularly interested in thinking about Nati meta although I do recall a Mini Normal with Nati and Muffin where Nati was way more dry sounding and just sounded more stilted. Don't really get what the story with is.

Tamitha. I'm not going to attempt to read her this game. I'm going to just -shrug- and say shes town for now unless I have a really really strong reason to suspect otherwise down the line.

GIF is yet another person that I'm really tempted to townread off of gut. Some of the things in his ISO raise an eyebrow, but I just don't -feel- anything bad about it. So going to say own for now, although that does make me nervous about the amount of people I'm reading as town along this vein thus far.

Empire. His post suggesting that we "make L-2 the new L-1" felt weird to me. Empire is typically quite thorough and thoughtful. I was a bit surprised that he said that without considering the issue that scum could hammer someone for a win from L-2 as well. Of course scum probably wouldn't risk doing that since if the person hasn't claimed, its risky to hedge your bets on them being bride/groom with a derp hammer. And people in this game are smart enough to not be IKA so ... ya. Basically, I would expect more from Empire here but that could be some shitty burden of proficiency from me. sounds town to me though except maybe barring the case where Nacho is also scum. But the jib at Nacho and the 'misconception' talk felt like something town would say. Leaning town on empire, even after reading the post where he votes me. Making good observations to Pie and playing hardball with Nacho thus far. Good posts. Willing to talk to him more about his vote on me.

Ceph. Damn it, how the hell am I supposed to read Ceph without mastin here to do it for me?

I guess what I'm getting at is lurkers are suspicious, Syryana is pretty much the only thing I'm remotely directly scumreading, and ya. I'll be rereading things to get a better picture when things calm down. Although things calming down is a lofty assumption I realize.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 224, Syryana wrote:Not really getting a Ceph-scum vibe Nacho

alright boss
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ap still not town
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

ap why scumread syryana?

I'm trying to figure out why you posted that reads-wall.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 287, pieguyn wrote:ap still not town

glad to have you on the town side of things!

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Hi

will catch up soonish

<3
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 288, Nachomamma8 wrote:ap why scumread syryana?

I'm trying to figure out why you posted that reads-wall.

I posted it because I needed to force myself to think about the game. A lot of the posts have been bouncing off of me.

Nothing said by Syryana really strikes me as town whereas most everyone else has at least managed that much. Banter with you feels forced. Reaction to me scumreading him feels forced.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Natirasha »

tbh I don't play enough mafia anymore for meta to really work outside of "I talk cryptically".
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Why not share in public re: me?

For all we know I may or may not have purpoaefully structured my posts to sound a certain way.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 293, GuyInFreezer wrote:Why not share in public re: me?

For all we know I may or may not have purpoaefully structured my posts to sound a certain way.

lol. That may be true, but I dont think a townread on you is particularly unwise here. You really think a townread on you is strange here? You seem like you are confident and self-assured. That is good.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

So tell me Nacho, are you prepared to be completely embarrassed about your read on me?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 294, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 293, GuyInFreezer wrote:Why not share in public re: me?

lol. That may be true, but I dont think a townread on you is particularly unwise here. You really think a townread on you is strange here? You seem like you are confident and self-assured. That is good.

Dunno but you have problems with too many townreads and you have a problem with something and yet you won't out your problem.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 279, AngryPidgeon wrote:1) Well it was a pretty much shooting from the hip read and I've since gotten more -shrug- about it because other people are posting things that look town to me and I dont want to bloat my townreads. The thought was about how persistent he was in encouraging the groom/bride to claim. Its a bit bold for scum and doesn't really match up with what I recall of Bork's scumgame anyhow. I like that he had direction so early and I generally had good feelings about him.

2) I don't think I've ever reflected on my past scum games for ideas as scum. Occasionally things will happen or situation will arise that remind me of past scumgames and I may reference them or attempt to replicate them at that point. So, no; I don't think I have or likely would intentionally replicate my behavior from another scumgame when entering a game as scum. My scum behavior tends to depend on the player list and tempo of the game. If Im playing with people Im mostly unfamiliar with I'll intentionally attempt to subvert common 'scumtells' as they occur to me that people may care about them. I mostly play responsively and kind of neutral in that scenario. Against people I know, I'm more likely to try and actively play to my town meta which is paranoia, snootyness, and whatever.

The bork read seemed way too easy to me at the time because I think he had only posted once between your first post and the one where you indicate a townread on him. It just looked like one of those off the cuff townreads on that guy that you just know is going to obvtown sooner rather than later so it's low risk and it makes you look like you're giving original content (since at the time I believe you were the first person to say he was town). But what really triggered the bad feeling was that your entry felt similar to the one from Tales of You (although I'll admit I didn't go back to read the game, I was just going off of memory at the moment) in that forced joke-y way. I tend to think that scum, even when their playstyle appears off the cuff, tend to plan stuff and the part of the game they most plan is their openings so I was curious to see if imitating a prior scum game as scum is a thing you would do.

As for BRO, I'm not SUPER familiar with the flavor but enough to know that it could plausibly be a town role. Re-reading, I like the general way he discusses it, in a "hey, isn't it funny that I got this role" kind of way that reads genuine. I'm probably not explaining it well but that's what I feel.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

As in what I thought was weird about you?

I don't think that takes too much imagination. You linked to a rather prolific scumgame of yours where you said the same exact words. Your behavior has also been similar and slightly shallow. Admittedly so, even.

I like your attitude though.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 295, AngryPidgeon wrote:So tell me Nacho, are you prepared to be completely embarrassed about your read on me?

I'm not super attached to it tbh
I want to vote Cephrir but Cephrir will probably yell at me or something if I do

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”