Blitz 18: Wedding Invitational Mafia - GAME OVER

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

I feel like empire is town

Also, wanna hear your theory on borkdeath
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Marquis »

town so far, or don't want to lynch today:

14 Marquis / GuyInFreezer
10 Malakittens
11 Tammy
9 Ms Marangal
2 Broseidon
13 notscience
5 Cephrir

that leaves me with:

1 Natirasha
3 AngryPidgeon
4 Empire
7 goodmorning
8 pieguyn
12 Nachomamma8

not exactly sorted by strength, but by whoever popped in my head first. so... sort of by strength then i guess?

i have an hour, someone engage pls. ask me to look at something concise-ish and i will. i need a lead atm
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 1350, Ms Marangal wrote:I feel like empire is town

why is empire town? right now i'm seeing a lot of his posting as... overly meticulous? not sure how exactly to describe it but at the very least it doesn't feel all that genuine. no scumread because i could just be misinterpreting the attitude around context stuff at the time of those posts so. idk this wishy-washy-ness devolved quickly sorry

do want to hear whatever bork theory it is. not sure what relevance there is but in case anyone hasn't explained this to anyone yet i read people best through real-time responses and i guess just watching the game flow so. it'll be awkward for a bit as i try to respond to things that don't require any sort of response but more more more posts please
link in bio
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1351, Marquis wrote:not exactly sorted by strength, but by whoever popped in my head first. so... sort of by strength then i guess?

i have an hour, someone engage pls. ask me to look at something concise-ish and i will. i need a lead atm

Pretty reasonable readslist TBH.

I'd probably move notty down and Empire up but really this is pretty good.

I thought some of Empire's emotional posts came off forced but on reread I kind of buy them. I think some of it would be a bit awkward to post as scum. I'm willing to not rule him out just yet given your and Tammy's recent suspicion but he did do some things that struck me as town more than other people in your scumlist.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Tammy,

The reason why I'm not townreading Notty is because he seems to be lacking everything that j normally see from him in his town games. I don't really feel like he's believing in any of his townreads. I mean in the last blitz game he reached out to Mollie for reading is wrong and after her repeating ignoring him he went after for that. Here I haven't seen him really to reach out to anyone.

In the other game he didn't 'demand' everyone to townread him.

Just this whole game here seems different.

I truthfully think he's a higher chance for scum than GM.

(Not sure if this helps any with my explanation)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Can we just lynch Nacho tomorrow?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Why is nacho even on the list for you AP?!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1356, Malakittens wrote:Why is nacho even on the list for you AP?!

You avoided targeting Nacho, a claimed Tracker, with a utility role because you were paranoid of him and you are asking me why I'm considering him? :S

You may have mentioned what changed your mind, but really Im not seeing anything from him Today that makes me think hes town.

The interactions with Syryana are not doing it for me. I dont really buy that he was so supremely confident about that his posts are really cutesy and not that hard to fake as scum; at least they wouldn't be for me. The only real meaty thing hes done is post a case on GM which does look fine, but that is it. His disappearance today doesnt inspire confidence either.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Way to twist shit around.

I think you're just setting up nacho for a mislynch next Day.

I mean I know where you're coming from, but I don't really see nacho doing what he did last day and then saying he got a no result because I'd feel that's a suicide mission as scum.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1333, notscience wrote:Well I mean, sure

But I still did have a pool of scum and a pool of notscum so if you thought scum was not in my scum pool thatd be an important convo to have with me?

your scum pool is kind of huge tho?

In post 1341, Ms Marangal wrote:You said you wanred to talk. Im off and on today, but we can still do it

And I figured out what I wanted to talk about but I don't actually remember what it was now so ????
I think it was something about notsci?

--
Where did Nacho go? And where is Nati?
And why does AP post so much?

p-edit: or maybe that's just what he wants us to think
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1358, Malakittens wrote:Way to twist shit around.

I mean I know where you're coming from, but I don't really see nacho doing what he did last day and then saying he got a no result because I'd feel that's a suicide mission as scum.

Twist shit around. Ok, I really don't get where this is coming from. I don't get what was unclear about my nacho opinion or why you singled me out for it when others are saying the same. Like marquis.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I mean I really didn't see a point of saying lynch Nacho tomorrow. That's just me though =\

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1361, Malakittens wrote:I mean I really didn't see a point of saying lynch Nacho tomorrow. That's just me though =\

Im not saying we should quick lynch nacho tomorrow. But we should probably talk about it. A number of people are concerned about him but no one will do anything about it.

VOTE: Goodmorning

Gm, if you are town then I apologize in advance. But you are kind of a common denominator and people won't lynch pie today.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Empire »

Before I go to bed, really quickly: I thought the reason bork might have died is because the mafia could have thought he was in some sort of masonry or something role-related like that with Nati or maybe they even thought they were the B+G (though it'd be a bit silly considering how bork opened this game)? In my mind, when I thought about it, it could explain why bork townread Nati so strongly as he did basically throughout the entire game despite her not really posting much. The whole idea behind this and the reason I felt so strongly about bringing it up is because it would confirm Nati as town (as they would not have killed bork on this theory if Nati were scum) and she's been in my blind spot for basically the whole game.

Of course, there are some conventional explanations for why bork died. It could be because, silly people notwithstanding, he was widely considered obvtown and they just wanted to get rid of an unlynchable player. Or maybe he was actually on the right track (although I can't remember off the top of my head who he suspected). But I think it's still worth thinking about since I didn't expect him to die and based off of reactions, I don't think a lot of you guys did either.

I don't know if I'm explaining this well and writing this I feel pretty silly even bringing it up but here you go.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

He suspected me, but it doesn't matter because im not getting lynched this game.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 1335, AngryPidgeon wrote:@notsci: Can you give more specifics about Nacho? Obviously hes been leading the town this game and claiming PR and blocked so its important to figure him out. Im a bit nervous and I wouldnt want to just "eh...town" him at this point although the way he claimed does make me lean that way.

What do you think about Pie and Empire's fight at the start of the game? Empire said Pie was scummy, Pie demanded he take it back and referenced a game where Empire misread her. It kind of led to them both townreading each other though.

I understand why Ceph and GIF (Marquis) are in your PoE pool. I'm reading Ceph as town after his recent posts. GIF Im a bit less sure of, hopefully Marquis will be more readable. Are you good at reading Marquis? I might recognize his towngame if I see it, but Im not sure I'd know what to look for in scum-him.

I've never really been the best about reading Nacho. I was thinking back to yesterday and I remember seeing him derail GM onto Syry for god knows why (note: nacho-scum would mean gm-town in this situation) but he does this thing that fery described perfectly in swag wars where he pulls one town out of the fire and throws another in and I honestly went to bed or went to do whatever and it looked like we'd be sitting here today with a dead gm and syrylicious still alive and when I saw he died my first reaciton was to think of that

Then he claimed to have been blocked and voted me which makes me guess he tried to target me but there was literally no follow through from ANYONE. I had a few votes that all vanished before I had even posted. There was no pressing the matter or anything and he's hardly had any nooticable interaction with me all game so its really weird to just drop without trying to get some reaction out of me

And as i typed out the former two I realized a bork-kill could be him trying to somewhat cut me off similar to when he tried to kill fery in swag wars so he and pie could monoploize the interactions with me and im not saying that would have been possible in this setup but I think bork was probably the only real vocal person other than nacho townreading me and i tend to stick to people townreading me/defending me so maybe he was hoping to win me over? idk but I doubt the kll was solely to get my vote but thats something im thinking about

I very honestly glazed over that fight. I'll look at it when i wake up.

Regarding Marquis I don't really know I think I'd be okay, but last time he was scum against me I lasered in on what he always does as scum to me and he kinda flipped out about it in the scum pt so I know that wont really work anymore. So maybe? I'm not really liking what he's posted so far tbh but grains of salt or something like that
In post 1338, AngryPidgeon wrote:Man its like what I say about notty in most games I'm in with him.

He does feel "different" this game. A little bit less passionate and a bit more self-aware perhaps? Less jumpy and assertive?

Not that that makes him scum, but he definitely feels different to me.

I mean, I'm typically more jumpy when people apply pressure when I am here. I'm not really being assertive because I know this is a game that won't be my strong suit as I like to link up with the usual suspects but thats most of htis playerlist and I'm not remotely confident in my ability to read most of them

I mean I could go into how majority of my focus has been elsewhere but meh.
In post 1354, Malakittens wrote:Tammy,

The reason why I'm not townreading Notty is because he seems to be lacking everything that j normally see from him in his town games. I don't really feel like he's believing in any of his townreads. I mean in the last blitz game he reached out to Mollie for reading is wrong and after her repeating ignoring him he went after for that. Here I haven't seen him really to reach out to anyone.

Are you even

what

1) the other game she was ignoring me and reading YOU wrong and it was clouding her stance on me. I had been trying to get her attention repeatedly and had been ignored,yes

2) I didn't demand everyone townread me because the only fucking person in that game who I could have bop'd like that was the one who was tunneling us from 1)

3) since when is feeling different a scumtell? It's not like I had someone snapping at me to come post in this game

4) I don't beleive in my townreads because I know this is a game where I'll be weaker simply by virtue of the usual suspects all being here I won't really know who to trust. There, I found something to latch onto and I had stuff to fight but here all I've had is noone townreading me and then accusations of not being like one select game which I don't even need to go into why are you comparing me to just one game to fit what you're trying to say because guess what! People don't play the same in every game (also, bro has had this conversation with me about my read on him before I am like 95% sure)

So, balls in your court.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 1359, goodmorning wrote:your scum pool is kind of huge tho?

6 players I am not townreading

Sooooooo

okay?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by notscience »

Like since when is it out of the norm for me to throw a bf because the people who should be reading me right arent

Because you must know of some ssecret alt of mine I don't know about but that sounds pretty notty-esque
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1352, Marquis wrote:
In post 1350, Ms Marangal wrote:I feel like empire is town

why is empire town? right now i'm seeing a lot of his posting as... overly meticulous? not sure how exactly to describe it but at the very least it doesn't feel all that genuine. no scumread because i could just be misinterpreting the attitude around context stuff at the time of those posts so. idk this wishy-washy-ness devolved quickly sorry

do want to hear whatever bork theory it is. not sure what relevance there is but in case anyone hasn't explained this to anyone yet i read people best through real-time responses and i guess just watching the game flow so. it'll be awkward for a bit as i try to respond to things that don't require any sort of response but more more more posts please

I like you, but I've seen you play scum and I'm not convinced there is literally any way to read you. You sound so town when you're not =/

I don't know why empire is being cagey about his theory. Also, I've found him unmemorable from start to finish.

In post 1354, Malakittens wrote:Tammy,

I can see this

In post 1358, Malakittens wrote:Way to twist shit around.

AP is town. I've never said that with a sliver of confidence before except when we were both scum (okay yeah yeah i know i wasn't town then either but if i was town i don't think i would have either those times you know what forget it i'm saying absolutely nothing here but i think ap is town suck it up.

In post 1359, goodmorning wrote:
In post 1333, notscience wrote:Well I mean, sure

But I still did have a pool of scum and a pool of notscum so if you thought scum was not in my scum pool thatd be an important convo to have with me?

your scum pool is kind of huge tho?

In post 1341, Ms Marangal wrote:You said you wanred to talk. Im off and on today, but we can still do it

And I figured out what I wanted to talk about but I don't actually remember what it was now so ????
I think it was something about notsci?

--
Where did Nacho go? And where is Nati?
And why does AP post so much?

p-edit: or maybe that's just what he wants us to think

why do you not ever say anything interesting? i fall asleep reading your posts
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1363, Empire wrote:Before I go to bed, really quickly: I thought the reason bork might have died is because the mafia could have thought he was in some sort of masonry or something role-related like that with Nati or maybe they even thought they were the B+G (though it'd be a bit silly considering how bork opened this game)? In my mind, when I thought about it, it could explain why bork townread Nati so strongly as he did basically throughout the entire game despite her not really posting much. The whole idea behind this and the reason I felt so strongly about bringing it up is because it would confirm Nati as town (as they would not have killed bork on this theory if Nati were scum) and she's been in my blind spot for basically the whole game.

Of course, there are some conventional explanations for why bork died. It could be because, silly people notwithstanding, he was widely considered obvtown and they just wanted to get rid of an unlynchable player. Or maybe he was actually on the right track (although I can't remember off the top of my head who he suspected). But I think it's still worth thinking about since I didn't expect him to die and based off of reactions, I don't think a lot of you guys did either.

I don't know if I'm explaining this well and writing this I feel pretty silly even bringing it up but here you go.

why was this a seekrit
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i like 1365, sue me
Bartleby the Scrivener
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1368, Cephrir wrote:
why do you not ever say anything interesting? i fall asleep reading your posts
I think there is a probable answer for this.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

it is a huge pet peeve of mine when people say shit like "I'm not getting lynched" and it's clearly intended to be a soft and then whatever they claim isn't alignment indicative (or they claim VT). I'm not assuming that's what's going on here, but if it turns out this is what AP is doing and I'm not around later, he should be lynched into the fucking ground.

I'm wondering about Nacho, although I can't really blame him for being inactive when I'm in the same position.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Brilliant, how about posting about something that anyone cares about?

Cause I stand by what I said.

And I'm actually in a pretty silly spot with my role right now.

Because apparently things I say in the thread about it can affect it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

So my solution to that is to basically ram softclaims down everyone's throat until they barf.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”