Blitz 18: Wedding Invitational Mafia - GAME OVER

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Here's a soft claim: DONT LYNCH ME.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

OK. this is going to sound really stupid, but a large part of the reason I gave up on pushing AP so quickly was because he's an insanely active player, and I felt like (and still do, mostly) unless I'm capable of matching it, he's going to be able to twist/mischaracterize whatever I'm saying and fling it back in my face, at which point I'll likely be lynched. I don't have faith given my RL (it was free but now I'm really occupied with something else) that I'd be able to look adequately town or respond to/comment on everything necessary to lynch him. AP, as far as I can tell, is one of those ridiculously active scum players whose main weapon is sheer force of will. the last thing I need to do is launch a push on him, especially when he's universally town read, I'm not, and he's voting me.

I've already seen it happen with the initial 2 points I brought up way back when that everyone now thinks were anemic/not compelling, even though I still think they were good looking back on it. which is kinda dumb because I hardly elaborated on them but it still scares me : x

I have a PR btw and if everything goes correctly, I will not be making it to LYLO this game.

p-edit: the first line of 1373 is exactly what I'm talking about btw
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

If you somehow think Im scum after reading my last three posts.

If you somehow are not 100% convinced that I'm town.

Then I dont have words.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by pieguyn »

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Very inspirational posting there, Pie.

I know you are too smart for it to be likely that you are making these posts as town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

noddy is probably scum actually.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:13 pm

Post by pieguyn »

and yes I have thought about it and I doubt you actually are what you're softing. I think you're hoping you can backtrack out of it later without being called on it.

you can attempt to mischaracterize my posts all you want, btw, it's not going to work. not only should my role confirm me as town under the right circumstances, if you actually try and lynch me, I'll crush your face in. ~
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by pieguyn »

and yes, that is a soft.

you don't get to push "lul pie too smart 4this" if you don't see how outright claiming a confirmable role should make me town
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

noddy, are you reading Mala as town?

similar question about myself: do you have any reason at all to think I *could* be town here?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1383, pieguyn wrote:similar question about myself: do you have any reason at all to think I *could* be town here?

at the time you made your last post, that is.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I feel like Marquis could be scum but I wanna wait to see what he does first.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Mala be town.

{Nati, GM, Tammy, AP, Nacho, noddy, Marquis}

OK I feel better now. be back tomorrow
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by Marquis »

VOTE: empire

kill it please i'm so unimpressed you have no idea god goodnight
link in bio
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1387, Marquis wrote:VOTE: empire

kill it please i'm so unimpressed you have no idea god goodnight

Maybe so, but hes not getting lynched Today.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Because there is like 24 hours left if that. GM is the only realistic wagon.

GM and Nacho are looking like scum.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1380, pieguyn wrote:noddy is probably scum actually.

Did you read his last wall?

In post 1381, pieguyn wrote:and yes I have thought about it and I doubt you actually are what you're softing. I think you're hoping you can backtrack out of it later without being called on it.

If you think my last series of posts has "backtrackable" anywhere around it, then you are sadly mistaken. Your characterization of my scumgame is extremely shallow. Your case on me is basically "Well AP CAN act this way superficially as scum, so..."

Which not only is superficial but fails to acknowledge what I do as town. It also fails to acknowledge all the content I've poured into the thread over the last 48 hours and all the content I've gotten other people to produce by being a pest. This is MILES away from my scumgame which is to make shallow posts and smoke over the thread. You come in here with the audacity to needle me over some trifling BS rather than acknowledge ANY of the large amount of thought I've put into the game?

Ya ok.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1390, AngryPidgeon wrote:Did you read his last wall?

yes.

if you actually believe noddy is incapable of writing substantial posts as scum, tears of blood shall stream forth from my face. the content in the wall itself was meh.

In post 1390, AngryPidgeon wrote:This is MILES away from my scumgame which is to make shallow posts and smoke over the thread.

shallow reads, I.E. that read on Syr for acting "awkward" which is about the most shallow reason I can think of for scum reading someone and the one on me for being "smarter than this as town", and noise like this claiming it's "audacious" that I dare push the great AP who's done sooo much to help town and that this game looks oh so different from your scum game. amirite?

I'm well aware you have a tendency to make posts kinda like this as town, but yes, if I have a reason to believe it is just noise/bravado without any actual backing behind it, I will question it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I wasn't implying that he isn't capable of doing that as scum. I was curious if it affected your read on him but apparently you had factored that in already.

Yes, I am pissed off because I spent FAR too much time hovering around this thread this week when I should have been doing other things and I've been pretty fucking obvtown all of Day 2 and if you are townreading Mara at all then you necessarily MUST townread me.

That is all.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

:neutral:

fine. do you have anything specific for Nacho being scum outside of him having disappeared recently?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'll hopefully elaborate more on the noddy read after he answers my question btw, which might be too late (my fault) but I'll get something out at least before day end.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I can try and talk about that tomorrow, but I really gotta go to sleep.

For starters, we now have several PR claims in the game and his is one that I sort of doubt. We have you, Mala, and Syryana as PR/claims and Nacho as another. It does seem unlikely that all are town. Bork said something along these lines before he died.

His play this game has been really flitty. I just don't see anything from him that makes me comfortable calling him town. While that doesn't constitute a case, I do have townreads on a number of other people and its kind of coming down to it. Like I think Mala did town things after getting wagoned. Nacho hasn't held a conversation that wasn't fleeting and that bothers me. Nacho isn't me and maybe I'm projecting some of myself on him, I don't know. The getting roleblocked thing is certainly conspicuous as well.

Why is your read on Tammy what it is? Was curious that you think shes scummy when most people don't. Not that you're wrong, I'm open to exploring new paranoia any day.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1395, AngryPidgeon wrote:Why is your read on Tammy what it is? Was curious that you think shes scummy when most people don't. Not that you're wrong, I'm open to exploring new paranoia any day.

I freaked out at . she's been in a few games with me, and seen somewhat recent versions of both my town play, and my scum play. I do think I've got better at integrating emotion into my scum game, but I'm nowhere near perfect at it, and I would expect her to know this. so, it felt odd that she would essentially entirely dismiss the observation on me Empire (who has also seen my recent town/scum play) made (skeptical yes, entirely write it off no).

I wouldn't lynch her over it, though, since not only is it biased reasoning but I haven't really looked through or tried to understand the town reads on her yet. I've basically just accepted that even if she is scum I'll never get anywhere past looking at her awkwardly time to time because I feel like I don't have a _really_ good handle of what she's done this game.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:14 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1363, Empire wrote:Before I go to bed, really quickly: I thought the reason bork might have died is because the mafia could have thought he was in some sort of masonry or something role-related like that with Nati or maybe they even thought they were the B+G (though it'd be a bit silly considering how bork opened this game)? In my mind, when I thought about it, it could explain why bork townread Nati so strongly as he did basically throughout the entire game despite her not really posting much. The whole idea behind this and the reason I felt so strongly about bringing it up is because it would confirm Nati as town (as they would not have killed bork on this theory if Nati were scum) and she's been in my blind spot for basically the whole game.

Of course, there are some conventional explanations for why bork died. It could be because, silly people notwithstanding, he was widely considered obvtown and they just wanted to get rid of an unlynchable player. Or maybe he was actually on the right track (although I can't remember off the top of my head who he suspected). But I think it's still worth thinking about since I didn't expect him to die and based off of reactions, I don't think a lot of you guys did either.

I don't know if I'm explaining this well and writing this I feel pretty silly even bringing it up but here you go.

Why did you need opinions on whether or not you should bring this up? It's obviously not the case that they were part of a masonry since Bork flipped VT, so what would be the danger in just outing your theory when you had it.

I don't know who in this playerlist would have thought this though. I thought Bork was really obviously a VT yesterday for one. The progression he had on Nati looked like it was due to the players who outed having roles, and my theory is that the super strong town read came from Nati's belief that it was mountainous, which is the thing that makes the most sense to me.

I didn't look at Bork's opening but he didn't make sense with a bride or groom suspicion, but I've known who one of them is since yesterday, so that could just be me.

I'd be surprised if anyone in this playerlist actually killed him for the above.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:27 am

Post by Tammy »

Was gonna finish catching up real quick, but I'm heading to the gym, so please hold for about an hour or so. I will be around on and off for most of the day today. I still have a shit ton of grading to finish but it's somewhat manageable, so.

I'm not concerned about Nacho because he hasn't been around this Day. He's been pretty busy, so I know he's not avoiding this game. I still like a few things from yesterday. Anyway I'll talk about my concerns there in a little bit when I get back. I could also be disheartened that he had any paranoia on me really. I guess it's not impossible, but I just think there are some things that I wouldn't have even thought to say or react to the way I did and I thought he'd pick up on that but I could be wrong. IDK.

Anyway, in a little bit.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:47 am

Post by Empire »

Very quickly before I go to work, but Tammy, it's because by saying all of this, I feel like I'm effectively claimimg my role (or at least what I am not).

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”