Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2006, Elyse wrote:Titus is scum.

I feel it in my gut. She's going from mislynch to mislynch and it's exceedingly obvious.

Drixx is a possible buddy. Nero is town.

More coming later...

Gut is worthless. Its only value is that it brings to your conscious attention something that your unconscious mind has picked up. Unless you go find some actual
reason
, then stop with this nonsense. You blew your role on literally nothing.

As for being a possible buddy, you really need to go look at Steven Universe. My hydra partner and I suspected Titus from the very start of the game but pretended to trust her and shared useless information with her while we watched. Then we caught her slip (cue Titus showing up to claim it wasn't a slip in 3... 2... 1... {tongue in cheek reference to Nero's game entrance}) and used it to drive her team into the ground. Subtlety is a thing. Please don't make the mistake of assuming I'm so bad at this game as to openly associate myself with scum partners (on the occasions when I draw scum). I talk to Titus because I know her, and I need her to talk to me and interact so I can read her.

A lot of people on site take a shit on Titus all the time, but I've found her play to feature quite a lot of subtlety and I enjoy the challenge of figuring her out. Every game is different.

For example: Scum Titus would almost surely have pounced on me as a mislynch opportunity by now, unless she has become
extremely
wary of me since the last time she was scum in a game with me (Steven Universe). I don't think that's the case, so I have to assume that my approach to getting a read on her is giving me a legitimate reaction. What I see is Titus trying to lead the town but without the full self assurance she usually displays as scum. This could either mean that she's trying to adjust her scum meta out of the rut it has been in, or it could mean she's trying to get better at playing more proactively as town.

Oh, and by the way, you totally blew any cred you being Innocent Child gives you with this crap. Nero entered the game, picked and instigated a fight repeatedly, then tried to get everyone to believe that he was pure as the driven snow and did nothing wrong and Titus just attacked him without any reason. There's no reason whatsoever to view that as town behavior or to read him as town, yet you are declaring he's town as if you were a cop or an informed townie or something.

But ... you're not. You're an IC who has showed questionable judgment, at best. It will be a benefit for the town when the scum night kill you, I think.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Elyse »

Fuck off Drixx. Stop acting like you're hot shit. When I get to a computer I'm going to explain my reads. Your condescending attitude isn't necessary. You're just a fucking asshole. I'm sorry your planned mislynch of the day fell through.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Titus »

@drixx, join me on Dave? You should see how his opening here matches Sudoken.

I has angry cakes you can use to avoid giving Nero the drama fight he's looking for.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2026, Elyse wrote:Fuck off Drixx. Stop acting like you're hot shit. When I get to a computer I'm going to explain my reads. Your condescending attitude isn't necessary. You're just a fucking asshole. I'm sorry your planned mislynch of the day fell through.

You can dish it to. Frankly, bitch at him for being an asshole later. Now that you're an IC, you have a duty to lead this town not just shit on smart people.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2027, Titus wrote:@drixx, join me on Dave? You should see how his opening here matches Sudoken.

I has angry cakes you can use to avoid giving Nero the drama fight he's looking for.

Ebwop dave's opening is like BM in Sudoken.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:12 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

People don't forget manners please! :/
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2030, Frozen Angel wrote:People don't forget manners please! :/

Elyse needs to start leading the town in some way shape or form given her conftown status. She had a large, town driven wagon, if she's going to be conf town her only purpose is to lead.

If she can't, I will. Leadership comes better from conftown. There are no motives questioned.

Sometimes you just have to state get your head out of your ass to someone. There is no nicer way.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Titus »

Oh and Drixx, I am not subtle. At all.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2026, Elyse wrote:Fuck off Drixx. Stop acting like you're hot shit. When I get to a computer I'm going to explain my reads. Your condescending attitude isn't necessary. You're just a fucking asshole. I'm sorry your planned mislynch of the day fell through.

Elyse, you should talk with me on SKYPE sometime. I'm a warm and engaging person in voice and in person. In text, it's literally impossible to read my intent, and I am the arbiter of intent, being the author of my posts. I can say unequivocally that I do not believe I'm superior to anyone or everyone in the game. Like all human beings, and all mafia players, I have weak spots and strong spots.

I think the most likely thing you are picking up on from my posts is that I speak like an academic... because I am one. I just spent the last 9 years starting over after leaving my original career and starting at the bottom as an Undergraduate, networking and volunteering my time as TA for multiple professors to have a strong network of recommendations. I've been teaching as a PhD. candidate (and for the last few months, as a PhD.) for the last few years. I do so much reading, research, writing, lecturing, preparing exams and grading them ... I am simply through and through an academic after years in that bubble.

Basically, I spend my days working with other professors in my departments, working on research with another professor for a joint publication project, researching for my own projects, looking things up for lectures, getting my grad students to debate various points of law and forcing them to think and use what they're learning ... and even doing some arguing of my own with peers about unsettled issues in the areas where I teach and research.

I'm pretty sure that my written patterns very closely mirror my speaking patterns, which means you will see complex sentences, infrequently used words, and absolutely no inhibition about debating with people. If you take away my body language and the audible cues you get from my voice ... you end up thinking I'm a "...condescending ... fucking asshole." to quote you. I'm really not. You are welcome to get to know me better voice to voice if you like. Or not. Totally up to you.

In post 2027, Titus wrote:@drixx, join me on Dave? You should see how his opening here matches Sudoken.

Sure. You are like 90% town imo. I have some doubts, but I can't imagine you reacting to what I did end of yesterday and start of today the way you have if you were scum.

VOTE: Dave

In post 2032, Titus wrote:Oh and Drixx, I am not subtle. At all.

Bullshit. You want people to think you're easy to read and not subtle at all. I know better.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Shiro »

Titus is impossible to read. My record with her is 0/all games with her
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Titus »

I should be straightforward and easy to read. I lack subtlety. I just do. The sun rises in the east. Titus uses a sledgehammer to be subtle. Known facts.

Somehow, people can't read me though.

Drixx, can you elaborate on my point on Dave matching Sudoken BM? You were there, maybe that'll help.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Elyse »

Sorry Drixx I got heated in the moment. My bad. It had nothing to do with your way of speaking but more of the "Elyse being dead is more helpful for town" but I'm going to work on that.

I swear tonight I will post a giant list with my thoughts of everyone in the game. I just don't have the time right now.

But my main point that I want people to think about is how static Titus' reads are. This is one of my favorite scumtells. Scum often find legitimate reasons to scumread people and hang onto them because the read is fake and they need someway to justify it. Town on the other hand genuinely do not know the alignments of the people they are reading, so they tend to be more dynamic in their reads and take everything into account. Titus isn't doing this. She's being rigid and unwilling to switch up her reads. She's been saying "Dave Elyse AJ" for basically the entire game and never gives additional reasons. She only reverts back to meta and what happened earlier in the game.

I like to think I can get a good feel for Titus since I've played with her so much and I really think she's scum here. Hopefully I can expound on it more later.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Titus »

Elyse, you are reading me wrong. If I am town, my reads are static until evidence changes them. Look at Sudoken. Static read from RVS. As scum, I am more fluid. This is a search for truth. Truth is static.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by pignash »

I'm back guys.

Elyse, I'm pretty sure Titus is town. Is there anyone else that is scummy to you?
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Elyse »

Davsto - I think he's town. I agree with him a lot of the time and understand his thought process. He's also the largest target of my biggest scumread.
Espeonage - Town. He has that "I don't give a fuck" mentality that's hard to fake from scum.
Nero Cain - Town. He took the unpopular position of scumreading Titus and defending me when he could have easily done the opposite and no one would have suspected him.
Drixx - Scum. Hasn't given thoughts on anyone except me, AJ, and Nero. His read on Nero is silly because he attacks Nero for starting a fight with Titus, which doesn't make him scum.
pignash - Scum. Just have a look at his ISO.
Firebringer - Not sure on Fire, probably town.
Shinobi - Town. His scumreads make sense and his pushes seem sincere. It's easy to "go with the flow" in this game and Shinobi isn't doing that.
Grib - Probably town, but could be scum playing well. Not interested in lynching soon.
Frozen Angel - Town.
Shiro - Unsure. I didn't like her vote and unvote of Drixx. It seemed like she hopped on because she thought it would go to a lynch and then quietly hopped off for no reason.
Aj The Epic - I think he's town just from the way he held up under pressure from yesterday.
Titus - Scum. Trying to strongarm people into mislynches, settles for lynches she doesn't want, static reads (those are scummy I don't care what you say), strange tone
Elyse - Town.
pistachi0n - Scummy. His content is poor and I think one of the wagons yesterday was on scum considering the last minute flashwagon on town Mario. It was probably hi,
Heat - Scum. All of his posts scream scum to me.
Dwlee99 - Town.

I realllly want to lynch Titus today but would settle for someone like Heat, pignash, or pistachi0n.

I know this was kind of half-assed but my motivation for this game is next to nothing. I get in swings though so hopefully it'll come up again soon because I know as IC I should be kicking ass and taking names but I'm really deflated right now. :/
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2037, Titus wrote:Elyse, you are reading me wrong. If I am town, my reads are static until evidence changes them. Look at Sudoken. Static read from RVS. As scum, I am more fluid. This is a search for truth. Truth is static.

We don't agree on a single scumread. This is going to be funnn

Fire Nero Dave Shinobi (anti town not to put Shiro here but meh)

Pignash and pistachion I could vote at hammer but are probably town. Hated Dwelee's response.

Nero is keeping a TvT going as scum and providing no content.

I would die for Shiro because cookies.

Oh and Elyse, it doesn't matter what you think is the right approach, it matters what they think if consistentm
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

Do not misrepresent me, Elyse. You have no reason to do so. My problem with Nero is that he predicted a fight, repeatedly instigated and provoked Titus, and then tried to spin the narrative that she went after him and started it. My problem is with the dishonesty on his part. There is absolutely zero town motive I can think of for provoking/instigating a fight and then trying to convince everyone that your target actually started things.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

VOTE: Titus

I trust Elyse for now, also she was on the awful Mario flashwagon.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by Elyse »

Is Nero calling Titus scum for starting a fight?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2043, Elyse wrote:Is Nero calling Titus scum for starting a fight?

How is that relevant? He wanted people to believe that Titus started a fight with him as soon as he replaced in. What's the town motive for that?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Elyse »

Idk, ego?

I don't think it has anything to do with alignment and you're trying to force scum motivation when it's probably just two people with big egos who don't get along fighting.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

For starting a fight and he also castes suspicion on her interactions with AJ.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 2042, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: Titus

I trust Elyse for now, also she was on the awful Mario flashwagon.

Unacceptable. At no point did you say anything about the Mario wagon for you to have hindsight abuse and make statements about it, especially lacking any reason.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2046, pistachi0n wrote:

For starting a fight and he also castes suspicion on her interactions with AJ.

Your posts have been utter shit on this page. :/
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

The Mario wagon was very quick and happened while I was offline. I thought it was suspicious and terrible.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”