franksa
franksa
Townie
franksa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Post by franksa »

Right, interesting development in the game, interesting wagon on me. While its obvious why dir i put my vote on Phantom i read no reasoning at all when you voted me so actually i dont know what to react to. I havent been asked any questions either, everyone is voting "because he is scummy". What makes you think that? Why do you think i am scummy?
Im from mobile i cant handle quotes here so i will just adress what i want to ask.

@Plotinus you said i used my newbieness defensively several times. Can you give me examples please? Also,when phantom asked me to read my role pm again you said that we should not tell our role yet because scum can use it. Why do you accuse me for not claiming then? Also, why do you care to bring up posts from page two when somebody mentioned he didnt like me? While creating pressure is fine, making people feel uneasy about me,remind them that they actually dont like me is something else especially when you derailed a wagon supported by sensible reasons and started a new one with no reasons at all?
This is a bit chaotic i dont have much time either but i hope i will get some answers and questions!
By the way,merry christmas for all of you! :)
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:28 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Town points go to Kuroi.

Oops, I am terribly sorry. The real winner of the town points is Max.

@Frank, by no means was the wagon on me "sensible". It was more to break the ice, because the game was moving kind of slow at that point. Also, the wagon on you is sensible.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:40 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 176, PhantomCobalt wrote:wagon on you is sensible.

why is it sensible? can you explain why you are voting frank, and don't give me any of that "cause he has a mafia role pm" bullshit. What has he done that makes you think scum? I'm just not seeing it
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:45 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 177, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 176, PhantomCobalt wrote:wagon on you is sensible.

why is it sensible? can you explain why you are voting frank, and don't give me any of that "cause he has a mafia role pm" bullshit. What has he done that makes you think scum? I'm just not seeing it

I see what you mean when you say "half-ass" reading. His reactions are 100% obv. scummy. Plotinus agrees.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:50 am

his reactions to what? provide some links man

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:58 am

In post 56, franksa wrote:Kuroi confuses me. In 23 and 48 he looks like he knows this game, knows what is happening on day 1 and then he asks questions about it. I mean, if he knows we can find scum on day 1, why would he ask a question like he did in 19?

PC, this here is a good post by frank. It shows somebody who saw something scummy and pointed it out

PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:04 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 179, Jake from State Farm wrote:his reactions to what? provide some links man

Oh my....
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:22 am

helpful...

The only thing plotinus said about frank's reaction was this -
In post 133, Plotinus wrote:franksa: I was scumreading him earlier but looking at his ISO he's been doing more scumhunting than I thought. I thought he was a bit flustered by PC's questions about whether he was mafia or not, it looked more like a "how did you know" reaction than a "no i'm not" reaction, and he's mentioned his newbie status a few times defensively.

plotinus agrees with me also that frank at least looks like he is scum hunting. Now as for his reaction to your question about asking him to look at his role pm, i don't agree with plotinus or your opinion that he acted badly to that question. It was a dumb question to begin with and him voting you was the appropriate response. It certainly didn't feel to me like "how did you know" like plotinus said and after that he basically ignored you which is what he should do.

so yeah, I see what looks like genuine scum hunting from frank and an appropriate reaction to your dumb question about his role pm.

PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:24 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 182, Jake from State Farm wrote:helpful...

The only thing plotinus said about frank's reaction was this -
In post 133, Plotinus wrote:franksa: I was scumreading him earlier but looking at his ISO he's been doing more scumhunting than I thought. I thought he was a bit flustered by PC's questions about whether he was mafia or not, it looked more like a "how did you know" reaction than a "no i'm not" reaction, and he's mentioned his newbie status a few times defensively.

plotinus agrees with me also that frank at least looks like he is scum hunting. Now as for his reaction to your question about asking him to look at his role pm, i don't agree with plotinus or your opinion that he acted badly to that question. It was a dumb question to begin with and him voting you was the appropriate response. It certainly didn't feel to me like "how did you know" like plotinus said and after that he basically ignored you which is what he should do.

so yeah, I see what looks like genuine scum hunting from frank and an appropriate reaction to your dumb question about his role pm.

Good to know, buddy!
ConvergentConclusion
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:30 am

Post by ConvergentConclusion »

KuroiXHF wrote:Your lack of scummy reactions could be scummier, I will give you that much. However, it's not enough to make me not vote for you.

I have to vote for the scummiest person here, and that's you. It's nothing personal, I assure you.

Could you detail exactly what you find scummy in PC's posts? Some of his posts give off a strange feeling for me, but nothing TOO scummy yet.
ConvergentConclusion
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:39 am

I will make a read list tomorrow, but for now I want to give preliminary read on PC. I originally thought that the scummy reads on him were overblown, but his recent posts are definitely scummy. I would prefer it if everyone fully explain their non-RVS votes. Also I don't need this vote anymore

UNVOTE:
ConvergentConclusion
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:28 am

*facepalm* I contradicted myself. I posted 184 before I read the rest of the thread. 185 contains what I think about PC, but I still would like to have kuroi's reasoning and everybody else's explanation of posts.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:12 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Just to clarify, what reasoning are you asking from me? Are you referring to the reasoning for my vote on PC?
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.3

Maxspir_7 (0) -
ConvergentConclusion (0) -
Aurora (0) -
KuroiXHF (0) -
Raskolnikov (0) -
franksa (3) - PhantomCobalt, Plotinus, Maxspir_7
Jake from State Farm (0) -
PhantomCobalt (3) - Raskolnikov, franksa, KuroiXHF
Plotinus (0) -

Not Voting: Jake from State Farm, Aurora, ConvergentConclusion

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Sunday, January 3rd 2016 at 8:45 pm PST or in (expired on 2016-01-03 20:45:00)
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Alright so here's what I'm thinking. My thoughts on PC haven't improved but it would be unproductive to stay in that wagon for now; I don't think we'll get more information and a lynch this early would be wasting valuable time.
So I'm going to feel around for a couple of (real-life) days. If I don't find someone scummier than PC I do intend to go back to that wagon afterwards, though, and end-of-day lynch if others feel the same way.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jake

I see a lot of defending others and third-party(indirect) interaction from you, but not one significant effort to actually find/pressure a scum. If you have a scumread you sure aren't doing anything with it.
OK it doesn't mean you are scum but nonetheless I want you more involved. It seems to me like you've just been playing safe and making friends so far.

As for this franksa wagon, since it is L-2. I think the wagon was a good idea, as previous to his reaction I had trouble getting a read on him.
But I like his reaction. If he is mafia he certainly isn't giving it away. I don't think lynching him is a good idea at this point.
I think his initial response to PC's question isn't as scummy as PC/Plotinus think it is. I know if I was in that situation, I wouldn't react too differently; being asked a question like that is almost insulting, especially it being asked without any reason given, as well as by the guy I scumread the post previous. I do find the other suspicions given valid, but counteracted by the townvibe his last post gave me.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas all!
deranged and incoherent
?
ConvergentConclusion
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
ConvergentConclusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:53 am

In post 187, KuroiXHF wrote:Just to clarify, what reasoning are you asking from me? Are you referring to the reasoning for my vote on PC?

Yes I am.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:54 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 76, PhantomCobalt wrote:Franksa, just making sure. Check your role, it says mafia yes?

In post 83, KuroiXHF wrote:I'd also like to say that I'm going to be a lot more active on the weekdays than I am on the weekends. On the weekdays, I'm at work and I'm near a computer. On the weekends, my fiancee takes up a lot of my time - and if she isn't happy, no one's happy.

Since I was last online, here's what's changed from what I've read:

Jake - He says a lot without talking too much. It shows that he's paying attention and has the potential of being a dangerous player, but I'm getting a town read.

Raskolnikov (I'm going to start calling you Rask for brevity's sake, unless you're not comfortable with that) - Buttered me up a little as I was his only town read, but I found him quick to emotion for merely being accused of not giving reasons. Yes, I found you over-defensive. However, I can't say that's scummy because I don't know if you're normally quick to emotion. I'll be keeping an eye on you also.

Plotinus - I completely understand that he's trying to get the game moving and I can totally understand if you ask once or twice, but he's nearly asking everyone about everyone else. I don't see this as a scum read. In fact, I see him as town - albeit a bit quirky. If anything, it's just a little annoying to read.

Franksa - He does feel that I'm scummy, and I can actually understand why. I FOS'd him and he's defensive. I'm not lifting my FOS, especially since he reacted very strongly to it.

Now this brings me to one last gentleman... (or lady)

Phantom - I definitely have a scum read right now. It's quite possible that he's just an aggressive player, but having scum/town reads is hardly grabbing, let alone
too much.
Plus, explicitly asking Franksa's role is at best, naive. Either way, it doesn't help us. I think at this point, he's scummy enough to be voted, on Day One too.

Unvote. Vote: PhantomCobalt

In post 88, PhantomCobalt wrote:

Phantom - I definitely have a scum read right now. It's quite possible that he's just an aggressive player, but having scum/town reads is hardly grabbing, let alone
too much.
Plus, explicitly asking Franksa's role is at best, naive.
Either way, it doesn't help us.
I think at this point, he's scummy enough to be voted, on Day One too.

Oh, but it does.

In post 90, KuroiXHF wrote:Wonderful. Tell us how because from what I know, townies and mafia will both claim they're town. The only difference is that townies are honest with that statement and mafia aren't.

In post 96, PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 90, KuroiXHF wrote:Wonderful. Tell us how because from what I know, townies and mafia will both claim they're town. The only difference is that townies are honest with that statement and mafia aren't.

Oh, Kuroi. This is going to be a good learning point for you!

In post 93, PhantomCobalt wrote:

I cannot tell you. That would ruin the party :(

Read up. This explains most of it. He's aggressive, doesn't explain why he does what he does and gives off a vibe I can't shake that screams, "SCUM!" Plus, I can't honestly see him as an asset to the town, if he does turn up Town.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:09 am

In post 189, Raskolnikov wrote:I see a lot of defending others and third-party(indirect) interaction from you, but not one significant effort to actually find/pressure a scum. If you have a scumread you sure aren't doing anything with it.
OK it doesn't mean you are scum but nonetheless I want you more involved. It seems to me like you've just been playing safe and making friends so far.

who have I been defending? I was directly questioning pc asking him to explain himself and he refused. Atm he's the only person I'm scum reading but it isn't strong enough to put him at l-1 (I guess with you unvoting he's not l-2 anymore) I'm also probably one of the more involved people in the game, which is impressive considering how busy I've been. Not really going to be any more involved until after the weekend.

PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:20 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Kuroi your reads are abysmal.

1. Being aggressive is not even close to being alignment indicative.
2. Stating why your doing something usually helps scum in that situation. Another example is RVS. If you say you're wagoning someone to put on pressure, it negates all pressure. if I told frank it was a reaction test, he would've known that I don't actually scum read him yet. Raskol also made this misconception.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:39 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

1. It is when you jokingly continue to list non-reasons for aggression. I've asked more than once and you avoid it.
2. And you still haven't justified the purpose of the question. I sure hope you got what you were looking for out of the question, because it's helping no one and only serves to make you look scummy.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:49 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

@Kuroi it was a reaction test, as I already said about 4 times.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I read four failed opportunities to call it a reaction test, but no actual descriptions of it being a reaction test.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 196, KuroiXHF wrote:I read four failed opportunities to call it a reaction test, but no actual descriptions of it being a reaction test.

What more do you want? I wanted to see how he would react.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

No. I see you saying that it was a reaction test four times but I don't see you saying that once.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:10 pm

In post 195, PhantomCobalt wrote:@Kuroi it was a reaction test, as I already said about 4 times.

It's obvious you were reaction testing him so I don't really care if you said it was one or not but I'd love you to explain why you decided to use one, what your expected reaction was and why his was scummy. I'd also like a link to other reaction tests you have done, especially this particular one so I can verify 1. You do these as town and 2. You know how to interpret reactions effectively.

Merry Christmas folks. See y'all Saturday

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”