Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 124, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 120, Rob14 wrote:Forzen's 17: Why do you think players who aren't the Doctor are even in the game? Based on the flavor and my role, I thought we were all 13 Doctors?
This was what I was trying to say in my clunky, confusing paragraphs. Thanks for making it make sense Rob!

Rob wrote:#76: Referring to the Doctor as "Doctor Who" is silly. Capitals --> character, lowercase --> role. Simple.
I will be using "a Regeneration" as my nomenclature. I implore people to use this or Doctor Who just to make it obvious.

Also, I can find quotes if needed, but from my experience ce with Rob as town, he does stream of consciousness and stresses it. This is only one instance, but I like his post and it follows this meta. Unsure if his scum meta though.

Davsto is awkward on D1 and was in the Mafia Café where he was lynched D1. I'll check what happened there, but this doesn't seem dissimilar to his scum meta. His town D1 is a little more on poking at people iirc.
^^^ fixed quoting.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Rob14 »

Re: Ari

I do stream of consciousness as scum too, so it is kind of my playstyle. I only do it when I have to catch up, because I know no other way to catch up really.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Rob14 »

If you get around to meta'ing Davsto, please provide links to the games you use, because I may take a look too. I can't guarantee it because I have family obligations coming up (grandpa going for surgery, helping around that household for a week or so) but I'll take a peek if I have time.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 127, Rob14 wrote:If you get around to meta'ing Davsto, please provide links to the games you use, because I may take a look too. I can't guarantee it because I have family obligations coming up (grandpa going for surgery, helping around that household for a week or so) but I'll take a peek if I have time.
I'll see what I can do once I'm done wrapping gifts (yeah, I'm last minute...)

Hope all is well with your grandpa! Good luck to him!

Rob13 wrote:Re: Ari

I do stream of consciousness as scum too, so it is kind of my playstyle. I only do it when I have to catch up, because I know no other way to catch up really.
Noted and wiped from being alignment indicative. Thanks Rob
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 126, Rob14 wrote:Re: Ari

Really didn't like this post. Why did you bother pointing out that you do that as scum too?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Rob13
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 128, Aristophanes wrote:Hope all is well with your grandpa! Good luck to him!

Just a hernia. He and my grandma take care of my three cousins, so I'm mostly needed to help with driving them around while he's on pain meds.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 129, Persivul wrote:

Really didn't like this post. Why did you bother pointing out that you do that as scum too?

UNVOTE:

Because he was using bad meta? I can either point it out now, or he can dig through my meta later and figure that out. Same result, but in the latter option, he's wasting time he could be using finding scum.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Rob14 »

You can literally see in the post above yours how it helped him form reads. Why would I want to not help other players in forming their reads?
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

VC 1.5
Rob13
(3): Not_Mafia, Davsto, Persivul
KuroiXHF
(2): Plottin Kittehs, Adaptive Heap
Davsto
(2): BROseidon, Rob13
Persivul
(1): Soren
Frozen Angel
(1): Aristophanes
Shiro
(1): Frozen Angel

Not Voting
(3): KuroiXHF, FA_Q2, Shiro

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: January 5, Noon US Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 56, Rob14 wrote:Adaptive, do you think Kurio's post is wrong or scummy? Note the join date.

Both I guess. It struck me as a nothing-comment with the sole purpose of drawing further attention to Persivul. I didn't take into consideration the join date but I haven't seen a beetlejuice tell used this early in a game before.
I thought it was a bad tell being used as an excuse to say something slur-ey against another player.

For your own consideration then, what do you think about the motive behind the comment from Kurio, considering it comes directly on the back of your vote on Persivul, and FAQ's response to him as well?

---
In post 48, KuroiXHF wrote:Is Persivul's first post
right
after someone's voting on him indicate his possible lurking?

I might be misinterpreting the meaning of what you're saying here so I'd like clarification.
Persivul had posted a lot before the post where he responds to the vote on him, and the game had been running for about 7 hours.

What do you actually mean by "lurking"? And do you find it scummy?

I just scanned ahead and read your by the way.
If you don't find it scummy or towny, why did you mention it?

-t
Plottin Kittehs
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Plottin Kittehs »

In post 104, KuroiXHF wrote:It looks like the time for joke voting quickly came to an end.

UNVOTE: Soren

Any reads or something?
anything
?
In post 109, BROseidon wrote:
In post 53, Plottin Kittehs wrote:the buddying is real in da house ya'll.

It's weird to see talah post like that :\

~M

Weird in a scummy way or weird in a "I have no idea" way?

Not weird in a scummy way, but weird as why is Talah buddying me so early type of feel. (not sure if this makes any type of sense)

In post 117, Shiro wrote:
In post 115, BROseidon wrote:
In post 83, Davsto wrote:Something tells me that Aristophanes is reading waayyy too much into something which we have already shown to be confusing to refer to, plus Frozen isn't native English speaker so she's obviously going to have trouble communicating.

VOTE: Davsto

Do something.

Arguably my ISO is far worse. Why pick him for it ?

This is so terrible. :\

In post 120, Rob14 wrote:
Mala's push on me is kind of weird, now that I'm looking at it again. She says I'm sheeping, but I'm the first person to call Persivul scummy for his shitty posting? I don't really understand that. The rest of the post reeks of town, so the slot is probably town. Frozen asked me why, but the answer is going to be kind of general: #49 looks like genuine scum-hunting. It doesn't at all look like Mala's faking it or trying to just look like town.

#78: In my experience, hesitant pushes are more likely to come from town than from scum. That's why I said that Kuroi is newb town. I regularly see newb scum act either more aggressively or more cautiously (i.e. not making pushes at all), but newb town tends to be overly concerned with being wrong. Obviously, this read is subject to change; I
am
basing it off only one post at the moment, after all, but it's as good a read as any by page 2.

I didn't realize there was an experience requirement for this game, which does indeed wipe away the weak read I had on Kuroi.

I guess 'sheeping' was the wrong word. What bothers me on the post re: Persi is that there was already a wagon building and I don't really see how his posts were worthless than any other posts so far at the time. I mean Dav's post re:RQS while ignoring everything else in RVS was p scummy, but Persi's posts weren't bothering me as much. Maybe we just view stuff differently idk.

The whole "newb town/scum" can't really apply here as much though. I mean it can to a certain extent, but I am not literally going to okay here Kuroi I'm going to give you a Day 1 pass b/c you're new at mafia. He's not new to mafia, but new to this site -- I'll give him that, but anything else, nah.

In post 122, Davsto wrote:The game is five pages in, the hell do you expect me to do, have a read on literally everyone? I'm like Regigigas; I can have quite a slow start to games very often.

The capitals/non-capitals thing just isn't explicit enough. We need a way to refer to Doctor/doctor in a way such as we know exactly which is being referred to. You saw the confusion earlier, why act like that's not something that should be avoided in even the most obtuse way possible?

Rob basically just came in and repeated everything Bro has already said ("Dav ain't done much" (ignoring that others haven't done much, that the game is 5 pages in so of course I'm not gonna be having reads on everyone) and "Mala is town because vagueness").

Basically,

This post is p bad too.

reeks of OMGUS, self-meta etc. I actually have to agree with both Rob and BRO here though. You haven't shown any signs of scumhunting yet such as asking questions, engaging etc or even giving any thoughts. All you have done is either play with flavor discussions.

In post 127, Rob14 wrote:If you get around to meta'ing Davsto, please provide links to the games you use, because I may take a look too. I can't guarantee it because I have family obligations coming up (grandpa going for surgery, helping around that household for a week or so) but I'll take a peek if I have time.

Hopefully you'll grandpa will be okay!

In post 131, Rob14 wrote:

UNVOTE:

Because he was using bad meta? I can either point it out now, or he can dig through my meta later and figure that out. Same result, but in the latter option, he's wasting time he could be using finding scum.

Liking Rob a bit more due to his last sets of posts, especially this one. I kinda don't really see how this could possibly come from scum.

~M
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 134, Adaptive Heap wrote:For your own consideration then, what do you think about the motive behind the comment from Kurio, considering it comes directly on the back of your vote on Persivul, and FAQ's response to him as well?

Personally, I think it's just as likely a result of reading Persivul's ISO or the game thread as an attempt to intentionally slur. Given this game's experience requirement, Kuroi cannot be a newbie, so my read on this post goes back to being pretty null. It could be the result of him coming from a different format. I saw it as a question rather than a slur.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 135, Plottin Kittehs wrote:This post is p bad too.

reeks of OMGUS, self-meta etc. I actually have to agree with both Rob and BRO here though. You haven't shown any signs of scumhunting yet such as asking questions, engaging etc or even giving any thoughts. All you have done is either play with flavor discussions.

OMGUS isn't a scumtell, also OMGUS is voting someone just because they voted you. My reason for voting Rob is because he's scummy. The meaning of OMGUS has now become a buzzword and an excuse to scumread anyone who happens to be scumreading the person voting for them.

Self-meta is acceptable when used to point out things that are null tells. If I am being voted purely for something I have done in town games, am I not allowed to point out that it's something I've done in town games?

Also, please don't start with the blatantly false "you've done no scumhunting" stuff because I literally just got out of a game where it happened to a ridiculous extent despite me clearly having scumhunted. Like, you can't accuse me of not scumhunting while I have posts like this
Davsto wrote:The game is five pages in, the hell do you expect me to do, have a read on literally everyone? I'm like Regigigas; I can have quite a slow start to games very often.

The capitals/non-capitals thing just isn't explicit enough. We need a way to refer to Doctor/doctor in a way such as we know exactly which is being referred to. You saw the confusion earlier, why act like that's not something that should be avoided in even the most obtuse way possible?

Rob basically just came in and repeated everything Bro has already said ("Dav ain't done much" (ignoring that others haven't done much, that the game is 5 pages in so of course I'm not gonna be having reads on everyone) and "Mala is town because vagueness").

Basically,
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Rob14 »

You realize most accusations of no scum-hunting came
before
that post, right? Not to mention 2/3 of that post is a defense and talking about a clarity issue?

Can you show us a single read or bit of scum-hunting you did before that post?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:22 pm

Post by Davsto »

I'm saying that to Mala, who said that after that post.

And, again, I can have a slow start to games and take a while to start scumhunting. I had like 4 posts for fuck's sake. Deal with it.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Post by mastin2 »

So...posting outside hydra 'cause it would take me too long to go through the process of getting into my hydra.
But basically: I spent today traveling to get to my grandparents' house. Which, y'know...has the archaic internet of nightmares. (As in: it takes five minutes to load a page. We're talking early 90s dial-up here.)

I can only post during the night, and I'm rather tired today. The holidays are going to be hell on me.
For obvious reasons, don't expect me to be playing much for the next week or so.

Particularly given that I'm supposed to be playing as a hydra. (My partner will have to quote this.)
Hydras are supposed to coordinate their reads and whatnot and what to do with their role if applicable.
I read my role PM, so I know what I am, but that's about all I've done; no communication has happened with talah yet.

I'll
try
to see if I can get a post in within the next two or three days or so, but...not tonight (too exhausted), and probably not tomorrow (because...Christmas, duh).
No promises. Guarantee I'll be active once I return from vacation, though! (Because, yeah, I can do that now. I just haven't had the time right now thanks to trip preparation.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:41 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 131, Rob14 wrote:
Because he was using bad meta?

So what? He was town reading you from it. If you're town and you know it's really a null tell, why bother pointing that out? How does that advance this game?
I can either point it out now, or he can dig through my meta later and figure that out. Same result, but in the latter option, he's wasting time he could be using finding scum.

False dichotomy. You could have just let it go.
In post 132, Rob14 wrote:You can literally see in the post above yours how it helped him form reads. Why would I want to not help other players in forming their reads?

These posts reek of scum trying too hard to appear helpful.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Rob14 »

Ari's commented multiple times related to meta (nine appearances via Ctrl + F in his meta). He specifically stated he did not know my scum meta, so if he was using it as a major part of my read, it's fairly obvious he was eventually going to go looking for it. It absolutely would have come up.

I could have let it go, yes, but it would have come back to haunt me when he goes through my meta and finds that I literally just did it as scum in a micro. There's no-way anyone who even takes a cursory glance at my meta would miss the monstrous catch-up stream of consciousness post I did in my most recent game. Why turn it into a multi-page conversation over why I withheld that information when I can just be open about my meta and call it a day?

I tend to be very open about my meta when people ask about it or comment about it. I routinely re-read old games of mine to identify differences in my town and scum meta and fix them. I find that openness is the best policy both for my town and scum games because it encourages people to read me based on motivations, not based on my meta, which I deliberately obscure.

And if you don't believe me on that, well, check my meta. :P
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Soren »

In post 70, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 68, Soren wrote:Ari can you answer the question now. thnx
Sure.

The original statement was ambiguous as it could either be Role or Theme related. I find it interesting that FA immediately assumed I meant role, whereas some others assumed theme. However, her wording in particular is also telling.

Basically, if you read the story post, it implies we are all Doctors, in different regenerations. Thus my counter question. What would 1) lead FA to believe Shiro is not a Doctor and 2) lead her to believe we are facing an outside evil, and not, say, a corrupted regeneration while 3) using "a" not "the" as the article precursing "Doctor."

Theory: FA is a non-doctor with a Doctor as a fakeclaim.
Alright, this is really town, it's town motivated.

So far I have two scum reads. Davsto for his and . The former providing nothing to the game other than to have a little fun based on the flavor. The latter making a comment that doesn't involve working out people's alignment. I find this to be particularly scummy because it's easier for scum to comment on these types of things as opposed to making reads early in the game.

My second scum read is on FA_Q2. Reading through his ISO he offers very little and makes very short comments in response to posts. I find this to be particularly scummy because its a strong scum trait. Knowing everyone's alignment they have a hard time engaging and scum hunting, so they have to resort to making little responses to other players while not making a post which contains their concise thoughts about the game.

VOTE: Davsto
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Soren »

Also, Merry Christmas everyone.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 143, Soren wrote:So far I have two scum reads. Davsto for his 27 and 76. The former providing nothing to the game other than to have a little fun based on the flavor.

Didn't you reply to said fun-based flavour?

Also, I am a fun guy, and a HUUUUUGE Doctor Who fan. I wasn't gonna miss this opportunity to talk about my favourite TV show.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Shiro »

Bleh you guys

Dav's last few posts seem like frustrated town to me.

Also having played with Dav before, he is always light like that early game.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Shiro Its good to have you here. any other reads ?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 120, Rob14 wrote:Forzen's 17: Why do you think players who aren't the Doctor are even in the game? Based on the flavor and my role, I thought we were all 13 Doctors?

In post 124, Aristophanes wrote:This was what I was trying to say in my clunky, confusing paragraphs. Thanks for making it make sense Rob!

Seriously?! You couldn't explain it more before?

I thought Doctor who's are just good people. I didn't notice we're 13 guys in game. :lol: yeah it might be true. But why would we fight other doctor who's?!?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Plottin Kittehs
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Plottin Kittehs »

In post 104, KuroiXHF wrote:It looks like the time for joke voting quickly came to an end.

UNVOTE: Soren
Does anything stand out to you yet as scummy?

I like Rob's because I can follow the thoughts in it. I doubt this is a good reason to townread him but I like the post anyway.

Dav's seems a bit over the top. I can sympathise with it taking a while to get your head into a game because I used to have that problem when I was newer but I need to see some scumhunting from your slot soon.

UNVOTE:
Do you think scum are more likely to point out that someone is townreading them for the wrong reasons than town?

oh hey there's a mala post saying what I was thinking about lots of stuff except better. <3

In post 137, Davsto wrote:OMGUS isn't a scumtell, also OMGUS is voting someone just because they voted you. My reason for voting Rob is because he's scummy. The meaning of OMGUS has now become a buzzword and an excuse to scumread anyone who happens to be scumreading the person voting for them.
Why is Rob scummy?

In post 141, Persivul wrote:These posts reek of scum trying too hard to appear helpful.
I don't see it.

In post 146, Shiro wrote:Bleh you guys

Dav's last few posts seem like frustrated town to me.

Also having played with Dav before, he is always light like that early game.
hmm, ok. Does pressuring him early on tend to help him get his head into the game or does it make it worse?

In post 148, Frozen Angel wrote:why would we fight other doctor who's?!?
I think trying to outguess the mod is usually a bad idea. Why not make a game with all 13 doctors and choose at random which would be bad guys?

Either flavour has nothing to do with alignment and we're all Doctor Who's, or the mod will provide safeclaims so that people can pretend to be Doctor Who's if they're not. Otherwise, imagine we are playing a three little pigs theme game and on day 1 everybody claims what role they have and one person claims that he's the pig who made the house out of straw, and the next claims that he's the pig who made the house out of sticks, and the next claims that he's the pig that made the house out of bricks, and the last person claims that he's the big bad wolf, and then they lynch him and win the game. And the big bad wolf is so upset at not being given a safeclaim that he huffs and he puffs and he blows the mods' house in.

This metaphor is getting away from me but basically I think we're probably all Doctor Who's but if we're not then we're not going to be able to the real ones from the fakes very easily. Otherwise, players without flavour knowledge would be at a big disadvantage.

In post 117, Shiro wrote:Arguably my ISO is far worse. Why pick him for it ?
I just ISOed you and I can attest to this. Are you having trouble getting your head into the game or just busy with holiday stuff? Do you feel like voting anybody yet?

Frozen, why are you still voting Shiro? Is your vote on him now serious?

Pers, why do you attack Frozen and Rob for looking town? It seems a bit early in the game for that kind of paranoia to be genuine.

--P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”