Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:41 am

Post by Drixx »

What "facts" am I ignoring, FA?

If you're going to come at me, you better be prepared to back it up.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:33 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 2364, Grib wrote:Also, please answer the following questions with nothing less than complete and total honesty.

1) Are you mafia?
2) Are you okay with being Cop checked?

What's the point? Especially q1.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Drixx wrote:What "facts" am I ignoring, FA?

In post 2366, Frozen Angel wrote:But I just don't like the amount of logic in his arguments. we're playing with humans here and I think viewing everything in a logical surface is a kind of ignoring some important facts.

I'm not a fan of full logical arguments. I think their never go deep enough to hunt the scum. they depends on the scum to slip and come to surface.

I think a combination of emotional and logical analyses are better

Drixx wrote:If you're going to come at me, you better be prepared to back it up.

what?!!! when I said I want to come at you?! your in my town lean list
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:07 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Drixx, people don't act logically. Not even you. If you're basing your reads off of what a perfectly rational agent would do, you're going to have a bad time.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2378, pistachi0n wrote:Drixx, people don't act logically. Not even you. If you're basing your reads off of what a perfectly rational agent would do, you're going to have a bad time.

Wrong. I read the game the same way, but suppose each person comes at it a different way. Each person has a different set of information, and thus acts different. When someone is overly invested in protecting someone else, that sends up a red flag for me.

In Suikoden, Drixx and I had a lot of conflict, not because either was reading the game wrong but I lacked his knowledge that he was a mason. Masons are an achillies heel because they both look like scum because try know things they shouldn't.

Scum, on Day 2, tend to invest in defending buddies by refusing to talk about them. That's why I am posse off that I can't get a Dave wagon going or no one to discuss him at all.

Scum have basically been sitting on the sidelines and doing jackshit the entire time because the obvious town refuse to work with each other. (Reach out to Elyse).

Logical expectations are a good way to find scum. Emotions function as a backup.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2377, Frozen Angel wrote:

In post 2366, Frozen Angel wrote:But I just don't like the amount of logic in his arguments. we're playing with humans here and I think viewing everything in a logical surface is a kind of ignoring some important facts.

I'm not a fan of full logical arguments. I think their never go deep enough to hunt the scum. they depends on the scum to slip and come to surface.

Drixx wrote:If you're going to come at me, you better be prepared to back it up.

This post pings hard. Don't know why.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2380, Titus wrote:This post pings hard. Don't know why.

:/

pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:40 am

Post by pistachi0n »

About scum refusing to discuss buddies and the Dave wagon--say Dave is scum. And you say nobody is discussing him, which adds to your scumread. But that means townies aren't discussing him either. Why do you think that is?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

You know , better than anyone here that I'm an emotional player. and your throwing shades on me?

I think emotional analyses are not dumb and somehow , in some situations better approaches to solve the game. you want my examples?!

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

talking to titus ...

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2382, pistachi0n wrote:About scum refusing to discuss buddies and the Dave wagon--say Dave is scum. And you say nobody is discussing him, which adds to your scumread. But that means townies aren't discussing him either. Why do you think that is?

Because the town are demotivated. Hell conftown clearly isn't posting. I am doing all I can to get us to voe scum but even I see Dave's going to coast for another day with no content so I am stuck settling and compromising again.

If who we lynch today doesn't flip scum, I am one v one on Dave tomorrow.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

This game is pretty much dead.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2353, Drixx wrote:I'm trying to decide if you are scum trying to push this for town cred or to get people to abandon their usual strategies for finding scum ... or if you're sincere. I honestly cannot tell. You present like you are trying to logically prove something, but if you understood the basic rules of logic, you would already have concluded that you cannot know whether your premises are sound and therefore you cannot trust any conclusions. The only thing you can do is wait and see if evidence of multi-ball shows up, at which point you can say you were "right", although it would be more a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut in this case. Your logic is unsound and therefore your conclusion does not logically follow.

In other words ... if you end up being right, it will be because you got lucky and nothing more.

Esp and shinobi buddied. It was more obvious than the day.

this post here makes me think Drixx knows Esp alignment as well. I have no Idea what I'm suggesting but this connection was weird. this was what I wanted to mention in post

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2383, Frozen Angel wrote:You know , better than anyone here that I'm an emotional player. and your throwing shades on me?

I think emotional analyses are not dumb and somehow , in some situations better approaches to solve the game. you want my examples?!

I am not saying they are dumb. They're just backups. Emotional reading tends to result in detection of high versus low emotional intelligence rather than scumfinding.

It does have better success in reading those emotionally based players but you'd hae to wagon them for the purposes of reading.

If both lead you to the conclusion someone is scum, tunnel.

Now, why are you fighting so hard on your method of scumreading and not getting your reads lynched?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2387, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2353, Drixx wrote:I'm trying to decide if you are scum trying to push this for town cred or to get people to abandon their usual strategies for finding scum ... or if you're sincere. I honestly cannot tell. You present like you are trying to logically prove something, but if you understood the basic rules of logic, you would already have concluded that you cannot know whether your premises are sound and therefore you cannot trust any conclusions. The only thing you can do is wait and see if evidence of multi-ball shows up, at which point you can say you were "right", although it would be more a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut in this case. Your logic is unsound and therefore your conclusion does not logically follow.

In other words ... if you end up being right, it will be because you got lucky and nothing more.

Esp and shinobi buddied. It was more obvious than the day.

this post here makes me think Drixx knows Esp alignment as well. I have no Idea what I'm suggesting but this connection was weird. this was what I wanted to mention in post

That post implies nothing of the sort. :/
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

talking a lot about he doesn't know about Esp alignment then suggesting that he was just lucky about knowing the multiball thing is weird.

plus I'm voting my read atm.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Why pista is more scummy than the pig?

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I'm shadowy voting for both of them. But I can't see a priority here.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2390, Frozen Angel wrote:talking a lot about he doesn't know about Esp alignment then suggesting that he was just lucky about knowing the multiball thing is weird.

plus I'm voting my read atm.

No, Drixx said
if
this is multiball, then Epsy is lucky. Having shit invalid arguments but getting to the right answer to logical players is by definition, luck.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2377, Frozen Angel wrote:

In post 2378, pistachi0n wrote:Drixx, people don't act logically. Not even you. If you're basing your reads off of what a perfectly rational agent would do, you're going to have a bad time.

Scum, by definition, have to put a false narrative into the game. Since they know the other scum (even in multi ball they know some of the other scum, so the point holds), they have to engage the game and basically tell a story. Generally scum will take the opportunity to plant seeds early in the game to give themselves places to go later on. They, in effect, foreshadow their moves. The thing is... as informed as scum are in terms of alignment, they cannot predict the various surprises that come up in a game. That's where my logical approach catches them. When scum have to adjust their narrative to account for something unexpected, they can slip and contradict their own narrative, and I've lost count of how many I've caught that way.

There's something to be said for pushing people to see how they react; however, unless you have a very clear notion of how scum will respond and how town will respond, and you have good reasons to believe your notions are accurate ... a lot of times all you do is get into TvT fights, since most people will react when provoked.

Why do you think I pushed Nero? His narrative is a lie. Despite a little white knighting on his behalf by others, you can look at him and Titus in ISO and clearly see him instigating. It's not even subtle or a matter of viewpoint. He clearly came in swinging and trying to goad her into a fight, and then he clearly tried to blame it on her and push her for what he instigated.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2391, Frozen Angel wrote:Why pista is more scummy than the pig?

Look at the wagoners on pistachion. All look town. Pistachion hasn't pushed any of his own scumreads at all. My scumreads defend him and hop onto (or were originally on) the opposing wagon. Given the amount that pistachion hasn't delivered, the resistance to lynch is astounding.

Pignash has content in short bursts. He gets attacked by my scumreads every time he shows up for trivial things, making it hard to contribute.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Drixx »

Unvote

VOTE: Postachi0n
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2395, Titus wrote:Look at the wagoners on pistachion. All look town. Pistachion hasn't pushed any of his own scumreads at all. My scumreads defend him and hop onto (or were originally on) the opposing wagon. Given the amount that pistachion hasn't delivered, the resistance to lynch is astounding.

So how is everyone on pistachion town again?

Dwlee yeah, Grib ehhh not solid on him.
Pignash? Explain how pignash is town.

Titus I am divided on you atm.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2395, Titus wrote:Pignash has content in short bursts. He gets attacked by my scumreads every time he shows up for trivial things, making it hard to contribute.

who are you talking about exactly?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2398, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2395, Titus wrote:Pignash has content in short bursts. He gets attacked by my scumreads every time he shows up for trivial things, making it hard to contribute.

who are you talking about exactly?

Pistachion. My bad there.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”