Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Persivul »

My other full town read was Plottin kittehs. That's based on:

, - Instead of laying low in RVS already pressuring me based on (incorrect) meta.

- the other head disagrees, noting that she had seen me do the same thing as town. This doesn't seem to me like something that scum would plan out in their hydra discussions. It feels like genuine conflict between the heads. I'm not a big hydra player but I would imagine that heads would be more likely to try to stay in sync as scum than as town.

- pointing out adaptive's sheeping. No motivation fro scum to do so.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Persivul »

Frozen Angel:

17, 18, 25 - a little suspicious of the fluff, but I sometimes joke around quite a bit in the first couple pages so I tend to give others the benefit of the doubt. It is a game after all.

64 - I liked "I need to do my tests ..." As above, this indicates to me a town mindset.

Then frankly I felt sorry for her for getting caught up in the doctor/Doctor Who discussion, which I think was unnecessary.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Persivul »

Regarding kuroi:

- I liked this defense. Also the stubbornness regarding the avatar seemed town - scum would be more likely to acquiesce.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Persivul »

My last lean town was Not Mafia, which is the weakest as it was only based on his calling out Rob in . BUT...I neglected to factor in that Kittehs had already done so in . So, that's now weaker and I'm downgrading NM to null.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Persivul »

Regarding my nulls:

Rob remains a null, as he has both townie and scummy posts IMO. Just when I think he's townier he does something scummy. As he says he maintains his meta carefully this may be by design - the game's not fun if you're so townie that you get killed every N1. As town I always look somewhat scummy on D1 as I'm not being careful with my wording like I would be as scum, but I don't mind the scum reads as it keeps me from taking NKs.

(BTW Rob, after your chewing out everyone after Blitz 1 as moderator, I expected you to be a more aggressive player in tone.}

As noted on Davsto, there are enough scummier people to take him at his word that he's slow on D1. If that remains on D2, I'll reconsider. Still null.

Adaptive Heap - not enough to go on, still null.

Shiro:
- calling attention to her own lack of activity seems townie

- I agree that the focus on davsto could be better placed today

and following - like the pressure on Soren and the reasoning

So, upgrade Shiro to lean town.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Persivul »

Which gives:

Town

Aristophanes
Plottin Kittehs

Lean town

Frozen Angel
Kuroi
Shiro

Null

Rob13
Davsto
Adaptive Heap
Not_Mafia

Lean scum

Soren
FAQ2
BROseidon

Scum

---
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Rob14 »

You don't think I've been aggressive so far? Wow.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Persivul »

Soren:

, , , - all questions with little or no follow up. This is an easy way for scum to appear busy without really doing anything.

- chose two very safe scum reads and one safe town read
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Soren »

In post 152, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 143, Soren wrote:
My second scum read is on FA_Q2. Reading through his ISO he offers very little and makes very short comments in response to posts. I find this to be particularly scummy because its a strong scum trait. Knowing everyone's alignment they have a hard time engaging and scum hunting, so they have to resort to making little responses to other players while not making a post which contains their concise thoughts about the game.

VOTE: Davsto

I don't really know how to respond to this other than to say that it is garbage. I comment on what I think needs commenting on. That is not going to change.
No it's not garbage, because it clearly demonstrates a scum trait that is evident from you.
In post 152, FA_Q2 wrote:I comment on what I think needs commenting on. That is not going to change.
This just strengthens my scum read on you. Town doesn't respond like this but scum does.
In post 153, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 141, Persivul wrote:
In post 131, Rob14 wrote:
Because he was using bad meta?

So what? He was town reading you from it. If you're town and you know it's really a null tell, why bother pointing that out? How does that advance this game?
I can either point it out now, or he can dig through my meta later and figure that out. Same result, but in the latter option, he's wasting time he could be using finding scum.

False dichotomy. You could have just let it go.
In post 132, Rob14 wrote:You can literally see in the post above yours how it helped him form reads. Why would I want to not help other players in forming their reads?

These posts reek of scum trying too hard to appear helpful.

This is a really bad push all around. He gave information - something that is always good as town. I have seen nothing that I would remotely consider townie from you yet. Your 'case' against rob is really stretching at this point.
VOTE: Persivul
Explain to me what the scum motivation is for Persivul to push a case against someone that is posting apparent townie things.
In post 160, Shiro wrote:it not the vote per say it is the whole post.

You are accusing someone for fluffing about a show he likes in a game related to the bloody show ?

Like what? walk me through your reasoning. You say you find it pariculary scummy and I cannot comprehent why that would be. Is enjoying a theme and fluff a scum trait to you ?
Enjoying flavor is fine, doing nothing to progress the game is not.
In post 164, Shiro wrote:and soren jumps on him(most likely because dav already has some votes on him and it is easier to say you suspect someone other already suspect)
I don't have all the time in the world so others were able to post their observation on it before me. I saw the same thing but was late to the party.
In post 176, Persivul wrote:
I'm going to need to hear why you're no longer voting me and why you are voting Soren if I'm to remove my vote from you, because from what I can see, your move onto and off of me look awful.

Fuck you.
Bring it on.
I'm not concerned.
You don't make yourself look good with this. It shows a general disinterest towards your scum read on me. Or even the lack of scum read towards me.
In post 207, Persivul wrote:Soren:

, , , - all questions with little or no follow up. This is an easy way for scum to appear busy without really doing anything.
You point those out and say that I don't follow up when I have.

VOTE: FA_Q2
For what I've stated above.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

VC 1.7
Persivul
(3): FA_Q2, Rob13, Frozen Angel
Rob13
(2): Not_Mafia, Davsto
KuroiXHF
(2): Plottin Kittehs, Adaptive Heap
Soren
(2): Shiro, Persivul
Frozen Angel
(1): Aristophanes
Davsto
(1): BROseidon
FA_Q2
(1): Soren

Not Voting
(1): KuroiXHF

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: January 5, Noon US Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Persivul »

22, 33, 68, 159 - all questions with little or no follow up. This is an easy way for scum to appear busy without really doing anything.

You point those out and say that I don't follow up when I have.

Give the specific posts that follow up to those.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:22 am

Post by talah »

In post 32, KuroiXHF wrote:VOTE: Soren

Must I need a reason?

Their first post is literally asking the thread if he needs a reason, rather than just posting it naked (which would draw some kind of attention) or making up a reason (ie random) or just saying it was random.
Why are they asking if they need a reason?

In post 41, KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I forgot to add this before but I've never watched Doctor Who.

Hate me for that if you must but when it comes to interpreting moderator write-ups that involve the show's references, I'm not going to be of much help.

Second post is defensively assuming they'll be attacked at some stage. And saying, hate me for not knowing the theme.
I think the implication is, don't hate me for rolling scum this game.

Then there's the "observation" that Persivul might be lurking.
Whether that's incorrect or not, it's unlikely that you say something like that as town unless you're trying to scumhunt, and think you might have picked up on something.

They then go on to renounce this same obvservation as null. Why?
In post 89, KuroiXHF wrote:I stand by what I said and all I noted was an observation. Not a vote, not even a FoS.

And no, I won't get an avatar - not until I feel like getting one.

I feel like the statement about the Avatar may just be the towniest thing they've said so far.

The most recent three posts are Kuroi:
Making a buddy or familiarity post about Not_Mafia (I still don't know what's going on there since they didn't address it where I commented in )
Unvoting from RVS and not committing to another vote
Making a comment about Persivul which now says they *do* in fact have a slight scumread there.
In post 157, KuroiXHF wrote:While I do have a slight scumread off Persivul, I don't think he's stretching himself thin, especially not by pointing logical fallacies.

@Kuroi

1) Can you please explain just what your read is on Persivul and what it's based on.
2) Can you tell me what history you have with Not_Mafia and why he's someone you "can trust"?
3) Please address my questions here:
Spoiler:
In post 134, Adaptive Heap wrote:
In post 48, KuroiXHF wrote:Is Persivul's first post
right
after someone's voting on him indicate his possible lurking?

I might be misinterpreting the meaning of what you're saying here so I'd like clarification.
Persivul had posted a lot before the post where he responds to the vote on him, and the game had been running for about 7 hours.

What do you actually mean by "lurking"? And do you find it scummy?

I just scanned ahead and read your by the way.
If you don't find it scummy or towny, why did you mention it?

-t
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 211, talah wrote:
In post 32, KuroiXHF wrote:VOTE: Soren

Must I need a reason?

Their first post is literally asking the thread if he needs a reason, rather than just posting it naked (which would draw some kind of attention) or making up a reason (ie random) or just saying it was random.
Why are they asking if they need a reason?

In post 41, KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I forgot to add this before but I've never watched Doctor Who.

Hate me for that if you must but when it comes to interpreting moderator write-ups that involve the show's references, I'm not going to be of much help.

Second post is defensively assuming they'll be attacked at some stage. And saying, hate me for not knowing the theme.
I think the implication is, don't hate me for rolling scum this game.

Then there's the "observation" that Persivul might be lurking.
Whether that's incorrect or not, it's unlikely that you say something like that as town unless you're trying to scumhunt, and think you might have picked up on something.

They then go on to renounce this same obvservation as null. Why?
In post 89, KuroiXHF wrote:I stand by what I said and all I noted was an observation. Not a vote, not even a FoS.

And no, I won't get an avatar - not until I feel like getting one.

I feel like the statement about the Avatar may just be the towniest thing they've said so far.

The most recent three posts are Kuroi:
Making a buddy or familiarity post about Not_Mafia (I still don't know what's going on there since they didn't address it where I commented in )
Unvoting from RVS and not committing to another vote
Making a comment about Persivul which now says they *do* in fact have a slight scumread there.
In post 157, KuroiXHF wrote:While I do have a slight scumread off Persivul, I don't think he's stretching himself thin, especially not by pointing logical fallacies.

@Kuroi

1) Can you please explain just what your read is on Persivul and what it's based on.
2) Can you tell me what history you have with Not_Mafia and why he's someone you "can trust"?
3) Please address my questions here:
Spoiler:
In post 134, Adaptive Heap wrote:
In post 48, KuroiXHF wrote:Is Persivul's first post
right
after someone's voting on him indicate his possible lurking?

I might be misinterpreting the meaning of what you're saying here so I'd like clarification.
Persivul had posted a lot before the post where he responds to the vote on him, and the game had been running for about 7 hours.

What do you actually mean by "lurking"? And do you find it scummy?

I just scanned ahead and read your by the way.
If you don't find it scummy or towny, why did you mention it?

-t

Whoops, sorry.
^This is us
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

Actually in future if I mistakenly post out of hydra I might just re-post it as the correct account so that responses can be quoted more easily (and ask the mod to delete the original).
Not PLANNING on it, but just in case O_o
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:30 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 208, Soren wrote:No it's not garbage, because it clearly demonstrates a scum trait that is evident from you.

It's garbage because it is bullshit. I have offered plenty. There are a lot of players here that have offered FAR less yet I dont see a whole lot of focus on that from you at all. This clearly demonstraits that you have selected
In post 208, Soren wrote:
This just strengthens my scum read on you. Town doesn't respond like this but scum does.

In post 208, Soren wrote:
Explain to me what the scum motivation is for Persivul to push a case against someone that is posting apparent townie things.

He needs a case against someone and it is clear that he thought that Rob would work. Not only is his logic rather lacking, he is REALLY reaching with his 'case.' Explain to me how tunneling Rob based on this false logic is town?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:33 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

Hmmm, missed the middle quote somehow.

That is utterly false. Scum tend to appease - town does not. Scum post like that when they are trying to be town. What would you have said if I stated you were correct and was going to adjust accordingly?
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 203, Persivul wrote:My last lean town was Not Mafia, which is the weakest as it was only based on his calling out Rob in . BUT...I neglected to factor in that Kittehs had already done so in . So, that's now weaker and I'm downgrading NM to null.

I'm actually interested in your read here. Also it's probably time we talked considering you've been very active and a couple of my assumptions about Kuroi's scum-motivations involve their interactions with you.

I don't know how you get a town-read of any type at all on Not_Mafia from this:
In post 96, Not_Mafia wrote:
This post is terrible

VOTE: Rob

Can you explain why that's town?

Especially considering Rob did the same thing, albeit with far more follow-up:
In post 170, Rob14 wrote:
Also, that Persivul transition is
awful
. Like, completely awful.

VOTE: Persivul
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I didn't have time to look as in depth into ISOs as I may have liked prior to my V/LA, but I did look a bit. Here's a reads list and some of what I saw in the ISOs I skimmed.

Strong Town:
Adaptive Heap
Plottin Kittehs

Weak Town:
Aristophanes
Soren (most recent post was good, especially given what I know of Soren’s meta)
Frozen Angel
BROseidon (would like to see more from BRO, but gut says town, as does #119)

Null:
Not_Mafia (badly needs a prod)
FA_Q2 (if I absolutely had to categorize, it would be very slightly lean scum; conflicted because I hate his “garbage” post and his early lack of content, but I just don’t see scum playing this way)
Shiro (haven’t seen much from this slot yet and what’s been said has been very null)

Weak Scum:
Kuroi (evidently does have experience due to the experience requirement. very superficial participation, no pressure. no vote even. skating by)

Strong Scum:
Persivul
Davsto
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'll catch up on this tomorrow. Too tired right now, didn't get around to it today :/
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

@Talah trying too hard player is trying too hard.

I also realized I haven't posted that much. I've tried to get something today but for Christmas, access hasn't been reliable enough. I'll get to it tomorrow.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 219, KuroiXHF wrote:@Talah trying too hard player is trying too hard.

I also realized I haven't posted that much. I've tried to get something today but for Christmas, access hasn't been reliable enough. I'll get to it tomorrow.

I'll be legitimately satisfied with answers to the questions I've asked.

I'm not worried about Christmas and inactivity.
When you eventually get around to it, what do you mean by "trying too hard player is trying too hard"?

Do you think I'm trying too hard? That's an interesting take on things considering I usually RVS-rush on inconsequential bullshit to force serious discussion.
Haven't done that this game. Yet you're saying I'm scummy for it? Somehow?
Add that to your response please.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

Yo.

Guess who? :D
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

Anyway, so I think for this game, I'm gonna try a post-and-go method. By which, I mean, posting reads as I go, but not giving reasoning.

When I'm caught up, I'll give a summary, and from that point on, I'll try to coordinate with talah.

Seems like the best strategy. (May tweak as I go.)
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

Welp.

I'm
pathetically
rusty. (This is what I get for not actively playing games for a couple months.)

The first page didn't give me anything absolutely solid except a minor Frozen Angel townread. :?

Page two gives me a Davsto scumread, though.

Am getting townfeels from Mala on page two and Plotinus's posting wasn't bugging me, either, so that's at least a good start.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 65, Frozen Angel wrote:and I like to see shiro around so no , I won't change my vote atm
^Really like this, btw. Shiro's content (rather, lack thereof) did minorly ping me, but I'm not familiar enough with Shiro for it to actually be a proper scumread.

In post 76, Davsto wrote:We really need to organise some sort of wording to differentiate between referring to The Doctor (character) and a Doctor (protecting role). I know it's not canonically correct, but let's refer to The Doctor (character) as "Doctor Who" all the time, to avoid confusion with the protective role Doctor. Sound good?
talah may prefer to behave in this hydra.

I on the other hand hold little inhibitions. :P

VOTE: Davsto.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”