Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

In post 49, Drixx wrote:
In post 46, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I find drixx's seeming lack of attempt to discuss the actually alignment indicative disturbing.

Now you have my vote for serious.

I very clearly said that either alignment might make a post ensuring it was okay to start the game; however, scum would do so to make a positive impression in people's minds. Since there is no objective way to know just from the original post, I put something in my first post to get reactions.

Thank you for firming up your scummy reaction. You are entirely way too focused on what I'm thinking than you are on trying to interact with people and start to sort them. Your posts reveal a mindset that does not feel town motivated in any way whatsoever.

Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

I just said that I'm scum reading you. On top of that, nowhere did I state that I have "...no intention in sharing those things...", so you are misrepresenting me on multiple levels.

Ding ding ding. We've got scum caught in the first 50 posts.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Drixx »

Oh ... and stop with the buzzword soup. It doesn't impress anyone and it can only confuse actual new players.

Let's push EE to L-1 and see if he keeps flailing at that point. My guess is the more the heat is applied, the more squirming we're going to see.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:49 pm

In post 51, Drixx wrote:I just said that I'm scum reading you. On top of that, nowhere did I state that I have "...no intention in sharing those things...", so you are misrepresenting me on multiple levels.

I didn't say you said that. I said you made that clear when you said your vote for me was real because I called you out for not actually contributing. Who's misrepping?
In post 52, Drixx wrote:Oh ... and stop with the buzzword soup. It doesn't impress anyone and it can only confuse actual new players.

Let's push EE to L-1 and see if he keeps flailing at that point. My guess is the more the heat is applied, the more squirming we're going to see.

I'm explaining them, aren't I? And I'm not using them to impress people, I'm using them because it's easier to say and I post from my phone.

This paragraph is scummy as trash.
1. Not flailing.
2. Pushing to l-1 but not pushing a lynch? Why wouldn't you just lynch me? Are you scum? You going to turn around and call me town at the last minute for some easy town cred?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Drixx »

L-1 is a unique amount of pressure. You find out a lot about someone by how they respond to it. I can't do it alone though. I'm content to let others catch up and see if they agree with me that sorting you would be useful.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Why would not sorting anyone be useful?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:39 pm

In post 54, Drixx wrote:L-1 is a unique amount of pressure. You find out a lot about someone by how they respond to it. I can't do it alone though. I'm content to let others catch up and see if they agree with me that sorting you would be useful.

In post 55, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Why would not sorting anyone be useful?

Serious question, sorry I worded this kinda offensively, I do that a lot on accident and don't notice, so I try to catch it when I do notice.

Did I misinterpret your post? I always thought pushing and sorting everyone is a good idea.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

Thus why I want you at L-1 to see how you react and help me firm my read on you.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:45 pm

In post 57, Drixx wrote:Thus why I want you at L-1 to see how you react and help me firm my read on you.

You must have very interesting games if you have to get everyone up to L-1 to read them.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 58, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 57, Drixx wrote:Thus why I want you at L-1 to see how you react and help me firm my read on you.

You must have very interesting games if you have to get everyone up to L-1 to read them.

I never said I needed to get
everyone
to L-1 to read them.

You
, on the other hand, I would like to pressure as much as possible. Your entire ISO could be legit townie posting or you could be intentionally "misunderstanding" my posts to try and push me.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by Kahlan »

@drixx what do we normally look for when looking for scum?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 42, Kahlan wrote:
In post 38, Usted wrote:However Kahlan I would like to know the same thing EE has asked several times. Why question my vote, but cast the same vote as drixx. Drixx said his vote was for obvious reasons, but I don't see the reason. (Common to vote the person with /first post?)

Drixx, I know your vote was RVS, but why EE?

Well the honest truth is I was in the process of typing out EEs name to vote when Drixx voted before me. I'm very slow at typing ( in the process of practicing :D ) so I just reworded my vote because I thought that was how I was suppose to do in order to show I'm part of the town and who I wanted to vote for was just the same as Drixx. I was asking questions because I though that is what we were suppose to do to wager on if we are voting right or if votes need to be changed. I honestly didn't realize you have already put a reason to your vote. That is why I asked the question. And still voted for who I was using as my RVS vote.

EE, you are misinterpreting part of your case against Kahlan. You said that she was buddying drixx for town cred. She claims to have RVS'd you all on her own and just didn't submit until after drixx made his vote.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:51 pm

In post 61, Usted wrote:
In post 38, Usted wrote:However Kahlan I would like to know the same thing EE has asked several times. Why question my vote, but cast the same vote as drixx. Drixx said his vote was for obvious reasons, but I don't see the reason. (Common to vote the person with /first post?)

Well the honest truth is I was in the process of typing out EEs name to vote when Drixx voted before me. I'm very slow at typing ( in the process of practicing :D ) so I just reworded my vote because I thought that was how I was suppose to do in order to show I'm part of the town and who I wanted to vote for was just the same as Drixx. I was asking questions because I though that is what we were suppose to do to wager on if we are voting right or if votes need to be changed. I honestly didn't realize you have already put a reason to your vote. That is why I asked the question. And still voted for who I was using as my RVS vote.

EE, you are misinterpreting part of your case against Kahlan. You said that she was buddying drixx for town cred. She claims to have RVS'd you all on her own and just didn't submit until after drixx made his vote.

I read through this:
In post 42, Kahlan wrote:I just reworded my vote because I thought that was how I was suppose to do in order to show I'm part of the town and who I wanted to vote for was just the same as Drixx.

as saying she was buddying drixx after seeing preview edit. Am I reading this wrong?
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Kahlan »

In post 62, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 61, Usted wrote:

I read through this:
In post 42, Kahlan wrote:I just reworded my vote because I thought that was how I was suppose to do in order to show I'm part of the town and who I wanted to vote for was just the same as Drixx.

as saying she was buddying drixx after seeing preview edit. Am I reading this wrong?

I probably worded it wrong to begin with because I wasn't budding with Drixx I was just RVS voting and worded the way I did because I was voting for the same person. My wording was not intended to make me look like I was budding up with Drixx even though I was sharing the same vote.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

Hi guys,
It seems like we should be out of RVS so I won't be voting.
For now, I find EE over-analyzing or reaching. Kahlan didn't threaten to vote you because you are voting her. She merely defended herself. But I am not sure if EE's jumping to conclusion is scummy or not so I am not willing to put him at L-1. I find it too early since someone can accidentally (or scum) hammer to end the day early.
I find most others (Usted, Drixx and Kahlan; although I agree with EE that Kahlan uses her newbie card a lot) null except Dominator.
@Dominator Why join the wagon and park your vote if you are V/LA?
FoS: Dominator

I am not voting Dom because he's V/LA and I don't want to push someone who might not be there.

Also, to someone who asked how much experience we have, I don't have much but I have been reading a few games here and played a game here a few months ago but I replaced out due to not having enough time.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 pm

In post 64, newbieinmafia wrote:Hi guys,
It seems like we should be out of RVS so I won't be voting.
For now, I find EE over-analyzing or reaching. Kahlan didn't threaten to vote you because you are voting her. She merely defended herself. But I am not sure if EE's jumping to conclusion is scummy or not so I am not willing to put him at L-1. I find it too early since someone can accidentally (or scum) hammer to end the day early.
I find most others (Usted, Drixx and Kahlan; although I agree with EE that Kahlan uses her newbie card a lot) null except Dominator.
@Dominator Why join the wagon and park your vote if you are V/LA?
FoS: Dominator

I am not voting Dom because he's V/LA and I don't want to push someone who might not be there.

Also, to someone who asked how much experience we have, I don't have much but I have been reading a few games here and played a game here a few months ago but I replaced out due to not having enough time.

FoS instead of Vote is nasty. I don't like how not solid this is on anything. Pretty much no stances taken and no vote.

VOTE: newbieinmafia

Let's go here instead.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

That's fine. I just don't like voting much until later in the day.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by N e s s »

Oh hey this started

whats up
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 51, Drixx wrote:I just said that I'm scum reading you. On top of that, nowhere did I state that I have "...no intention in sharing those things...", so you are misrepresenting me on multiple levels.

This is scummy as all hell.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 68, N e s s wrote:

Why is it scummy?

If you are talking about the second part, as far as I know, being overly confident about having caught scum early is not scummy.
If you have different reason, then I would like to hear it.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 69, newbieinmafia wrote:

Why is it scummy?

If you are talking about the second part, as far as I know, being overly confident about having caught scum early is not scummy.

Yes the second part is scummy.

It just gives me qualms, i should say. I suppose that "all hell" part is a bit of a misinterpretation.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:54 pm

In post 69, newbieinmafia wrote:

Why is it scummy?

Just going to toss my opinion into the mix again here:

Typically I would say confidence is a trait coming most often from town. But the things that set me off are the fact that he followed it up with "get you to L-1 so I can sort you"(not verbatim) which is far from being confident in your read.

Which makes me think his confidence is fake. Which would be scummy.

The other thing about his post that I really don't like is the way he seems to be trying to say I'm misrepresenting him without really presenting examples. And I don't believe I misrepresented him, if I did it was not intentionally, and I would have expected a town ic to understand more newbie players are more likely to make mistakes as well and explain themselves instead of accusing one of misrepping them for vague reasons and following up with a confident claim that they are scum.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by N e s s »

Alright, so i'm not a stranger to mafia. I've played atleast 5 games at this point, so here we go.

Right now i'm seeing 3 possibilitys.

1)Drixx is scum: From that post above, its a bit scummy...but i'm not one to make conclusions usually. He's been posting well so far, and i'm starting to think he's town. Null town.

2)Eagle is scum: seems to be the prime target right now, but yes, i will agree that this is scummy-
Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.

lol, eagle is basically agent hydra right now. If i had to choose anyone in the thread right now, its him. But yeah, this post is him putting words inside drixx's mouth. So, i'm going to cast my vote on him for the time being.

VOTE: Extrapolated Eagle
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by N e s s »

Oh, rip i forgot to do possibility #tres

3)Neither are mafia and are just screwing around.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by N e s s »

The other thing about his post that I really don't like is the way he seems to be trying to say I'm misrepresenting him without really presenting examples. And I don't believe I misrepresented him, if I did it was not intentionally, and I would have expected a town ic to understand more newbie players are more likely to make mistakes as well and explain themselves instead of accusing one of misrepping them for vague reasons and following up with a confident claim that they are scum.

So, whats your opinion of him then? Town or Scum?

Also, why?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”