Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

Yes~
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

also @Drixx, can you address Work's concern in about why you choose to focus on scum motivation but not town motivation when you said the post wasn't alignment indicative. And what would be the town motivation?
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 2
Extrapolated Eagle (3): Drixx, TheDominator37, Workdawg
Drixx (2): Usted, N e s s
N e s s (1): Newbieinmafia
Workdawg (1): Extrapolated Eagle

Not Voting (2)
: Thespio, Kahlan

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)

TheDominator37 is V/LA until Wednesday
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Zar »

looking for a replacement for Thespio, who failed to pick up his role PM
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 151, newbieinmafia wrote:also @Drixx, can you address Work's concern in about why you choose to focus on scum motivation but not town motivation when you said the post wasn't alignment indicative. And what would be the town motivation?

I already said that the town motive would simply be to try and ensure things were clear and it was okay to proceed. Town is uninformed, so anything that provides town with more information is helpful. In the specific case of the post in question asking if it was okay to start ... that struck me as a post that was either completely guileless and genuine or was scum taking advantage of a possible lack of clarity to improve their "profile", if you will.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Spoiler: Double Post
Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA all day today. So my post will probably be a little lengthy. I'll start by answering @EE...

In post 136, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:@Kahlan
What are your thoughts on players this far, especially Drixx?

Also, is English your first language?

Yes my first language is English but as I stated before this is my first game and first time playing on a forum. I'm not saying that to be defensive just stating a fact so you know where I'm coming from in my gaming experience . I don't do well typing on my phone to begin with so if some of my post are confusing or aren't making any sense I apologize. I will try to re-read my post before I send them out. Now on to my thoughts on the players...

After much thought here is what I'm thinking..
Drixx in my opinion is not scum. Even after a few comments that made him look scummy I didnt think they stacked that much against him to make him scum. I just think EE was trying to make him look scummy because Drixx had voted for him. Of course I could be wrong in my thinking because I'm still learning how to play.

Now EE. I so badly want to think he is scum because he has done so much to make him seem scummy. The truth is right now I don't think he really is scum. I just think he is trying to save his own skin and not die the best way he know how and that is to pull attention to himself and take down anyone who votes against him. Granted he seems to change his vote a bit and it tends to always be towards the ones who vote for him. Instead of looking for the actual people who are scum. It's almost like a defense mechanism. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

Newbie and Usted arent giving me a scum feeling either yet. They have also made a few valid points here and there.
In post 147, newbieinmafia wrote:@EE - I understand what you mean but I find it worrying that you find half the players scummy and that you said you read posts in "scummiest light" on day 1. atm, my guts say you are not scum though
because scum probably won't want to stand out so much

I think Newbie had a good point here. Scum probably wouldn't stand out as much as EE is.

The Dom I dont know yet if he is town or scum. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Ness- I'm getting a little scum reading off of ness. Here is why I feel he is scum:
Ness was so sure EE was scum that he voted for him almost immediately when he started to post. He continue to try and take EE down. Im not sure if he just gave up or figured he wasnt going to get his scummy ways past EE. Its probably why he moved on to Drixx.
In post 102, N e s s wrote:
In post 101, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:That's me not admitting I misinterpreted him. That's me saying I worded it in a way that was apparently confusing the first time because everyone was misinterpreting me.

but you're right. If you are on the same page as me as you claim and you read all of that correctly, then you're either stupid or intentionally misrepresenting me. However. Since it is very apparent that you aren't understanding a word I write, I'm going to excuse your ignorance and move on with my life.

PEdit: playstyle talk was at Ness, newbie

@kahlan I push reads my way because that's how I know to push reads.

Pedit 2. My posts are treating you like a complete idiot to mafia because you're completely misinterpreting almost every word I say and then insisting that you understand completely when you say we're on the same page.

And ironic, isn't it, that you get mad at me because you think I talk to you like an idiot, yet you speak to me sarcastically. Yes. I know what pushing is. I have done the most of it since the game started out of any one player. Again the irony strikes, because one reason you are pushing me seems to be because I am pushing my reads.

Pedit 3. So... In other words I've called two out of the four people who have put their vote on me scum, and one person who hasn't? I'm sorry, where's the pattern here? And weren't we just talking about how I was pushing reads and my questions don't lead anywhere? So how am I asking questions if I'm only calling people who vote me scum?

*sighs*
yeah, neither of us are getting anywhere with this constant argueing. I'm just going to put you as FoS.
But, i like these responses. I'm just going to move on from you for now.

VOTE: Unvote

why after all those post trying to make EE look like scum he just Sighs and changes his mind about EE being scum then just make him FoS but then almost immediately starts to go after Drixx? Who by the way is another easy target. When Ness came into the game Votes where already stack against EE and Drixx making them easy target for scum to make look bad in order to make himself not look scummy.

In post 137, N e s s wrote:Excuse me usted-

if i'm a "scummer",
why would i call out both Drixx and EE when i started posting?

My thoughts pretty much answer this post. He called them out because they were easy targets in order to make himself look like a townie.

Although I think Ness could be Scum I think Workdawg is probably my top pick for scum so far and I have a few reasons... reason one which take us all the way back to the beginning when Usted voted for him.
In post 14, Usted wrote:I believe the game starts now,
VOTE: workdawg

That sig.
Granted at the time I did get a little confused but I see for what it truly was/is. Workdawg sig is very interesting. The fact that it make him look like he enjoy playing scum and feel cocky or maybe over confide in his skills to play scum.
My other reason for which I believe he is scum is this comment he made...
In post 139, Workdawg wrote:Alright, this is going to be a few posts, because I have a lot of thoughts.

First off, some smaller, one-off thoughts...
In post 88, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 86, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Ok. What do you think of kahlan and that whole interaction?

Her and Drixx: they don't seem like a scum team because she probably would have ask her questions in mafia PT.

This is actually a very dangerous assumption, if she (Kahlan) is scum she SHOULD be asking all her questions in this thread to make sure that she looks like a newb so that any potential slips would be viewed as potential newb tells and not scum tells

I feel Newbieinmafia had very valid point especially for a newbie game. I think workdawg gives a scummy response. First off this is a newbie game is it not? isn't the point to ask questions to get familiar with the game? and what newbie or I should say a newbie with little to no experience in this game would even think of posting questions in the thread like how workdawg has stated would be what he think he is in the mind set of a scum. He is basically set this 'Dangerous Assumption' up to hurt the town because how are we ever going to be safe to ask questions if we are accused of being scum when we ask questions. This statement just rubs me the wrong way. It is why for now I VOTE: workdawg

It is late for me where I am so I probably wont respond back until later. :D

~. Double Post Spoilered at Kahlan's request. Vote acknowledged. ~.Zar
Last edited by Zar on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by Kahlan »

Oops!! I was logged in under my husbands account :lol: :eek: :facepalm: Please know I'm sorry for the mistake! I will make sure I post under my name from now on.

In post 155, ProHawk wrote:Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA all day today. So my post will probably be a little lengthy. I'll start by answering @EE...

In post 136, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:@Kahlan
What are your thoughts on players this far, especially Drixx?

Also, is English your first language?

Yes my first language is English but as I stated before this is my first game and first time playing on a forum. I'm not saying that to be defensive just stating a fact so you know where I'm coming from in my gaming experience . I don't do well typing on my phone to begin with so if some of my post are confusing or aren't making any sense I apologize. I will try to re-read my post before I send them out. Now on to my thoughts on the players...

After much thought here is what I'm thinking..
Drixx in my opinion is not scum. Even after a few comments that made him look scummy I didnt think they stacked that much against him to make him scum. I just think EE was trying to make him look scummy because Drixx had voted for him. Of course I could be wrong in my thinking because I'm still learning how to play.

Now EE. I so badly want to think he is scum because he has done so much to make him seem scummy. The truth is right now I don't think he really is scum. I just think he is trying to save his own skin and not die the best way he know how and that is to pull attention to himself and take down anyone who votes against him. Granted he seems to change his vote a bit and it tends to always be towards the ones who vote for him. Instead of looking for the actual people who are scum. It's almost like a defense mechanism. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

Newbie and Usted arent giving me a scum feeling either yet. They have also made a few valid points here and there.
In post 147, newbieinmafia wrote:@EE - I understand what you mean but I find it worrying that you find half the players scummy and that you said you read posts in "scummiest light" on day 1. atm, my guts say you are not scum though
because scum probably won't want to stand out so much

I think Newbie had a good point here. Scum probably wouldn't stand out as much as EE is.

The Dom I dont know yet if he is town or scum. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Ness- I'm getting a little scum reading off of ness. Here is why I feel he is scum:
Ness was so sure EE was scum that he voted for him almost immediately when he started to post. He continue to try and take EE down. Im not sure if he just gave up or figured he wasnt going to get his scummy ways past EE. Its probably why he moved on to Drixx.
In post 102, N e s s wrote:
In post 101, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:That's me not admitting I misinterpreted him. That's me saying I worded it in a way that was apparently confusing the first time because everyone was misinterpreting me.

but you're right. If you are on the same page as me as you claim and you read all of that correctly, then you're either stupid or intentionally misrepresenting me. However. Since it is very apparent that you aren't understanding a word I write, I'm going to excuse your ignorance and move on with my life.

Pedit 2. My posts are treating you like a complete idiot to mafia because you're completely misinterpreting almost every word I say and then insisting that you understand completely when you say we're on the same page.

And ironic, isn't it, that you get mad at me because you think I talk to you like an idiot, yet you speak to me sarcastically. Yes. I know what pushing is. I have done the most of it since the game started out of any one player. Again the irony strikes, because one reason you are pushing me seems to be because I am pushing my reads.

Pedit 3. So... In other words I've called two out of the four people who have put their vote on me scum, and one person who hasn't? I'm sorry, where's the pattern here? And weren't we just talking about how I was pushing reads and my questions don't lead anywhere? So how am I asking questions if I'm only calling people who vote me scum?

*sighs*
yeah, neither of us are getting anywhere with this constant argueing. I'm just going to put you as FoS.
But, i like these responses. I'm just going to move on from you for now.

VOTE: Unvote

why after all those post trying to make EE look like scum he just Sighs and changes his mind about EE being scum then just make him FoS but then almost immediately starts to go after Drixx? Who by the way is another easy target. When Ness came into the game Votes where already stack against EE and Drixx making them easy target for scum to make look bad in order to make himself not look scummy.

In post 137, N e s s wrote:Excuse me usted-

if i'm a "scummer",
why would i call out both Drixx and EE when i started posting?

My thoughts pretty much answer this post. He called them out because they were easy targets in order to make himself look like a townie.

Although I think Ness could be Scum I think Workdawg is probably my top pick for scum so far and I have a few reasons... reason one which take us all the way back to the beginning when Usted voted for him.
In post 14, Usted wrote:I believe the game starts now,
VOTE: workdawg

That sig.
Granted at the time I did get a little confused but I see for what it truly was/is. Workdawg sig is very interesting. The fact that it make him look like he enjoy playing scum and feel cocky or maybe over confide in his skills to play scum.
My other reason for which I believe he is scum is this comment he made...
In post 139, Workdawg wrote:Alright, this is going to be a few posts, because I have a lot of thoughts.

First off, some smaller, one-off thoughts...
In post 88, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 86, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Ok. What do you think of kahlan and that whole interaction?

Her and Drixx: they don't seem like a scum team because she probably would have ask her questions in mafia PT.

This is actually a very dangerous assumption, if she (Kahlan) is scum she SHOULD be asking all her questions in this thread to make sure that she looks like a newb so that any potential slips would be viewed as potential newb tells and not scum tells

I feel Newbieinmafia had very valid point especially for a newbie game. I think workdawg gives a scummy response. First off this is a newbie game is it not? isn't the point to ask questions to get familiar with the game? and what newbie or I should say a newbie with little to no experience in this game would even think of posting questions in the thread like how workdawg has stated would be what he think he is in the mind set of a scum. He is basically set this 'Dangerous Assumption' up to hurt the town because how are we ever going to be safe to ask questions if we are accused of being scum when we ask questions. This statement just rubs me the wrong way. It is why for now I VOTE: workdawg

It is late for me where I am so I probably wont respond back until later. :D

~~~. Since this is a quote of a double post, I will acknowledge the vote. Bear in mind for other instances that votes inside quotes or spoiler tags do not count. ~.Zar
Last edited by Zar on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:15 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

I feel like a lot of the things said in Kahlans post didn't happen in the game thread I read. So, I'm going to reread after and get back to this post. But for now,

UNVOTE:

Kahlan I think wd was trying to say that it's bad to assume that because one person asks newbie questions in the thread and another person answers them that those two people are not scum together. I read his post as saying not that it was scummy to ask newbie questions, but that it was not alignment indicative whatsoever, a statement I wholeheartedly agree with.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Zar »

soulmonarch replaces Thespio.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 3
Extrapolated Eagle (3): Drixx, TheDominator37, Workdawg
Drixx (2): Usted, N e s s
N e s s (1): Newbieinmafia
Workdawg (1): Kahlan

Not Voting (2)
: soulmonarch, Extrapolated Eagle

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)

TheDominator37 is V/LA until Wednesday
Show

newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:56 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

@Kahlan - even though I said scum probably wouldn't want to stand out much, it's pretty weak reasoning, which is why I attribute it to gut feeling.
also, I think you are misunderstanding workdawg's post. and his sig is not alignment indicative~ he will have that sig whether he drew town or scum.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:09 am

Post by N e s s »

*trys to hold back laughter*
*can't*
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQSsrvsszcs[/youtube]

I'm a Vanilla townie and you should all just take my word for it~I don't see either of them as an easy target, i just saw either one as scummers. Both were argueing and both have made a few things that stuck out to me so far, so thats why i went after them.

I also don't see how me making a RQS is scummy? It was supposed to help us get somewhere because all that was happening at the time was pointless rambling. I'm not here to cover my butt, thats the truth.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 am

Post by N e s s »

And newbie, care to explain the vote on me?
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:13 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

everyone can say they are townie but that doesn't mean anything.
I already explained my vote in .
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 163, newbieinmafia wrote:everyone can say they are townie but that doesn't mean anything.
I already explained my vote in .

Soooo because i voted for someone because i was busy hosting my own mafia game makes me scummy? :?: :?: :?:
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:16 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

No it's not because you voted for someone. It's the way you voted.

And it's not helping the town if you claim VT (vanilla townie) when you don't need to. It's only helping scum because you are giving them more information.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:18 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 165, newbieinmafia wrote:No it's not because you voted for someone. It's the way you voted.

And it's not helping the town if you claim VT (vanilla townie) when you don't need to. It's only helping scum because you are giving them more information.

What way did i vote? All i did was vote for who i thought was scum. I've already give plenty of reasons why i think its either Drixx or EE.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:21 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

okay then, I will put my explanation in question form.
1. Why did you not vote Drixx when you call him out for being scummy?
2. What makes you go from Drixx being null town (you said it in ) to scum?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:42 am

Post by N e s s »

1) If i remind you that in post 72 that i called out both EE and Drixx. i placed Drixx as Null town at the time because of him only say 1 thing that rubbed me the wrong way. Let me quote post 72 for reference.

In post 72, N e s s wrote:Alright, so i'm not a stranger to mafia. I've played atleast 5 games at this point, so here we go.

Right now i'm seeing 3 possibilitys.

1)Drixx is scum: From that post above, its a bit scummy...but i'm not one to make conclusions usually. He's been posting well so far, and i'm starting to think he's town. Null town.

2)Eagle is scum: seems to be the prime target right now, but yes, i will agree that this is scummy-
Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.

lol, eagle is basically agent hydra right now. If i had to choose anyone in the thread right now, its him. But yeah, this post is him putting words inside drixx's mouth. So, i'm going to cast my vote on him for the time being.

VOTE: Extrapolated Eagle

Alright, so its obvious i called out both-but who am i calling out more? EE, thats who. I was considering voting for Drixx because of post 58, it was like i said making me grit my teeth a bit. But, when EE put words in Drixx's mouth it made me think EE is scummier. EE was making things look scum when it really isn't, and his posts weren't going anywhere. That is, when he started to prove me wrong. I liked his responses towards me, and i thought of it as alright. This is subtly what did it.

That's me not admitting I misinterpreted him. That's me saying I worded it in a way that was apparently confusing the first time because everyone was misinterpreting me.

2)After i got some town vibes from EE, i decided to simply go with my 2nd choice, Drixx. I didn't like how he was presuring EE so hard, these are some examples.
Oh ... and stop with the buzzword soup. It doesn't impress anyone and it can only confuse actual new players.

Let's push EE to L-1 and see if he keeps flailing at that point. My guess is the more the heat is applied, the more squirming we're going to see.

Ding ding ding. We've got scum caught in the first 50 posts.

but once I'm indisputably proven town by my flip, the town should be in good position to breeze through this. I haven't seen a more blatant rescue and counter wagon in a long long time.

Drixx clearly keeps blantly implying that he's town, and thats giving me qualms. The reason i went after EE is reasons previously stated, but now i'm starting to think that its drixx.

That should answer your 2 questions, but i'm probably going to look like scum no matter what i say right now.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 160, newbieinmafia wrote:@Kahlan - even though I said scum probably wouldn't want to stand out much, it's pretty weak reasoning, which is why I attribute it to gut feeling.
also, I think you are misunderstanding workdawg's post. and his sig is not alignment indicative~ he will have that sig whether he drew town or scum.

Okay it should be clear to everyone by now that I don't have as much as experience in this game. This is my actual first game and it's a little hard for me to keep up with everyone. I still stand by my vote for now. @newbie and @ee wither or not if he was drawn as scum his sig has to have some significance. In my mind it probably has some personal significance to him and who he is as a person because if it didn't then why keep the signature? Granted that is not a big reason to call him out as scum that is why I had my second reason. Now what I'm gathering is most of you agree with workdawg statement but I still don't. In my mind he is saying that to create doubt in the town. Now everyone will zero in on the newbies asking question sincere or not. Even if you don't plan to do it and you don't see anything wrong with what workdawg said you will probably analyze every question asked by a newbie to find a deeper hidden message that might not be there. Just how EE did to me in the beginning.. He analyzed every one of my question and then accused me of budding with Drixx and being scum because I was asking questions as a newbie that I needed answered.. Alright in this game I figured we are suppose to break down and analyze our follow townies in order to find scum but isn't scums job to create doubt and confusion in our minds. For now I still feel like he is scum and I feel like his mind set is that of scums.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:35 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 169, Kahlan wrote:
In post 160, newbieinmafia wrote:@Kahlan - even though I said scum probably wouldn't want to stand out much, it's pretty weak reasoning, which is why I attribute it to gut feeling.

Okay it should be clear to everyone by now that I don't have as much as experience in this game. This is my actual first game and it's a little hard for me to keep up with everyone. I still stand by my vote for now. @newbie and @ee wither or not if he was drawn as scum his sig has to have some significance. In my mind it probably has some personal significance to him and who he is as a person because if it didn't then why keep the signature? Granted that is not a big reason to call him out as scum that is why I had my second reason. Now what I'm gathering is most of you agree with workdawg statement but I still don't. In my mind he is saying that to create doubt in the town. Now everyone will zero in on the newbies asking question sincere or not. Even if you don't plan to do it and you don't see anything wrong with what workdawg said you will probably analyze every question asked by a newbie to find a deeper hidden message that might not be there. Just how EE did to me in the beginning.. He analyzed every one of my question and then accused me of budding with Drixx and being scum because I was asking questions as a newbie that I needed answered.. Alright in this game I figured we are suppose to break down and analyze our follow townies in order to find scum but isn't scums job to create doubt and confusion in our minds. For now I still feel like he is scum and I feel like his mind set is that of scums.

He accused you of budding? :?

I need to read back, i don't remember seeing that
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 am

Post by N e s s »

To me it doesn't seem like Kahlan was budding at all, it just looks like typical RVS.
soulmonarch
soulmonarch
Goon
soulmonarch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 am

Post by soulmonarch »

Hello town!

I just replaced in but I've more or less caught up on events to this point. It's obvious that RVS has long past, so I guess I don't get to use the good old Magic Eight Ball to make decisions for me. *sob* You'll find me posting at LEAST once a day and likely a fair bit more. I try and shoot for content posts, rather than a bunch of short one liners in quick succession.

Since I'm the new arrival, it's only to provide some kind of list of my impressions so far. It don't really have a read list just yet... but a few people have really stuck out so far:

------

Kahlan:

I have have found most of the interactions around Kahlan very interesting, but the situation with EE right at the start really set the tone. EE jumps on her fast and early for a very minor noob move and doesn't let up pressure until he is forced to deal with Drixx. She has one quote that really sticks out to me:

In post 107, Kahlan wrote:
...clearly I can't be a newbie in a newbie game.

This feels genuine to me, at least. Town seems likely. It would take some serious talent to pull off a long con this way.

Extrapolated Eagle:

Holy aggressive player, Batman! Or overly defensive? *shrug* Could be either.

Throws his vote around like it's a hot potato. Most (all?) of his votes have been OMGUS, though he always tries to provide additional reasoning for it. Only player he has not had it out with yet is Usted, it seems. (Can't count Dom or myself, obviously.) His voting history and timing feel scummy. His logic loopholes (examples with Ness and Drixx especially) are slightly scummy. And yet -- I can't get over how how rediculously aggressive and easy to offend he is. No scum player would do that, right?

Drixx:

No, I don't find starting a wagon on EE to be scummy. However, I do think he pulled his punches on the reaction test very early, which is a little weird. He reasoning on his scumhunting has been solid so far. In fact, the one thing that makes me suspicious is that I know I'm reading him a little bit town due to his good logic and effective hunting.

Ness:

The early scumtell on Drixx in seemed out of place. Dropping his argument with EE in seemed a little weird to me. So did the Drixx vote in . I feel like these are valuable information, but don't have the pieces put together yet.

Usted:

One interaction stands out: In he straight up explains Drixx's logic, which feels like a bad move for scum. (Since they have daytalk, at least.) But then he follows up directly with a Drixx / Ness team explaination, which totally makes the prior post look like a (badly-executed) setup. It seems like it could have just been a joke, but it stuck out in my mind. nonetheless.

------

Workdawg, Newbie, I have nothing to say about you guys just yet. (Sorry. :P) Dom is still V/LA, of course.

So I've seen the Usted / EE team postulated, but that just seems waaaaay too obvious. And the Drixx / Ness idea from earlier just didn't strike me right either, unless it's a really long con. (Hey, it could happen.)

But you know what would be kind of amazing? Ness / EE. It they didn't have daytalk, I probably would not even suggest it. But I think with the right coordination it could happen. If nothing else, it would at least resolve the issues I cannot explain about either of them.

There... have I stirred the pot enough?
[i]"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."[/i]
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 170, N e s s wrote:
In post 169, Kahlan wrote:

He accused you of budding? :?

I need to read back, i don't remember seeing that

@ness here is the post.. In which he accused me of budding with drixx and usted.
In post 48, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 47, Kahlan wrote:
1. Your scumdar must be picking up what your dishing out. I could probably ask you the same question
2.There were three votes against you why did you pick me?
Before all of my other post you picked me..Like I have said before I'm newbie to all of this so I vote how I thought I was suppose to vote by picking someone. I didn't really have a reason other then your name just popped out to me.
3.I figured once we got our conversation going my vote would change as more facts came to light but instead 3.5. I'm getting hounded by you because I had voted for you and didn't change my vote.
If you haven't notice I have unvoted but it seems like you can let it go.
4. Like your trying to distract others from you or trying to make me look bad because I'm new. 5. Am I just an easy target?

(Bolded and numbered to make responding easier)
1. What does this even mean? Ask me what question?

2. I didn't vote you because you voted for me. I already explained why I voted for you.

3. Implies your vote wouldn't change merely because I'm voting for you/hounding you. This is scummy. The term for it is OMGUS which stands for "oh my gosh you suck" and is scummy because here you somewhat threaten to vote me again if I don't stop voting/hounding you to get stop voting you.

3.5 I have already explained why I voted you and it has little to do with the fact that you're voting me.

- You sheep drixx (follow his vote with no reasoning of your own)
- You ask usted for reasoning behind a vote he already provided without providing reasoning of your own
- You say you follow drixx to make people think you're town
- You get incredibly defensive instead of going aggressive which shows you care more about staying alive than you do about finding scum
- You call yourself an easy target (defensive)
- You repeatedly claim newb (defensive)
- You threaten to vote me because I am voting you
-
You buddy drixx and usted

4. Me pushing you attracts attention to me, not pushing it away.

5. Ew. This, too, pings scumdar
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Workdawg »

Alright, I'm back with my ISO on Ness / the Drixx wagon.

I'm more or less rehashing what newbie says in post 144 but I said I'd provide my thoughts, so here we are.

Posts 68 and 70: Ness calls Drixx's comment "scummy as hell".
Post 72: Ness gives Drixx a Null town read. This isn't necessarily strange. His justification is that the rest of Drixx's posts have been fine, just that one comment was scummy. One scummy thing does not a scum make, so I'm okay with the read despite the comments. He also says the EE might be scum with the same justification as everyone else. Votes EE because of that. Again, not a big deal IMO.
... a bunch of posts where they (Ness and EE) go back and forth...
Post 102: They make up and Ness unvotes. He's "moving on" from EE.
... they go back and forth a little bit more anyway...
Post 122: Votes for Drixx for seemingly no reason. It was right after Drixx got on EE's case again about the same stuff. Drixx also says the Ness' RQS is a waste of time since we are out of the RVS/RQS stage already. That fact makes it seem maybe a tiny bit like OMGUS since it was literally 2 minutes after Drixx's post, but from what I can tell, Ness hasn't commented about the scumminess of anyone but those two.

So that's it. The curious thing to me is that there's really nothing that happens between when Ness unvotes and when he then votes for Drixx. EXCEPT, as newbie points out, a wagon on Drixx appears out of no where. Usted puts the first vote down after seemingly presenting a case against Drixx. Not 20 minutes later EE jumps on the wagon as well. Then not 20 minutes later AGAIN Ness is on board. That is quite remarkable. Almost all of the posts in that 40 minutes were people answering the RQS, there's very little, if any content to actually analyze or that could contain tells (at least IMO). It really does reek of Ness wagon hopping.

Another thing that I noticed is that Ness was the 3rd person on EE's wagon as well. Further enforcing the theory of his wagon hopping. Was Ness bussing/distancing himself from EE when the heat was on, and then now they wagon together on Drixx, the next target? It's interesting to me that they just made up so easily despite the fact that EE made some genuinely scummy moves.
Minor FOS on Ness
. I still like EE right now though so my vote stays.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”