Mini 1749: Classic Rock Mafia: Game Over!

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:05 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

will consider making a VC every page.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:20 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 494, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't like Taly's vote. I don't like Dwlee's posts before replacing out. I don't like Mathilda delaying an unvote on MattP. Stop playing games, guys. We should lynch radja, Taly, or Firebringer.

I am having flash backs to the WC3 game...
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Lowell »

Mathilda wrote:
In post 474, MattP wrote:Anyway here is who I want lynched VOTE: Mathilda

Omgus? Or are you going to attempt an explanation? Maybe try building a case against me and give me a chance to defend myself. That doesn't help me so much as help everyone else because it generates information. If we all just vote for each other without any explanation or defence then we won't learn anything after the flip.

As it stands it looks like you've selected one person that you want rid of for whatever reason and have become fixated on achieving that.
In post 496, Mathilda wrote:Say you are vigilante and if you use your skill at night in the early part of the game then you are more likely to hit town than scum. Do you:

a) Not use your skill until you are sure that you are going to kill scum
b) Use your skill every night but out yourself so that you can attract the night kill.

Why would you choose b) over a) ?

First, I believe the Matt claim, and (basically) his logic for doing it. Having a vig, and BEING a vig, is a mixed bag, and his claim would be unnecessarily risky for an SK.

These quotes, together, are interesting to me. Two consecutive passive-aggressive ways to say "hey vig, um, don't kill me please" without saying as much or offering alternatives. Perhaps Mathilda is just a calmer, cooler character than me, but if it were me, and vig claimed and then announced he wanted me dead I'd be like, "Oh Effin Hell No, dumbass! Kill these 3 dipshits instead!" Unless of course I were scum, and didn't want to (a) offend the claimed vig directly, or (b) risk getting in a fight with other players.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:36 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 498, Mathilda wrote:
In post 497, Albert B. Rampage wrote:its simple. town kills, then scum kill. scum will always kill town. town may kill town or scum. you add a vig and its like town gets an extra lynch. more town kills = good.

But the lynches give us information about who voted, when they voted, whether they were opportunistic or jumped off the wagon at the last moment, whether they were pointing a FoS at someone but not voting etc. This is why day one lynches are useful even though we are more likely to kill town. Vigilante kills only give us information from the flip. This is why they are anti-town.

A vigilante should avoid using their ability until they are confident of hitting scum.

I even missed this one. This is an implausible, and desperate, argument. ABR answered this completely, so I won't dwell, but this would be obviously, intuitively wrong to anyone with a town role.

But I'm game. Let's lynch her instead.

UNVOTE: iraon
VOTE: mathilda
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Taly »

Ooh, this game is picking up.

But really... Why do people call me out for not voting but then when I vote, people take issue with it? :igmeou: ABR, I'd like to see how my vote was bad...

Dwlee replacing out looks extremely scummy, Fire; I'd like to hear your thoughts beyond Aero - and why exactly Aero is scum?

The Matt claim is believable for reasons already stated - plus, I kind of feel somewhat similar to him atm. >_> FA's recent posts give me an ewww taste in my mouth; but I'm not entirely sure of the read here... I am very suspicious of ABR and FA together but I can still see them both being town.

@Ira
Your last post towards me makes sense now. I had doubts of my scumread on you because your thought process rang as genuine. I wanted you to explain yourself a bit more in depth and the push for wagons is town-motivated.

UNVOTE:

Matt's naked vote is just meh like any other. :/ Not liking Mathilda's reaction here.

In post 444, Mathilda wrote:
In post 440, Dierfire wrote:
@Mathida

Who is Mafia?

Honestly I don't really know. I'm sort of hanging back and trying to see if anything rings my scumdar but not much is. But I can give you my feels at the present moment.

MattP and Garmr are interesting to me though. I am not familiar with MattP but he seems rather cocky, which can be read as being defensive. Garmr is burrowing into him like an African parasite but is that because Garmr is town and is also suspicious of him or is it because he's a scum buddy distancing himself from MattP? I have played with Garmr before and I don't remember him like this. He was scum in Mini 1741 but the whole game was a mess with one scum outing all his buddies and the game should have been scrapped rather than played out. So it's no wonder that Garmr was less active in that game. Overall though I am getting a town vibe from Garmr.

So the only one I'm happy voting for at the moment is MattP. In fact, I think I'll do that right now.

VOTE: MattP

You have anything that's pinging you now? Other than Matt...

In post 486, Mathilda wrote:
In post 474, MattP wrote:Anyway here is who I want lynched VOTE: Mathilda

Omgus? Or are you going to attempt an explanation? Maybe try building a case against me and give me a chance to defend myself. That doesn't help me so much as help everyone else because it generates information. If we all just vote for each other without any explanation or defence then we won't learn anything after the flip.

As it stands it looks like you've selected one person that you want rid of for whatever reason and have become fixated on achieving that.

The OMGUSing conclusion does not feel good to me. The vibe I get from Mathilda's general post here is that they're narrating something versus genuine thinking.

Also, turning Matt's vote out to be 'fixated on ridding someone' is sketchy as fuck. It's a vote.

I want Fire to bring more content and post more before I do something with him.

VOTE: Mathilda
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

@ABR I'm still waiting for your answers. being like him to show how easy that is for scum literally proves nothing :|

I'm totally lost with this vig claim. I think we need to give matt imanuity for this night

@Taly ha?!! why because I'm voting with ABR on same slot?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:39 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Okay. MattP is cleared. Albert B leans town too.

It is very possible to Lynch scum this day. Perhaps MattP can vig another likely scum that same night.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:41 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Mathilda, Dwlee, Dierfire need to die. All of them. No mercy.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

You don't wanna give a chance to FB ?

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:59 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

No. Chop his head off.

No mercy.

Let's be extreme.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:02 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

lol

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:10 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

But I am fine with lynching Dierfire or Mathilda first.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Dierfire »

@Radja

In post 443, Radja wrote:How are you reading Frozen Angel?

With difficulty! The language issue is throwing me off somewhat. I thought that the reaction to Matt's claim was consistent with her stated inexperience and suspicion of Matt.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Dierfire »

Mathilda's seems odd to me because the read on Garmr presupposes that Matt is Mafia. It's also unclear to me whether Mathilda believes Matt's claim, because she's discussing theory but left her vote on. Then Garmr replaces his vote in , although he hasn't posted since the claim.

I believe the claim enough that I want MattP to survive the day.

I don't really know what to think about the Dwlee/Firebringer slot. I've only seen Dwlee as Mafia in previous games, and my superficial read of his other games didn't turn up any differentiation between style and alignment. I guess that I'll wait for Firebringer to catch up.

I sort of liked ABR's posts on returning, but reading through them I'm having difficulty deciding why. Something about them suggests motivation to move and solve the game.

Aw, and now Taly is calling Firebringer "Fire" so I'm going to keep thinking that he's talking to me.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Dierfire »

In post 504, Taly wrote:@Ira Your last post towards me makes sense now. I had doubts of my scumread on you because your thought process rang as genuine. I wanted you to explain yourself a bit more in depth and the push for wagons is town-motivated.

This doesn't sound genuine to me. There were reasons to vote for Ira, but none of them were answered by .

@Taly

What was your reasoning to vote Ira in the first place?

@Ira

In post 481, iraonavp wrote:Also, Direfire, I didn't need to give an explanation for my vote because of how self-explanatory it was. Nobody else even called me out the fact that I voted you without having interacted with or even mentioned you in even the wslightest capacity, either, since you
ere
such obvious scum.

Your vote was wrong, though, and I called you out for voting me without mentioning me! So I would like you to explain your read on me.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Taly »

In post 505, Frozen Angel wrote:@ABR I'm still waiting for your answers. being like him to show how easy that is for scum literally proves nothing :|

I'm totally lost with this vig claim. I think we need to give matt imanuity for this night

@Taly ha?!! why because I'm voting with ABR on same slot?

Well, that. And I'm still trying to figure out how to read you to in retrospect of our previous game.... :igmeou:

Furthermore, I've said this before - I don't generate accurate or stable reads on people in D1.

In post 513, Dierfire wrote:Aw, and now Taly is calling Firebringer "Fire" so I'm going to keep thinking that he's talking to me.

I'll just say FB for convenience then. But I feel like I'm talking about Facebook.... o_o...

In post 514, Dierfire wrote:
In post 504, Taly wrote:@Ira Your last post towards me makes sense now. I had doubts of my scumread on you because your thought process rang as genuine. I wanted you to explain yourself a bit more in depth and the push for wagons is town-motivated.

This doesn't sound genuine to me. There were reasons to vote for Ira, but none of them were answered by .

Not quite.

I had my own thinking on Ira if you're talking about reasons other people voted her.

In terms of the main posts that led to my vote on Ira;

I suspected Ira for how she reacted to the miller claim in saying that everyone should ignore except for cops. she clarified that cops should take notice as to not check there, which showed that she understood the intent and help of the claim.

The other point was that was in general a post I wasn't sure about, where she took note of Radja and saying he had formed a wagon on himself but did nothing to achieve the goal.

I pushed, and in her reply, she stated the use of what wagons could be - which I agreed with, as well as Radja's push on ABR not being very helpful.

In post 514, Dierfire wrote:
@Taly

What was your reasoning to vote Ira in the first place?

Several reasons.

1)
- Certainty. I ISOed Ira and I found posts that rang as town-motivated to me, at the same time - some other posts caught my attention and made me think that she might be scum and I wanted to enforce a vote and push there.
2)
- Not having a vote or push is not helpful. I got what I wanted to know from my point on Ira and that's good.
3)
- In part, I wanted to see how people interacted with the Ira wagon, particularly by the time I placed my vote there.

To be thorough, reasons I unvoted Ira:

1)
Matt's claim makes me want to re-evaluate my reads, since I considered him as scum. Seeing how people reacted to the claim *cough* Mathilda, that's what led me to changing.
2)
I didn't take issue with Ira's response to me. Whether she side-stepped me or was genuine, it felt real. Plus, other people should eat rope moreso than Ira atm.

>>>
If you don't understand, then I'll just re-iterate or you ask me more questions.

AI - I agree with the pool of people you created on flips we should see. Provided 1 is lynched there, and another is vigged - that could be very helpful going into D2.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 515, Taly wrote:I'll just say FB for convenience then. But I feel like I'm talking about Facebook.... o_o...

I will direct you to a link of facebook each time you say "FB" :)
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by MattP »

Taly over-explains things ad nauseam
SlappyKrust
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Garmr »

matt p shows survivorlistic traits I think his probably the sk with that claim don't care through mafia should deal with him. I refuse to accept him as town.

UNVOTE: mattp
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 505, Frozen Angel wrote:@ABR I'm still waiting for your answers. being like him to show how easy that is for scum literally proves nothing

I owe you nothing. Expect nothing.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

AI you are still voting Dierfire for defending MattP, do I have that right?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 518, Garmr wrote:matt p shows survivorlistic traits I think his probably the sk with that claim don't care through mafia should deal with him. I refuse to accept him as town.

It makes me feel so good to know I could vig you

Not that I will

But man it feels so sweet
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by MattP »

I actually think that every time I've ever been tunneled like this as town in the last maybe 2 years the person doing it was scum

But outside of your miserable tunnel you seem pretty town

Such a terrible shame
SlappyKrust
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 521, MattP wrote:
In post 518, Garmr wrote:matt p shows survivorlistic traits I think his probably the sk with that claim don't care through mafia should deal with him. I refuse to accept him as town.

It makes me feel so good to know I could vig you

Not that I will

But man it feels so sweet

You can if you want to I don't really care to much because you'll just end up chocking on those words as much as Pamela Anderson chokes on coc coc cocktails :roll:
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by MattP »

Hey Garmr, mb you should vote someone
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”