Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:30 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

Even though I started it, I also found Ness wagon a bit weird.

Read-list: (this is where I am at right now- most of the stuff are what I have talked about before; would probably need to reread when I have time)

Ness
: newbtown or scum. Despite my vote, I am actually leaning toward newbtown, which is why I am also not that comfortable about Ness wagon. His claim and defense seems like something newbtown would do. His thought process seemed like how I played my first game.

EE
: I like his read list and he's been pretty consistent.

Work
: I like that he points out some of the things I find iffy but wasn't sure what it was. Also he explained about my ness vote better than I do.

Drixx
: I don't like that he is not sharing much of his thoughts, so I can't really read him.

Kahlan
: I actually don't know how to read her.

Usted
: I like his beginning posts (his reason for RVS for me is null though), but his vote on drixx is a bit strange, considering he hadn't interact with him. And I don't like his Drixx/Ness scum team explanation.

Soul
: His posts are interesting but there is something I couldn't put my finger on. It's possible that I just need to get use to newer people because I tend to do that.

Dominator
: Its explanation about RVS isn't satisfying but I am not ready for his lynch yet.

I haven't decided on who I want to lynch atm though.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 7
Extrapolated Eagle (3): Drixx, Workdawg, TheDominator37

Drixx (2): Usted, N e s s
N e s s (2): Newbieinmafia, soulmonarch
Kahlan (1): Extrapolated Eagle

Not Voting (1)
: Kahlan

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)

TheDominator37 is V/LA until Saturday
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Zar »

Prodding N e s s and Workdawg
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:55 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

@Zar - Workdawg is the one who said he's V/LA, not Dominator.

~. Thanks. I had assumed WD would be V/LA until Sat, but not through. I'm withdrawing his Prod. ~~~.Zar
Last edited by Zar on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

In post 224, soulmonarch wrote:Quick post here and I'll be back later this evening:

In post 222, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
Soul seems not afraid of disagreements and seems like they want the truth more than they are afraid of being lynched. I like they're posts. I would not lynch soul today if my life depended on it, unless they do something really scummy.

Aw, thanks! I think.

I kinda spent most of my first game (town) in fear of being misunderstood and lynched and I let it color a lot of what I said. Looking back on it, I realize I was just hurting my team in the long run.

In post 222, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
The Dom is also nasty. A huge amount of nope there. Not interested in sharing it appears. Lurks quite a bit. I would totally lynch this today if they don't show up.

Damn. I hate to admit this, but Dom is
reeeeeaaaaalllly
quiet. Like -- active lurker quiet.

Regardless of my feelings on anyone else here, I can't ignore that. It's nearing policy lynch status, which bothers me immensely.

I played the first time online about two, three years ago. I was absolutely the worst player I have ever seen at the game. Terrible. I have seen and met many other people by then. Played with a lot of Newbs. Called a lot of people idiots. I still have yet to meet someone who was as bad as I was. I didn't play on mafiascum when I first started, though. I played on some other site. Party of the fact that I played so poorly I justified by being hilariously and grossly misunderstood regularly. Like to the point where I did not want to say anything at all because I completely misinterpreted what everyone around me said. I was lynched day 1 for a year of playing. Then I found mafiascum. I was still nightmareishly bad at the game, but it was here about two years ago that I actually felt understood. I wasn't automatically misinterpreted. And while I only played one or two games to completion, I learned a lot from those two games and now I'm here a few years later with some rl maturity and a little bit more mafia experience and I feel a lot better about my play. I still get biased against people who scum read me a little bit, and I still misunderstand and misinterpret a bit.

But I think I've gotten a lot better. I've learned cool little tricks like restating things a different way if I feel like I've been misunderstood. The other day I decided to instead of saying: "I don't like how he said," I'll try to say "I interpreted him as saying this here." I've found that really making it a point to go the extra mile and minimize miscommunication really helps town stay clear headed and not clouded by emotions. Dont get me wrong, I think a lot of emotions are good when you're pushing to try to read people, because IMO people are more genuine when they're emotional, as well as more likely to show true motivations, but keeping a clear headed town is almost certainly a town win, I think.

Anyways, long drawn out story goes to say I can totally relate, and this is a great place to help fix that, I think. You'll still get jerks but for the most part people here in my experience are great at helping people understand.

---

In response to what you said about Dom I still think ms. Kahlan should go first, but other than that agreed. Speaking of which, how do you feel about her at the moment?
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Workdawg »

In post 228, newbieinmafia wrote:...
~. Thanks. I had assumed WD would be V/LA until Sat, but not through. I'm withdrawing his Prod. ~~~.Zar

@Zar - Can you let us know if TheDominator is V/LA or not? It seems you might have confused my V/LA with him. He didn't post in the thread he will be V/LA, but you said he was while I posted in the thread and you didn't say I was. Just looking for clarification because he hasn't posted since Thursday and as of this post it's been about 50hrs since he posted and I don't see any message from you saying he's being prodded (again...).
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Well, looks like I didn't miss too much the past couple days.

A couple thoughts...

Ness is rising on my scum-dar and EE is dropping. Right now I'd say that are about even. EE seems to be acting a lot more reasonably recently, I am really curious about what Ness has to say when he returns. I was really hoping for a response from him by now, but I guess not... Between those two, they are still my top 2 on the scumdar.

Drixx remains a curious subject to me. He's hinting at some potentially significant things, but still withholding that information from us, so I'm pretty wary of that.

EE has requested read lists. I'm not a big fan of that. You guys probably know by now that I tend to really elaborate on my thoughts in mafia. Because of that I am a bit reluctant to give town reads because I feel like it lets the scum get an idea of what actions they could take to appear more town to me. You should have a pretty good idea of who I am suspicious of simply based on my posts so far.

In post 224, soulmonarch wrote:...
Regardless of my feelings on anyone else here, I can't ignore that. It's nearing policy lynch status, which bothers me immensely.

The above is soul commenting on TheDom.

I REALLY hate policy lynches in newbie games. Newbies make stupid mistakes and while the chances of a newbie being scum aren't insignificant, it seems to me they will more often accidentally scum tell vs just making newbie mistakes. But he's an SE. He has no excuse for newbie mistakes and thus should be exempt from the previous statement. That said...

Not only has he been all but absent, but the few posts he has made are all things that others have already pointed out. He has been zero help so far. Does that make him scum? Not necessarily. Right now though, he's on the top of my list of "bad town". If we can't come to a consensus about who to lynch before the deadline, I would be okay with lynching him.

As I posted above, we need to know if TheDom is really V/LA or not
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Drixx »

I can't withhold information that I don't have. What I have at the moment is speculation. And at the moment it's speculation I'm not even very confident about. There's something odd going on in the way the wagons formed... but figuring out what to make of that observation is the problem.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by Workdawg »

In post 232, Drixx wrote:I can't withhold information that I don't have. What I have at the moment is speculation. And at the moment it's speculation I'm not even very confident about. There's something odd going on in the way the wagons formed... but figuring out what to make of that observation is the problem.

Fair enough. Is there anything about the wagons that is curious to you that hasn't already been pointed out? Do you have any theories about the wagons that you can share?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 233, Workdawg wrote:
In post 232, Drixx wrote:I can't withhold information that I don't have. What I have at the moment is speculation. And at the moment it's speculation I'm not even very confident about. There's something odd going on in the way the wagons formed... but figuring out what to make of that observation is the problem.

Fair enough. Is there anything about the wagons that is curious to you that hasn't already been pointed out? Do you have any theories about the wagons that you can share?

I'm not a big fan or proponent of VCA, but VCA would suggest Ness as the most opportunistic in that voting context. That's probably the place to pressure.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
soulmonarch
soulmonarch
Goon
soulmonarch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by soulmonarch »

I'm with Workdawg on a couple points: I don't like straight up reads lists, for similar reasons. However, you will find me writing up a list of people on occasion, especially when it gets quiet like it is now. But please never confuse that with being a full status report of how I feel about everyone at the moment. It's a just list of things I want to talk about, that's all. And as a sidenote: In general, I always found it more useful to discuss our scum reads than our town reads.

Second, god I hate policy lynching.

In post 231, Workdawg wrote:I REALLY hate policy lynches in newbie games. Newbies make stupid mistakes and while the chances of a newbie being scum aren't insignificant, it seems to me they will more often accidentally scum tell vs just making newbie mistakes. But he's an SE. He has no excuse for newbie mistakes and thus should be exempt from the previous statement. That said...

Not only has he been all but absent, but the few posts he has made are all things that others have already pointed out. He has been zero help so far. Does that make him scum? Not necessarily. Right now though, he's on the top of my list of "bad town". If we can't come to a consensus about who to lynch before the deadline, I would be okay with lynching him.

As I posted above, we need to know if TheDom is really V/LA or not

I hate policy lynches regardless of game type / skill level -- but yes, especially in newbie games. They basically just stall the game for a day cycle and rarely provide any useful information. Even if you somehow get a scum kill out of it, it isn't very satisfying.

The thing that bothers me more than anything is that it's just so inconsiderate. If you aren't going to put in the time, don't sign up for the game. If unforeseen circumstances arise that prevent you from playing, get a replacement. It's bad enough if a regular player does it, but ICs / SEs are supposed to be here to provide better flow to the game, not worse.

For the record, I believe Dom was off V/LA on Dec 30th. But if he
is
somehow still in V/LA that would mean he's out for almost the entirety of D1. O_o That can't be allowed.

-----

Activity in general has sort of dropped off, which is making things difficult. But here's your list, with some of the observations I've been having lately:

Ness -
Went dark after I voted him with a single exasperated post and doesn't appear to have logged in since. That isn't encouraging. Although several people have echoed suspicion and/or questions for Ness, no one else has yet voted him just yet. After writing comments below, I now realize that Workdawg and Newbie have been on him for longer than I'd thought. (Not that they were the only ones.) I'd hate to think he dropped out -- maybe it was just a hell of a New Year's party -- regardless, it's hard to change my vote this way.

EE -
As noted previously, you have been a bit of a null read to me the whole time. Lots of scum reads balanced by lots of town reads. I am noting that the tone of your posts has changed considerably, right around the time I replaced in. (Not necessarily alignment indicative, just noting it for later.) Partially as an answer to your earlier question: I really don't think I understand your rationale for hunting Kahlan, and I'd be interested if you'd explain it.

Kahlan -
I consider the 'noobness' genuine. However, I have second guessed my alignment read multiple times here. I don't have anything conclusive I feel like sharing just yet. One thing though: There was some good scumhunting going on in and . Come back and talk more.

Drixx -
You were talkative at first, now you are very quiet. (Interesting parallel: Your posts changed dramatically right about the same time as EEs did.) I kinda have issues with the 'mysterious private thoughts' bit, because it reduces the amount of interaction going on in the thread. I have private thoughts too, so I understand where you're coming from -- but don't keep them private so long that there is no way to act on anything before deadline.

Newbie -
It worries me how much you fly under my radar. And I just realized you've been on Ness a lot longer than I thought. (Noted above.)

Workdawg -
I'm not having much luck here. His usefulness as an SE is perhaps blinding me to the obvious. Somebody pitch me a wild scum theory about him so I can try to prove / disprove it!

Usted -
Found interesting. (Echoed by Drixx.) Looking back at ISO, he doesn't have as much content as I thought he did. I kind of wish I felt a more townie vibe here.

Dominator -
Literally doesn't rate a mention. Eight posts with barely fifty word between them, and that's counting his confirmation. (Which was more verbose than most of his posts.)

-----

As noted, my vote stays on Ness for now. And I am always interested in listening to anyone who wants to sway that vote in either direction.
[i]"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."[/i]
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:26 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Extrapolating Mafia
I feel it is definitely you and maybe Kahlan idk I've inly read half the thread.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 222, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Alright. We're about a week into the game, and I think there's enough content out here to begin discussing reads. So I went back and reread the thread, and here's what I've got:

Usted: interesting. I liked his first post and I thought his vote showed a certain fear that I have often felt- a reservation that causes one towards being biased towards reading another player as scum- wd s signature states that he has not yet lost as scum and tbh this intimidated me a bit as well. So I gave him a quick town read at the start. However his tone suddenly changed and I don't see a fear or heightened awareness of work dawgs posts that I get when reading them, so this makes me cautious of usted. At the same time, he does seem to have his head screwed on properly for the most part and I do like how he seems to be trying to figure the game out. He will be a bit harder to read. Null town.

Newbie seems quite intelligent and invested in a way. I like her caution, I don't necessarily agree with what she says all the time, but she shares opinions and I liked her response to my vote on her. Town.

Soul seems not afraid of disagreements and seems like they want the truth more than they are afraid of being lynched. I like they're posts. I would not lynch soul today if my life depended on it, unless they do something really scummy.

Work dash hasn't posted too much but I like a lot of what they have posted. For the most part. Something felt indescribably off about their first post, but their frustration with kahlan seemed genuine and I don't think they would be scum with k if they were scum. Null.

Ness is maybe town. I'm not sure. He seems kinda confused and lost. He frequently changes his mind and jumps and flips like crazy. Some of his stuff is scummy, but I'm going to hold off on pushing him until I get confirmation he feels solid in his play. NULL. Hard null. Maybe scum null. I'm not sure.

Drixx is nasty. A lot of nope there. But he might being IC things. I still don't understand his first post all the way or really feel like I understand what he's saying at all so I'll stay off for now. I do have to say I don't like that he seems to be withholding information, but again, he seems to be doing things I straight up don't understand.

The Dom is also nasty. A huge amount of nope there. Not interested in sharing it appears. Lurks quite a bit. I would totally lynch this today if they don't show up.

Kahlan. Ew. Still probably scum, IMO. Seriously, look at these two posts
Spoiler:
In post 38, Usted wrote:However Kahlan I would like to know the same thing EE has asked several times. Why question my vote, but cast the same vote as drixx. Drixx said his vote was for obvious reasons, but I don't see the reason. (Common to vote the person with /first post?)

Drixx, I know your vote was RVS, but why EE?

In post 40, Kahlan wrote:@usted I think you have some good points. Although dominator said in his first post v/la ( which I think mean vacation/ limited access?) I would say that's why he hasn't been posting? Then again why come in and just vote and not take part in more post? Maybe your on to something Usted. Maybe dominator is staying quiet so we will fight against each other

Usted asks her a question he wants answered that, as he pointed out, I had asked several times, and instead of answering, she responds by deflecting onto Dom.

On top of constantly and conveniently misunderstanding almost everything (like framing wd for saying we shouldn't give town cred for asking newbie questions), she is far too often reminding us of her status as a new player. Instead of playing the game and looking for reads she attacks those who attack her and backs off when they back off. OMGUS at its finest.

VOTE: Kahlan

Questions/requests:
Ness- reread thread and share thoughts, please. Make sure you're sure if the thoughts you share before you share them.

Drixx I honestly don't know what you're doing, but if you could share thoughts atm, that would be cool.

Dom - participate pls. Reads would be nice. Or claim scum. That works too.

Usted/newbie/soul/work dawg - reads lists. We've got a week left I think or something close. It would be good to start gettting on the same page I think.

First off EE lets me clear the air up little here. I in fact did answer usted's question. The second post to which you thought was my answer to the first post was in fact a answer to another post Usted had made. If you were to look a little further then you would see my answer which was this post (post listed below)
In post 42, Kahlan wrote:
In post 38, Usted wrote:However Kahlan I would like to know the same thing EE has asked several times. Why question my vote, but cast the same vote as drixx. Drixx said his vote was for obvious reasons, but I don't see the reason. (Common to vote the person with /first post?)

Drixx, I know your vote was RVS, but why EE?

Well the honest truth is I was in the process of typing out EEs name to vote when Drixx voted before me. I'm very slow at typing ( in the process of practicing :D ) so I just reworded my vote because I thought that was how I was suppose to do in order to show I'm part of the town and who I wanted to vote for was just the same as Drixx. I was asking questions because I though that is what we were suppose to do to wager on if we are voting right or if votes need to be changed. I honestly didn't realize you have already put a reason to your vote. That is why I asked the question. And still voted for who I was using as my RVS vote.

My thoughts so far...

EE- I feel that either EE is scum and is real good at deceiving people or he is just a borderline townie who appears to be scummy sometimes. I say this because he likes to "push reads his way." I'm not very sure what that means exactly but he has said it at least three times now and to me it doesn't sound like a good thing. :neutral: He also seems to be playing a misunderstanding/misinterpreting card a few times. It makes me feel like because he is wrong and someone calls him out on it, he just has to play it off as a misunderstanding/misinterpreted and then try to reword the post. It seems he gets a bit defensive when that happens as well. He also seems to be very impatient and not very forgiving sometimes. May be or may not be scum but I'm not voting for him now.

Soulmonarch- townie reads for me so far. I actual enjoy reading his post. They are easy to understand and very well explained (unlike my post..lol)

Drixx- Still trying to figure out. possible light scum based on some of his post but my gut is telling me other wise for now.

Workdawg- I have voted for Workdawg before and even though I am not currently voting for him I still feel like he has a thing or two that doesn't feel right to me but he does not seem as scummy as a few others I feel who are the true scum thus far.

Usted- Im a bit confused on Usted. why point out the vote count on EE.. Stating they are all from RVS. why should that matter? Do votes have to constantly change?

Newbie- most of her reads seem to be townie. I believe though there are a few things that are standing out to me In her last post and she says something about Ness I find interesting..
In post 225, newbieinmafia wrote:Even though I started it, I also found Ness wagon a bit weird.

Read-list: (this is where I am at right now- most of the stuff are what I have talked about before; would probably need to reread when I have time)

Ness
:
newbtown or scum. Despite my vote, I am actually leaning toward newbtown, which is why I am also not that comfortable about Ness wagon. His claim and defense seems like something newbtown would do. His thought process seemed like how I played my first game

EE
: I like his read list and he's been pretty consistent.

Work
: I like that he points out some of the things I find iffy but wasn't sure what it was. Also he explained about my ness vote better than I do.

Drixx
: I don't like that he is not sharing much of his thoughts, so I can't really read him.

Kahlan
: I actually don't know how to read her.

Usted
: I like his beginning posts (his reason for RVS for me is null though), but his vote on drixx is a bit strange, considering he hadn't interact with him. And I don't like his Drixx/Ness scum team explanation.

Soul
: His posts are interesting but there is something I couldn't put my finger on. It's possible that I just need to get use to newer people because I tend to do that.

Dominator
: Its explanation about RVS isn't satisfying but I am not ready for his lynch yet.

I haven't decided on who I want to lynch atm though.

She states that she feels like ness is newbtown because of how he is playing but there is a post by ness that says other wise. ..
In post 72, N e s s wrote:
Alright, so i'm not a stranger to mafia. I've played atleast 5 games at this point
, so here we go.

Right now i'm seeing 3 possibilitys.

1)Drixx is scum: From that post above, its a bit scummy...but i'm not one to make conclusions usually. He's been posting well so far, and i'm starting to think he's town. Null town.

2)Eagle is scum: seems to be the prime target right now, but yes, i will agree that this is scummy-
Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well...

Sure 5 games may not be enough to be completely experienced In a game but it's more experience than others. So in my mind either newbie really is reading ness post as a newbtown or ness is really good at playing up the newbtown which make me think of the newb questions conversation that I had with workdawg. May be ness is playing a newbtown/thinking like a newb in order to hid his scummy title?

That brings me to Ness- I think it's safe to say now that the wheels are turning more about my ness theory I'm going to
FoS Ness
I actually already was feeling a little scum read off of him but it's slowly growing more now.

Dominator- I don't think he is truly invested in this game or he is lurking scum and he doesnt feel like he needs to make an effort because he has no votes against him?
In post 236, TheDominator37 wrote:Extrapolating Mafia
I feel it is definitely you and maybe Kahlan idk I've inly read half the thread.

I dont feel that someone who isnt truly invested and has only read half the forum is fit to really say he is town.It feels pretty scummy to me. I for now VOTE: The Dominator
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Workdawg »

In post 235, soulmonarch wrote:
Workdawg -
I'm not having much luck here. His usefulness as an SE is perhaps blinding me to the obvious. Somebody pitch me a wild scum theory about him so I can try to prove / disprove it!

Don't let my SE title skew your thoughts on me. Unlike the IC role, I have NO obligation to help anyone but myself here. The IC is obligated to answer questions about game theory but I am not. My only obligation is to play to my win condition.

@Kahlan
- That's a good point about Ness about how he states that he has experience with mafia. He was throwing off some newbie tells, IMO, before going AWOL and I let that cloud my judgement on him recently.
In post 168, N e s s wrote:...
That should answer your 2 questions, but i'm probably going to look like scum no matter what i say right now.

In post 186, N e s s wrote:*sighs*

No way to defend myself right now because i have no idea how to.

These two quotes to me are pretty big newb-tells, and since he hasn't been around in a while, that's what's stuck in my mind the most. However, as you pointed out, he claims to have 5 games under his belt, so there really is no excuse for this. With this new context brought to light, it seems more scummy to me. It feels more like scum flailing around because they feel like they are under pressure. I was going to wait until Ness got back and see how he would defend himself before making up my mind, but I think this is enough to change it up.

VOTE: Ness

As a side note: Nice job Kahlan, you're doing some good scumhunting IMO. Keep it up. Worry less about trying to defend yourself and more about trying to find scum.

Lastly, it seems clear that TheDom is not V/LA. In fact, I checked his profile and he's been very active in many other games.
@TheDom
- Please either commit to this game or replace out. It's not fair to us for you to lurk so much and provide pretty much no content when you do post.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 am

Kahlan I swear. Your posts really get under my skin.
*takes deep breath*
How do you want me to push my reads? Your way? That's hard. It doesn't make sense for me to push reads the way you push them. No. I push reads the way I push them because I can get reads from people when I do that. Everyone pushes reads in the way they push reads, and not the way anyone else pushes their reads. I don't know how or why you don't understand this, it seems like such a simple concept to me.

Now. Let's also think about what you said about Usted. Hmmm. Why would a vote NOT MATTER much at all if it was random and without true reason? Can you think of anything? I'm ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS.

I'm sorry. I'm done being a dick. It just baffles me how you can completely not understand or misrepresent things that seem so simple. You're going to give me a massive headache by the time this game is over, but I hope you're not scum, because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming you just don't understand any of these things you keep bringing up.

VOTE: the Dom

PEdit: oh please don't encourage this. She's going to destroy us all with all the misrepresenting she's doing.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:37 am

Post by N e s s »

Checking in, i've been busy with alot of things.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:38 am

Post by N e s s »

Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:48 am

In post 241, N e s s wrote:Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.

You have nothing to say? O_o

Your apathy astounds me.

That's L-1. Anyone who wants to hammer should say so before they do so Ness has a chance to claim just in case.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Workdawg »

Oh ffs, please don't hammer before he actually posts something.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:08 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

UNVOTE:
Ness already claimed so unless we are sure about this lynch, putting him at L-1 for claim is useless.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:10 am

In post 186, N e s s wrote:*sighs*

No way to defend myself right now because i have no idea how to.

In post 240, N e s s wrote:Checking in, i've been busy with alot of things.

In post 241, N e s s wrote:Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.

This is the summation of his activity over the last four days. He came in to post because he was prodded. He didn't post any content of use, he said he's literally"checking in." I don't know about you but that seems like he's not planning on adding anything. I also don't see any admittance that he's been flip floppy as heck nor has he posted any solid reads recently. His apathy towards the game seems scum aligned and it doesn't look like he plans on adding to the game any more either.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:16 am

In post 244, newbieinmafia wrote:UNVOTE:
Ness already claimed so unless we are sure about this lynch, putting him at L-1 for claim is useless.

To clarify: are you against lynching Ness right now or against lynching anyone right now?

If the former, I have to say I was uneasy about his lynch previously, but I think he's quelled my fears.

The latter I understand. however, I think I could see a Dom/Ness scum team and so I don't feel too bad about ending today now, particularly because I feel like a lot of last minute lynches happen and it ends up being town because we haven't had time to talk it through and things, so I want to avoid that as much as possible.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:21 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 235, soulmonarch wrote:Newbie - It worries me how much you fly under my radar. And I just realized you've been on Ness a lot longer than I thought. (Noted above.)

You can ask me questions/push me or whatever.

@Kahlan - While Ness played 5 games of mafia, I assumed that he meant he is not completely new to the concept of mafia but he may be new to forum mafia since he didn't specify where he played at so.

@EE - I am not liking Ness' latest posts for reasons you stated but I don't want to end the day early (we had about 9 days left). We also have a slot (Dom) whom we haven't heard much from and I am assuming he hadn't caught up yet either. We also have other slots to hear from so I don't feel that we need to rush.
I am not against Ness lynch but I am against early lynch.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:27 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 242, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

You have nothing to say? O_o

Your apathy astounds me.

That's L-1. Anyone who wants to hammer should say so before they do so Ness has a chance to claim just in case.

Wtf???

How am i at L-1?
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:30 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

Ness, please address all the questions or concerns that people asked of you. Even if you are lynched, they may help us in some way.

In post 246, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:The latter I understand. however, I think I could see a Dom/Ness scum team and so I don't feel too bad about ending today now, particularly because I feel like a lot of last minute lynches happen and it ends up being town because we haven't had time to talk it through and things, so I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Early lynches I have seen also happen to be town, so...? also if it's a last minute lynch, we have had more time to talk because it's not ended early..? I am not understanding what you are trying to say here. And I am not thinking of putting it at last minute. I don't mind if we end it a few days early but not when we have more than a week left now.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”