Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 796, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yes, but usually she throws in more WTF IM TOWN HOW ARE YOU MISREADING ME!!!!!!! and I WILL HANG MYSELF IF YOU LYNCH ME!!!!!! as scum.

This reaction seems pretty tame.

Ermmm, do you just mean she'd say this *more* as town?

Or are you just putting something up as a strawman?

In post 1345, Frozen Angel wrote:he came in made empty accusations on me, made some clear misrepresentation , advertised I'm buddying someone else , tried to dishoner all my points against him , said I'm acting "dumb" on purpose(which he is lucky I'm not taking it personal because I'm so sensitive about such insults) then he say he is VLA and ask town to make the RIGHT decision...

I really want to hang myself right now ...

^town in this game. Obviously as you were in it.
Same as your entrance, which is tunneling Frozen the same as you tunneled Titus in that game (as town).

I'm starting to get a bad feeling on you RC sir.
Are you giving me a personal experience of your reverse-meta here?
Thanks for the intent but I'll be reading you based on logic and Frozen based on pushes.

Fuck me you're both hard to read.
Back later.

-t
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

No, I meant exactly what I said.

Go read Newbie 1664.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:52 pm

And yes, she does the same shit as town and scum.

As scum it usually comes across as more exaggerated and out of place.

I'd still recommend you to ignore it and focus on reading FA based on how fluid her votes are, how much she appears to be legitimately scumhunting vs just declaring people scum with cases, etc.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

lol
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 779, Adaptive Heap wrote:
In post 586, Davsto wrote:
In post 571, Rob14 wrote:Pers, the reason I don't consider two kills to confirm is that FBI Agent is a great fake claim for an SK.

Think about it. You get the two kills to "confirm". Scum don't kill you because you can't investigate on them. It's pretty airtight.

I thought about your claim and how it could/couldn't be confirmed, and I concluded that there was no feasible way to confirm it without assuming that an SK wouldn't lie. And that's obviously not a good assumption to make.
This reasoning is flawed. Why would an SK fakeclaim FBI Agent? Through being an SK, he'd know there's quite a risk of there being an FBI Agent in the game, and as such fakeclaiming FBI brings with it quite a decent chance of being counter-claimed.

It would more likely be a mafia fake-claim. Given that ffery has provided explicit safe fake-claims in the past (and I would think ffery + Syr almost certainly do). Also given that the game is role madness (which I presume means practically everyone has some non-vanilla role).
So it's either a true claim which could indicate the presence of an SK, or it's a mod-provided fakeclaim for mafia.

I really doubt it's a mod-provided fakeclaim *for* the SK if one exists. This reasoning is flawed.

In post 648, Davsto wrote:
In post 633, Soren wrote:Question is, would mafia!Persi claim FBI?

He wouldn't, because if he guesses from setup spec that:
there isn't an SK, it would soon become apparent and he'd get fucked over.
there is an SK, he is painting a big target on his arse for a crosskill (as well as a risk of being counterclaimed).

This claim reinforces my townread on him.

This reasoning is also flawed. If Persivul finds himself under pressure of lynch of course he uses a mod-provided fakeclaim.
For all I know he could be x-shot BP killless scum rolecop.

I honestly don't know how you arrived at your Persivul townread Davsto.
I think I'll get a better read on the slot from RC frankly.
How do you know that scum gets mod-provided fakeclaims? You seem awfully adamant in that assertion.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 799, RadiantCowbells wrote:She's actually a lot like me as scum in that sense.

Jfg then another person that appears 100% as scum. Exactly what I needed. Then again I did have her as scum in that game. Just second to the other person.

I was all alone in my first scum game. My partner got force replaced after 3 prods : (

Say RC are you scumreading AH based on bop? I mean not that I mind but I really liked your soren vote and would like to create a crusade against him.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 804, Davsto wrote:
In post 779, Adaptive Heap wrote:
In post 586, Davsto wrote:
In post 571, Rob14 wrote:Pers, the reason I don't consider two kills to confirm is that FBI Agent is a great fake claim for an SK.

Think about it. You get the two kills to "confirm". Scum don't kill you because you can't investigate on them. It's pretty airtight.

I thought about your claim and how it could/couldn't be confirmed, and I concluded that there was no feasible way to confirm it without assuming that an SK wouldn't lie. And that's obviously not a good assumption to make.
This reasoning is flawed. Why would an SK fakeclaim FBI Agent? Through being an SK, he'd know there's quite a risk of there being an FBI Agent in the game, and as such fakeclaiming FBI brings with it quite a decent chance of being counter-claimed.

It would more likely be a mafia fake-claim. Given that ffery has provided explicit safe fake-claims in the past (and I would think ffery + Syr almost certainly do). Also given that the game is role madness (which I presume means practically everyone has some non-vanilla role).
So it's either a true claim which could indicate the presence of an SK, or it's a mod-provided fakeclaim for mafia.

I really doubt it's a mod-provided fakeclaim *for* the SK if one exists. This reasoning is flawed.

In post 648, Davsto wrote:
In post 633, Soren wrote:Question is, would mafia!Persi claim FBI?

He wouldn't, because if he guesses from setup spec that:
there isn't an SK, it would soon become apparent and he'd get fucked over.
there is an SK, he is painting a big target on his arse for a crosskill (as well as a risk of being counterclaimed).

This claim reinforces my townread on him.

This reasoning is also flawed. If Persivul finds himself under pressure of lynch of course he uses a mod-provided fakeclaim.
For all I know he could be x-shot BP killless scum rolecop.

I honestly don't know how you arrived at your Persivul townread Davsto.
I think I'll get a better read on the slot from RC frankly.
How do you know that scum gets mod-provided fakeclaims? You seem awfully adamant in that assertion.

This might be Dav's scummiest post yet.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:12 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Dav, they provided mod meta. That's pretty reliable.

Adaptive, I agree with RC in his assertions about Frozen.

Shiro, thanks for the happy birthday! :)
I smiled
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Davsto »

Oh right, fair enough, missed that.

Adaptive is bugging me though. Apparently my play wouldn't come from town because... I'm townreading someone they're not? Like, I'm not going to just blindly agree with everyone, if I have some reads of my own, then I'm going to defend who I think is town.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'd rather wait on Adaptive. As the game goes on they will be far easier to sort, and I haven't seen any of Mastina's epic scum play. As she gets more active I will be able to sort her far better.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 808, Davsto wrote:Adaptive is bugging me though. Apparently my play wouldn't come from town because... I'm townreading someone they're not? Like, I'm not going to just blindly agree with everyone, if I have some reads of my own, then I'm going to defend who I think is town.

ok lets talk about this! what are your reads devasto? beside persival-RC slot ? what are your town and scum reads? can you please sort them for me?

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:53 am

In post 810, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 808, Davsto wrote:Adaptive is bugging me though. Apparently my play wouldn't come from town because... I'm townreading someone they're not? Like, I'm not going to just blindly agree with everyone, if I have some reads of my own, then I'm going to defend who I think is town.

ok lets talk about this! what are your reads devasto? beside persival-RC slot ? what are your town and scum reads? can you please sort them for me?

little girl little girl your dirty liar
you're just a junky preaching to the choir
run away from the river to the street
and find yourself with your face in the gutter
you're a stray for the salvation army
there is no place like home when you got no place to go
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

oO

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Shiro »

Bléeeeeeeeeeh

I searched the lyrics. I dislike green day.

You should listen to the whole rise album from skillet
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:03 am

I HAVE listened the whole rise album from Skillet.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Shiro »

RadiantCowbells wrote:I HAVE listened the whole rise album from Skillet.

The last thing I heard was you whispering goodbye
And then I heard you flat line.

You didn't answer my question about AH though.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

This is the best song of skillet (definetly) [Don't Argue] (Its just the best!)

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Can anyone refer me to any of the not mafia posts that I can town read?! :/

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Shiro »

Hero is indeed one of their best but almost everything in rise is pure gold

Rise
Sick of it
Not gonna die
Salvation
My religion
Hard to find
What I believe

Just amazing.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Soren »

In post 781, Adaptive Heap wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 639, Not_Mafia wrote:Just realised Adaptive Heap is talah and mastin neither of these should be making such poor arguments

Hi. You ready to actually interact with the game yet?
Also - we've never played a game together before, have we?
You may know mastin but you don't know me, so how do you assume anything about my arguments in order to say they "shouldn't be poor" (which they're not by the way, no matter how you frame them).
Just wondering how you arrive at that conclusion with no previous experience of me though.
Seems like more shitslinging in addition to Post 379.

In post 641, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 378, Adaptive Heap wrote:I was asking why you made the comment about Not_Mafia's username in the first place.

Also please don't patronise me. I don't find it funny or clever.

-t

In post 381, Adaptive Heap wrote:And again, I'm not sure how it helps you determine anyone's alignment.

Were you hoping for a pingback from Not_Mafia? You got one. How did you read it?

-t

Mmmnnnyeees?
Kuroi had posted a shitty accusation at Persivul in RVS, lurked and not provided anything afterward, and then when you replaced in decided another RVS post was in order - making a "joke" about your username.
So I pressured him for it because he wasn't providing anything up to that point.

He's starting to seem townish to me now, but he's still on my radar.

You however are making terrible arguments (and one of the posts mastin provided me with in our QT in the initial burst she had, was that she had burden of proficiency on you).
Considering you're scumreading our slot and you're saying *I* should be posting better (while failing to see why I'm doing things), I'm giving you the second-most-likely scum in this game mantle.
Happy with that? Wanna chat?

-t
That's a lot of questions you asked not_mafia and come of very defensive, though I'm not sure if that's a reason to scum read you yet.
I like that you kept tabs on kuroi and have developed a read on him though.
In post 781, Adaptive Heap wrote: (and one of the posts mastin provided me with in our QT in the initial burst she had, was that she had burden of proficiency on you).
I wholly disagree on this point. Not_mafia lurks in every game and rarely scum hunts, and when he does he only makes one or two points. I'm interested in why mastin has a burden of proficiency on not_mafia. I'm more interested in why it appears as though mastin is posting more in your hydra topic as opposed to the game?
In post 785, Adaptive Heap wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 637, Soren wrote:I don't think I'm lynching persi today.
VOTE: Davsto

Hi!

Can you please summarise how you moved from wanting to lynch Persivul in the big post you made (the relevant part of it is here):
In post 535, Soren wrote:To comment on Persivul vs Rob. Rob is winning for me and honestly I feel like sheeping the vote. I have to say that Rob is like Sherlock Holmes, he'll notice the minute details and whether that tells him that someone is scum or town. I particularly find Persivul's bout with Rob to be like flinging dirt at Rob. Persi's argument is convoluted, I don't even know why he's scum reading Rob. Whereas Rob has enumerated and laid out many times as to why Persi is scum. I do not like Persi vote hopping so much. After he unvoted Rob he went from Ari, to FA to Dav to shiro and now to Rob again. What is he actually trying to accomplish with that. For me, it appears as thought Persi is scum trying to fake "proactive towness" and make it look like he is actually doing something in the game when he is not.

I particularly liked Shiro's criticism of Persi's play, in his and . He raises an important point that Persi is faking an attempt to pressure players. With the mention of Shiro, I have to say that he is ringing town to me. He may not have posted much, but what he has posted is informing me that he has a town mindset coming into the game, while he is not actively pushing people, he is noticing the little holes that scum were unable to cover up in their plays.

...to not wanting to lynch him here:
In post 637, Soren wrote:I don't think I'm lynching persi today.

You seemed pretty invested in "one of Rob or Persivul is scum".
You mentioned the FBI agent role a couple of times in your sentence-long posts in between...
But I wonder why the claim changes your aspect on lynching if you think the slot's still scummy.

Did you decide not to lynch Persivul because you thought he was town, or because you wanted to preserve the claim?
The shift isn't making much sense from my perspective.
I'm like 70/30 on the claim. The 70 being that I find it hard to fake. There's been a lengthy discussion already and my thoughts resonate for the arguments for it.
In post 785, Adaptive Heap wrote:But I wonder why the claim changes your aspect on lynching if you think the slot's still scummy.
I've lynched many townies who have acted scummy, I think this will be one of those times if I do not move my vote from persi.
Either stop responding in this manner or actually respond to them with logic. Because this does nothing for you.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Soren »

And I like comatose, whispers in the dark and the last night from skillet.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

VC 1.13
Davsto
(5): BROseidon, Adaptive Heap, KuroiXHF, Soren, Rob13
Adaptive Heap
(2): Not_Mafia, RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
(2): FA_Q2, Plottin Kittehs
Rob13
(1): Davsto
Not_Mafia
(1): Frozen Angel

Not Voting
(2): Shiro, Aristophanes

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: January 5, Noon US Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:
- FA_Q2 has been prodded.

:]
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Searching for a replacement for FA_Q2

I will add some time to the deadline countdown when the slot is filled.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I mean, I totally forgot FAQ was here more than once, and hope this means I can call Frozen "FA" again.

Hope all is well with you, FAQ.
Looking forward to the replacement though.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Also,

This is the only slot I'd really be comfortable with a lynch on today.

If the day ends before a replacement is found, oh well. Gives Rift more time to find one.

That's L-1
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”