Secret Hitler (Voting)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Aronis »

I'm also going to oppose any government including mr trow for his unecessary rudeness towards shos and his failure to act like a dignified politician.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 44, MrTrow wrote:Yup, the entire post was referencing you.
This was also spot-on the response i expected. (and i agree with the C inspects B approach)
Despite it being exactly the 'hey look i am town, because i want to be investigated'-claim (and actually presents a case why you would want this outcome even as a facist) it looked like.
the gut-town read still stands

You do realize you've just excluded yourself from the position of president, until at least 2 fascist policies are in place right?
as for 'FACIST NOT RACIST', the 2 aren't really mutually exclusive.

My last question directed at 'Pretty much at everyone', is also directed at you.

I don't know who you're talking to half the time - I don't think I've excluded myself from being President at all, if people trust me and investigate someone else and want me as President as all good. Based on what I've seen of this game via videos, I honestly think the odds are there WILL be two Facist policies before it even gets to my turn.

In post 49, MrTrow wrote:@lilith: I too am against this particular structure.
Any structure that cuts short the phase that has the widest deadline for a reason basically,
but especially a structure that instantly results in 2 failed elections for a single objectionable candidate.

You want to know who supports which government? ASK.
eg.
In post 38, MrTrow wrote:@lilith (Pretty much at everyone):
Who should Drench nominate as chancellor and why?

@shos: i know you have decided to not read posts and not give any reasoning what so ever for any preferred groups of government.
But could you at least: read the fuckin rules.

FTR - I do recall one of the videos I watched suggested they nominate someone towards the end of the line being nominated as Chancellor so that we have "info" about that person because quite frankly the game could be over by the time we all go around once depending on how freely we vote yes (I feel like in all the videos I watched they pretty much said YES to everything at the beginning and weren't conservative until the end), but if we pick someone towards the end and they pass a good or bad thingie then we have a better idea as to whether to trust them as President if they're a nominee when we're in danger territory.

I'm also fine with Lilith or Me or MrTrow as Chancellor. I prefer someone that is actively talking a lot be chancellor because depending on the result I feel I'd be able to get a better read on them. Although frankly I don't have a good criteria by which to vote No at this point - I expect to only have one shot at being President and I'd rather have at least SOME knowledge before I have to nominate a chancellor than only one President.

Do we want to set up a system where the first three presidential candidates all announce their chancellor ahead of time so we can make a better informed decision on if we want to vote YES or NO to the current running party? Obviously a presidential candidate can change their mind based on what occurs but it'll give us a more informed decision.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by JDGA »

Aronis is probably talking the most sense right now in general. People
really
need to learn to spell fascist. The nominate-the-initial-leaders plan worked
really
well in Resistance, so I'm against it. shos, please read the rules. Drench is the first Presidential Candidate (as decided at random). He, and only he, nominates someone to be Chancellor-Candidate. Then everyone votes on whether or not we're happy with that.
We shouldn't try to get fascist policies for the investigations, that'll hurt us far more than it'll help. They'll likely come as they come, and we can figure out who to investigate when it happens.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 52, JDGA wrote:Aronis is probably talking the most sense right now in general. People
really
need to learn to spell fascist. The nominate-the-initial-leaders plan worked
really
well in Resistance, so I'm against it. shos, please read the rules. Drench is the first Presidential Candidate (as decided at random). He, and only he, nominates someone to be Chancellor-Candidate. Then everyone votes on whether or not we're happy with that.
We shouldn't try to get fascist policies for the investigations, that'll hurt us far more than it'll help. They'll likely come as they come, and we can figure out who to investigate when it happens.

Can someone please point me to where ANYONE proposed we intentionally get fascist policies?
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

There are 11 fascist cards and 6 liberal cards. Fascist policies will happen (unless we get really lucky) so I think it's neither fascist driven or illogical for him to think about how the ability gets used once it's inevitably triggered. The nominate initial leaders plan wasn't what tanked resistance. I think it did help figure out who a couple of the good guys were. What would you be for JDGA?
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by MrTrow »

In post 50, Aronis wrote:I'm also going to oppose any government including mr trow for his unecessary rudeness towards shos and his failure to act like a dignified politician.

My apologies dear sir, if i had known implying someone in this chamber was acting out of an ulterior motive for claiming to have a far greater interest in the future of our great nation, that the interest this person actually showed, while holding the same intelligence-documents i assume you also received, showing such individuals are more than likely in our midst
or
after subtly pointing out this same individual has not read the briefing we all received, while telling us what to do, receiving a response indicating he knows to be right about the briefing (which he wasn't) and doesn't care about what any of us have to say.
Only to follow it up by acting against the previously mentioned briefing and instructing all of us to do the same.
Use less subtle wording to inform this individual, going over the briefing again might be a good idea.
An individual which, if my quick background-check is even remotely accurate, is no better with the length of text more suitable to anyone aspiring to rule our nation, than with the shorter memos he has explicitly claimed to consider of zero relevance

would cost me a vote,
i might consider adding more nuanced text to the second case, but for the first case i fully stand behind that one.

TL;DR (no real politician should ever need this :P )
'read the fuckin rules' may have been needlessly harsh, sorry
shos is still a fascist though.

In post 51, Blackberry wrote:
I don't know who you're talking to half the time

A known issue with nearly everything i write (not just here), i'm working on it, if i screw up again, feel free to ask.

I don't think I've excluded myself from being President at all

You want to be investigated (in your breakdown 'player A').
Being the President and drawing 3 fascist policy-cards could force you into the position of player B or C.
Player B, no problem, (we, or rather you) pick a different Player A
Player C, while you already are Player A, breaks the entire strategy
(i agree with the 'probably not an issue', though)

Do we want to set up a system where the first three presidential candidates all announce their chancellor ahead of time so we can make a better informed decision on if we want to vote YES or NO to the current running party? Obviously a presidential candidate can change their mind based on what occurs but it'll give us a more informed decision.

I'd say, no.

Given the 'completely random policy should the counter hit 3', NOs should be avoided. (at least a bit)
And once Drench has a shortlist there is nothing to stop him from sharing this 'only these reads are relevant to the next deadline (, unless you have something really convincing)' the same way nothing is stopping us from being clear as early as possible.
And i would advice him to use this.
I see no benefit to running this short-list 2 candidates ahead of time, should an upcoming candidate feel different, please share this case.
But setting up other limitations, to make sure this happens (to the detriment of other discussion), no, i'm against that.

We could discuss the concept of 'policy-no' should a presidential candidate refuse to state 'intent to nominate x', but again
I would advice to state such an intent, but making a policy out of it, not sold on it.

Blackberry wrote:Can someone please point me to where ANYONE proposed we intentionally get fascist policies?

Did not happen.
Closest thing to it, my remark about your plans with the first 2 that do show up.
By the way, your mum says hello.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Aronis »

I would be willing to reconsider my stance on mr trow's appointment should he be chosen as a candidate in light of his recent statements.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Post by Drench »

okay here's what i'm thinking right now re nominating.

i need to go and read again but i agree, fascist policies are going to happen no matter what. we need to prepare for it but we can't aim for it because this game is hard enough as it is. i need to read again before i have a shortlist but like #55 is good generally. i hate this idea of just nominating whoever's next, it's dumb
join your union
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 am

Post by shos »

In post 35, shos wrote:the d10 was choosing the PRESIDENT. then, the president chose Drench by himself, without random dice. Now we have to vote if we agree or disagree for Drecnh-counsellor.

lol I'm hilarious
Now I truly am reading

why is there no nomonation yet, Drench?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:10 am

Post by shos »

guys the game will only begin to be with-a-point after the first nomination is accepted. only then we can analyse based on cards and all

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:10 am

Post by shos »

for this reason I think Lilith is probably Fascist.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:15 am

Post by shos »

Fascist plicies will happen, this is not relevant. step by step.

I also think Mr Trow is scum, along with Lilith, but neither are Hitler

Drench, please nom someone asap.

ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:39 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

I think Lilith is fine, maybe her idea isn't the best, but i don't think she's a fascist. I have gut fascist reads on Trow and JDGA right now. I'm suspicious MrTrow that you talk a lot to obfuscate the truth. JDGA, I'm not sure I understand how Aronis makes the most sense at the time of your statement. Something just seems off about your post in . I don't like it.

I won't support a government with MrTrow and JDGA right now.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:16 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Current Phase
:
Election, Chancellor Nomination

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-14 01:32:39)

Presidential Candidate
Drench
lilith2013
PiggyGal15

Election Tracker
:

---Liberal Policy Track---
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

---Fascist Policy Track---
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Next Fascist Presidential Power: Investigate Loyalty

Mod note: looking for a replacement for PiggyGal15 as they have not picked up their role PM.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:56 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Klick replaces PiggyGal15.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Klick »

Yeah. I watched a few playtests of this, it looks awesome.

Pre-first vote generally doesn't gather much info. I agree with the idea behind shos' #59, we need a little bit of info to play off of. This isn't Mafia.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 58, shos wrote:
In post 35, shos wrote:the d10 was choosing the PRESIDENT. then, the president chose Drench by himself, without random dice. Now we have to vote if we agree or disagree for Drecnh-counsellor.

lol I'm hilarious
Now I truly am reading

why is there no nomonation yet, Drench?

because im not ready to nominate? also because i said i would wait for everyone to post lmao
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Drench »

probably gonna nominate aronis tho speak now or hold ur silence
join your union
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Klick »

I like it. The people who play on stream tend to nominate from the back of the list, since those people won't get attention for a while unless they're made Chancellor early on.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 54, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:The nominate initial leaders plan wasn't what tanked resistance. I think it did help figure out who a couple of the good guys were. What would you be for JDGA?

I would be for the president nominating someone he finds towny, and then people voting accordingly. Following some kind of system is only going to cost us info.
In post 55, MrTrow wrote:Given the 'completely random policy should the counter hit 3', NOs should be avoided. (at least a bit)

This is bad, if we avoid NO simply for the sake of avoiding NO we deny ourselves a
lot
of info while advancing the gamestate faster than we ought to.
In post 59, shos wrote:guys the game will only begin to be with-a-point after the first nomination is accepted. only then we can analyse based on cards and all

In post 60, shos wrote:for this reason I think Lilith is probably Fascist.

>no real info before nomination
>but I'm going to scumread using real info that doesn't exist
Not really following your logic? I dunno, might just be getting thrown off by the phrasing there.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

For now I would vote no to aronis (doesn't seem to be making an effort to contribute) and shos (as JDGA said, weird contradiction between posts). Anyone else I would probably consider voting yes.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 62, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:JDGA, I'm not sure I understand how Aronis makes the most sense at the time of your statement. Something just seems off about your post in . I don't like it.

His posts were short, but saying things I pretty much completely agreed with. Given you just said Trow was scummy because of how he posts a lot, you understand where I'm coming from, right?

I'm probably fine with an Aronis nomination? At least, I'll vote yes if he's nominated.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Blackberry »

OMG YOU CAN PLAY THIS ON STEAM!?!? o.o

In post 70, lilith2013 wrote:For now I would vote no to aronis (doesn't seem to be making an effort to contribute) and shos (as JDGA said, weird contradiction between posts). Anyone else I would probably consider voting yes.

This was actually my initial thoughts (shos & Aronis the main people I'd be iffy on).

But after rereading their posts by themselves, shos I'm thinking is more likely overeager to get the game rolling.

I think Aronis is a weird suggestion - I would also be voting No. Contradictory to my previous statement about nominating someone towards the end of the list, I'd actually like to see Lilith nominated the most right now.

I do think Lilith is likely to be town for wanting to say No to the same two people I wanted to say No to initially (although I'll admit I think personality may be playing a factor into why I would want to vote No to Aronis or Shos, I think personality-wise it'd be more difficult for me to trust them or get a good read on them if a Fascist card gets pulled). Regardless the fact she has the same instincts as me leads me to believe she's also town.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Aronis »

Ladies and gentlemen, if you elect me I
will
make Germany great again! I will cut taxes, grow this economy, and halt the growing tides of facism by returning us to our roots of liberalism! Germany, you have my promise that should I be elected I will allow no facist policies to pass and promote the growth of liberalism! To allow facism to take hold of this country would be a mistake and we must tell Berlin that we will not support facism and if you elect me I will do that! Thank you for your support!

To learn more about my liberal views and policies, please visit: aronis4chancellor.org
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Drench - if you go on a mission with Aronis and fail - would you investigate me?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”