Mini 1749: Classic Rock Mafia: Game Over!

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1124, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1123, AlwaysInnocent wrote:That's because you are too lazy to read anything.

I get insulted all the time, I have build up a tolerance for people shitting on me.

Come back with original material.
It's not an insult. Just an assessment of the situation.

I can be very lazy, too.

I am starting to think you are town, even though you are voting for me.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Classic Rock Mafia:
Votecount #2.46:

Firebringer (5): Dierfire, Davesaz, Garmr, Albert B. Rampage, Aeronaut
Dierfire (2): AlwaysInnocent, Aj The Epic
AlwaysInnocent (1): Firebringer
Aeronaut (0):
Albert B. Rampage (0):
iraonavp (0):
Frozen Angel (0):
Aj The Epic (0):
Garmr (0):
Davesaz (0):

Not voting: iraonavp, Frozen Angel

With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch.

Night falls in (expired on 2016-01-22 21:00:00).

Song:
Who?: Pinball Wizard

Notes:
I don't know!
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@AlwaysInnocent

In post 1105, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Why are you defending the people voting for you? I know that scum try to appear like they don't care when people vote for them (since heavy reactions are often considered scummy), but damn.

I don't entirely understand the question. Are you asking why I would read as Town a player (in general) that was voting for me? Town players can vote for me. They do it all the time. I noted which votes I felt to come from Town players (Aero, you, MattP) and which I felt to come from Mafia players (Iraonavp). The others came from players about whom I am undecided (ABR, AJ).
Are you asking why I'm reading as Town ABR specifically? I'm not really reading him as Town, but I am reading Firebringer as Mafia and his description of ABR's play looked incorrect to me.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@Firebringer

In post 1122, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: I am Innocent

I don't think that this player is in this game.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1128, Dierfire wrote:
@Firebringer

In post 1122, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: I am Innocent

I don't think that this player is in this game.

VOTE: Always Innocent

Ehh, his name is close to that.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 1086, Albert B. Rampage wrote:You haven't done anything to erase the scummy that Dwlee left is what we're saying.

This nuance makes me read both Aeronaut and ABR as town-aligned. It would be easy and beneficial for a scum-aligned player to propose the idea of a town-aligned Firebringer being scum-aligned simply because he is uncooperative, but this isn't done.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 1100, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 1099, iraonavp wrote:
In post 1039, Frozen Angel wrote:Wtf was that shot matt ... why you didn't kill FB ...

I read your ISO and found mostly a scumslip cited as the reason for your push on Firebringer. Was there anything else you noticed on d1? I felt your push was a bit one-dimensional.

What about accusations of you scumslipping, does the fact that you are town-aligned and being accused of scumslipping not make you consider that Firebringer could be in a similar situation to you? I actually felt that the accusations of scumslipping leveled at you had more foundation than those levelled at Firebringer (not at first but after ABR clarified my misunderstanding).

Its about the way he responded to my vote. I felt that he is afraid.

but yeah I might wanna reconsider

UNVOTE: to avoid a quick hammer.

I need to reread game. later

Have I really presented such a new perspective to you?

You seem to be backtracking a bit here, and I find it suspicious after your previous show of confidence:
In post 1091, Frozen Angel wrote:FB

don't deny that your scum in this game :) Its kind of obvious!
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 1102, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 1080, Garmr wrote:I also really don't trust aj the epic for some reason.

I'm not going to let you be the biggest shade thrower in the game and get away with this. You need reasons to have permission for this. Completely unacceptable to go "Yeah invalidate his opinion, I don't trust him 'for some reason'."

I feel as if I do not understand the motivation behind this comment.

Are you saying that you have a problem with Garmr's playstyle (which would not be indicative of alignment), or find this "shade throwing" indicative of him being scum-aligned? I would lean towards you intending the latter interpretation, but some of the wording doesn't suggest that. The idea of "having permission" doesn't really make sense and seems like an outside aspect of the game unrelated to alignment. Same with "completely unacceptable", it sounds like you're attacking his playstyle here.

However, I would like to say that I disagree with you and think that openly admitting that you distrust someone but aren't sure why shows transparency and is indicative of Garmr being town-aligned. It's pretty abysmal as a form of shade-throwing since he is not making a case at all, so it's going to have minimal affect on others' opinion of you. Therefore I don't think the intention was to underhandedly cast doubt on you.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:37 pm

Post by iraonavp »

I would like to point out that one more vote is required to lynch Firebringer.

I don't think we should hammer yet since it's early in the day.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1133, iraonavp wrote:I would like to point out that one more vote is required to lynch Firebringer.

I don't think we should hammer yet since it's early in the day.

I think someone say intent and hammer.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:50 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Why do you think that?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1135, iraonavp wrote:Why do you think that?

several reasons.
Show

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Are you perhaps frustrated at how you, an obviously town-aligned player, has been strung up so quickly and efficiently?
Are you perhaps eager to put the game behind you after you are brutally and unjustly mislynched?
Are you perhaps wanting to prove wrong all those arrogant fools who once doubted that you were town-aligned?
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 1125, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I am starting to think you are town, even though you are voting for me.

I just noticed this. What initiated this change of your read on Firebringer?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I said for avoiding quick hammer

never said I'm less scumreading him .

In post 1137, iraonavp wrote:Are you perhaps frustrated at how you, an obviously town-aligned player, has been strung up so quickly and efficiently?
Are you perhaps eager to put the game behind you after you are brutally and unjustly mislynched?
Are you perhaps wanting to prove wrong all those arrogant fools who once doubted that you were town-aligned?

If he flips scum your my prime suspect. this is like your trying to drail his wagon

I didn't found the time to reread so please don't hammer anyone. I'll promise I'll do it tonight
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:58 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1132, iraonavp wrote:
In post 1080, Garmr wrote:I also really don't trust aj the epic for some reason.

I'm not going to let you be the biggest shade thrower in the game and get away with this. You need reasons to have permission for this. Completely unacceptable to go "Yeah invalidate his opinion, I don't trust him 'for some reason'."

Are you saying that you have a problem with Garmr's playstyle (which would not be indicative of alignment), or find this "shade throwing" indicative of him being scum-aligned? I would lean towards you intending the latter interpretation, but some of the wording doesn't suggest that. The idea of "having permission" doesn't really make sense and seems like an outside aspect of the game unrelated to alignment. Same with "completely unacceptable", it sounds like you're attacking his playstyle here.

However, I would like to say that I disagree with you and think that openly admitting that you distrust someone but aren't sure why shows transparency and is indicative of Garmr being town-aligned. It's pretty abysmal as a form of shade-throwing since he is not making a case at all, so it's going to have minimal affect on others' opinion of you. Therefore I don't think the intention was to underhandedly cast doubt on you.

Shade-throwing as opposed to a straight up accusation is indicative of scum being too afraid of being tied into an argument and thus trying to get away with just doubting a slot or taking away from their legitimacy without actually making a case. Which is why he has no permission to do so. If he wants to pull the bullshit of "I have doubts", which guess what? It's a mafia game and we all do, get some better reasons.

You are completely wrong that 'having doubts' and admitting them in a mafia game shows town. It is so far from it because guess what? SCUM WISH TO SHOW that they have doubts since they know most everything outside specific roles. This lip service isn't town at all. So that line isn't going to work. The whole point is he gets a discredit in a short post which is almost incontestable on any grounds and doesn't need to back it up with reasoning.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:41 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

I didn't found the time to reread so please don't hammer anyone. I'll promise I'll do it tonight
No, we have plenty of time, I think. Don't hammer anyone.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1137, iraonavp wrote:Are you perhaps frustrated at how you, an obviously town-aligned player, has been strung up so quickly and efficiently?

Why did you write the same question three times in a row?

Yes to all the above.
Show

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:42 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 1139, Frozen Angel wrote:I said for avoiding quick hammer

never said I'm less scumreading him .

I sensed a change in your read or perhaps a lack of confidence here, it is reassuring to hear that you still read him as scum-aligned, though:
In post 1100, Frozen Angel wrote:but yeah I might wanna reconsider

If he flips scum your my prime suspect. this is like your trying to drail his wagon

This was not an attempt to derail Firebringer's wagon, but an attempt to pre-empt an appeal to emotion in the hope that he may say something more alignment indicative.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:46 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 1140, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 1132, iraonavp wrote:

Shade-throwing as opposed to a straight up accusation is indicative of scum being too afraid of being tied into an argument and thus trying to get away with just doubting a slot or taking away from their legitimacy without actually making a case. Which is why he has no permission to do so. If he wants to pull the bullshit of "I have doubts", which guess what? It's a mafia game and we all do, get some better reasons.

You are completely wrong that 'having doubts' and admitting them in a mafia game shows town. It is so far from it because guess what? SCUM WISH TO SHOW that they have doubts since they know most everything outside specific roles. This lip service isn't town at all. So that line isn't going to work. The whole point is he gets a discredit in a short post which is almost incontestable on any grounds and doesn't need to back it up with reasoning.

Okay, let's agree to disagree here since that's not really the point I'm trying to get across.

I think your response tells me that you consider things in a way that makes policy lynching someone and normally lynching someone similar. Which seemed a bit suspicious to me before but I think it's just part of your playstyle.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

Iron I hate your posting style, stop being a robot and act like a human so I can get a read on you.
Show

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Nothing in my post suggested I like policy lynches or view them the same as a normal lynch. I don't know where you've messed up your ability to read that correctly as the word 'lynch' never even came up. Garmr made a bad post, I'm calling him for it and you somehow think that announcing baseless paranoia is town.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Garmr »

Aj all my posts are better than yours.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Garmr »

Aj is getting to worked up on how he perceived means he is most likely scum. I mean his scum game is pretty low grade and amateurish but his probably scum.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:08 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1148, Garmr wrote:Aj is getting to worked up on how he perceived means he is most likely scum. I mean his scum game is pretty low grade and amateurish but his probably scum.

In post 1147, Garmr wrote:Aj all my posts are better than yours.

A.) Pot meet kettle.

B.) VOTE: Gamr for straight up misrepresenting what I said. I CLEARLY DESCRIBED that my issue is that he's throwing shade with nothing to back it up and feigning his own 'concern', which is a scum trait. Now you're twisting my words because you got called on your own bullshit.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”