Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

In post 374, N e s s wrote:
In post 372, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I think we get Ness today. I don't like last minute wagons and while some of the stuff Usted has done recently is interesting, I'd rather have time to discuss it and work it out than swap lynch target last minute.

Ahhahaha you say you want to lynch me yet you don't even acknowledge my recent posts

@EE

Now i'd say my other 2 scum would be Kahlan/Usted. Like others are saying about usted his posts are looking funny, and Kahlan because they cherrypicked me just now with a long super in depth post.

I just got off work. I'm sorry, I saw people moving somewhere else and thought that should be said before I get to your posts. I'm getting to it though, gimmme a minute.

And hmm, I actually kind of agree. But your reads here seem a bit omgusy at first look. Let me just go over it, ok?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Usted »

I can see why people would want to lynch me today. I have been inactive. The other forum style mafia game that I have played on a different site puts much less in day 1 reads. I find that it is hard to read people this early in a game. Ultimately I find Day ones to be very boring. I will be more active in the future. I also feel that a since I don't know anyone in this game I am having a hard time remembering who said what and when.

Once again
intent to hammer

PEDIT:
N E S S -- this is Kahlans first game I think. I really feel that you are confusing newb town with scummy behavior. As for me, well its obvious to me that you are wrong about it so meh no reason to go into that too much.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 373, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 371, Huntress wrote:What are you finding scummy about Usted? All I've got are a couple of possible associative tells but that's not enough to vote on without a scum flip.

It's not a very strong case because it's based on my assumption about Ness' alignment. So I think Ness' flip might support the case or make me rethink it a bit. But Usted would have been my second choice for day 1 lynch.

That's why we need to lynch Ness first.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Alright, Ness, I read your other post. Your scum read of kahlan seems to be more OMGUS than anything else, which I get, but she has been misunderstanding/misrepresenting everyone and everything. So I'm starting to think maybe that's not a scum tell on her part. I don't know. I will definitely look over my reads again over night.

I do have to say that we now have had three intents given and still no hammer. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but it's certainly a strange thing.
soulmonarch
soulmonarch
Goon
soulmonarch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by soulmonarch »

In post 378, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I do have to say that we now have had three intents given and still no hammer. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but it's certainly a strange thing.

Won't disagree with that assessment.

But on that note: You aren't voting for anyone at the moment either.

In post 345, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:@Ness. I'm going to revote you at about this time tomorrow if none of my questions are answered. We have two days left in today and I'm not doing this last minute stuff.

If people are waiting around to get information from him, I'm not against that at all. But deadline is like... six hours away? (I think? My math might be bad.)
[i]"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."[/i]
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Deadline is seventeen hours away. I'm not voting him because I unvoted and kahlan revoted. I'm really considering hammering right now, I'm not sure what we're waiting on. The only reason I've waited this long is because there are two intents on the table and I'm assuming that one of them has something they want to do/say that they're waiting on?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Huntress »

I think we were just waiting for Ness to say some more but it looks like he's done that now, so unless you want anything else from him I guess you can go ahead, otherwise I can do it in the morning.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Vote NESS
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:16 pm

I think Usted needs serious looking into tomorrow regardless of what Ness flips, but especially if he flips scum. Two intents and no movement isn't great
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 377, Huntress wrote:

I was thinking Drixx might have a stronger case but you are right.

I think it needs to have : for the vote to count (?)
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:20 pm

In post 384, newbieinmafia wrote:

VOTE: Ness
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 383, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I think Usted needs serious looking into tomorrow regardless of what Ness flips,
but especially if he flips scum
. Two intents and no movement isn't great

I was actually thinking the other way around.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 385, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 384, newbieinmafia wrote:

VOTE: Ness

*Slowly claps*

Great job guys, you just lynched you Vanilla Townie, like i said you would :lol: :lol: :lol:
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by N e s s »

Rip Ness, i'll do better next game i'm in.

I buried my own grave this game too. I think i play mafia a bit better when i'm playing with people i'm confortable with.

Anyway, people you should be wary of.

EE
WorkDawg
Kahlan
Usted.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 16, End of Day
N e s s (5): soulmonarch, Workdawg, newbieinmafia, Kahlan, Extrapolated Eagle
~~~ [LYNCH]

Kahlan (2): Usted, N e s s

Not Voting (2)
: Drixx, Huntress

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)

N e s s has been lynched. Flip coming shortly.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Zar »

***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN MOD SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

Each class session proved to be a different challenge for Professor Zar. Class 108 was no different. It seemed slow to build, but eventually it got to a point where the students made a decision on who they wanted out of their sessions. They had focused on N e s s, about whom it had been decided that he was perhaps a bit strange. Strangeness being a certain sign of guilt, of course, as many other things are these days.

While not being precisely the most active session, it was not really the slowest paced of his lessons either. Being fair, it wasn't any different from a few of the first year of tenure-ship at MSU. Not even in the outcome, really.

But once again as it had become usual, Professor Zar conceded to the class consensus decisions, always interested in letting the exercise run it course. So, he took N e s s's application slip to reveal it to the entire class, so that a select few could work on their homework. Some of the students would definitely have to act surprised, while having other assignments to complete.

"Class, I should see you on Wednesday."

N e s s,
Vanilla Townie
, asked to leave the Class (lynched) on Day One!

It is Now Night One and will last for Forty Eight (48) Hours.

Deadline
: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:00 PM New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-14 00:00:00)
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Zar »

***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN MOD SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

"Good morning class! For those of you who aren't familiar with the course material yet, you will find that today we are down to seven for this session. You see, while you're away for business, the members of the informed minority are busy with their class projects. Obviously, I can't tell you who they are, but I can tell you who will no longer going to be allowed in our sessions as a result of their homework. He's been shot! But don't panic, this only means your classmate is no longer permitted in our classroom. He's going to be in the Student Lounge from now on. As I continue to reiterate to all other sessions of this course, your classmate isn't really dead or anything... It's not how things roll in my exercise we have here..."

The students seemed puzzled. The Professor sighed and continued with his introduction.

"To clarify, for all intents and purposes of this class he is dead, cannot talk here anymore, and he won't be allowed to approach any of you while we remain in session. So, get back on your feet, everyone, we have a lot of material to cover. Remember: the assignment for the uniformed majority (town) is to figure out who are behind the ploy. The uninformed minority has their own assignment. Let's see who the better team is!"

Professor Zar then stood up and used the green marker to write a name in the whiteboard. The students couldn't read their instructor's emotions very well, it was difficult for them to discern if the course of events left him excited or amused, but they certainly knew the class today seemed to be an exercise he was looking forward to.

Drixx,
Vanilla Townie
shot on Night One!

It is Now Day Two.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 2, Votecount 0

Not Voting (7)
: newbieinmafia, Usted, Kahlan, soulmonarch, Extrapolated Eagle, Huntress, Workdawg

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 27, 2016 11:15 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-28 00:15:00)
Show

Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Usted »

Is it just me or is Zar's font really hard to read and a bit nauseating. (it looks like 3d, granted I have really bad vision and my glasses are really thick and that causes some issues with seeing colors properly).

Anyways now we have some things to dicuss like how I was wrong about drixx being scum, and we were all wrong about NESS being scum. It is pretty late here so I will go back and look at some ISO's to see who I think would be likely to kill drixx (welcome to WIFOM city)
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by Huntress »

He doesn't seem to be using a special font, and the colours look fine for me against the mafsilver colour scheme.

Actually, I just switched to mafblack briefly and I think I can see what you mean. If you're using the black scheme you might want to try one of the others to see if it works better for you.

I'm going to do a quick reread later today based on the flips.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Usted »

New background made a huge difference.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:58 am

VOTE: Usted

That's a very interesting spin on things you've got there. Very convenient to forget that Drixx seemed to want you dead at the end of yesterday.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Workdawg »

Well, that sucks. It is too bad that our IC is gone. It occurs to me now after looking back that Drixx mentioned a few "interesting things" early in the day that he never elaborated on, so we're going to miss out on that, as well as his guidance as an experience scum hunter. :(

In post 393, Usted wrote:...
Anyways now we have some things to dicuss like
how I was wrong about drixx being scum
, and we were all wrong about NESS being scum. It is pretty late here so I will go back and look at some ISO's to see who I think would be likely to kill drixx (welcome to WIFOM city)

If you thought Drixx was scum, why was your vote on Kahlan at the end of the day and not Drixx?
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:50 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

Based on the NK choice, it seemed too obvious for Usted to be mafia so I don't know (not sure I want to get into WIFOM this early). I am gonna have to reread.
I was hoping Drixx would be alive for at least one more day.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:01 am

In post 398, newbieinmafia wrote:Based on the NK choice, it seemed too obvious for Usted to be mafia so I don't know (not sure I want to get into WIFOM this early). I am gonna have to reread.
I was hoping Drixx would be alive for at least one more day.

The way I see it thats exactly the reason he can get away with a drixx nk. He can just WIFOM himself out of it and then theres really no way to analyze the nk because it's all WIFOM. In my experience scum work greater in WIFOM and it makes sense for him to get rid of drixx before he shared anything more. I don't see why anyone else would get rid of him either. If you look, he seemed pretty high on everyone's lynch lists. I think he's a pretty poor nk choice for anyone else.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”