Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Drixx »

Vote Count 1.2AlwaysInnocent {1} -
Yonom
TheCow
, Something_Smart
Cerberus v666 {0} -
Something_Smart
NotAnAlt {0} -
AlwaysInnocent
PhantomCobalt {0} -
AlwaysInnocent
pistachi0n {0} -
RhazhBash {0} -
Something_Smart
SirCakez {3} - RhazhBash, pistachi0n, AlwaysInnocent,
Something_Smart

Something_Smart {5} - SirCakez, Titus, TheCow, PhantomCobalt, Yonom
TheCow {0} -
Titus {0} -
Victor_Mortimer {0} -
Viva La Gloria {0} -
Yonom {0} -
PhantomCobalt

Not Voting (4): Cerberus v666, NotAnAlt, Victor_Mortimer, Viva La Gloria

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2016-01-27 22:00:00) from now, or January 27th, 10:00 PM Eastern (GMT-5).

Prodding: N/A
Replacing: Viva La Gloria and Victor_Mortimer
Last edited by Drixx on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Yonom
Yonom
Townie
Yonom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Yonom »

In post 173, Something_Smart wrote:It just so happens that two of the three I don't like are on my wagon, a wagon which half the players who have posted are on.

Ah, true. I admit my logical fallacy (whops!) and take back what I said in my last paragraph, thanks for correcting me on it.

Just because I think you are acting a bit odd or scummy doesn't mean that I would want to lynch you right away. We still have 12 (real life) days left and it would be silly to jump to any conclusion this fast.

In post 173, Something_Smart wrote:Right now, my biggest scumreads are AlwaysInnocent and Yonom.

If I'm allowed to express my opinion here, I'd like to ask you this: You seemed pretty convinced about SirCakez's scummy behavior and earlier, Rhazh's. What made you change your opinion about those two people?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I haven't really changed my opinion about them, I just have bigger fish to fry now. They are mild scumreads, you are moderate scum, and AI is scum.
Also my reads can be really capricious in the early phases of the game. Just a heads up.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 177, Something_Smart wrote:I haven't really changed my opinion about them, I just have bigger fish to fry now. They are mild scumreads, you are moderate scum, and AI is scum.
Also my reads can be really capricious in the early phases of the game. Just a heads up.

I don't like this post.

We've already seen your reads being capricious in the early phases of the game. It's a little too late for "just a heads up."
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Titus »

*points to spot on SS wagon with
Pistach0n
written on it*

*gestures profusely*
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

In post 172, Titus wrote:I am going to wait until y'all see this yourselves or I can prove said tell is a tell.

Peace out, love you. I would rather not pull out the sledgehammer.
I think you should prove that it's a tell. From my point of view right now, SS currently fits a certain profile for a type of player I often wind up thinking is scum but that I'm finding more and more is not scum. More specifically, his play this game has involved getting early suspicion and then bouncing around with his vote as if trying to find literally anything that will stick. And even just typing this out I'm getting that
this is the time
paranoid feeling and would feel really dumb if he does turn out to be scum and I conf-bias myself against it and I almost want to delete this whole paragraph but I won't I won't I won't I won't I won't. Square peg. Round hole. Show me the sledgehammer.
Moooooooooooo!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Titus »

I will. There's a couple games that I want to end first so I am certain I am on this side of legal. :)
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 177, Something_Smart wrote:I haven't really changed my opinion about them, I just have bigger fish to fry now. They are mild scumreads, you are moderate scum, and AI is scum.
I still believe you are town. A foolish townie, but still.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 138, SirCakez wrote:How does it work then?

AI are you gonna respond to this or keep ignoring it?
In post 140, Cerberus v666 wrote:I vote, Titus, but not for reasons this weak.

Cakes: how does your read on SS relate to your read on rhazh?

Rhazh is most likely to be town out of my three scumreads. SS's vote on Rhazh supports that.
In post 157, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 128, SirCakez wrote:What an interesting wagon composition.
Cerberus are you willing to place a vote yet?

Could you comment on what you find interesting about it?

All of my scumreads were on my wagon and all of my town reads were on the SS wagon.

SS is so eager to change votes. I think this is his third serious vote now. Why are you switching wagons so much?

In post 171, Yonom wrote:
In post 167, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 115, Yonom wrote:I kinda have to agree with SirCakez and PC here, Something_Smart seems to be jumping on conclusions too fast and too randomly.

VOTE: Something_Smart

This was your only explanation for your vote. It seems like a weak buddying attempt and a crap explanation that could easily apply to several other players (how is the flashwagon on me not jumping to conclusions?). What I did was neither too fast (barely out of RVS) nor random (I gave reasons for each vote), and that qualifies your vote as opportunism.

Pfft, buddying attempt? If I were trying to buddy, I would do it in
style
and not like that. SirCakez is the 2nd scummiest on my list and don't think I would want to buddy them.

Why no mention of this before in your "I agree with SirCakez and PC" post?
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:17 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 183, SirCakez wrote:All of my scumreads were on my wagon and all of my town reads were on the SS wagon.

But what's the causality here? You're implying that they're on your wagon because you're scumreading them. Is that the case, or are you scumreading them because they're on your wagon? Same question with the townreads on the SS wagon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:24 am

SirCakez, the confbias is real. When I vote you, you call it opportunistic and trying to avoid a lynch by pushing a counterwagon. When I move off of you, you say I'm moving my vote around too much. One of those decisions had to be consistent with your expectation of town, so why are you pretending that neither is?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:25 am

Post by SirCakez »

pistachi0n wrote:
In post 183, SirCakez wrote:All of my scumreads were on my wagon and all of my town reads were on the SS wagon.

But what's the causality here? You're implying that they're on your wagon because you're scumreading them. Is that the case, or are you scumreading them because they're on your wagon? Same question with the townreads on the SS wagon.

No I made my scumreads before the wagon on me developed. I'm saying it supports my scumreads that the three people I'm scumreading were all voting together on town.
And the same applies to the townreads. They were all voting a scumread of mine together which fits with me being the scum counterwagon to SS and them all being town.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 185, Something_Smart wrote:SirCakez, the confbias is real. When I vote you, you call it opportunistic and trying to avoid a lynch by pushing a counterwagon. When I move off of you, you say I'm moving my vote around too much. One of those decisions had to be consistent with your expectation of town, so why are you pretending that neither is?

Yes because you jumped on me only after others had voted me despite you apparently having a steadfast scum read on Rhazh. I'd have expected town to stay on me if they really believed I was scum as you apparently had a strong scum read on me as well. Same issue with both votes: jumping off of votes onto other wagons easily despite previous apparent strong scum reads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 am

So basically, all townies tunnel from early day 1.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:35 am

Post by SirCakez »

Townies usually have confidence in their scumreads.
Yonom
Yonom
Townie
Yonom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Yonom »

In post 183, SirCakez wrote:Why no mention of this before in your "I agree with SirCakez and PC" post?

I wanted to give my vote to SS for the reasons I have already explained in my last few posts. I didn't expect you guys to be nitpicking this much and call it a buddying attempt (I think it is silly). Therefore I did not express my opinion on you, just like I didn't talk about any other player's behavior (other than SS) in that post. I just didn't see the need to do so.
Although now that I think about it, I probably should have :P

Hope this clears it up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:47 am

SirCakez wrote:Townies usually have confidence in their scumreads.

How much confidence? 'Cause I've been wrong enough to know that I may very well not be right here.
And while I do have limited confidence in multiple scumreads, I only have one vote. Are you telling me to only suspect one person at a time?
Yonom
Yonom
Townie
Yonom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Yonom »

In post 190, Yonom wrote:
In post 183, SirCakez wrote:Why no mention of this before in your "I agree with SirCakez and PC" post?

I wanted to give my vote to SS for the reasons I have already explained in my last few posts. I didn't expect you guys to be nitpicking this much and call it a buddying attempt (I think it is silly). Therefore I did not express my opinion on you, just like I didn't talk about any other player's behavior (other than SS) in that post. I just didn't see the need to do so.
Although now that I think about it, I probably should have :P

Hope this clears it up.

Just to be clear. I don't think accusing me of a buddying attempt is scummy. I can understand it from your point of view and I'd expect town to act in the same way.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:53 am

Post by RhazhBash »

I'm about to reread the thread and look more into a few people's ISOs, but just a quick note. I've played enough games with SirCakez to say this. If Cakez is playing like Town, he's scum. If he's playing like garbage, he's Town. Believe me on this I've seen him play amazing as scum and terribad at Town.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

Fair enough Yonom.

SS I'm saying you jumped votes too easily for how apparently confident you were in your scumreads. No conviction in actually pushing a wagon through on the person being voted.

Different site different meta Rhazh.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:00 am

Post by SirCakez »

And that game I was awful in you're referring to was closed, bastard, heavily-themed and flavor-based, allowed arguments based on flavor and allowed rolecard quoting in thread. Not exactly similar to this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:03 am

I'm almost never confident day 1.
But that doesn't mean I don't have reasons.
And I haven't changed any of those reads. I voted Rhazh because he was mildly scummy. Then you were scummier so I voted you. Then AI was scummier so I voted him.
You're basically saying that once you have one scumread you should ignore everyone else and death tunnel that person. That's antitown.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:06 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 196, Something_Smart wrote:I'm almost never confident day 1.
But that doesn't mean I don't have reasons.
And I haven't changed any of those reads. I voted Rhazh because he was mildly scummy. Then you were scummier so I voted you. Then AI was scummier so I voted him.
You're basically saying that once you have one scumread you should ignore everyone else and death tunnel that person. That's antitown.
I agree with you man.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:06 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 70, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Rhazh
Attacking people without voting to support it, making unprompted references to what the scum want or do, inconsistencies in play. Overall feels like he is trying to fit in and play like everyone else is.

This doesn't sound like "mildly scummy".
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:08 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 198, SirCakez wrote:
In post 70, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Rhazh
Attacking people without voting to support it, making unprompted references to what the scum want or do, inconsistencies in play. Overall feels like he is trying to fit in and play like everyone else is.

This doesn't sound like "mildly scummy".
Now you are nitpicking.

Return to “Completed Open Games”