NY 193 : Werewolf Mania (GAME OVER- TOWN WIN)

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 136, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 134, Xkfyu wrote:So, since you couldn't know for sure that he was inexperienced, I'm wondering why, and how, you made that assumption. If, in fact, it actually was an assumption.

An assumption based on his mafiascum join date, his frequent use of WIFOM and his early VT roleclaim.

Please explain to me the thought-process behind these questions.

None of which are necessarily indicative of inexperience.

I actually saw exactly what Almost50 was doing, well before he came out with his actual claim. Perhaps if you had not been looking only for scum motivation behind his posts, then you might have seen it too.

To answer your question though, I'll admit this is the first game I've ever played where scum don't actually have day talk. Well, the second, to be fair, but the first one was ika's Lawless game where I was a Survivor, and I just lurked through it jumping on bandwagons, so I never thought about it. Anyways, I was thinking that the assumption could have stemmed from a PT discussion. However, since that obviously can't be the case, I retract that particular question. My paragraph above, however, still stands.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:19 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 145, BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:Next, almost50. Read his meta before digging too deep into this. I'm not going to attempt to read him day 1 after defending him last game only to find out he was scum, but this sort of play seems normal for him.

Have you seen his town meta?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:20 am

Post by ika »

Xkufy how do you know scums don't have day chat?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 152, ika wrote:Xkufy how do you know scums don't have day chat?

Because if they did, for this to be considered a Normal game, then it would have had to have been announced in the game rules. Since it wasn't, they don't.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:28 am

Post by ika »

It doesn't have to be announced iirc.

There also more then one way for it to have daychat
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Silver: Thank you for the explanation.

@BeBop: I promise I won't let you down this time around. :wink:

@ika: from the wiki page: "Mafia may have daytalk without an Encryptor as long as it is announced in the game's rules beforehand.". It thus follows if it's not posted in the rules of this particular game that they don't have day chat.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:31 am

Post by ika »

That does not mean that they don't have daychat via encrypotr.....

Read what you quoted again and tell me why it's fact they don't have it
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:38 am

Post by ika »

Silver can we plan to taper this game tonight? I get off at 8
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 156, ika wrote:That does not mean that they don't have daychat via encrypotr.....

Read what you quoted again and tell me why it's fact they don't have it

You're right. I had forgotten about the possibility of an Encryptor, but if there isn't an Ecryptor, then scum don't have day talk, because the Normal Game rules say it must be announced in the game rules if they have day talk without an Encryptor.

On that, how often is that role used?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 am

Post by ika »

It can be fairly common. That's why I'm curious why you concluded that so fast....
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:41 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 149, ika wrote:SILVER IM HERE LETS TALK I GOT AN HR

In post 157, ika wrote:Silver can we plan to taper this game tonight? I get off at 8

Hi ika!!!!

taper this game?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:42 am

Post by ika »

Sort this game
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

Hmmm.. I haven't thought of it that way. I learn something new in every game I play.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:42 am

Post by ika »

I want to sit and do a realtime sit down to sort us and the game
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 159, ika wrote:It can be fairly common. That's why I'm curious why you concluded that so fast....

Like I said, I'm used to scum always having day talk, so I hadn't even heard of the role until I was reading up on what was considered to be Normal on this site, before the game started.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:10 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 151, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 145, BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:Next, almost50. Read his meta before digging too deep into this. I'm not going to attempt to read him day 1 after defending him last game only to find out he was scum, but this sort of play seems normal for him.

Have you seen his town meta?

K so the reason I asked this is cause Bebop says "this sort of play seems normal for him". BUT if he's only ever been scum w/ him then he doesn't really know what his "normal" play is.

In fact, he should be super suspicious of him if this is similar to the game where he defended him when he was scum.

I'm normally not a huge meta diver but I decided that it seemed relevant this game and I'd say that this type of play looks alot more like Almost50s scum game then his town game.

Check his ISO from the scum game. In particular:

Spoiler:
In post 721, Almost50 wrote:@Ümläüt: I'm fed up, and my head is aches everytime I try to figure things out, bc there's something clogging my view/line of thoughts and can't seem to figure it out.

I do believe SirCakez is town. Period. Anyone else is on the table from where I stand. I would rather Snarky still. I don't feel right about him, and I cannot explain why nobody else is counter claiming to end this.

That being said, I'll vote whomever you guys agree to lynch; aside from SC. You think I won't vote myself? You're wrong. If a majority agrees to voting me out, so be it. *Shrug* I did offer Snarky the chance to say he jailed me last night, but even that he didn't accept. Yet, he still doesn't feel right about me based on one thing or another.. or maybe nothing but a gut feeling/dislike of my playstyle (which isn't much of a style bc I have not adopted one just yet).

To conclude my posts -that I admit says nothing still- I'm offering you an alternative to what I had offered earlier. Take me first, and when I flip, please consider the 0.01% possibility that Snarky's been playing you all along. The Tracker (if GM's speculation about the setup is spot on) may have nobody cleared just yet and is not too sure which of the two claimed PRs to believe). If that's the case I'm telling them Snarky's the one claiming to be the tracker, so if you come out now it's between you and him.

Alas; maybe I'm delusional... and there's not much I can do about it now. So, if you want me.. you've got me:

UNVOTE: Snarky
VOTE: Almost

Happy now?

and

Spoiler:
In post 780, Almost50 wrote:Guys, I don't really know what you want from me anymore. :!:

You want to lynch me? I'm offering you my own vote on myself.
You want to lynch someone else? I'll place my vote on whomever you want me to.
You want to take a little break bc of the holidays season? I'm game too.. just don't want to get a prod.
You want a wider discussion? Start one or state the point(s) you wish to discuss and I'll jump right in.

I do NOT wish to upset anyone, really. All I'm trying to do is have as much fun as I can, and -maybe- learn from you all.

Bottom line, 3 votes on me already, so need just one more for the hammer. If you wish me to switch my vote to someone else, I'll do it, provided you get 3 votes on them (just to be sure it's a majority) and I'll be the hammer. The way I see it: The town cannot lose, bc we have 3 confirmed townies (or do we?).

looks damn familiar.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Xkfyu »

@Zulfy

Can you answer my please?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 142, Zulfy wrote:@Xk, anyone else really Idk I am still looking

Also, why would you try to talk us out of pressuring ika and Almost50, when you yourself don't have any preference other than those two? Surely, it's better to be pressuring someone (what we were already doing), than to be pressuring no one (what you seem to want us to do).
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 143, Ricastle wrote:Happy with my vote where it is.

The idea that ika requires pressure to be sorted is nonsensical. His alignment becomes glaringly obvious as the game goes on regardless.

Ok so, just in case you die between now and when his ika's alignment becomes "glaringly obvious," would you mind telling the rest of us how to figure it out?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

@JarJar: So you won't let go even after I role claimed. This makes you either scum or a very misguided town who will not be too beneficial to town on the long run.

UNVOTE: BlackStar

VOTE: JarJarDrinks

You're continued beating of the already very much dead horse is preventing the town from scumhunting elsewhere. There's NOTHING to be found here when I have stated, repeated and further reasserted my will to be the lynch of the day some 7-10 days later on. If you're going to spend a whole week inspecting my case and mine alone then I'm not sure my initial read on you was spot on (I'm getting well used to including scum in my initial town reads, so this doesn't at all surprise me).

In fact; at this point I'm willing to accept 15 other votes on me w/o considering it being scummy. Yours, and YOURS ALONE is the one vote I'd consider to be a STRONG SCUM TELL if you do cast it on me.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

And if you want to see my town play; I'm referring you to the most recent game I played on the other site. Here
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 144, SilverWolf wrote:Responses to me voting for ika
Spoiler:
In post 122, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 120, SilverWolf wrote:Back to this.

VOTE: ika

In post 103, ika wrote:ok im off to work.

ika's not at home...
:giggle:

In post 125, Zulfy wrote:
Putting pressure on almost50 or ika is pretty useless in my opinion.

We need to put pressure on a player so as to see not only the reactions of the people around the wagon but the player being pressured as well.
Cuz we're going to get the former no matter what so we might as well go for the most info possible with the latter.

And with ika, who seems like he's gonna have a very hollow playstyle, or almost50, who seems to have a strange way of going about playing this thing, I don't think we're gonna get too much outta either when we pressure them.

Pedit: Robster I'm not really seeing why you have a problem with Keyser's post.

In post 138, Keyser Söze wrote:
"she obviously believes that pressuring ika could give us good insight"

Yes, pressure on all slots is productive. As I said, this game is built on interactions. I just found it amusing that SilverWolf placed her vote on a player who just signed off to work (it's pressure, not not real pressure).

I was interested in hearing her notes on ika's scum meta. I.e does scum-ika react a certain way to naked votes on his slot while he is at work
:giggle:

In post 143, Ricastle wrote:Happy with my vote where it is.

The idea that ika requires pressure to be sorted is nonsensical. His alignment becomes glaringly obvious as the game goes on regardless.

I love all these responses to me voting for ika. I've also already explained why I'm doing it and what I think of his meta. There's def scum in here defending him if he's town and if he's scum, likely a scumbuddy in here.

ika-reads?

Keyser-reads?

So basically what you're saying is that, regardless of ika's alignment, you believe one of {Keyser, Zulfy, Ricastle} is scum?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

I won't even tell you what my role/handle is. You should be able to figure it out yourself.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Why are u referencing that game?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

You mean you can't even figure THAT out??

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”