Blitz 21 - Hope plus One ―kibou― [End]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

votecount 1.6
Scatterplot (4) - Expedience, Mad King Ashnard, Sakura Hana, KTthecreeper

talah (2) - hiplop, PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt (1) - Wisdom
Sakura Hana (1) - Ankamius
Antihero (1) - Trebuchet MS
Trebuchet MS (1) - Antihero
Ranger (1) - talah
KTthecreeper (1) - Ranger

Not voting (1) - Scatterplot

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is January 24, 2:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2016-01-24 02:00:00).
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by Scatterplot »

Ranger
is town enough for now. I like what she's doing and I don't like dislike anything she's doing. I liked .

@
Expedience
: Your questions are still useless to me and answering them won't help you read me at all. No, don't argue, because I'm right: even if I were scum here, I could give some bullshit answer that I know players like you would eat right up. But I'm not, and I'm not answering unless it looks like it actually matters.

Antihero
: talk to me about someone of your choice who isn't Spifquis.

Trebuchet MS
I really hate posts like but I always scumread spiffeh so I want to give them a little bit of space.

Wisdom
, with Expedience I feel like it's bad that all of his posts are focused on me and he's not looking around outside his tunnel but he feels kind of like one of those newbies that thinks colouring in the lines slowly and painstakingly is town and colouring in quickly and not filling the shapes in completely is scum and it's a dumb way to approach the game but it reminds me of those players in their first game who think that everything they don't understand is scummy? But he's been here since July and has 11 completed games so maybe I shouldn't be giving him a pass for that because he's not actually that new, huh. The point of this paragraph was to ask you about your read on him but I think I just talked myself into seeing it from your perspective so there's that. Has anyone played with Expedience? Does he know better than to be playing this shabbily or is this par for the course?

Sakura Hana
: I don't know how to read you so I'm delegating that task to other players for now until you have a larger body of work in this thread.

Mad King Ashnard
this looks like a teaching hydra so please put Rask on the phone, he'll learn more by doing than by watching. By the way, another of his games that I was spectating is completed now and he was really obvtown to me there and he was town. Just so you know.

Ankamius
needs to be doing more. I don't care about how often they post. I care that they've not done very much with the 16 posts that they've written when they've here.

hippyloppy
how do you read spiffy because I mislynched him in History thinking that my townself would have been suspicious of him and then I proved myself right for mislynching him in the Odds for the exact same reasons as town.

KTthecreeper
tell me who is scum and why they are scum using a reason that nobody else has used before in this thread about that person.

PhantomCobalt
tell me who is scum and why they are scum using a reason that nobody else has used before in this thread about that person.

talah
we were voting you earlier but we unvoted because the L-1 was too soon. Ether's not feeling your wagonning, I feel like you're trying to be useful (in the bad sense) and that you've got off onto the wrong foot as a result of being wagonned while you were sleeping. That's not snouting around it, that's not wanting to lynch you based on the 3 posts you had at the time we unvoted. I feel okay with you being cautious of me but "Plot is hard to read" is not a good reason to lynch me, sorry!

You've said that my reasoning on stuff is bad but you're ignoring that I'm on purpose explicitly refusing to provide reasoning because doing so will interfere with me getting reads. It's not a permanent refusal it's a temporary refusal and it's really fucking weird that everyone thinks it's scummy when a person is refusing to say "hey I'm going to do something to get a read on you now and the right answer is
hat
and if you say
hat
I will townread you and if you say
egg
I will scumread you and if you say
danceHello
I will null read you okay good now let's get started."

Can we all agree that that would be scummier than what I'm doing? Please? Like I feel like I've stumbled into a newbie game here with all the "town would explain everything clearly and logical and lay it all out in advance telegraphing how to get townread by them so that everybody knows how to behave in order to get townread and scum would be treat the game thread as the scumposting thread" that is floating around in this thread and that's a really strange way to feel when this playerlist is mostly experienced players. You're better than this and I don't believe that these are positions you genuinely hold.

I also feel like a lot of your reads are very self centered, based solely on how people are voting you or not voting you and not really based around how other people are interacting with each other, but that's a humantell not a scumtell. Still, I'd like to see you branch out some here and do more than just scumhunt off your wagon when you're at L-5.

--P
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by talah »

In post 476, Scatterplot wrote:
talah
we were voting you earlier but we unvoted because the L-1 was too soon. Ether's not feeling your wagonning, I feel like you're trying to be useful (in the bad sense) and that you've got off onto the wrong foot as a result of being wagonned while you were sleeping. That's not snouting around it, that's not wanting to lynch you based on the 3 posts you had at the time we unvoted. I feel okay with you being cautious of me but "Plot is hard to read" is not a good reason to lynch me, sorry!

The other side of it is that I'll tend to trust RC's read on you if I get to thinking they're town, and may well sheep if it comes down to it (which it well might in a Blitz game).
What does "useful in the bad sense" mean, exactly?

In post 476, Scatterplot wrote:You've said that my reasoning on stuff is bad but you're ignoring that I'm on purpose explicitly refusing to provide reasoning because doing so will interfere with me getting reads. It's not a permanent refusal it's a temporary refusal and it's really fucking weird that everyone thinks it's scummy when a person is refusing to say "hey I'm going to do something to get a read on you now and the right answer is
hat
and if you say
hat
I will townread you and if you say
egg
I will scumread you and if you say
danceHello
I will null read you okay good now let's get started."

I don't understand this logic as an excuse to not flesh out reads that you're throwing out there in the first place.
If there's nothing else to a read than what you've already said, you say that and drop it, not engage in wally posting which does nothing to clarify your position. IMHO.

In post 476, Scatterplot wrote:Can we all agree that that would be scummier than what I'm doing? Please? Like I feel like I've stumbled into a newbie game here with all the "town would explain everything clearly and logical and lay it all out in advance telegraphing how to get townread by them so that everybody knows how to behave in order to get townread and scum would be treat the game thread as the scumposting thread" that is floating around in this thread and that's a really strange way to feel when this playerlist is mostly experienced players. You're better than this and I don't believe that these are positions you genuinely hold.

Are you addressing me specifically here? Because you started with "Can we all agree..." and finished with "I don't believe your positions are genuine".
Whining about the the thread is kind of pointless wouldn't you agree?
Also you've asked at least two other players in your list above to give a read with a reason so...

In post 476, Scatterplot wrote:I also feel like a lot of your reads are very self centered, based solely on how people are voting you or not voting you and not really based around how other people are interacting with each other, but that's a humantell not a scumtell. Still, I'd like to see you branch out some here and do more than just scumhunt off your wagon when you're at L-5.

Like I said, wagons are good and the fact that the major wagon of today was my own doesn't exclude me from analysing it, especially when I'm in the fortunate position of knowing exactly what alignment the wagon was on.
I'm not sure if you even voted me (I vaguely remember I think Ether unvoting me(?)) but you've certainly been sniffing around and you have direct experience with me-town now so you should be able to come to the table with something more coherent than what you have.

So I have several scum-tickles coming from your direction and am not really inclined to think better of it when you've just posted another bunch of words at me which sort of loop around themselves and don't address my basic problem which is - why did you think I was scum based on that initial interaction with Wisdom?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:02 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 474, talah wrote:with bad or no reasoning.

Tough luck. I rarely give any reasoning for my pushes either. Doesn't make me scum. Stop assuming town are playing perfectly.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

VOTE: KT
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:12 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

I think KT is scum.

He has mentioned my town meta 5 times, in d1. Why? You really can't be wrong about meta. You can say "on my home-site Phantom is never this active as town", and that statement can be perfectly valid. I can't change my past games in any way, and he can say shit like that about him. KT is playing it safe so he isn't attacked and shown the spotlight.

And while we're on the topic of avoiding the spotlight, why not add in the fact that KT just joined the now largest wagon?

VOTE: KT
Speed don't lie.
CC
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 am

Post by Scatterplot »

In post 477, talah wrote:The other side of it is that I'll tend to trust RC's read on you if I get to thinking they're town, and may well sheep if it comes down to it (which it well might in a Blitz game).
What does "useful in the bad sense" mean, exactly?
RC doesn't know how to read me. The only recent game he has with me is one that I was barely playing in because I was sick and his read was based primarily on my hydra partner's posting. Talk to wisdom, hippyloppy, and KT who have all been scum together with me recently instead. They are almost certainly not all scum.

Useful in the bad sense means "scum trying to be useful", the kind of "look at me I am a town aligned player who can win with the town who is usefully moving the game along" posting that is more likely to come from scum than not.

talah wrote:
I don't understand this logic as an excuse to not flesh out reads that you're throwing out there in the first place.
I am looking for a very specific thing from Phantom in response to my claiming to townread him and 3 people have spent 6 pages demanding that I say what that specific thing is instead of letting me do my own thing. There is no good reason not to give me space to do my own thing on day 1. If you don't know how to read someone, you give them space until you can see whether the bulk of their in thread actions are benefitting town wincon or scum wincon which is not going to become apparent on day 1.

talah wrote:If there's nothing else to a read than what you've already said, you say that and drop it, not engage in wally posting which does nothing to clarify your position. IMHO.
There is more to the read than what I've said. I will say it when I want to. I cannot control the format of my posts.

talah wrote:Are you addressing me specifically here? Because you started with "Can we all agree..." and finished with "I don't believe your positions are genuine".
Whining about the the thread is kind of pointless wouldn't you agree?
Also you've asked at least two other players in your list above to give a read with a reason so...
you specifically but also the other people that have been doing it.

I'm not whining.

I've asked at least two other players to give a read with a reason and you don't know where I'm going with that, how I will interpret a refusal to give a read, how I will interpret a read, how I will interpret Phantom's failure to follow directions (he gave a reason but it's one I gave previously, not one of his own). And,
once again
you see two players trying to sort each other and you butt in and demand to know what the right answer to the test is before the other player has a chance to respond and that's scummy.

talah wrote:
Like I said, wagons are good and the fact that the major wagon of today was my own doesn't exclude me from analysing it, especially when I'm in the fortunate position of knowing exactly what alignment the wagon was on.
Sure, but that's all you've done. I'm asking you to do something else in addition to that.

talah wrote:I'm not sure if you even voted me (I vaguely remember I think Ether unvoting me(?)) but you've certainly been sniffing around and you have direct experience with me-town now so you should be able to come to the table with something more coherent than what you have.
Ether never voted you. I voted you, Ether asked if she could unvote because the L-1 was too soon and she wasn't scumreading you, I said sure and asked if she wanted to vote somebody else instead, she said not yet and unvoted. I'm not sniffing around. I'm scumreading you. I'm also not trying to lynch you yet because I want to spend some more time with day 1 and because I respect my hydra partner's reads.

I have direct experience with youtown in a game that I was too sick to read the thread and whenever I tried I couldn't understand all the words and I had these very brief moments of almostclarity where I could sort of muddle together a post but I was understanding very little of what I was reading and you showed me how much I was misreading (And it really was misreading, not misrepping) and I cried in real life because I'd done my best and it wasn't good enough and trying to think was like trying to light a fire with wet matches.

I was actually downplaying how sick I was in that game by quite a bit, even hiding it from my girlfriend like a cat that doesn't want to be taken to the vet. I'm getting better though.

So I don't remember much about that game, I thought you seemed townish when I was paying attention but I knew your alignment already there.

talah wrote:So I have several scum-tickles coming from your direction and am not really inclined to think better of it when you've just posted another bunch of words at me which sort of loop around themselves and don't address my basic problem which is - why did you think I was scum based on that initial interaction with Wisdom?
Scumreading me for my communication style is bad because it's something I cannot help.

I had no idea that's what your basic problem was. My basic problem was that you got in between two players who were trying to sort each other instead of letting them sort each other. You did it with Wisdom and Sakura. You did it with me and Phantom. You're kinda doing it with me and RC too.

This is the third time I'm being asked this question and I'm just going to quote where I answered it the first time:

In post 82, Scatterplot wrote:
In post 80, Wisdom wrote:Plot, talk to us about your talah scumread?
mostly sheeping hiplop. I felt it was weird the way that
talah acknowledges that wisdom is probably reaction testing sakura but then needs an explanation RIGHT NOW before sakura even has time to respond to wisdom's vote
. If he thought the rvs naked vote was for reactions, which is a reasonable assumption, and he thought the purpose was to get reactions from sakura, then
why was he getting in the way of that
?

i have dinner on the stove.

--P

--P
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 am

Post by Scatterplot »

In post 2271, Elsa and Anna wrote:Sorry Plotty, but
we actually shot you not because of anything you said
but because both myself and FA agreed that Titus wouldn't have been picking a fight with us all game if she were town, and that the probable reason for her decision to ask about forming a wagon on me was that she wanted me to OMGUS vote her to reduce pressure on Shos.

This is the player you've decided to sheep because you think they can read me. They can't. They can read Titus.

--P
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:13 am

Post by talah »

In post 481, Scatterplot wrote:Useful in the bad sense means "scum trying to be useful", the kind of "look at me I am a town aligned player who can win with the town who is usefully moving the game along" posting that is more likely to come from scum than not.
In post 481, Scatterplot wrote:My basic problem was that you got in between two players who were trying to sort each other instead of letting them sort each other. You did it with Wisdom and Sakura. You did it with me and Phantom. You're kinda doing it with me and RC too.
In post 481, Scatterplot wrote:And,
once again
you see two players trying to sort each other and you butt in and demand to know what the right answer to the test is before the other player has a chance to respond and that's scummy.

I'm going to try to trim this down a bit.
Wisdom did not say anything when he naked voted. His vote and/or potential reaction tests based on a
naked vote
is not so precious that I need to steer clear of it to "let everyone evolve". I'm pretty sure he's not that sensitive about it and I don't know why you are. If you're town and you want a day to get an assessment of the overall situation, most likely scum etc, that's fine and I understand that kind of play.

However.

This is not a matter of me "getting in the way of" anyone else forming reads and I find it highly suspect that you see this potentially in Wisdom's
naked vote
, see it in your own play, and fail to recognise that I'm
also attempting to form reads
. I'm not forcing you to jump to any conclusions in your own process, but scumreading me for *bad reasons* is far worse than scumreading me for *no reason*.

Like this:
In post 82, Scatterplot wrote:mostly sheeping hiplop. I felt it was weird the way that talah acknowledges that wisdom is probably reaction testing sakura but then needs an explanation RIGHT NOW before sakura even has time to respond to wisdom's vote. If he thought the
rvs naked vote was for reactions
, which is a reasonable assumption, and he thought the purpose was to get reactions from sakura, then why was he getting in the way of that?

---
In post 482, Scatterplot wrote:This is the player you've decided to sheep because you think they can read me. They can't. They can read Titus.

They're also pretty accurate as town when they're not confusing the fuck out of me by wagonning everything that comes into their vision.
So a BoP leap of faith on them is not an unappealing option for me.
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Scatterplot »

ok. Still not fully happy with you, especially the "i'm being scumread for the wrong reasons" bit, but i'm going to give you an olive branch and some space to get your head into the game like I've been asking people to do for me.

I'm less happy with burden of profficiencying the mad king because I know that I'm town and if they do mislynch me then the right response isn't to turbolynch them because they had a bad day 1 read. I've never seen a 1v1 go well for the town outside of a counterclaim scenario.

RC's reads were good in Miller's Hollow. He was right about shos and about Titus and the setup was 2:11 and he was a vengeful so that was great. Night 1 Town win, Plotinus doesn't have to read 90 pages after all, thank fuck, game over, yay, everybody is happy.

RC's reads were okay in the first micro I modded? He found one town read he could trust and they worked well together but he had incorrect scumreads too in that game. As a gesture of good will towards him I won't discuss the second micro I modded. The point though is that we all have games where we're on fire and our reads are great and people just need to sheep us to victory but we get nightkilled early and spend days yelling I DIED FOR A REASON, but that's not most of our reads in most of our games unless you scumread literally everybody and then claim to have been right afterward. We all have games where mafia is hard and everything sucks and we townread scumbag after scumbag and can't figure out why our scumreads keep getting nightkilled and in most people's games, most of the time, their reads are average at best.

I respect him as a player but he's seeing my towngame for the very first time and he doesn't know what to make of it yet and so he's wrong about me and he doesn't feel like doing the research to learn that I'm always like this.

But chain lynching any two players based on day 1 reads is atrocious. We're not doing that to any group of people no matter how well they think they can read each other.

--P
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:44 am

Post by hiplop »

I also have a hard time reading spiff and gunned for his lynch incorrectly in like two games. Lazy spiff is different than active spiff, though. This is active, probably town spiffeh IMO

Talah I don't have much time now but when a large quantity of players buy into my point and you still can't read/understand it, and you have to result to insults, thats pretty low even for scum
third best scummer of all time
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:54 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Vote KT lets gooo
Speed don't lie.
CC
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

Is there a condensed version of the Scatterplot case?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

VOTE: PhantomCobalt

Just saw his posts on this page. There's no way this slot is town.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Wisdom »

Why?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

The way he responded to KT's 'meta point' on him is just the latest thing of his that is making my gut cramp up.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 490, Ankamius wrote:The way he responded to KT's 'meta point' on him is just the latest thing of his that is making my gut cramp up.

^
Scum
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Wisdom »

Prolly

Which of my three is wrong, Sakura? Phantom?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 491, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 490, Ankamius wrote:The way he responded to KT's 'meta point' on him is just the latest thing of his that is making my gut cramp up.

^
Scum

I'm waiting.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 485, hiplop wrote:when a large quantity of players buy into my point and you still can't read/understand it, and you have to result to insults, thats pretty low even for scum

That's weird i could swear that saying things like:
In post 451, hiplop wrote:Sakura is so so so scummy holy shit

Without going into detail about it and focusing solely on Talah instead is also trying to deal low blows.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

This is an awkward feeling, you trying to work out with me like this:
In post 492, Wisdom wrote:Prolly

Which of my three is wrong, Sakura? Phantom?

While i still think you're scum, but i'll answer anyway:
Prolly, I got the opposite impression from PC's reaction to KT's meta point
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Wisdom »

What do you think about the other two? (KT and Expedience)?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 496, Wisdom wrote:What do you think about the other two? (KT and Expedience)?

KT: Maybe Scum but idk i feel i have too many scumreads.
Expedience: From my single game experience with him, maybe town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:37 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Expe is probably town this doesn't look like his scum meta
Speed don't lie.
CC
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 457, Ranger wrote:
Ankamius wrote:VOTE: Sakura Hana
Wisdom, you're wrong about Sakura Hana.

This
is scum.
It is not scum bussing.

It is just scum. Being opportunistic.

Antihero wrote:VOTE: phantomcobalt
While I need more time to be sure (there is the
possibility
of PhantomCobalt being scum), PhantomCobalt looks like the shiny to me.
As in, flashy and distracting, but ultimately not scum.
Sort of like a less-vocal version of Ashnard.

I'd much prefer we focus on talah/Ktthecreeper/Ankamius. Especially given this:
Ankamius, on PC wrote:This is disgustingly scummy, too.

What the fuck, is
anyone
town this game?

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”