Blitz 21 - Hope plus One ―kibou― [End]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by pieguyn »

votecount 1.6
KTthecreeper (5) - Ranger, Wisdom, PhantomCobalt, Scatterplot, Trebuchet MS

Scatterplot (4) - Expedience, Mad King Ashnard, Sakura Hana, KTthecreeper
talah (1) - hiplop
Ranger (1) - talah
PhantomCobalt (1) - Ankamius

Not voting (1) - Antihero

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is January 24, 2:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2016-01-24 02:00:00).
Last edited by pieguyn on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by talah »

In post 484, Scatterplot wrote:ok. Still not fully happy with you, especially the "i'm being scumread for the wrong reasons" bit, but i'm going to give you an olive branch and some space to get your head into the game like I've been asking people to do for me.

I'm less happy with burden of profficiencying the mad king because I know that I'm town and if they do mislynch me then the right response isn't to turbolynch them because they had a bad day 1 read. I've never seen a 1v1 go well for the town outside of a counterclaim scenario.

That's some olive branch considering you're simultaneously calling me out for the "scum mad cuz caught for the wrong reasons" meme (and I called out 3 players who had bad pushes and/or reasons, and they were all on my L-1 wagon), and implying I'm lining up lynches - making an incorrect assumption about my read on RC tomorrow if he were wrong about you.

So you're *still* scumpainting me while trying to present yourself as the bigger person cutting me some slack.

I don't think this is
anyone's
town game, let alone yours.

UNVOTE: Ranger
VOTE: Scatterplot

L-2
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Bleh
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by talah »

In post 526, hiplop wrote:Like, what was I supposed to say other than talah i sstill scum when shes lurking like shit to avoid pressure?

It's 11.44am here right now. I'm GMT+11 right now with DST.

How am I lurking?

And as far as insults go - was it the fact that I could only consider you town if you're also derptown? Or was it the fact that I cited an example of you injecting rubbish into the thread in place of reasoning for pushes?

Sorry if you took that to heart, but no I'm not scum, you're trying to mislynch me by whipping up a storm of repetitive statements and refusing to engage with me on what I'm seeing as an empty but loud push from you.

I'll tone it down if you prefer but I don't see why you're surprised at that kind of response regardless of my alignment.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by hiplop »

Personal insults are lame
third best scummer of all time
Trebuchet MS
Trebuchet MS
Goon
Trebuchet MS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Trebuchet MS »

In post 576, talah wrote:I don't think this is anyone's town game, let alone yours.

... but that's like. town.
"This Is Not Trebuchet MS" ft. Trebuchet Marquis, Trebuchet Spiffeh
Trebuchet MS
Trebuchet MS
Goon
Trebuchet MS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Trebuchet MS »

EBWOP

In post 576, talah wrote:So you're *still* scumpainting me while trying to present yourself as the bigger person cutting me some slack.

... but that's like. TOWN.
"This Is Not Trebuchet MS" ft. Trebuchet Marquis, Trebuchet Spiffeh
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by talah »

Im sorry what MS?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by hiplop »

Like I don't even want to talk to talah, seriously fuck this game and people being assholes
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by hiplop »

Also I really don't think plotter is scum and I feel the KT wagon is sorta I'm bad spirits cuz he's replacing out
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by talah »

In post 579, hiplop wrote:Personal insults are lame

Well, sorry you feel that I was insulting you personally.
I was actually insulting your play due to you being completely wrong.

I'll try to avoid this in future. However I'd like you to hit the ISO button on me and respond to the questions I've asked you regardless. Surely if I'm lurking that shouldn't be an issue.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by hiplop »

talah wrote:(I left the last bit there as an example of the other drivel you're injecting into the thread.)

Aside from that all you'd said was "why so aggressive" and then directly quoted my Post 15 and said it was scummy. No reasoning.
So rather than explain why your associative tells are rock-solid, you're actually saying that I'm talking crap when I address the only reasoning you've provided.

Like holy fuck darn I'm having fun while playing a game? These people are my friends like this is hella pretentious and like honestly my contribution to this game has been pretty good. Shame its about you being scum but like holy fuck everyone can be wrong(I don't think I am but still no need to be a jerk)

IT WAS SCUMMY BECAUSE YOU WERE NERVOUW AND TWITCHY FROM LIKE NO PRESSURE. YOURE ON EDGE, YOURE STRAWMANNING ME AS A PLAYER. YOU ARE NOT A NEWB BUT ARE FALLING OVER CLASSIC NEWB SCUMTELLS.

You can't possibly tell me you didn't understand the point of my case. Seriously. That is absolute bollocks.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by hiplop »

I am still super sad that we probably aren't eating fish for dinner today.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by hiplop »

like, not only that but your pushes on ranger, plot and me are all awful OMGUS reads. I actually don't see where you get to your conclusions except pure unchecked revenge, reiterating the whole scared scum afraid to actually develop unique reads
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 464, talah wrote:
In post 451, hiplop wrote:
In post 354, talah wrote:Well you're wrong on the second. I'm not really sure about Sakura yet.
The "meh" on me seems okayish at this stage but I do tend to try to get a read on her fairly quickly (at least historically) so that could be stalling so she can go either way depending on where I end up.

Also what's with your assertion that Sakura an I don't know each other? Is that the basis of your scumread on me?
We've played a bunch of games together, but only one semi-recently before this.

So you, sir, appear to be trying to reinforce a bad read with bad assumptions.

Bad strawman is bad. It is NOT contigent on you not knowing eachother. Your interactions are awful and she overreacted like sakura does trying to deflect your wagon. That is seriously different than the misrep here. Seriously.

Bad strawman is bad? You're going to need to explain that little doozy to me, since the only real indication of *why* you find me scummy is directly with regard to my association with Sakura.

In post 163, hiplop wrote:
In post 148, Scatterplot wrote:So my problem with talah is that talah got in the way of sakura and wisdom. and my problem with you is that you're getting in the way of me and phantom by being impatient and demanding answers NOW NOW NOW when I will explain my reads when i'm ready. I'm not going to lynch anybody based on unexplained reads, I'm not going to derail a wagon with unexplained reads, but i'm not going to explain reads that are still in progress.
YEP! For two people who don't know eachother they sure are talking to eachother INCREDIBLY strangely.
In post 155, Wisdom wrote:I wouldn't place hiplop so high, but I more or less like your reads.

i FLY HIGH LIKE PAPER GET HIGH LIKE PLANES

(I left the last bit there as an example of the other drivel you're injecting into the thread.)

Aside from that all you'd said was "why so aggressive" and then directly quoted my Post 15 and said it was scummy. No reasoning.
So rather than explain why your associative tells are rock-solid, you're actually saying that
I'm
talking crap when I address the only reasoning you've provided.

Here's your case:
talah's aggressive
Post 15 is scummy
Sakura and talah's interactions are awkward
They're even MOAR awkward because they don't know each other

Then when I point out that we do in fact know each other...

You're strawmanning, I didn't say my case was about you knowing or not knowing each other!!!1

---
You and Ranger both appear to be doing this thing where you cheerlead the talah-scum case, and anyone indicating that I might be scum, but fail to address me or attempt to get a read on me, directly.
You also both fail to do anything else to reinforce your own "cases".

For example:
In post 455, Ranger wrote:
{talah} - for butting in between wisdom and sakura, then sheeping wisdom (like everyone else said)?
If by that, you mean /, then yes. Nothing I've seen from talah has changed my opinion of how bad that was.

This doesn't say anything about why those two posts are bad, just obliquely refers to them and moves on.
(Interestingly it leaves out post 15 which you yourself took umbrage with.)
However, seven out of eight of Rangers last posts refer to me being scum, and the only development of reasoning is (see below) which is also pretty terrible.

So you two are actually in my scumpile just because of how bad your arguments are.

---
In post 463, Ranger wrote:You? Impact. Me? Impact. Antihero? Impact. Wisdom? Impact. Scatterplot? Impact. Trebuchet? Impact. Mad King Ashnard? Impact. Heck, even PhantomCobalt has had an impact, albeit a negative one. And while Sakura Hana is contestable, to me Sakura has had impact.

Ankamius, KTthecreeper, and talah all have not.

When did "impact" become a thing that only Town are capable of - therefore blanket town-reads are handed out on that basis?
This extremely poor reasoning. Also your latest readslist moving everyone else "up" only appears to serve to work around Mad King's issue with them being in a tier *below* Scatterplot.
What you've in fact done is picked out two others as "scum" and moved them down and then adjusted your townlist to be more palatable for RC - who incidentally I'm now leaning town based on this appeasement.

VOTE: Ranger

Happy to lynch hiplop
Open to lynching Scatterplot

3 scum reads are the 3 people.pushing your death. How convenient?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by hiplop »

Who is scum outside of the people who pushed you and the replaced out guy?

Is that all your reads? That's pretty fucking scummy if so
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Mad King Ashnard »

VOTE: Talah

tbh I was pretty convinced that Talah was scum on the first page so I just wanted to force a counterwagon and see who would jump on.

Scatter's not really competing with Talah at this point so I've lost interest in the whole thing so let's just get back to this.

I'll look at the Scatter votes later.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by talah »

I literally don't care about "classic" scumtells. I think they're pointless and especially when buzzwords get thrown around I tend to question the validity of the underlying read.

Incidentally if I *had* rolled scum I *would* be newbscum because I've played almost no scum games.

But if you're just taking an independent tell and applying it to me knowing almost nothing about my play then I think that's really wrong and/or scummy. There was *certainly* scum on my wagon. And I don't think I should need to condone my own flip to prove that's where I'm coming from.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:10 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the KT wagon and I don't want to force two wagons that could potentially be town to counter each other.

Why did the Talah wagon break apart, exactly?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by talah »

In post 590, hiplop wrote:Who is scum outside of the people who pushed you and the replaced out guy?

Is that all your reads? That's pretty fucking scummy if so

I never said KT was scummy, but I don't like the replace.

I still have my eye on Wisdom and I find Expedience's backward-rationalised townread on me suspect.

Aside from that I'd have to look into it.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by talah »

In post 593, Mad King Ashnard wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the KT wagon and I don't want to force two wagons that could potentially be town to counter each other.

Why did the Talah wagon break apart, exactly?

:rolleyes:
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:16 pm

I'm concerned about the fact that Scatter only took wing right around when KT started getting pressured though.

It's interesting and makes me wonder about the KT wagon, but again I think KT is the kind of player who would be scummy as fuck as either alignment.

Let's wait for the replacement to figure that out.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by hiplop »

Talah donyou normally scum read replacements? Irrelevant to you being scum that'd a terrible stance I think. In this game it furthers me read on you. Oppurtimistic as hell

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of the scatter/KT wagons tbh. Honestly I think both might be a compilation of scum and town with scum ready to jump to whichever got the largest
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 592, talah wrote:I literally don't care about "classic" scumtells. I think they're pointless and especially when buzzwords get thrown around I tend to question the validity of the underlying read.

Incidentally if I *had* rolled scum I *would* be newbscum because I've played almost no scum games.

But if you're just taking an independent tell and applying it to me knowing almost nothing about my play then I think that's really wrong and/or scummy. There was *certainly* scum on my wagon. And I don't think I should need to condone my own flip to prove that's where I'm coming from.

Oh. My. God.

That is NOT what is happening. Seriously. Fucking iggzhsjjjstsyshjoamstusyayahab. Stop ficking misrepping me
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by talah »

When have we played together before?

And no I don't *usually* scumread replacements at least not as far as I'm aware - it depends on the nature of the replace. In KT's case I didn't like it because it was a replace under scumhunting pressure and I didn't like his reasoning. I agree with waiting for the replacement.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”