tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:43 am

Post by tictac »

In post 821, KuroiXHF wrote: I feel like I've done enough to defend myself. I feel like I've done so enough, so if you're going to vote me, do it already. Until then, the only thing keeping me from voting pignash is the fact that we have enough time on the clock to get more information from the players who have been quiet - everyone but you and I.

Ok.
For what it is worth your effort in defending yourself is not unappreciated.
It's not outside the limits of possibility that you are an (incredibly reckless) townie.
You are still on my top 2 thou, and we are nearing the halfway point of the day.

I can stop holding frank back, but I'd prefer a cross-vote between you and pig.
If that doesn't get hammered you can spend the rest of the day attacking each other from the perspective of being conf-scum to each other.

I'll respond to the rest tomorrow.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:54 am

Post by camn »

In post 825, tictac wrote:I'd prefer a cross-vote between you and pig.

This is solid gold right here.
I support this strategy.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
franksa
franksa
Townie
franksa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by franksa »

What does a cross vote mean? I mean I understant the literal meaning, but how does it look like in this case?
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by pignash »

Pretty sure they mean Kuroi and I vote each other. Then the three of you play it out. It will confirm that one of us is scum for sure if no one hammers.
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
franksa
franksa
Townie
franksa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by franksa »

O well, for some reason I thought tictac wanted you (pignash) and camn to crossvote eachother, which would not have been a very good idea. Anyway, my bad, I misunderstood it.

If its like this, I actually support the idea.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:32 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Reckless isn't the word I use, although I do think out of the box.

Tictac, how certain are you that there is scum in pignash or I?

BTW, for what it's worth - I feel camn might be WIFOMing. It seems like he's trying to look scummier than he potentially could be.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 am

Post by tictac »

In post 830, KuroiXHF wrote:Tictac, how certain are you that there is scum in pignash or I?

Very certain.
If it's frank-camn then frank acted against wincon in , when he could have just lurked some more just as easily.
frank may be new, but he's not a troll, so he isn't liable to do that.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:43 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

VOTE: pignash
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:39 am

Post by tictac »

In post 821, KuroiXHF wrote:
Just in case you are genuine about that I'll explain.
For the third time
If frank is town and you are town, him voting for you ends the game. Probably not instantly like with a hammer, but pretty surely withing 24 hours.

I check this game multiple times within a 24-hour period. The only time I don't have a good hold on this is when I'm sleeping. Even when things are like yesterday and I'm only near a phone, I can still make out an unvote if I feel it necessary.

I am pretty sure you know daytalk exists.
You might as well check once daily, for all the good it does ya as far as unvoting is concerned.

I am not buying this attitude, but at least you are consistent about it.

When a townie votes in LYLO it has the severity of a hammer.
When scum votes in LYLO it has the severity of a regular vote. There is no risk of ending the game.

And I understood all this. You're simply repeating yourself. And like I said, I find pignash to be scummy enough that if I came back and found tow more votes on him, I'd at least have enough hope that it would still flip red text.

Ya took off the vote in response to frank and I, and still haven't re-voted, so not buying this either.
There are motivated town too, which I hope you are.
Indeed.

This is why you voting was such a big deal. Because you treated your vote like scum does.
This is why I asked him to hold the intent, because if it's camn-pig, him voting would end the game.

And this is where
you
are misunderstanding me. My nitpick wasn't on the vote, it was on the INTENTION of the vote. My nitpick was you asking him to hold off the intention of the vote, whereas only the vote meant a great deal.

Frank had already given the intent. I am not a english native, but I am reasonably certain that my intention of "don't vote yet" was clear to all.
Ye'r lucky my ex was a grammar natzi too, so I actually buy that you think this is a point worth addressing. It isn't.

Fair warning then, franksa is my biggest townread, you my biggest scumread. Deciding between you two will not be hard for me.

If you're worried about me voting your townread, you can lessen your concern. The last couple of posts by pignash made me much more convinced I should put my vote back on him.

I liked your initial reasoning better, but ok.
Well I do like to think about, at this stage of the game, finding the first mafia. I'm not so inclined on finding Mafia #2 if we can't find the first one. If Camn defending him clears him, OK, but are you trying to prove a camn/franksa scum team?

Frank said camn defended him. camn disagreed.
I asked frank to link the defending, but he hasn't done that.
This definitely does not clear frank, it's evidence to the contrary.
I am not trying to prove camn/franksa. I am suspecting you.
Why did you think camn defending him would clear him? Why would I try to prove camn/frank and clear frank in the same sentence? What is your thought process here, cause all I am getting is noise.

Because you can see the a possible means of franksa being scum. If I'm going to try to see out of your eyes, it would be camn trying to guide franksa in the mafia chat. It would explain franksa's very quiet demeanor and his refusal to answer the question. I was merely trying to connect your logic.

franksa was quiet before camn replaced in.
Doesn't make sense unless you think frank was receiving advice from CC.

I encouraged you to push frank and gave the camn-defend thing as a possible angle to do so. Nothing more.
And don't kid me, tictac, you suspect everyone - everyone but yourself.

I do indeed, but to varying degrees.
In post 810, KuroiXHF wrote:Pignash played his game. He made the appearance of wanting to scum hunt. He didn't make any hints or statements of, "I"m a bad player." He simply said it after I was unrelenting in my pressure regarding Sarg's death.

Your
pressure? I seem to remember you mostly going after franksa before that post.
It seemed like his excuse was, "Why did you bother pay attention to my scumminess? I'm a terrible player! It's like you're getting mad at me for something I said when I was drunk!" It seemed like he gave up on logic and reasoning and appealed to my emotion.

That post was scummy indeed. Not sure about the AtE (Appeal to Emotion).
You are just describing why the post was scummy. Why does the term OMGUS apply?
OMGUS="Oh My God You Suck"
It's a term used when people suspect people who are attacking them, and is generally considered scummy.
You are a grammar natzi. You are not prone to using terms you don't know the meaning of.

I didn't say you asked for concrete proof. Your use of strawmanning is strawmanning my argument.

You said you don't have concrete proof instead of addressing the thing I asked you to address in that post, so no I do not think i was strawmanning your strawman.
I'll grant that you have at least tried to do what I asked later thou.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:43 am

Post by tictac »

Ah ok. There is the vote.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:54 am

Post by tictac »

@Kuroi This is how this works:
Pig will become conf-scum to ya if he doesn't get hammered in 24 hours.
The informed perspective should make it easier for ya to attack him, so get to it.

There is a dropdown-menu on the bottom of the screen that can be used to filter posts by user. It's called ISO:ing.
Use it. Convince us to vote pig.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:11 am

Post by tictac »

Oh, by the way.
@frank I am pretty sure you already know this, but don't vote until we are near the end of day.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:24 am

Post by pignash »

Alright so my vote goes here:

VOTE: Kuroi

I am starting to see tic-tac's argument about his varying levels of competence not making sense.
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:37 am

Post by tictac »

@pig
Time to insist on some answers:
- Why did you think I was scum with Sarg? What was the connection there?
- What was your motivation to hammer so quickly and soon yesterday?
- Who is Kurois partner?
- Why is Kuroi scum? Put some effort in please and don't just agree with what others have said. You are not new at this and you should now have a better perspective so "I am just bad" is not acceptable. Make a case.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:37 am

Post by tictac »

@pig
Withdraw the question about Kurois partner. I forgot you already answered that.
Do let us know if your view changes.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:41 am

Post by camn »

I think it's fairly obvious that pig is kurois partner :/

I wonder if one is a roleblocker, and they are having a mad discussion as to how to get the regular goon to bite this Lynch?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:56 am

Post by tictac »

In post 840, camn wrote:I think it's fairly obvious that pig is kurois partner :/

I wonder if one is a roleblocker, and they are having a mad discussion as to how to get the regular goon to bite this Lynch?

Pretty likely, yeah.
I do try to keep an open mind thou.
There's still time in the day, and hopefully an entire day tomorrow.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:42 am

Post by camn »

Lets look at kuroi- pig is next:
OK- First things first... Kuroi obviously has some experience, as here noted below. OR maybe he is just trying to PROJECT the thought that he has experience, to avoid an early lynch?
Spoiler: Kuroi Has Experience
In post 23, KuroiXHF wrote:Well you do sound like a fella who played a couple of games. Correctly guessing a mafia team in Day One before the real voting started is... very rare - a lot rarer than "sometimes."
In post 29, KuroiXHF wrote:Not really but I am rather excited about how fast Day One is going. I'm more used to people tip toeing around, so much so that the game suffers because everyone is afraid to take a step forward.
In post 231, KuroiXHF wrote:My mafia playing has been on the Roughkut boards.
In post 247, KuroiXHF wrote:I've also played it in an e-fed calling UWE

But Kuroi is playing dumb?
Spoiler: here
In post 54, KuroiXHF wrote:(Sorry, what does RVS stand for?)
In post 247, KuroiXHF wrote:sure
VOTE: Kuroi
In post 253, KuroiXHF wrote:I did accidentally voted myself.
In post 287, KuroiXHF wrote:I wasn't aware that I'm the lead bandwagon right now. Hah.

Is this some distancing from his scumpartner?? I think Yes!
In post 83, KuroiXHF wrote:Jake - He says a lot without talking too much. It shows that he's paying attention and has the potential of being a dangerous player, but I'm getting a town read.

He then doesn't mention Jake AT ALL that I could see on his ISO... but Pig replaces in and instantly has a similar distancing thing:
In post 309, pignash wrote:Some good and some bad in Kuroi's ISO but I'm leaning town currently.
This is almost exactly how I would play scum in a newbie.... an unjustified mild townread to explain my total lack of interest in my partner's lynch... but with some "scummy" notes to put a little distance in case he gets lynched. Not too hard, not too easy. Meh.

Ug- I gotta go- Icouldn't slog much past the beginning of Day 2. More to come?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:31 am

Post by tictac »

@pig
Do you think you are more active as scum?
franksa
franksa
Townie
franksa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:35 am

Post by franksa »

Um, guys. I dont know where did I read this, but I thought to the mafia it doesnt matter which one of them dies, because even if there is a roleblocker and a NK, one of them can do both of the actions if they want to. Or how does this work?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:37 am

Post by camn »

A roleblocker can kill AND block... But a goon can only kill.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:23 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 833, tictac wrote:
In post 821, KuroiXHF wrote:
Just in case you are genuine about that I'll explain.
For the third time
If frank is town and you are town, him voting for you ends the game. Probably not instantly like with a hammer, but pretty surely withing 24 hours.

I check this game multiple times within a 24-hour period. The only time I don't have a good hold on this is when I'm sleeping. Even when things are like yesterday and I'm only near a phone, I can still make out an unvote if I feel it necessary.

I am pretty sure you know daytalk exists.
You might as well check once daily, for all the good it does ya as far as unvoting is concerned.

I am not buying this attitude, but at least you are consistent about it.

I check a lot more than once daily. I feel like I'm more active than any of these scum. I don't think they're so good that they can pull this off, considering I can pin down your times of activity, tictac. Everyone else is much less active.

Frank had already given the intent. I am not a english native, but I am reasonably certain that my intention of "don't vote yet" was clear to all.
Ye'r lucky my ex was a grammar natzi too, so I actually buy that you think this is a point worth addressing. It isn't.

I did point out that it was a nitpick.

In post 810, KuroiXHF wrote:
Your
pressure? I seem to remember you mostly going after franksa before that post.

I said more than once that I was half and half on both franksa and pignash.

It seemed like his excuse was, "Why did you bother pay attention to my scumminess? I'm a terrible player! It's like you're getting mad at me for something I said when I was drunk!" It seemed like he gave up on logic and reasoning and appealed to my emotion.

That post was scummy indeed. Not sure about the AtE (Appeal to Emotion).
You are just describing why the post was scummy. Why does the term OMGUS apply?
OMGUS="Oh My God You Suck"
It's a term used when people suspect people who are attacking them, and is generally considered scummy.
You are a grammar natzi. You are not prone to using terms you don't know the meaning of.

I can tell there are a number of things to which you are better than I. English grammar likely isn't one of them. There is the traditional meaning, and the literal meaning. The traditional meaning is merely, "Oh you voted me? I'll vote you right back!" Then there's the meaning from the words. "Oh my God, you suck," more directly means that someone did something so blatantly terrible that you're struck with awe, which is what I felt for Pignash. ...but is there an actual point to this?

In post 835, tictac wrote:@Kuroi This is how this works:
Pig will become conf-scum to ya if he doesn't get hammered in 24 hours.
The informed perspective should make it easier for ya to attack him, so get to it.

There is a dropdown-menu on the bottom of the screen that can be used to filter posts by user. It's called ISO:ing.
Use it. Convince us to vote pig.

I will, although I do have the urge to go after Camn right now based on his votes now. Camn, if you're town, my suspicion of you shouldn't be upsetting.

In post 840, camn wrote:I think it's fairly obvious that pig is kurois partner :/

More obvious than a regular townie and regular mafia? In a newbie game? The chances are highly unlikely.

I'll reply to Cam's post, but I have to take a break. I'll get right back to it.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Ehhh, upon reading from Camn's post, I don't have much to say. Although, I do have...

- It's been explained that just because I know mafia doesn't mean I know Mafia Scum, but good job on not paying attention.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT

camn (0) -
tictac (0) -
KuroiXHF (1) - pignash
franksa (0) -
pignash (1) - KuroiXHF

Not Voting: camn, franksa, tictac

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is Friday, January 29th 2016 at 12:00 pm PST or in (expired on 2016-01-29 12:00:00)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:19 am

Post by camn »

In post 847, KuroiXHF wrote:- It's been explained that just because I know mafia doesn't mean I know Mafia Scum, but good job on not paying attention.

Oh- I saw all that. And grammar is not my issue with you.

---
This weekend is heavy.. I'll be phone-only. But no worries, we have time.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”