Blitz 21 - Hope plus One ―kibou― [End]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Scatterplot »

Fair enough, thanks. (That game was also multiball which means genuine scumhunting.)

That's a good point about activity levels. It's easier to play a strong game, as either alignment really, when the game isn't getting 36 pages in 3 real life days. As town it's a lot to absorb and process and as scum it's harder to take control of the town.

--P
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:14 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 895, Ankamius wrote:I'm here if anyone wants to talk.

Well for one, you are sitting on a wagon that isn't going to go through considering deadline is in some fourteen hours. I'd be interested in hearing you take positions on the two leading wagons.

I'll comment on Plotinus's responses later perhaps D2 as I have limited time and I'd rather use it to talk about Firebringer/Expedience. Will do that in a few hours.

@Ether - let me know when you will be online.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

Both of the leading wagons are likely town.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Antihero »

heres ank reprising his role as scum buttplug
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

Just a quick glance at the wagons gives me an eh feeling on both of them.

Either I already have a good grasp on the game state and scum are in a good spot or I'm completely off. One of the two is right.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:20 am

Post by OceanWind »

@Antihero - while you are here, mind going over your read on Scatterplot and commenting on my case on Ether?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 903, Antihero wrote:heres ank reprising his role as scum buttplug

I don't have this sig for no reason.

But serious mode, I've had these two reads for forever now. Neither of these should be surprising to anyone.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 905, OceanWind wrote:@Antihero - while you are here, mind going over your read on Scatterplot and commenting on my case on Ether?

on a phone so... no not really

i was thinking same thing about ether re: how much she hates scum but i havent actually read any of her latest posting yet. not high priority either bc shes not getting lynched today
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Antihero »

meanwhile firebringer continues to cosplay an active lurker and hes not one.
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Scatterplot »

I'm here.

Anything you ask for with a reads explanation is going to be either slow and vague or non-existent, though. I'm just...not there yet. We have a tiny, sparse hydra PT that only Plotinus posts in, and a ton of AIM logs that are mostly just throwing vague thoughts back and forth.

But looking back, we said the following things about KT:
KT's 448 felt town, Phantom's vote on KT was (AND STILL IS) completely awful, his replace-out was obviously not scummy in any way shape or form and Expedience's vote was bad too.

The whole section on KT moving their vote to us doesn't feel as strong as it did at the time, since we were the leading wagon and I don't think I processed that during the catch-up. But eh.

-Ether
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Scatterplot »

And...you said a lot of nice things about my play in Mutant, but they aren't right.

It's like...philosophers have this question about whether a colorblind person can ever really understand the color red. And Mutant is like that. My scumdar doesn't click on automatically. It doesn't matter that I was town, all of the systems that mattered to me were offline and I couldn't get to them and I was just going through the motions hoping they'd come back. The questions weren't helping. The catchup wasn't helping. I looked like I had reasons, but they were shallow and I knew it and I had no idea what was really happening around me and that game was a mercifully short reminder that I go from 0 to all-encompassing self-loathing in about thirty seconds flat. I
was
avoiding the game, it just wasn't on a time scale anyone could see. I was offline when BRantz bombed me because of how badly I didn't want to think about Mutant, and only saw it in the morning. Later in the morning than I normally wake up.

And that's a game where I had just replaced in. I had absolutely no good reason to hate myself for not psychically knowing who the scum were at that point, but I did it anyway.

Mutant isn't something I have any desire to repeat. Fortunately, I don't have to.

Here, for this game, um...well, I'm seeing a lot of colors! I know it doesn't look that way from the outside, but they're there. I'm not sure what they all mean yet. My scumdar isn't in full order yet, I can't articulate everything, but articulating things isn't really what a scumdar is
for
. I'm so much closer than I ever was in Mutant.

I'm not sufficiently obsessed with this game, I'm not where I want to be yet, but I also don't hate myself. I can fix this. There is a reasonable chance that everything is going to be okay!

-Ether
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

Ether, what do you think about the gamestate right now?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

Like, as a whole.

It's really disturbing me that I seem to be seeing a different game than anyone else and I want to figure out either where I went wrong or what I'm seeing that no one else is.
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Scatterplot »

I think you're town. Antihero's town. Hiplop feels town for admitting to Plotinus that he couldn't understand them, even though what they were getting at seems obvious to me, um...I think other people are townreading hiplop for other things but that's the only thing that ever left an impression on me.

I'm just going to run with the vague townfeels for Firebringer thing for now, that's the best I can do.

I...think Sakura's town but I think I could be missing something? I don't know her scumgame. I know I find her kind of annoying, which was also true for her towngame in 1656, but kind of less pronounced here, but I think it's more likely to come from her as town.

Wisdom feels off. I don't actually have any clue how to read him and I am pretty sure I got lucky last time, but still.

Despite never feeling the talah wagon based on my actual catch-up, Plotinus did point out that talah was a lot less flaily when he got strung up as town in Mini 1742. He could be scum? There is nothing scummy about OceanWind's attack on me, but I can't read him until I pull him off. Scum or town, he believed this before he got his role.

Ranger is lurking.

Expedience and Phantom are my best bets for scum.

Trebuchet is completely under my radar. It's weird that Raskol isn't talking in the Ashnard hydra, buuuuuuuuuuut.

-Ether
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Scatterplot »

Post 913, Scatterplot wrote:Wisdom feels off. I don't actually have any clue how to read him and I am pretty sure I got lucky last time, but still.
Getting lucky in this case involved townreading him, not scumreading him. I've seen him as scum in a blitz game I modded, but that just makes me less confident about my ability to read him. He did some really obvious things there to defend his scumbuddy, but without those markers I'm pretty sure I'd have had nothing on him, and it's not like he always consistently protects scumbuddies.

(As Plotinus mentioned, I tend to only skim games I'm modding, so this is a bit shallow.)

-Ether
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 799, Ranger wrote:
Expedience wrote:Indeed I do. Talah is flailing under pressure. All of his reads are OMGUS trash and most of his defense has consisted of firing back questions and casting doubt at his accusers. On the other hand, the replacing out makes me think most of the frustration was probably genuine. I don't have problems with 15.
Ktthecreeper's posts on page 22 and 23 looked super fake, like he was trying to appear town but had no idea what he was doing (e.g. 546). I don't think he replaced out strategically. 560 and 569 are scummy. He could be just a VI though so let's hear from Firebringer. Appeal to emotion for me.
VOTE: Firebringer
That's L-1.
If there's scum on the wagon, it goes without saying Expedience is it, though I haven't made up my mind, yet. Hard to tell right now.

I struggle to grasp the problems you and RC have with this post. Did you miss that I was weighing up two wagons which both had somewhat valid basis? Did you miss that the points cancel each other out since I'm getting mixed signals from both slots?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:26 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 902, Ankamius wrote:Both of the leading wagons are likely town.

yea...This is awful
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:33 am

Post by hiplop »

I prefer expedience as scum over firebringer, i think...but neither are really pinging me as scummy
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:36 am

Post by hiplop »

I've played with expedience before but I can't remember which game. I'm going to do some research but I'm sorta behind and fuck I don't like either leading wagon >_<

ocean does look MUCH MUCH better than talah though :\
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 835, RadiantCowbells wrote:Look screw this I'm not post by post analysis.

There's a few things that really bother me.

1) Firebringer vote. He talks about how PC is obvious scum with Plot the whole game, then randomly decides to bring Firebringer to L-1 as a 'let's hear from Firebringer!' vote. And appeal to emotion, wtf? This is way out of place for where Town!Expedience is claiming to be at this point in time.

I was specifically prompted by Antihero to vote either talah or Firebringer, and this makes sense because my vote wasn't doing anything sitting on Scatterplot. My opinions changed vaguely when I caught up on many pages but I still have scumreads on both PC and Scatterplot, and would lynch Scatterplot today if I could. I mentioned appealing to emotion because that seems to be all Firebringer does under pressure, I wanted to see something indicative from him.

2) Talah read. He soft defended Talah literally the whole game, saying shit like 'oh maybe Talah's the one getting reactions you Talah voting b-bakas!', then finally after the replace he says something that implies that Talah could be scum but immediately switches back to townreading him because the frustration looked genuine on the replace out? I don't know, I don't like it. I 'think' they're scum together but not 100%.

Yeah, because in the pages I read up on I didn't like some of talah's posts. However it was not enough to significantly change my read on him.

3) The Plot vote in general. Of all the votes on the wagon, he felt the most 'trying to push counterwagon-y' of them. He did support the wagon more than others to his credit but I felt like his reasoning was forced and disingenuous and I just feel like the Plot wagon should have had a scum on it at least, and Expedience is sort of the most likely to be scum.

I'm still reasonably convinced that Scatterplot is scum and I stand by what I've said. Wisdom kept trying to poke holes in my arguments with some very pointed questions but I remain no less convinced.

4) Just gut. The way he talks, way he feels, I think he's scum.

This is realistically the largest influence on your read and it's wrong.

Oh and.

Damn. Scatterplot / PC are both scum, aren't they. This is almost too fucking easy.

This post is just sickeningly scummy.

I don't understand this for obvious reasons.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 913, Scatterplot wrote:Ranger is lurking.

berp?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:48 am

Post by hiplop »

Anti convince me.on firebringer? I honestly have never been able to read the guy
Scatterplot
Scatterplot
Goon
Scatterplot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Scatterplot »

I don't remember anything Ranger has said.

I mean. I don't remember a lot of things right now. But still.

-Ether
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Antihero »

>the slot was scum to begin with
>he hasn't made a legit read (which is the most readable thing there is really)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:52 am

Post by hiplop »

Yea, his "I don't scumhubt" pissed me off but I'm not sure if he just bothers me or if he's scum

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”