⭐ Blitz 20 — How To Be Normal [Game Over]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 311, Almost50 wrote:
In post 297, Xtoxm wrote:I don't have much of a read at all there, but I guess I have to bank on it being scum to have any chance of not being lynched.

Let me get this one straight: Your most upper priority is to evade the lynch rather than find real scum? Because the way you phrase it give me the impression you're just looking for a scapegoat to get lynched in your stead.

Honestly; I do not mind lynching droog either (but to a lesser degree than 3dr), but the way you phrase it makes me wonder how on earth I'm supposed to trust you for the rest of the game if you're #1 concern is self-preservation and not the town's best interest.

I find this quite unrepresentative of what i'm doing. I haven't at any point called for a lynch on Droog, and it's quite clear that i'm trying to wagon my primary scumread, which is Ranger. I'm obviously open to compromising if the alternate option is myself, which goes for any townie, and I feel like you should know this.

@SRMP: I liked Lions because it called out the lack of activity. Scum are more likely to sit back and ride with it. The other comment I quoted it was the reason he gave that I liked, not the conclusion specifically. I did mention at the time that this was a mild read, however Lion has become a solid town read with his more recent posting.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Some Random Mafia Player »

In post 323, Karnage wrote:
In post 318, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 316, Karnage wrote:Read through real quick

Anybody else like Dave for the SK?

I like almost50 and the some random guy for scum

can you tell us why you have those reads?

Early in the game you were voting to pressure lurkers which I think was a way to be active without having to commit to anything

then 200 posts in you decide to vote ranger for his naked reads 50 posts after he had told you he wasn't going to give you any

and i'm just not getting a town feel off you in general

I was voting to pressure lurkers because im trying to get everyone active.

and yeah im voting someone without any reasoning because I dont see why they would refuse to give reasoning, so im assuming their not giving any because they have none because if they had any they should give it. If your lynching for no reason your not town in my eyes.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

There you go, everyone. It only took him 22 minutes to solve the puzzle and out -not one but- all 3 scum in the game.

Congratulations, mate. *Thumbs Up*

On another note, when some new replacement jumps in & the first thing they talk about IS the SK/Vig issue, rest assured THEY are it. Just saying.

I've changed my mind. Xtoxm is off the table for me. My vote stays where it is for now.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 am

In post 326, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 323, Karnage wrote:
In post 318, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:

can you tell us why you have those reads?

Early in the game you were voting to pressure lurkers which I think was a way to be active without having to commit to anything

then 200 posts in you decide to vote ranger for his naked reads 50 posts after he had told you he wasn't going to give you any

and i'm just not getting a town feel off you in general

I was voting to pressure lurkers because im trying to get everyone active.

and yeah im voting someone without any reasoning because I dont see why they would refuse to give reasoning, so im assuming their not giving any because they have none because if they had any they should give it. If your lynching for no reason your not town in my eyes.

and to clarify, im pressuring lurkers because if they talk I can actually get a read on them, and why would they be lurking?
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:36 am

In post 327, Almost50 wrote:

There you go, everyone. It only took him 22 minutes to solve the puzzle and out -not one but- all 3 scum in the game.

On another note, when some new replacement jumps in & the first thing they talk about IS the SK/Vig issue, rest assured THEY are it. Just saying.

I've changed my mind. Xtoxm is off the table for me. My vote stays where it is for now.

you dont think Nosferatu is town?
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Karnage »

You are sure I'm the SK but your vote stays on nosferatu? you must be real confident in that SK read on me.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:40 am

In post 330, Karnage wrote:

You are sure I'm the SK but your vote stays on nosferatu? you must be real confident in that SK read on me.

I got confused too, their actually talking about nosferatu as the one talking about the sk/vig issue first, not you.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 322, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:I thought his reasoning was 107, if it wasent correct me, but im rather sure about it.

That IS the post I'm referring to. He said I set up my post with the intent of getting someone to jump on. That is not the reason he voted me. That is defending himself against my accusation of him reacting abnormally to my post.

Then he said: "
The way you set it up was to strawman anyone who voted you afterwards, regardless of what reasons they gave
.", again clearly defending himself.

Then he admits it: "That is evident by the fact that you did it
even though I provided no reason at all
."

See, he says he provided no reason at all, and you read this as "this is the reason I'm voting you"?????

At last he concluded: "You aren't trying to figure out my alignment, you are trying to strawman me, and it's pretty scummy.". This means he is commenting on/responding to MY vote and reasoning on him in response to his vote on me having no reason.

I'm not sure if you're too sleep deprived or if you're overworked you lost your focus for a minute there, but if you re-read his post you'd see there was no reason mentioned there as to why he voted me in the first place.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:43 am

In post 332, Almost50 wrote:
In post 322, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:I thought his reasoning was 107, if it wasent correct me, but im rather sure about it.

That IS the post I'm referring to. He said I set up my post with the intent of getting someone to jump on. That is not the reason he voted me. That is defending himself against my accusation of him reacting abnormally to my post.

The way you set it up was to strawman anyone who voted you afterwards, regardless of what reasons they gave

."

See, he says he provided no reason at all, and you read this as "this is the reason I'm voting you"?????

At last he concluded: "You aren't trying to figure out my alignment, you are trying to strawman me, and it's pretty scummy.". This means he is commenting on/responding to MY vote and reasoning on him in response to his vote on me having no reason.

I'm not sure if you're too sleep deprived or if you're overworked you lost your focus for a minute there, but if you re-read his post you'd see there was no reason mentioned there as to why he voted me in the first place.

I thought he voted you because of the fact you tried to setup a strawman, but eh
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:45 am

In post 333, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 332, Almost50 wrote:

."

I thought he voted you because of the fact you tried to setup a strawman, but eh

to clarify, I think he took it that you tried to strawman him before he presented his reason, at which then he never provided a reason at all.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:48 am

Post by The Bulge »

Sorry, first blitz, still not used to 24 hour prods. From what I've skimmed from the past couple pages there's definitely analysis to be done but I'll read into it further/elaborate when I'm on my laptop.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:55 am

Post by pisskop »

Hes not a bad choice for scum, but before we get a solid flip I wouldnt commit to one type or another.

In post 319, Karnage wrote:
In post 97, davesaz wrote:Are day SK normal?
What about a straight day vig who thought he was scum fakeclaiming PGO to explain not getting NK'd?

In retrospect the PGO claim was probably an attempt to get wagoned, then the IC can be revealed and scumhunt off the resulting chaos. But we won't know till postgame.

This looks like he is testing the waters for a day-vig claim

idk. I dont think he would claim if he were dayvig sk, but I do think he would have had more time to assess RC.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 329, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:you dont think Nosferatu is town?

If I did I wouldn't have left my vote on them, would I? Yes, it was there from before he joined in, but he gave me no reason to think of him otherwise.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:34 am

In post 337, Almost50 wrote:
In post 329, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:you dont think Nosferatu is town?

If I did I wouldn't have left my vote on them, would I? Yes, it was there from before he joined in, but he gave me no reason to think of him otherwise.

i asked that, then realized who your "when you come in and speculate about sk/vig" was aimed at.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

Actually, I was talking about Karnage there, but I have my reason not to switch my vote for now.

Basically I have 3 levels (now that we're approaching deadline). I'm listing them in the order they appear on the list in post 0, so don't assume prefer X over Y just bc I put their name first on the line.

Top Level (those I won't be lynching): Ranger, SRMP, pisskop, GL

Level 2 (those I would hate to lynch today): Xtoxm, droog, The Bulge, davesaz

Level 3 (open to lynch): Nosferatu, 3dicerolling, Karnage

In my notes (in my text file) I had Spiffeh (now Karnage) listed as the possible Day Vig. Since -by definition- a day vig is town-aligned I kept it to myself. Now it looks like they did shoot RC but are NOT town aligned, so I'm calling them out. We still have time and I need to hear from others too before I do move my vote.

Why I figured Spiffeh did it: Post # coming 4 posts after the kill post. This is a typical reaction from the one who just took a shot at someone. The "normal" reaction from someone who didn't do it could vary, but an example could be found in pisskop's double posts just before that (i.e. #82 & 83).

Shortly after Spiffeh vanished, which is why I assumed they were town. The town vig would probably feel guilty, take a break, come back to see things are still messed up and decides to leave the game. Now I'm not so sure bc the replacement should've just kept quiet about it. Karnage, however, not only brought it up as the first subject he addressed, but also pointed a finger on someone already. In 22 minutes, that's a new record in itself, but adding the names of the 2 scum players too in such a short time is nothing close to what I would expect any sane town-aligned player would do. This was done to impress the town with his speedy catch up so as to brush away all suspicions (which are usually generated about a spot being semi-active then opting out).
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Marquis »

REPLACEMENT.

Ankamius
replaces droog. (Thank you thank you thank you too so much! <3)

And finally all slots are filled again (for now)!
link in bio
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

Is anyone around presently? Preferably someone who is fully caught up and knows what's going on right now.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:50 am

I am ankamius
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:52 am

Post by pisskop »

ank. be town. We want to kill Xtox or apparently almost 50
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 343, pisskop wrote:ank. be town. We want to kill Xtox or apparently almost 50

What is the best single post in the entire thread detailing why either of these slots are scum?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:55 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 193, pisskop wrote:I was meh on it. Genuine-sounding apologetic-things are not exactly game content nor has he made a move to become townread.

It amounts to a variety of AtE without adding anything to the gamestate.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:55 am

Post by pisskop »

^^ for xtox
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 344, Ankamius wrote:What is the best single post in the entire thread detailing why either of these slots are scum?

Best question ever presented in this thread thus far. (Seriously)
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:16 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 107, 3dicerolling wrote:You set up your post with the intent of getting someone to jump on.

The way you set it up was to strawman anyone who voted you afterwards, regardless of what reasons they gave. That is evident by the fact that you did it even though I provided no reason at all.

You aren't trying to figure out my alignment, you are trying to strawman me, and it's pretty scummy.

@ank - this is for almost 50
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:19 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

There is more, but that was my initial reason for voting him.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”