Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by tojam2 »

@MochaMan: don't say, no matter the circumstance, who you're trying to apply pressure to.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 2.1

tojam2 (2):
mykonian, hawkleader3
hawkleader3 (1):
tojam2

No Vote (4):
jachawk, MochaMan, Natsu, Ruku

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-02-06 08:00:00).
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:38 am

Post by MochaMan »

In post 275, tojam2 wrote:don't say, no matter the circumstance, who you're trying to apply pressure to.

Why?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:17 am

Post by mykonian »

I think I've made a post before to that extent, but pressure isn't very real when you start talking about it, you are undermining your own vote with it. You probably shouldn't devaluate your vote.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:32 am

Post by tojam2 »

Prod dodge, was kind of expecting hawkleader to defend himself or attack me by now though.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by MochaMan »

I almost forgot. @hawkleader3
In post 229, MochaMan wrote:@hawkleader3
In post 206, MochaMan wrote:@HawkLeader
In post 185, MochaMan wrote:
In post 179, MochaMan wrote: How did I turn you into 'easy lynch bait'?
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Natsu »

Sorry I haven't been talking much, things have been picking up with work and school.

The thing I am trying to work out is how the mafia knew PC was a power role. Was it really random chance that they hit our one power role, or in the case of the column, our best power role? The way I see it, PC was a poor night kill target because he was looking like he was going to get himself lynched soon anyways. He was making enemies with a lot of people over little stuff, I guess to apply pressure. It's actually kind of funny to think of how Mocha or Tojam would react to him coming out with a Jailerkeeper claim and calling someone out.

During Day 1, I kind of assumed that mykonian was a power role, which I alluded to in a couple other posts. I didn't want to spell it out, but I definitely didn't want to lynch him Day 1 because of two majors reasons:

1. He is the IC, and I believe this makes him an HVT. The mafia would benefit to get rid of the more experienced players. Therefore, I wanted to see if he would be a lightning rod for a night kill, which would be impossible if we lynched him.
2. I thought he was a power role.

The reason I thought he was a power role is this:
He was working himself up to be one of the scummiest players in the game during Day 1. Sure, Jachawk and hawkleader were lurking, PC was mouthing off one-liners at people, Tojam was being Tojam, and I don't know what Lia was doing, but it somehow got her rallied against. But I felt like mykonian was drawing a lot of heat for the purpose of making himself a scum-read, which would give him the time he needed to use a PR ability.

Needless to say, I'm still quite surprised by PC's flip. It still makes sense why PC acted that way, for the very reason I outlined above. But it makes me more suspicious about mykonian.

But still, how did they know about PC?

I'm going to post here what my next steps are: I'm going to try and look at another game from mykonian, and I'm going to look at PC's iso again to see if I missed anything.

A question I would like to ask to everyone, who was your prediction on the nightkill after Lia flipped green?
I thought it was going to be either me, ruku, or mykonian.
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:47 am

Post by jachawk »

In post 281, Natsu wrote:

He was working himself up to be one of the scummiest players in the game during Day 1. Sure, Jachawk and hawkleader were lurking, PC was mouthing off one-liners at people, Tojam was being Tojam, and I don't know what Lia was doing, but it somehow got her rallied against. But I felt like mykonian was drawing a lot of heat for the purpose of making himself a scum-read, which would
give him the time he needed to use a PR ability

Not sure if mykonian wanted to make himself a scum read ....
Also, why would he need time to use a PR ability?

In post 281, Natsu wrote:
A question I would like to ask to everyone, who was your prediction on the nightkill after Lia flipped green?

I would have imagined mykonian being the nightkill, but PC did make some valid claims as well and this probably made him a target.
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:14 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

In post 279, tojam2 wrote:Prod dodge, was kind of expecting hawkleader to defend himself or attack me by now though.

Your vote on me is just saying I look scummy. The difference between being scummy and being on the lia wagon and being scummy and not on the wagon is that Lia is town and any opportunity to lynch town on day 1 should be taken advantage of by scum. Scum wants town lynched mistakenly as much as possible. That's why those who were on the Lia have a better chance of being scum in my mind than those not on the wagon, but then this could turn to WIFOM again

@Mochaman the answer to this question is irrelevant because I'm not voting for you because of that reason, and me telling you this reason does not help the scum hunting anymore, so I chose to ignore it until you forgot about it and moved on to more important tasks. Which you had for a period of time. I was wondering if light suspicion casted on you would affect your scum hunting in any way if I ignored you.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:30 am

Post by MochaMan »

In post 283, hawkleader3 wrote:@Mochaman the answer to this question is irrelevant because I'm not voting for you because of that reason, and me telling you this reason does not help the scum hunting anymore, so I chose to ignore it until you forgot about it and moved on to more important tasks. Which you had for a period of time. I was wondering if light suspicion casted on you would affect your scum hunting in any way if I ignored you.

This is a ridiculously scummy reply.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:46 am

Post by tojam2 »

@hawkleader3: Not voting is non-alignment indicative, and you revealed the $%&£[!* plan again.

Can we make it clear that pressure only works if it's legitimate.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by MochaMan »

In post 281, Natsu wrote:Sorry I haven't been talking much, things have been picking up with work and school.

The thing I am trying to work out is how the mafia knew PC was a power role. Was it really random chance that they hit our one power role, or in the case of the column, our best power role? The way I see it, PC was a poor night kill target because he was looking like he was going to get himself lynched soon anyways. He was making enemies with a lot of people over little stuff, I guess to apply pressure. It's actually kind of funny to think of how Mocha or Tojam would react to him coming out with a Jailerkeeper claim and calling someone out.

During Day 1, I kind of assumed that mykonian was a power role, which I alluded to in a couple other posts. I didn't want to spell it out, but I definitely didn't want to lynch him Day 1 because of two majors reasons:

1. He is the IC, and I believe this makes him an HVT. The mafia would benefit to get rid of the more experienced players. Therefore, I wanted to see if he would be a lightning rod for a night kill, which would be impossible if we lynched him.
2. I thought he was a power role.

The reason I thought he was a power role is this:
He was working himself up to be one of the scummiest players in the game during Day 1. Sure, Jachawk and hawkleader were lurking, PC was mouthing off one-liners at people, Tojam was being Tojam, and I don't know what Lia was doing, but it somehow got her rallied against. But I felt like mykonian was drawing a lot of heat for the purpose of making himself a scum-read, which would give him the time he needed to use a PR ability.

Needless to say, I'm still quite surprised by PC's flip. It still makes sense why PC acted that way, for the very reason I outlined above. But it makes me more suspicious about mykonian.

But still, how did they know about PC?

I'm going to post here what my next steps are: I'm going to try and look at another game from mykonian, and I'm going to look at PC's iso again to see if I missed anything.

Something about this post seems insincere. I can't put my finger on it though.
Phantom was the most blatant about being scummy, and if you look through his past games, he was at least a bit more involved and a little more subtle than this one.

I thought that either Phantom, Ruku, or Myko would die during the night. Natsu, and I were possible, but less probable, and Jachawk, tojam2 and hawkleader3 had no chance in dying that night.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by MochaMan »

In post 282, jachawk wrote:Not sure if mykonian wanted to make himself a scum read ....

I guess in some cases, a town would purposely make themselves more scummy, so that the chances of them dying during the night are lowered. This would allow them to make better use of their power if they were something like a cop, or doctor. So long as they aren't lynched during the day.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by MochaMan »

A question for anyone who can answer:
Does a jailed mafia prevent them from posting/viewing their nightchat?
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Natsu »

I definitely want to know that myself Mocha. It's kind of awkward considering either of the mafia could kill, but it might give us a clue? I strongly suspect that PC targeted you with his jail ability.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by MochaMan »

In post 289, Natsu wrote:I strongly suspect that PC targeted you with his jail ability.

What makes you say that?
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Post by Ruku »

jachawk: I think he got through the day very unscathed with a lot of the pressure being directed to the other hawk.

I also believe that you were PCs strongest scum read, so his death would be very beneficial to you.

VOTE: jachawk

Tojam isn't this dumb, I've read his other games. Theres no way he didn't know about the Mafia having a kill each. His comments are none-sensical and it's not like that when he's played before.

I don't know what the hell it is.

---------

I don't like this whole pressure argument. You can say you're applying pressure to someone and the pressure is still real. It doesn't devalue anything. Talking about pressure doesn't make it any less legitimate...

The only reason this would apply is if you're just pushing for reactions but don't actually think they're Scum. (This is obvious why)

@Tojam, I'm not sure whether it's alignment indicative but it sure as hell doesn't help town...
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:32 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

@ratsu I think applying pressure for the sake of applying it is only effective during a very inactive scum game or the beginning of eveey scum game
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:08 am

Post by tojam2 »

@Ruku, I think you'll find I pick up on most abbreviations WHEN THE IC EXPLAINS THEM, like LYLO.

@hawkleader3: People don't apply pressure for the sake of it (excluding scum), they apply pressure because they are trying to produce a read.

@Natsu: No, I was being toe jam on Day 1 (is it really a thing or is it an urban legend?).
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:04 am

Post by MochaMan »

In post 293, tojam2 wrote:@Ruku, I think you'll find I pick up on most abbreviations WHEN THE IC EXPLAINS THEM, like LYLO.

That's funny
In post 42, tojam2 wrote:@Natsu: Yes, you are too poorly uninformed, so read the wiki!!!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by mykonian »

sorry guys, tuesday was a mess but I should probably have been able to get in a post yesterday.

In post 291, Ruku wrote:Tojam isn't this dumb, I've read his other games. Theres no way he didn't know about the Mafia having a kill each. His comments are none-sensical and it's not like that when he's played before.

Thank you for confirmation on this. This is why I want to lynch tojam, I think he's playing dumber than he is.

I'm quite confused as why people thought I was going to get nightkilled. You don't get nightkilled with so much suspicion around. I may be an IC, that's not a guaranteed night kill target :P
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Natsu »

Hmm, you may have a point there. I just remembered that I read somewhere that IC's are killed first in 90% of newbie games. Maybe I'm putting too much stock into it.

Ruku makes a good point about Tojam. I was of the opinion that he is pretty damn likely to be a town, but I wouldn't want him in lylo at all. But thinking back to that one game where he was a werewolf, he just as easily could be scum here too.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:26 am

Post by mykonian »

what's with the lack of vote?
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:56 am

Post by jachawk »

In post 283, hawkleader3 wrote:

@Mochaman the answer to this question is irrelevant because I'm not voting for you because of that reason, and me telling you this reason does not help the scum hunting anymore, so I chose to ignore it until you forgot about it and moved on to more important tasks. Which you had for a period of time. I was wondering if light suspicion casted on you would affect your scum hunting in any way if I ignored you.

@hawkleader3 - It appears that you are trying a bit too hard to say that ignoring Mochaman was part of your scum hunting process
VOTE: hawkleader3

In post 287, MochaMan wrote:
In post 282, jachawk wrote:Not sure if mykonian wanted to make himself a scum read ....

I guess in some cases, a town would purposely make themselves more scummy, so that the chances of them dying during the night are lowered. This would allow them to make better use of their power if they were something like a cop, or doctor. So long as they aren't lynched during the day.

Thanks for the explanation, this somewhat makes sense now :)

In post 291, Ruku wrote:jachawk: I think he got through the day very unscathed with a lot of the pressure being directed to the other hawk.

I also believe that you were PCs strongest scum read, so his death would be very beneficial to you.

VOTE: jachawk

I am not sure how PCs death is beneficial to me, seeing that he was the jailkeeper. Also, it appears that the base for your suspicion on me is PCs death, I don't think this is what I would have gone for if I were scum.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:31 am

Post by tojam2 »

Why do you think I'm playing dumb - I played a similar game to this before, but I've since shed my confidence because none of my skill there applies here. In the other 2 games, no one else used odd language such as RVS and OMGUS, partially because I've only played 1 and a half games, I started Day 2 in my first Newbie game so I didn't get the RVS idea. If you read imkingdavid's last post on Newbie 1663, you'll see his recommendation, which is why I joined this game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”