Mini 1749: Classic Rock Mafia: Game Over!

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:32 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Classic Rock Mafia:
Votecount #4.66:

Dierfire (2): AlwaysInnocent, Aj The Epic
Frozen Angel (1): Garmr
Aj The Epic (1): Dierfire
Garmr (0):
Aeronaut (0):
Davesaz (0):
AlwaysInnocent (0):

Not voting: Davesaz, Aeronaut, Frozen Angel

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

Night falls in (expired on 2016-02-04 14:00:00).

Song:
The Rolling Stones: Paint it Black

Notes:
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away.
Please stop making me prod you guys. Post!
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1612, Dierfire wrote:
@Aj

You'll forgive me for not following your lead, but you're treating every player other than me as clear, so I'm sort of reluctant to trust your impressions.

Yeah I forgive you. It's hard to self vote as last scum. My conviction and boredom are both tied to the fact that it's pretty obvious the game's over and you're scum. I've been harping on it since I replaced in, and frankly nothing you say makes me feel like you've made any point in need of being addressed.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

How can you forgive him if he is pushing a mis lynch toward you

and he stated that was toward AI not you in next posts ...
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Dierfire »

@Aj (for real this time)

That post was for AlwaysInnocent! I've just spent the last part of the previous page explaining this.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1627, Frozen Angel wrote:How can you forgive him if he is pushing a mis lynch toward you

and he stated that was toward AI not you in next posts ...

Because it won't go through. And if it's for AI, it's whatever but both of us have reached the same conclusion.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:08 am

Post by davesaz »

We still have 8 days so there is no hurry. However the game needs a stir.

VOTE: Dierfire
L-1
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I'm having trouble here

My paranoias are killing me...

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1631, Frozen Angel wrote:I'm having trouble here

See signature.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:38 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1631, Frozen Angel wrote:I'm having trouble here

What's bothering you?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I'm kind of scumreading everyone beside Aero ...

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Dierfire »

Does that include me? If so, why are you hesitating to vote for me?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1635, Dierfire wrote:Does that include me? If so, why are you hesitating to vote for me?
Of course it includes you. However, since she scumreads everyone but Aeronaut (apparently), she will consider possible worlds where you are town and lynching you could result in a mislynch.

Since you are not town, you obviously didn't think of this.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Dierfire »

That doesn't even make sense! If I were Mafia that would make her Town and I would have
better
insight into her behavior, not worse.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Ok. I've gone through and done a little research.

Garmr
- post 1314, seems like a good genuine attack on Firebringer, and his deliberations about that and other players in our hood make me think he's probably town. He also votes ABR with me pretty easily, although without too much explanation besides what I had said.

Frozen Angel:
Stalls on ABR for a bit, and/or unvotes and lets the opposers be heard. Having said that, Frozen makes post 1180 against Firebringer, which is really enough for me to be able to call her town.

Davesaz
- Makes a naked vote on Firebringer, thats about it there. Stays very quiet on ABR. Taly claimed Miller, though, and idk still how I feel about that. I'm not ready to lynch him.

AJtheEpic -
post 1314 is what kind of stuck out as a reason not to vote for AJ right now. He lays out a pretty good argument for why I was right about ABR. Not sure I see that from a scum buddy. However, he says really not much about Firebringer at all.

Dierfire -
Looking back on his votes on Firebringer and Albert B. Rampage, both are really kind of weak, stalling, noncommittal. With ABR, he agreed with me on the setup spec in our hood, but stalled for awhile before actually voting him.

AlwaysInnocent -
Very conservative about voting carefully and using all of our time, especially on our flipped scum. Now, this could be argued as just a game-trait of AlwaysInnocent,
however
, I was reading up on some of his other games and in this one, Open 617, in which he was
town
, AI is very callous and nonchalant about his voting, even going so far as to suggest a random-lynch. This makes me think that AI's reservedness here was less because of general play style, and more because he was trying to slow the lynches of scum buddies.

Finally, although he was very careful and reserved about voting Firebringer and ABR, these posts about the Mathilda lynch are much more anxious and ready to lynch, etc.

Spoiler: Alwaysinnocent on Lynching Mathilda
In post 507, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Mathilda, Dwlee, Dierfire need to die. All of them. No mercy.

In post 511, AlwaysInnocent wrote:But I am fine with lynching Dierfire or Mathilda first.

In post 673, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I suggest lynching one of them now, and vigging another this night.

In post 695, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I am not opposed to hammering Mathilda. She is now at L-2. If someone else votes for her, I might hammer her.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

VOTE:
AlwaysInnocent
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

fucked up one of the post numbers for Garmr, hold on
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p7549087 is the Garmr quote I was thinking about
2023 W/L | 1-0
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

You're wrong about me, Aeronaut. But I understand your reasons for voting me. I admit: this has not been my best game.

I would advise you to look at my interactions with Dwlee, though. How likely is it that it was faked?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Aeronaut, also, remember that Aj replaced Radja. Look at the interactions between Radja and Albert B. Likely scum team? I think not.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1642, AlwaysInnocent wrote:You're wrong about me, Aeronaut. But I understand your reasons for voting me. I admit: this has not been my best game.

I would advise you to look at my interactions with Dwlee, though. How likely is it that it was faked?

You mean that time you said he was fence-scum with minimal reasoning, and then never actually voted him or pushed him?

Yea I took a look there.
2023 W/L | 1-0
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Furthermore, even though this is slightly WIFOM-ish (if I were scum, that is), how likely is it that I would get frustrated about FA's quickhammer on Firebringer
after
he was hammered?

Suppose I am scum. Would I really go through the trouble to fake frustration with someone's playstyle, to deceive the town? Even though people mostly remember me "defending" Firebringer, not so much when it happened. Not good if I am scum. Is that really worth it? I would have expected this to be used against me if I were scum, so I would not have gone through the trouble to do that. On the other hand, "if" I am town, I might have serious doubts about the quickhammer. I might even believe that I could be nightkilled (not that likely, but who knows). So, I made use of the time I had to complain about FA. Little did I know that Firebringer would flip scum, and FA was right all along.

Which scenario is more likely?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1644, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1642, AlwaysInnocent wrote:You're wrong about me, Aeronaut. But I understand your reasons for voting me. I admit: this has not been my best game.

You mean that time you said he was fence-scum with minimal reasoning, and then never actually voted him or pushed him?

Yea I took a look there.
So the constant calls to kill everyone in the pool {Mathilda, Dwlee/Firebringer, Dierfire} mean nothing to you?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1645, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Furthermore, even though this is slightly WIFOM-ish (if I were scum, that is), how likely is it that I would get frustrated about FA's quickhammer on Firebringer
after
he was hammered?

Suppose I am scum. Would I really go through the trouble to fake frustration with someone's playstyle, to deceive the town? Even though people mostly remember me "defending" Firebringer, not so much when it happened. Not good if I am scum. Is that really worth it? I would have expected this to be used against me if I were scum, so I would not have gone through the trouble to do that. On the other hand, "if" I am town, I might have serious doubts about the quickhammer. I might even believe that I could be nightkilled (not that likely, but who knows). So, I made use of the time I had to complain about FA. Little did I know that Firebringer would flip scum, and FA was right all along.

Which scenario is more likely?

See it's like just very likely that you said well shit, i've been defending this scumble all day, so now I have to
really
sell it, so that when people call you out for it later on, you can point to that and say "OH LOOK I WAS MAD ABOUT THE QUICKHAMMER".

My problem is that it was less you defending fire bringer, and more you saying things like "Oh no, we can't hammer yet, we've got to weigh all of our option", e.g. defending him without actually looking like you are.

See, like this post for example just looks like theatre to me. Spewing out hypotheticals of things you will do if Firebringer flips town.
2023 W/L | 1-0
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

You're even quoting those posts, but all you see is Mathilda apparently. I screwed up the lynch order. Big time.

My overconfidence caused me to fall. After I realized I was wrong about Mathilda, I became a lot more cautious. This developed completely organically. It is not easy to fake that at all.

Being cautious about the wrong people only caused me to fall further. I hope you realize I am town sooner or later. We can win even if you mislynch me, but since we cannot be completely certain, there is still a 1% possibility that Dierfire is town and someone else is scum. I don't believe that, but hey, I have been wrong before. Still, I would like to believe that I am not completely stupid and have been right about Dierfire from the beginning, except that my overconfidence caused me to misjudge the lynch order and how scum could manipulate this.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Well, Aeronaut, I appreciate it that you think I am a lot smarter than I am. This game proved to me that I should get my head out of my ass more often.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”