Blitz 24: Great Idea Mafia

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

in fact I'd be happy with an itlepip lynch today given that he's ignored the same question three times now and just grossly misrepped me by talking about a vote that I never made.

We have 11 hours, people need to commit to a wagon at this point.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:06 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Actually Pers' is some misreppy shit. "weak questioning" to itlepip? What exactly was 'weak' about it?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:22 am

Post by itlepip »

VOTE: lion last 4 posts were the worst posts in the game, your play seems really different than your town play.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

:roll:

There's definitely scum in itlepip/Persivul

Itlepip, what's the difference between my town play and my play here?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

And give me your fucking Persivul read!
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:55 am

Post by itlepip »

I don't have a persivul read, I didn't like early stuff but 247 was an amazing post which you have failed in your 2 attempts to discredit. The meta is that your town game isn't literal garbage.
In post 96, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't have much yet other than I think lilith is town here

tbh everyone's posting so far looks town but I know some of you (RC, lane) have fooled me as scum before
The first post and the second post directly contradict each other.

In post 116, GuiltyLion wrote:yeah I wouldn't policy lynch a miller but I wouldn't grant them towncred for their claim either. It's basically a completely null action in terms of evaluating alignment but it's pro-town to do if you are in fact a miller because it keeps the cop hidden.
isn't something that is protown towny? I mean I agree that it is NAI but if you think claiming is protown then by definition it is towny.
In post 160, GuiltyLion wrote:My Ranger vote feels stale and I don't think I want her to be the leading wagon.

VOTE: Persivul
You voted Ranger expressly for pressure right, why did you suddenly "not want her to the leading wago"?
In post 200, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 192, itlepip wrote:Lane stop being so towny, its messing up my Lane meta.

can you explain this?

What is your Lane meta and why is his play in this game messing it up?

Because if I squint real hard, it looks like saying this implies that you already know Lane's alignment

VOTE: itlepip

You never explained how it seemed like I know Lane's alignment
In post 205, GuiltyLion wrote:hmph okay, that's fair. What's your read on Persivul?

tbh I wouldn't rule out scumreading lane for looking super townie, in Five Night's at Freddy's Mafia (which was coincidentally also modded by lucky), he had me very seriously considering lynching my cop inno result over him. Although part of that was because him bringing cop me to LYLO with a player that I greenchecked was an aggressive gamble.
If I adequatly addressed what you were accusing me of why are you still voting me? Like you said that my point was valid, and you seem to trying to go back to Persivul, but you keep your vote on me for no known reason.
In post 242, GuiltyLion wrote:Because I'm worried you could be scum planning something

and even if you are town and this is a foolproof plan to clear you, then you might eat the NK anyway

This post was so much more confident in the RC scum world that I just assumed you were voting for RC. But apparently missing a vote is "grossly misrepping"
GuiltyLion wrote:in fact I'd be happy with an itlepip lynch today given that he's ignored the same question three times now and just grossly misrepped me by talking about a vote that I never made.

We have 11 hours, people need to commit to a wagon at this point.
:roll:

Also is analysis, you might not like the analysis, but lines like "He looks like scum who's just floating trial balloons and hoping one of them will fly without really pushing any of them. " are the definition of analysis. You haven't actually addressed the points in 247, just took 2 words and attacked them and then called the post out for not having analysis.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 255, itlepip wrote:isn't something that is protown towny? I mean I agree that it is NAI but if you think claiming is protown then by definition it is towny.

No it's not, it's only townie in hindsight. I cannot possibly know whether she is a miller or not, so it does nothing for her alignment for Bme. But if she IS a miller, it helps town to claim it because it protects the cop.

In post 255, itlepip wrote:You voted Ranger expressly for pressure right, why did you suddenly "not want her to the leading wago"?

Because I got town vibes from her series of posts between 149-153 and my vote for her was never for a good reason anyway. I wanted to see how people reacted to it, and it seemed like there weren't any useful reactions.

In post 255, itlepip wrote:You never explained how it seemed like I know Lane's alignment

Because you're asserting that his play this game is changing how you will read him in the future when you shouldn't know what his alignment is in this game. If lane is scum here, and he normally looks scammer when he's town, then this game wouldn't mess up your meta at all.

In post 255, itlepip wrote: If I adequatly addressed what you were accusing me of why are you still voting me? Like you said that my point was valid, and you seem to trying to go back to Persivul, but you keep your vote on me for no known reason.

Because you literally never answered my Persivul question - even now, you gave me a dodge - and I was nowhere near sold on you being town yet. I'm still not.

In post 255, itlepip wrote:This post was so much more confident in the RC scum world that I just assumed you were voting for RC. But apparently missing a vote is "grossly misrepping"

How is saying "you could be scum" soooo confident that you assume I'm voting him? And more importantly -
what kind of townie assumes someone is voting someone else without seeing the vote

In post 255, itlepip wrote:Also is analysis, you might not like the analysis, but lines like "He looks like scum who's just floating trial balloons and hoping one of them will fly without really pushing any of them. " are the definition of analysis. You haven't actually addressed the points in 247, just took 2 words and attacked them and then called the post out for not having analysis.

I don't feel the need to argue with Persivul's 247, it's a horrendous case based on nothing alignment indicative. The fact that you call it "amazing" is comical, and the quality of the post will speak for itself on my flip.

The thing is, Persivul has a history of boneheaded pushes as town so I'd rather gauge his intentions via his other posts rather than just wasting time defending myself from him.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

To succinctly clarify my thoughts on this stupid miller point -

Ranger claiming miller is townier than a miller not claiming miller
Ranger claiming miller is not townier (or scummier) than a non-miller townie not claiming miller.

So if she's a miller, it's the correct townie play, but since we can't know whether she's a miller or not, it means nothing.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 245, Persivul wrote:
In post 239, RadiantCowbells wrote:What other motivation do you have to try to encourage a potential clear to not be cleared?

Personally I'd rather have a cop - and you're making a really big deal about something we might not even have in the game - find scum than clear one person, and especially one person who's more concerned with personal survival than actually scum hunting.

My personal survival feeds back into my ability to continue to scumhunt anyway.

Just cop me protective on me easy win.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:54 am

Post by lilith2013 »

GL, how are you so certain there's one scum between itle and Persivul?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:54 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Or I guess it could be two since you didn't specify one
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:55 am

Post by lane0168 »

Scum gambit. He's playing the odds there's no cop I bet.

Already take claimed once. Freaks out and claims. That seems fake.

VOTE: rc
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:56 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Wow scum really don't want me getting cleared this game.

GL/Lane scumteam prolly.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 259, lilith2013 wrote:GL, how are you so certain there's one scum between itle and Persivul?

I'm not really certain but I think it's likely, and I hyperbolized it both because I'm annoyed and because it's more likely to get reactions. Whenever I feel like I'm probably going to be lynched, I try to grill the people voting me as much as I can to at least help town get something out of it.

They're both making the worst possible votes in the game (FMPOV), and RC is an easy person for scum to sheep. itle's vote on me is especially bad, consider I don't feel that he's really giving me detailed answers to my questions:

"What's your read on Persivul?"
"don't have a read but his case on you is amazing"

"What's different about my town game and my play here?"
"your play this game is literal garbage"

Also I think you, Ranger, and Lane are my stronger townreads, so it POEs it down a bit further from there as well.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

RC your enormous ego is a major hindrance to your scumhunting abilities. You are only voting me because you're offended that I don't like you directing a cop investigation.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:01 am

Post by lilith2013 »

So do you still think RC is scum?

What makes me seem town to you?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 265, lilith2013 wrote:So do you still think RC is scum?

I don't recall ever saying I think RC is definitively scum. I don't particularly think RC is scummier than itlepip or Persivul, but he's not ringing strong town for me this game.

I liked your questions to Ranger in and , I don't see a scum!lilith reason to ask those questions. And then and felt extremely town-transparent. The fact that a bunch of other people have been doubting your D1 play makes me think you're more likely to be town here as well.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

the fact that RC doesn't question Persivul for saying basically the exact same thing that I said is a bit confusing

also I feel town!RC should have recognized that itlepip's vote here is abjectly terrible
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:09 am

Post by lilith2013 »

But the rest of my ISO is crap??

Personally I feel like you're usually better at being proactive in engaging people and scumhunting, which I'm not really feeling from you here.

But I also would expect your scumplay to be a lot better than this, like I was solidly townreading scum!you in EIAL2 until the whole thing with your claim.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think part of my problem is that this is a Blitz game which means there's not really enough time for involved Day play, and I read people better when they're interacting with eachother, that usually gives me a hook to jump in.

I don't really think your ISO is crap, it looks genuine, which is the main thing I look for.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:10 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 267, GuiltyLion wrote:the fact that RC doesn't question Persivul for saying basically the exact same thing that I said is a bit confusing

also I feel town!RC should have recognized that itlepip's vote here is abjectly terrible

Can you explain the first part? What did you say that Persivul also said that RC questioned you about but not him?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 258, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 245, Persivul wrote:
In post 239, RadiantCowbells wrote:What other motivation do you have to try to encourage a potential clear to not be cleared?

Personally I'd rather have a cop - and you're making a really big deal about something we might not even have in the game - find scum than clear one person, and especially one person who's more concerned with personal survival than actually scum hunting.

My personal survival feeds back into my ability to continue to scumhunt anyway.

Just cop me protective on me easy win.

This post. I've already pointed out that we might not have a cop in this game, and that I feel investigating RC because he wants us to is at best a useless plan and at worst falling for a scum trap. But RC jumps on me for discrediting the idea of investigating him, but is fine with Persivul doing the same thing.

Also, my scumplay is a lot better than this but I've learned not to use that argument after Searching with Dragons mafia.

check out Newbie 1667 for some dope GL scum game
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:21 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 262, RadiantCowbells wrote:Wow scum really don't want me getting cleared this game.

GL/Lane scumteam prolly.

What's the difference now? You already claimed and will be dead tonight right?

VOTE: itelpip

L-1
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:23 am

Post by lane0168 »

I think rc is full of crap btw.

Just want to get that out there on case I die tonight
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Also itlepip, you should check out Kids with Guns mafia to see some garbage GL towngame. I opposed every wagon on scum, TvT tunneled for most of the game, and was generally a leading wagon and a distraction. TTH and Marquis carried me that game

Lane that's not L-1 AFAIK, do you mean to be voting me?

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”