Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Thok »

Note, I want ThAdmiral to confirm what he did last night, but I think we now need to lynch BM today; I don't want scum to get a chance to use an item that might give them the ability to get an extra vig or protection from lynch.

(I'm actually annoyed by ThAdmiral's choices. Fonz and The Greg were obvious choices to be sent items, if you weren't going to be flying on a broom.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Hi. I need to reread the whole thread.

From what I have read, I seem to recall that Raffles did not claim. I'm the Blacksmith (vanilla townie). Further flavor can be provided if needed.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Akbar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Thok's comments don't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, Theo came up town. So from that alone you can ascertain that we are not scumbuddies.
(Bolding for anyone interested in changing Theopor's lynch results.)
theopor_COD was lynched by the group, including Battle Mage coming back from his sabbatical to jump up and down on the lever of the gallows until it finally gave way.
Good thing
, too, since theo's hands were
dirty as sin
ah i see. lol :roll:
just not reading i guess. I hate the fact that we cant just have the results posted in red for scum and green for town. But whatever. That indicates that Akbar probably is town. Thus i must look elsewhere. So, why have 2 items been recieved last night?

I dont understand what Thok is saying atall. I also dont see how he can be telling the truth about recieving an item. Furthermore he seems very eager to rush into a lynch without hearing from the relevant players.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

Why would he lie when it's verifiable?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage wrote:I dont understand what Thok is saying atall. I also dont see how he can be telling the truth about recieving an item. Furthermore he seems very eager to rush into a lynch without hearing from the relevant players.

BM
The last time items appeared, it was a result of the witch sisters, who sent out two items in one night. I'm surprsied that ThAdmiral can send out two items again (rather than just one for the one living witch sister), but it's not unreasonable.

I'm not actually rushing a lynch. I haven't voted for you yet (and I won't until ThAdmiral verifies what he did last night), but it's clear as day to me who the remaining scum are and what the scum groups are. We have 8 alive, of which I'm convinced 5 are town, so as a town, we will win as long as we lynch the remaining 3 people in a reasonable order and I keep blocking scum to limit night kills.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

sorry about my night choices. I was sort of rushed into doing them and so didn't have time to read the thread beforehand.

I sent BM a broom and thok an orb. I don't know what these do.
I chose them because neither had been out in previous nights when my predecessor had gone flying around.

If it hasn't already been brought up this is what my predecessor saw:
N2: MoS, Akbar, bird1111, ~N9V~, Shanba, XReyoX
N3: ~N9V~, bird1111, Mastermind of Sin, Shanba, Akbar, XreyoX
N4: Akbar, theopor_COD, XreyoX, ~N9V~
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Thok »

For reference ThAdmiral, I replaced XreyoX.

Here is a list of all roleclaims (except for Raffles, whose replacment just claimed Blacksmith/Vanilla) in handy dandy form.

I can confirm I got something called The Almighty Orb of Awareness.

Anything else that needs to be discussed?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well i have to say, it is strange to see Akbar still alive. But anyway, i think the best course of action is for all power roles to claim what they did last night. That really means Thok, who claimed to block Fuldu. This means there is probably a 50% chance that Fuldu is Mafia, assuming Akbar and Thok are town, and is probably the play today.
Other than that, i think it might be potent to lynch the ESE members next. of the claims, those are the only ones that i can discern as potential scum-claims.

thoughts?
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:42 am

Post by Thok »

The easiest explanation for why Akbar is alive is that I blocked the mafia from potentially killing him, and that BM submitted the wolves nightkill and stupidly thought that Akbar is scum (and consequently BM foolishly thought he could get Akbar lynched today).

Your desire to try to get claimed masons lynched is too much.

vote Battle Mage
I want to get that broom out of the game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Thok wrote:The easiest explanation for why Akbar is alive is that I blocked the mafia from potentially killing him, and that BM submitted the wolves nightkill and stupidly thought that Akbar is scum (and consequently BM foolishly thought he could get Akbar lynched today).

Your desire to try to get claimed masons lynched is too much.

vote Battle Mage
I want to get that broom out of the game.
well i cant blame you for trying. Not only did i get 1 EXCUSE for lynching me-i got 3.

1. I think it was made pretty clear yesterday that Akbar probably wasnt scum.

2. Claimed masons my arse. Unless i'm missing something major here, we dont know whether ESE are protown or not. They could easily be a cult or a third scumgroup from where i am standing. Or, Fonz and Greg might not be ESE atall, and are simply claiming it because they think all ESE members are dead.

3. Why do you especially want an item out of the game? I dont know what the broom does, but your orb looks like it could be a 1-shot tracker/watcher. My broom might allow me to take up the podium in place of Kison, and deliver items to people.
Nonetheless, i am intrigued to hear why you particularly see a 'broom' as a threat, when you obviously don't consider your 'orb' to be dangerous.

Another explanation is also required-an answer to the question-why arent you voting Fuldu if you think he is scum?

Oh and 1 more thing i'd like to say ooc: Cut the insults out. Your posts seem to be so laden with propaganda, its very hard to see them as genuine. I dont know why you seem so keen to convince people that my comments are 'stupid' and/or 'foolish', but its not particularly nice. It'd be particularly appreciated if you would stop insulting me based on things which AREN'T EVEN TRUE. Try using facts before smothering me in WIFOM plz.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage wrote:1. I think it was made pretty clear yesterday that Akbar probably wasnt scum.
If it was so clear, why did you start today by trying to lynch Akbar and claiming that theopor was town? It's clear that it was not clear to you that Akbar was town.
2. Claimed masons my arse. Unless i'm missing something major here, we dont know whether ESE are protown or not. They could easily be a cult or a third scumgroup from where i am standing. Or, Fonz and Greg might not be ESE atall, and are simply claiming it because they think all ESE members are dead.
Scum rarely fake claim mason. We also know that the flavor of the mafia is "People at Lucius Lovato's estate", not "ESE members". The flavor of the werewolves is "Werewolf", not "ESE member". We certainly don't have the nightkills to support a third scum group. If they were a cult, they likely would have won by now.
3. Why do you especially want an item out of the game? I dont know what the broom does, but your orb looks like it could be a 1-shot tracker/watcher. My broom might allow me to take up the podium in place of Kison, and deliver items to people.
Nonetheless, i am intrigued to hear why you particularly see a 'broom' as a threat, when you obviously don't consider your 'orb' to be dangerous.
I don't want items in the hands of scum. You having an item isn't an argument for you being scum, but it is an argument that among the scum, you should be a higher priority lynch than the others. If ThAdmiral didn't send you an item, I'd probably be pushing for a Fuldu lynch (actually, I probably be discussing what the size of the wolf group would be to assess whether lynching Fuldu would put him in lynch or lose, but I wasn't expecting Lowell to be nightkilled, which mostly solves that problem).
Another explanation is also required-an answer to the question-why arent you voting Fuldu if you think he is scum?
I think getting the item out of the game before it can help scum is a higher priority than lynching Fuldu. This is a situation where we need to lynch three people in three days, and I do care that we get the order of killing scum correct.
Oh and 1 more thing i'd like to say ooc: Cut the insults out. Your posts seem to be so laden with propaganda, its very hard to see them as genuine. I dont know why you seem so keen to convince people that my comments are 'stupid' and/or 'foolish', but its not particularly nice. It'd be particularly appreciated if you would stop insulting me based on things which AREN'T EVEN TRUE. Try using facts before smothering me in WIFOM plz.
My point is that your comments in thread match up with the fact that Akbar wasn't killed last night. You've outright admitted to not realizing that theopor was scum from his lynch scene (and hence thinking Akbar was scum), and it's reasonable to notice that the last two likely wolf kills reflect that fact. (Kison was daykilled rather than Akbar, and Lowell was nightkiledl rather than Akbar).

Using the words, "stupidly" and "foolishly" was probably redundant. But it's obviosu that you didn't realize that Akbar was town.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Thok »

Also BM, I note that you completely ignore the idea of Tarhalindur/Raffles being a werewolf.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Akbar »

BM attacking in all directions including the Masons looks desperate. As long as Fuldu is pinned down, I agree BM being today's play. The broom sounds like a defensive item, like hiding/flying, but why chance it.

Vote Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Thok wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:1. I think it was made pretty clear yesterday that Akbar probably wasnt scum.
If it was so clear, why did you start today by trying to lynch Akbar and claiming that theopor was town? It's clear that it was not clear to you that Akbar was town.
So i misread the death scene. Whoop de doo. Next question please.
Scum rarely fake claim mason. We also know that the flavor of the mafia is "People at Lucius Lovato's estate", not "ESE members". The flavor of the werewolves is "Werewolf", not "ESE member". We certainly don't have the nightkills to support a third scum group. If they were a cult, they likely would have won by now.
Maybe it is rare for scum to fakeclaim mason, but there again, it does happen. Perhaps this game might be a valuable lesson for you.
I don't want items in the hands of scum. You having an item isn't an argument for you being scum, but it is an argument that among the scum, you should be a higher priority lynch than the others. If ThAdmiral didn't send you an item, I'd probably be pushing for a Fuldu lynch (actually, I probably be discussing what the size of the wolf group would be to assess whether lynching Fuldu would put him in lynch or lose, but I wasn't expecting Lowell to be nightkilled, which mostly solves that problem).
I'm going to lol so much if you turn out to be town. Sadly there isnt much i can say in my defence. Most of the case on me is based on no other lynches looking as appealing.
I think getting the item out of the game before it can help scum is a higher priority than lynching Fuldu. This is a situation where we need to lynch three people in three days, and I do care that we get the order of killing scum correct.
You seem very sure about the number of scum remaining. If you are right, this game is all but over for the town. So lets hope this is BS on your part. I'm also intrigued to ask-how sure are you that i am scum?
Your words suggest certainty, yet FTR, i'd like you to state it again.
My point is that your comments in thread match up with the fact that Akbar wasn't killed last night. You've outright admitted to not realizing that theopor was scum from his lynch scene (and hence thinking Akbar was scum), and it's reasonable to notice that the last two likely wolf kills reflect that fact. (Kison was daykilled rather than Akbar, and Lowell was nightkiledl rather than Akbar).

Using the words, "stupidly" and "foolishly" was probably redundant. But it's obviosu that you didn't realize that Akbar was town.
[/quote]

It astounds me that you dont think commenting on NK's is WIFOM. Its odd that pretty much every IC on the site has told me this, and yet you seem to know better. Still, i guess we'll see whether your logic adds up when i am lynched.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage wrote:You seem very sure about the number of scum remaining. If you are right, this game is all but over for the town. So lets hope this is BS on your part. I'm also intrigued to ask-how sure are you that i am scum?
If I'm right, the town has a nearly guaranteed win, just by lynching the people that aren't confirmed in the correct order.

I'd put the odds of you being scum around 90%, with the remaining 10% being Phoebus being a bastard mod or there only being two werewolves in the game rather than three. Like you've said, it's more that I'm fairly certain that me/Akbar/Fonz/The Greg/ThAdmiral are protown. Of the remaining three, it's clear from my roleblock that Fuldu (now celtic) is Lucius Lovato, and that leaves you and Raffless (now Tarhadilur) to be werewolves.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Thok wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:You seem very sure about the number of scum remaining. If you are right, this game is all but over for the town. So lets hope this is BS on your part. I'm also intrigued to ask-how sure are you that i am scum?
If I'm right, the town has a nearly guaranteed win, just by lynching the people that aren't confirmed in the correct order.

I'd put the odds of you being scum around 90%, with the remaining 10% being Phoebus being a bastard mod or there only being two werewolves in the game rather than three. Like you've said, it's more that I'm fairly certain that me/Akbar/Fonz/The Greg/ThAdmiral are protown. Of the remaining three, it's clear from my roleblock that Fuldu (now celtic) is Lucius Lovato, and that leaves you and Raffless (now Tarhadilur) to be werewolves.
90%. ok lol. I simply wanted to get a figure down, so i can quote it when you've cost us the game. Sour grapes and all that, plus the fact that i would expect a better read from a player of your experience and reputation.
Still, it is a shining example of how even the greatest players in the world can make schoolboy errors :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Thok »

For somebody who complains about propaganda, your last post sure has a lot of it. Lynching you is not a "school boy error".

Could you tell us the full name of the broom?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Thok wrote:Could you tell us the full name of the broom?
I believe I can be of assistance here:
it is a broom of the finest cypress around for miles
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:18 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Thok wrote:Could you tell us the full name of the broom?
I believe I can be of assistance here:
it is a broom of the finest cypress around for miles
that is correct. it does not itself have a name however.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

BM, this kind of thing is exactly why some people don't like you. There's no need to go with the 'you might learn something' condescension towards a pretty decent mafia player in Thok.
Battle Mage wrote:
THINK! If
all
ESE members are dead, then why has only one person come up 'ESE member?' That makes no sense. No-one living has counterclaimed Greg and I, nor has anyone other than Al come up ESE. Therefore, the only logical conclusions are that either Al was the only member of the organisation, or Greg and I are telling the truth.

If we are a third scumgroup, we are one which hasn't attempted a kill in the entire game. Had we been a cult, either one or other of us would have died by now, attempting to recruit scum, or we'd have won by now. That's even before we get to the notion that a cult recruiter might be fairly likely to need to leave his house at night in order to recruit.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Thok »

The Fonz wrote:BM, this kind of thing is exactly why some people don't like you. There's no need to go with the 'you might learn something' condescension towards a pretty decent mafia player in Thok.
BM's doing his usual "anybody who tries to wagon BM is wrong or scum" routine. I'm basically ignoring it.

Hmm. I was hoping the name of the broom would have given us more insight into what it actually does.

The Fonz: do you have any thoughts about my analysis of who's likely to be the remaining scum/wolves?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm pretty much a fan. From where I'm sitting, it can only go wrong if either you or Akbar are scum, and whilst the idea of Akbar as scumdoc has crossed my mind from time to time, but I just can't see him not killing PBuG if that were the case. You've been confirmed pretty much by REyo's breadcrumbing and N9V's account of how he was blocked, so i can't really see what could go wrong here- lynch BM, block Fuldu, if the game doesn't end, Raffles is scum too.

Vote: BM
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

First Vote Count of Day Six:

3: Battle Mage (Thok, Akbar, The Fonz)

5: Not Voting (Tarhalindur, ThAdmiral, Celtic18, The Greg, Battle Mage)

With eight alive, five votes will lynch.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, also on Fuldu, kinda preaching to the choir, but:
Fuldu wrote:Since Flay has also been shown innocent, that hardly seems the best source of her certainty.
Of course, given what we now know, it appears the wagon was both on scum AND scum-driven.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually i'd have said Thok was more than a 'pretty decent mafia player'. Before today, i'd have listed him as one of the best mafia players on site. Again, this game might either reinforce this view (if Thok is scum) or damage it (if Thok is town).
I dont mean it as an insult, but tbh, i try to take what i see of a player, over their reputation, any day.

Tomorrow, lynching Thok is a must. Fonz makes some good points (i thought we had 2 ESE members dead). Im thinking Fuldu and Thok are the last 2 scum.

BM

The Fonz wrote:BM, this kind of thing is exactly why some people don't like you. There's no need to go with the 'you might learn something' condescension towards a pretty decent mafia player in Thok.
Battle Mage wrote:
THINK! If
all
ESE members are dead, then why has only one person come up 'ESE member?' That makes no sense. No-one living has counterclaimed Greg and I, nor has anyone other than Al come up ESE. Therefore, the only logical conclusions are that either Al was the only member of the organisation, or Greg and I are telling the truth.

If we are a third scumgroup, we are one which hasn't attempted a kill in the entire game. Had we been a cult, either one or other of us would have died by now, attempting to recruit scum, or we'd have won by now. That's even before we get to the notion that a cult recruiter might be fairly likely to need to leave his house at night in order to recruit.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”