Micro 576 - Word Sneak Mafia 2: Even Sneakier! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:33 am

Post by BNL »

In post 535, Postie wrote:
In post 524, Halos and Horns wrote:Doesn't help that she's jumped on literally every single wagon that's gained any traction today, which is scummy as fuck,

I was leading those wagons
- I didn't jump on them at all! The wagons gained traction because of the people who followed me onto them.

You definitely didn't lead the Davsto wagon
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

catching up

but you guys have seriously ruined the word sneak part of this game for me
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 484, Aristophanes wrote:Yeah, possible Flubscum.
ISO is meh. Like he's not actively scumhunting.

put your vote where your mouth is

oh wait
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 495, Postie wrote:Warming to the idea of an Aristo or lane lynch. The BNL-was-misrepping argument is stupid. I'd prefer lane over Aristo though because Aristo's townslips remind me of when I kept townslipping in Newbie 1664 and Frozen Angel was all "OMG stop making fake townslips!" when really I was just an idiot.

VOTE: lane

Yeah, I'm wagon hopping again. Deal with it.

aristo isn't a newbie
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 549, BNL wrote:
In post 541, Postie wrote:
In post 540, TheCow wrote:toastie, you're still pegging marbles as town?

Slight townlean, I think.

My money's on a scumteam of lane/Flubber or GL/Flubber.

Wait what
Since when were you scumreading Flubbernugget, and why?

I like how this is a better scum case than the circle jerk between rc and lillith

I still think aristo is a better wagon. He's kiiiinda taking stances now but I'm not impressed
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:15 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 495, Postie wrote:Warming to the idea of an Aristo or lane lynch. The BNL-was-misrepping argument is stupid. I'd prefer lane over Aristo though because Aristo's townslips remind me of when I kept townslipping in Newbie 1664 and Frozen Angel was all "OMG stop making fake townslips!" when really I was just an idiot.

Lol I just read Postie say they are leading all the wagons. And explicitly not jumping on wagons.

Its weird how she also thinks of herself as wagon hopping.

Thats all I have the energy to say today
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 521, Postie wrote:The only players I've called scum so far are you and BNL (now a townlean).

Postie - why did you reverse your read from BNL scum to BNL town? Is it purely because of the speed of his wagon? Because I see all-town fast wagons happen all the time, especially when someone does something as scummy as BNL did.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I generally agree with H&H that Postie's push on Lane is terrible, Lane looks extremely town to me after I pushed him over his Ari push in the beginning.

I would like an explanation from Postie as to why she thinks I'm scum and why she reversed her push on BNL.

BNL is still my primary scumread, and he dodged my question about Ari.
BNL, what is your read on Ari? And can you try to explain why it was null halfway into D1 when Ari had hit L-1 and was majorly scumread by a number of players

If Postie is town here I wouldn't rule out scum!H&H
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Postie »

In post 549, BNL wrote:Wait what
Since when were you scumreading Flubbernugget, and why?

In post 557, GuiltyLion wrote:I would like an explanation from Postie as to why she thinks I'm scum and why she reversed her push on BNL.

Those are less scumreads and more nullreads that could be scum based on the interactions between the players I've got as potential scum from PoE.

In post 465, Postie wrote:K. Here's where I'm at:

Town: H&H, TheCow, Davsto
Null, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out: BNL
Complete null: GL, Aristo, Flubber, lane

I have way too many null reads.
My gut still says town on Aristo but lilith made some good points.

I think I might have a gut townlean on Flubber now though, so idk anymore.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Postie »

In post 550, BNL wrote:
In post 535, Postie wrote:
In post 524, Halos and Horns wrote:Doesn't help that she's jumped on literally every single wagon that's gained any traction today, which is scummy as fuck,

I was leading those wagons
- I didn't jump on them at all! The wagons gained traction because of the people who followed me onto them.

You definitely didn't lead the Davsto wagon

Oh, yeah, you're right. It just seemed to have a lot of traction very suddenly and I didn't check the vote count. You and Aristo were already on it. My bad.

In post 553, Flubbernugget wrote:

aristo isn't a newbie

I wasn't a newbie in Newbie 1664 either.

In post 555, lane0168 wrote:Lol I just read Postie say they are leading all the wagons. And explicitly not jumping on wagons.

Its weird how she also thinks of herself as wagon hopping.

Thats all I have the energy to say today

What?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Postie »

In post 556, GuiltyLion wrote:Postie - why did you reverse your read from BNL scum to BNL town? Is it purely because of the speed of his wagon? Because I see all-town fast wagons happen all the time, especially when someone does something as scummy as BNL did.

That's the problem though; I think the argument people kept using for BNL being scum is complete bullshit and three of you are supporting it. I don't understand how that's possible.

In post 557, GuiltyLion wrote:If Postie is town here I wouldn't rule out scum!H&H

I guarantee you H&H is town this game.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 560, Postie wrote:I think the argument people kept using for BNL being scum is complete bullshit and three of you are supporting it. I don't understand how that's possible.

That's funny, because I think BNL's explanation is bullshit.

In post 473, BNL wrote:I thought the second half of the sentence was irrelevant to what I perceived to be a self-contradiction, so I snipped it.

In post 475, BNL wrote:I haven't been paying much attention to him this game, so I am currently null on him. I retract my scumpoint on him for the perceived self-contradiction, as I realised I failed to see the context of the quote.

first he thought the second half was irrelevant, now he says he failed to see the context.

At the
very least
he's not reading and not paying attention the game.
At worst he's caught scum trying to explain an egregious misrep.

Like in what world does town!BNL quote the whole part of that sentence, then think, "hmm, that part that looks like a joke is irrelevant, let me just intentionally snip that part so my point is clear"?

Regarding your H&H guarantee, I've seen scum!RC write up similar cases before. Not sure why you're townreading them so strongly.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 561, GuiltyLion wrote:At the
very least
he's not reading and not paying attention the game.

This is how I'm reading the situation. I'll take another look though.

In post 561, GuiltyLion wrote:Regarding your H&H guarantee, I've seen scum!RC write up similar cases before. Not sure why you're townreading them so strongly.

Reading that case, I'm even more confident in my read. I could explain why I'm so sure, but I don't know if I want to narrow their already slim chances of making it through N1. Since I probably have the cop on me tonight and scum know the results, I'm hoping I'll be killed instead and they can get their head in the game tomorrow.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Postie »

Oh my god I'm so sorry I take that guarantee back! I only just ran the numbers through my spreadsheet and the result was definitely not what I was expecting. If I'd have gotten a town result I would have considered them confirmed town, because I haven't ever gotten a town result on RC and had it be wrong, but the results are inconclusive as of yet. My calculations are technically giving me a Mafia result right now, but I consider them inconclusive because that's not at all uncommon for day 1. When I get a Mafia result, I only consider it conclusive from around day 3 onwards, and even then I have to check that certain NAI factors aren't inflating RC's "score".

Completely disregard my townread for the moment.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Lol what? Can you run my numbers?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Postie »

Sorry if that made no sense lol. I have a spreadsheet full of data on RC that I use to read him. He has certain things he always does as scum but barely ever as town.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Well let's see it. What are they?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Postie »

I'm not telling anyone what they are, for obvious reasons.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Well then it doesn't really mean shit to us now does it?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Postie »

Well, yeah, but if I die or you're townreading me or whatever it might be something to consider when/if I get more conclusive results.
Unfortunately, one of the NAI factors I was talking about that could inflate his score might have something to do with me being alive. But if I'm dead I can't tell you what results I'm getting with me out of the game, so... this is an awkward situation.
I need to figure out if I buy that RC's case on me is genuine or whether I think he's looking for an easy mislynch that he can chalk up to paranoia and get away with.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 561, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 473, BNL wrote:I thought the second half of the sentence was irrelevant to what I perceived to be a self-contradiction, so I snipped it.

In post 475, BNL wrote:I haven't been paying much attention to him this game, so I am currently null on him. I retract my scumpoint on him for the perceived self-contradiction, as I realised I failed to see the context of the quote.

first he thought the second half was irrelevant, now he says he failed to see the context.

No. 473 was me explaining why I snipped the quote
at the point which snipped the quote
, while 475 is
after I realised that what I had perceived to be a self-contradiction earlier was actually a joke
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 557, GuiltyLion wrote:BNL is still my primary scumread, and he dodged my question about Ari.
BNL, what is your read on Ari? And can you try to explain why it was null halfway into D1 when Ari had hit L-1 and was majorly scumread by a number of players

Are you referring to the question in #525? I didn't answer it because I thought it was a rhetorical question.

As for now, I'm still undecided on Ari. And the main reason I've not been paying much attention to Ari is because I was paying more attention elsewhere.
GTKAS - BNL

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Postie »

Great, now I'm scumreading H&H. :(

I feel like a lot of the things RC is pushing as reasons for me being scum are things he should know better than to scumread me for. Like the wagon hopping. Pretty much the only times I have not done this were as scum.

I'm also starting to feel like RC's paranoia of me is way overdone.
For example:
In post 93, Halos and Horns wrote:K can I pleas just direct the cop and can we please just have the cop check Postie N1?
I'm probably not really ready to play with her at this point and I'm getting way too stuck on the slot. I'm not going to be able to play this game in any real capacity unless I can just ignore trying to sort her.
Sorry for this given that I said that you probably wouldn't get cop checked with me in the game but I just can't really play this game right now any other way.

That's page 4. It seems a little early to declare yourself "stuck" and get so worked up.

Also, take a look at lilith's ISO from Wordsneak 1 (it won't let me link it properly, so you can have it in code tags):

Code: Select all

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7531279&user_select[]=26733#p7531279

She struggles a lot more with getting reads on people and making detailed, analytical posts, whereas here...
Ugh, just look at , , and .
And she doesn't prod and question people the way she did in Wordsneak 1; she always seems to have very ordered and organised thoughts and know exactly what she's doing every time she posts.

I just get this horrible feeling that RC is telling her what to write.

Arghhhh. I need some time to make sense of H&H's ISO.
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Post by Halos and Horns »

Sorry, we were supposed to talk about the game but we ended up talking about other stuff instead and she's gone to bed now but I'll make a little post.

She struggles a lot more with getting reads on people and making detailed, analytical posts, whereas here...
Ugh, just look at 121, 462, and 545.
And she doesn't prod and question people the way she did in Wordsneak 1; she always seems to have very ordered and organised thoughts and know exactly what she's doing every time she posts.

I mean this is a way to look at it, but keep in mind that in wordsneak 1 she was alone and this time around we've been talking about this game constantly on skype so I'd think that it would be obvious that her readposts that she puts in thread would be a lot more fleshed out and organized.

That's page 4. It seems a little early to declare yourself "stuck" and get so worked up.
For example:

I feel like you should know that me having issues dealing with your slot goes past paranoia.

I was not kidding when I said that I probably wasn't ready to play with you again, and I feel like you should at least somewhat understand the way I'm feeling here.

I feel like a lot of the things RC is pushing as reasons for me being scum are things he should know better than to scumread me for. Like the wagon hopping. Pretty much the only times I have not done this were as scum.

Yeah, but when you were scum on D1 you voteparked your partner and for the rest of the game you just followed me onto bandwagons.
I agree that you aggressively leading wagons is a change of pace from your play in 558, but I disagree strongly with your idea that I should treat 558 like your standard play.
It's not the vote hopping itself it's that the votes are poorly substantiated, your Aristo read is bonkers, and your positions seem opportunistic.

Well, yeah, but if I die or you're townreading me or whatever it might be something to consider when/if I get more conclusive results.
Unfortunately, one of the NAI factors I was talking about that could inflate his score might have something to do with me being alive. But if I'm dead I can't tell you what results I'm getting with me out of the game, so... this is an awkward situation.
I need to figure out if I buy that RC's case on me is genuine or whether I think he's looking for an easy mislynch that he can chalk up to paranoia and get away with.

Do you consider yourself an easy mislynch?

I don't think you are, and I think you particularly not an easy mislynch in this game where you are generally townread.

I'm not necessarily known for going after the safest targets as scum but I would absolutely not be targeting you as either a safe mislynch nor to avoid getting 'in trouble' for it.

In fact, you can guarantee that if I were scum I would do my best to keep you alive to endgame or maybe kill you before LyLo so I could get some measure of revenge for 558. Me and Lilith discussed that when we originally signed up for the game actually.

So, you are claiming to have some sort of spreadsheet that can fairly accurately determine my alignment.
How did you mix up the results on that and how did your entire read shift just because the results of your random spreadsheet
You were townreading me for the contrast between the BBT read in the newbie and my read on you here; what's changed about that?

At the very least, you must agree that your read change on our slot looks sketchy as fuck.

I mean I'm somewhat believing that such a thing would exist since you started talking about it before this game but your read progression on our slot doesn't make sense.

(and seriously? you've never even played with scum!RC before; if it weren't for the fact that I'd probably do BBT style for you if i played with you more I'd find that somewhat creepy)
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 573, Halos and Horns wrote:Sorry, we were supposed to talk about the game but we ended up talking about other stuff instead and she's gone to bed now but I'll make a little post.

Ugh, just look at 121, 462, and 545.

I mean this is a way to look at it, but keep in mind that in wordsneak 1 she was alone and this time around we've been talking about this game constantly on skype so I'd think that it would be obvious that her readposts that she puts in thread would be a lot more fleshed out and organized.

That's true. I can maybe see it. Idk. The difference threw me.

In post 573, Halos and Horns wrote:

For example:

I feel like you should know that me having issues dealing with your slot goes past paranoia.

I was not kidding when I said that I probably wasn't ready to play with you again, and I feel like you should at least somewhat understand the way I'm feeling here.

Ah, sorry, maybe I underestimated how much trouble you'd have with me this game.

Yeah, but when you were scum on D1 you voteparked your partner and for the rest of the game you just followed me onto bandwagons.
I agree that you aggressively leading wagons is a change of pace from your play in 558, but I disagree strongly with your idea that I should treat 558 like your standard play.
It's not the vote hopping itself it's that the votes are poorly substantiated, your Aristo read is bonkers, and your positions seem opportunistic.

That makes more sense.

Do you consider yourself an easy mislynch?

I don't think you are, and I think you particularly not an easy mislynch in this game where you are generally townread.

I'm not necessarily known for going after the safest targets as scum but I would absolutely not be targeting you as either a safe mislynch nor to avoid getting 'in trouble' for it.

Perhaps not, but the way you were pushing the Aristo/me-scumteam thing, it kinda felt like you were at least setting me up to be the lynch tomorrow, especially since you've considered both the possibility of me and Aristo being partners and me setting up fake associatives with Aristo. It's like no matter what Aristo flips as, you'll still want me lynched.
Plus, tunneling me D1 gives you an excuse not to look for scum elsewhere and is just generally really distracting for town.

In post 573, Halos and Horns wrote:So, you are claiming to have some sort of spreadsheet that can fairly accurately determine my alignment.
How did you mix up the results on that and how did your entire read shift just because the results of your random spreadsheet

I didn't mix up the results; I never checked in the first place. I just sort-of assumed you were town for various reasons and assumed my spreadsheet would give me a town result, and then when it didn't, I started getting paranoid and seeing everything as scummy. But like I said, it isn't even remotely reliable on day 1 and the results are basically worthless at this point.

In post 573, Halos and Horns wrote:You were townreading me for the contrast between the BBT read in the newbie and my read on you here; what's changed about that?

It was mainly gut and I do think I need to revisit that. I still think there's a difference.

In post 573, Halos and Horns wrote:(and seriously? you've never even played with scum!RC before; if it weren't for the fact that I'd probably do BBT style for you if i played with you more I'd find that somewhat creepy)

The spreadsheet? I mean, I never set out to look for tells or make one on them; I just noticed a pattern while metadiving you in another game, wondered if it applied to other games too, realised I needed to write stuff down, and then... bam! I'm really, really, sorry if it comes across as creepy. :(

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”