Micro 576 - Word Sneak Mafia 2: Even Sneakier! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Postie »

In post 749, GuiltyLion wrote:You have no strong scumreads so you're going to sheep H&H on me?

Pretty much, but not quite.
In post 746, Postie wrote:Also, I think in a lot of places GL's case on BNL is trying to apply to general principles about what's scummy to BNL without considering him on an individual level. It feels fake.

In post 749, GuiltyLion wrote:What makes you think BNL is town?

I don't. He's null now. The content I've seen from him has been underwhelming, but not scummy, as far as I'm concerned.

In post 749, GuiltyLion wrote:What do you think of BNL completely ignoring my questions towards him,

Or maybe he just missed them?

In post 749, GuiltyLion wrote:or H&H getting the context of the game completely wrong in accusing me of not pushing against the Aristophanes wagon?

Do you have reason to believe it was done purposely?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 750, Postie wrote:Or maybe he just missed them?

Lol no he didn't, he EXPLICITLY said he saw it:
In post 706, BNL wrote:
In post 705, GuiltyLion wrote:Like why are you answering my question just to give a non-answer?
I wanted to acknowledge that I have read your question but don't have a response yet.

remember in Word Sneak Mafia 1 when you were all "every time I've seen someone ignore a question multiple times they have been scum"? What happened to that here?

In post 750, Postie wrote:
In post 749, GuiltyLion wrote:or H&H getting the context of the game completely wrong in accusing me of not pushing against the Aristophanes wagon?

Do you have reason to believe it was done purposely?

I don't, actually. That's why I wanted your thoughts on it. I'm not sure that I believe scum!H&H would make such a careless mistake or also go this hard balls-to-the-wall defending a scumbuddy and strongarming the lynch onto me instead. You're rapidly becoming my new pick for most likely scumbuddy.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Postie »

In post 751, GuiltyLion wrote:
Lol no he didn't, he EXPLICITLY said he saw it:
In post 706, BNL wrote:
In post 705, GuiltyLion wrote:Like why are you answering my question just to give a non-answer?
I wanted to acknowledge that I have read your question but don't have a response yet.

remember in Word Sneak Mafia 1 when you were all "every time I've seen someone ignore a question multiple times they have been scum"? What happened to that here?

Oh, right. I haven't been following the game as closely as I should.

It seems he also said the following before saying the thing you quoted:
In post 704, BNL wrote:
In post 698, GuiltyLion wrote:BNL what do you think of H&H suggesting that you're a newbie, or at least playing like one?

My immediate response (answer off the top of my head) is I don't know. Do you want me to think through this more?

So I'm not sure you can really say he was
ignoring
your question.
What response were you looking for? It doesn't seem like a question that's particularly easy to come up with an answer for.

In post 751, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not sure that I believe scum!H&H would make such a careless mistake or also go this hard balls-to-the-wall defending a scumbuddy and strongarming the lynch onto me instead.

Pretty much my thoughts.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 752, Postie wrote:What response were you looking for? It doesn't seem like a question that's particularly easy to come up with an answer for.

I don't generally ask questions with a response I'm looking for in mind, I ask them and then see what happens. Especially if I think the answer might be useful later in the game after flips.

But I really don't think it should be hard for a townie to:
1. say if they agree or not whether they're playing like a newbie
2. give an assessment (or a first take, or even scattered thoughts) about whether another player calling them a newbie feels genuine

Like if someone defended you by calling you a newbie, would your first take be "I don't know what I think of that"? And then follow it up with nothing else, even when patiently prompted ()?

The fact that he's stonewalling me over this skeeves me out. I don't see why he would fear anything from answering that question, unless BNL always plays as if he wants to have carefully vetted and firmly decided on everything he believes before posting. But already basically showed that's not always his playstyle. I think he's just dodging it and hoping it goes away, or even possibly trying to plant a false associative between him and H&H.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also just found this:

In post 360, Postie wrote:But for srs this BNL wagon needs to happpen.

why did you say this and then get all "omg scum must be on his wagon" when the wagon did happen?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Postie »

In post 753, GuiltyLion wrote:But I really don't think it should be hard for a townie to:
1. say if they agree or not whether they're playing like a newbie
2. give an assessment (or a first take, or even scattered thoughts) about whether another player calling them a newbie feels genuine

You didn't ask him to do those things though. Your question was pretty vague.

In post 753, GuiltyLion wrote:Like if someone defended you by calling you a newbie, would your first take be "I don't know what I think of that"? And then follow it up with nothing else, even when patiently prompted ()?

Actually, yeah, I probably would, because being called a newbie when you're not a newbie seems like something that shouldn't generally be alignment indicative, and doesn't look to be in the context, so it's really hard to come up with a response other than *wiggly hand gesture*.

In post 753, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't see why he would fear anything from answering that question,

What gives you the impression he fears answering the question?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Postie »

In post 754, GuiltyLion wrote:also just found this:

In post 360, Postie wrote:But for srs this BNL wagon needs to happpen.

why did you say this and then get all "omg scum must be on his wagon" when the wagon did happen?

In post 461, Postie wrote:Actually the amount of support for the BNL lynch is concerning. I think every single person except H&H, TheCow, and Flubber has pushed the wagon. I'm townreading H&H and TheCow, so that leaves BNL/Flubber as the only likely scumteam if BNL is scum - but then, why not lynch Flubber since he's going to be harder to read?

UNVOTE:

In post 463, Postie wrote:
In post 456, BNL wrote:my reason for lower than usual activity is because I'm more busy with life than before).

And this does look to be a site-wide thing as well.

In post 494, Postie wrote:
In post 469, lane0168 wrote:Postie, why do you get off every wagon that gets momentum?

Because either the person reacts to the pressure in a town way (Davsto) or the momentum gained feels unnatural and people are giving stupid reasons for getting on the wagon (BNL).
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 755, Postie wrote:
You didn't ask him to do those things though. Your question was pretty vague.

the first question was vague, to see what he'd do with it. The second clarification was not:
In post 705, GuiltyLion wrote:I'd like you to engage in the game in a way that would show your thought process and have a chance of convincing me that I'm wrong if you're actually town, yes. Like why are you answering my question just to give a non-answer?
Do you feel your play has been newbie this game, and does it feel reasonable to you that H&H is calling it that?

In post 755, Postie wrote:Actually, yeah, I probably would, because being called a newbie when you're not a newbie seems like something that shouldn't generally be alignment indicative, and doesn't look to be in the context, so it's really hard to come up with a response other than *wiggly hand gesture*.

Meh, chalk that one up to playstyle difference then. I think I'd take offense to someone calling me a newbie and I'd also wonder why they're townreading me on the basis of that alone. But even this answer is more than what I've gotten out of BNL.

In post 755, Postie wrote:What gives you the impression he fears answering the question?

The fact that he's not answering it! Town has no reason to ignore questions. Sometimes I see them get militant about it ('that's a stupid question, i have no interest in answering it'), but even that is in a way more of a response than "I don't know. Do you want me to think about it?". Like what is that? Showing people that you're genuinely thinking about things is the key to showing them that you're town.

In post 494, Postie wrote:
Because either the person reacts to the pressure in a town way (Davsto) or the momentum gained feels unnatural and people are giving stupid reasons for getting on the wagon (BNL).

This is the part I do not like nor understand. Again, do you remember Newbie 1664? Why does this wagon feel unnatural, and what were the stupid reasons for getting on?

BNL did something incredibly scummy and has generally been a non-presence this game. He's not vibing town in anything that he does. Votes on him were never stupid.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:58 am

Post by lane0168 »

Jeez I hope we get some activity from other people and actually can get a lynch tomorrow!
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VC 1.15
VoteCount 1.15

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Unremacadamized
[adj][/b]

"Having not been repaved with macadam."

[0]
Halos and Horns -

[3]
BulletNLynchproof -
GuiltyLion, lane0168, Flubbernugget
[0]
TheCow -

[0]
Postie -

[0]
Davsto -

[3]
GuiltyLion -
BulletNLynchproof, Halos and Horns, Postie
[1]
Aristophanes -
TheCow
[0]
Flubbernugget -

[1]
lane0168 -
Davsto

Not Voting
-
Aristophanes

Mod Notes:

Replacing The Cow :cry:
Deadline is tomorrow at 10pm. Keep that in mind folks!

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2016-02-17 23:00:32)
Last edited by Aeronaut on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm at the point where I need a flip to get back into the game. I'll admit I stopped trying for a bit here.

I'll ISO BLP and GL and make a vote so we don't NL.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Davsto »

Wait why is there a GuiltyLion wagon?

Endorsing BNL

VOTE: BnL
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

^ L-1
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 760, Aristophanes wrote:I'm at the point where I need a flip to get back into the game. I'll admit I stopped trying for a bit here.

I'll ISO BLP and GL and make a vote so we don't NL.

Samesies. It happens when people feel like that have to take the full 2 weeks just cause they can
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by BNL »

Claim: VT
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 764, BNL wrote:
Claim: VT
H&H
Is this town as well or what?
Thoughts?
- Jingle
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't like how he
still
didn't answer my question or provide any new content/reads

as far as potentially-last-posts go, it's extremely anti-town. Again, compare to Slavic Music Mafia where he was still giving updated reads at L-1 and trying to give town a solid plan of action if he was lynched

he caught scum with it too

pretty convinced he's scum at this point and even if he's somehow not, scum won't NK him regardless
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Havwn't read back yet.
I still dislike this whole misrep vote snip shit.

Intent

I'm going out for a few hours. I'll hammer when I get home unless I see a reason not to.
- Jingle
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 766, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't like how he
still
didn't answer my question or provide any new content/reads

as far as potentially-last-posts go, it's extremely anti-town. Again, compare to Slavic Music Mafia where he was still giving updated reads at L-1 and trying to give town a solid plan of action if he was lynched

he caught scum with it too

pretty convinced he's scum at this point and even if he's somehow not, scum won't NK him regardless

My life has been more busy than last time so I can't focus on the game as much as last time
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by BNL »

seeing how GL is so tunneled onto me I wanted to call him scum, but really my play was very bad this game
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by BNL »

final thoughts

Davsto extensively prodging is scum meta, and he hasn't updated is reads?
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by BNL »

but I have enough of GL attacking me and I want to replace out, but at this point I might as well self hammer
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by BNL »

Dave GL scum
postie lane h&h flub town
cow ari null
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by BNL »

I pretty much gave up on this game
sorry for bad play this game
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by BNL »

oh, and I had 6 completed games. Five on my wiki, last is Molla grand idea. I think I'm still sort of newb here
GTKAS - BNL

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”