Micro 576 - Word Sneak Mafia 2: Even Sneakier! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 921, GuiltyLion wrote:Also how am I not arguing for what I believe in? What does that even mean?

Everything you say is "could", "I guess", "I bet" except your confidence in your own lynch.
In post 924, GuiltyLion wrote:S_S, do you think and everything that followed in twilight is fake?

Do you think it's genuine?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Obviously I do given what I've posted in the thread. Why didn't you just answer me?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:35 pm

I don't think it feels genuine at all. Feels like he's trying too hard to act like he didn't know BNL's alignment.
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Halos and Horns »

GL: were you ever townreading Postie? What makes Ari obvtown to you? Can you explain why you keep saying that one of us&Postie is scum and the other town?
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 pm

In post 897, Flubbernugget wrote:Gl having his lynch sealed is very Ew. Is it even possible to scum hunt off your own guaranteed lynch wagon?

How do you feel about GL himself?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Postie »

In post 910, GuiltyLion wrote:So then how were you saying my way of sorting him was wrong?

I mean, the conclusion I reached was obviously wrong. But you were criticizing me scumreading him without having a better alternative in mind yourself. Feels like it could be WK-ing.

I'm not saying your way of sorting him was wrong. My scumread on you has never been about the
way
you sorted him. It's the reasons you gave for scumreading him that I have a problem with.
Although I'm not sure I'm following your logic here either - "a scummy way of sorting someone is less scummy than not sorting them"? What?

In post 912, Halos and Horns wrote:I agree with a lot of what you've said about the BnL thing, but the fundamental thing with GL is that I feel like he was doing it in a really storytelling manner; he was describing everything that went through with a clear BnL scum agenda and it felt really disingenuous and strongarmy. GL doesn't usually talk like that either.

I wasn't sure what you meant by this earlier, but I think I see it now. Yeah. I don't remember him talking that way in previous games.

In post 912, Halos and Horns wrote:But definitely want to hear more from you Postie.

Is there anything in particular you want me to weigh in on?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 898, GuiltyLion wrote:not totally sure what you're saying here. Like my thinking my lynch is sealed is ew or the fact that it feels like I am thread consensus lynch today is ew?

I don't like that you're saying you are going to scum hunt off your wagon knowing you have a high probability of being the lynch. It gives scum too much room to manipulate the wagon
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:48 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 929, Halos and Horns wrote:
In post 897, Flubbernugget wrote:Gl having his lynch sealed is very Ew. Is it even possible to scum hunt off your own guaranteed lynch wagon?

How do you feel about GL himself?

Nothing pings me either way. All the reads on him are "he feels off" which really isn't doing it for me
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: aristo
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 933, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: aristo
Hurray! I'm a wagon again!!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:00 am

In post 930, Postie wrote:
In post 910, GuiltyLion wrote:So then how were you saying my way of sorting him was wrong?

I mean, the conclusion I reached was obviously wrong. But you were criticizing me scumreading him without having a better alternative in mind yourself. Feels like it could be WK-ing.

I'm not saying your way of sorting him was wrong. My scumread on you has never been about the
way
you sorted him. It's the reasons you gave for scumreading him that I have a problem with.
Although I'm not sure I'm following your logic here either - "a scummy way of sorting someone is less scummy than not sorting them"? What?

In post 912, Halos and Horns wrote:I agree with a lot of what you've said about the BnL thing, but the fundamental thing with GL is that I feel like he was doing it in a really storytelling manner; he was describing everything that went through with a clear BnL scum agenda and it felt really disingenuous and strongarmy. GL doesn't usually talk like that either.

I wasn't sure what you meant by this earlier, but I think I see it now. Yeah. I don't remember him talking that way in previous games.

In post 912, Halos and Horns wrote:But definitely want to hear more from you Postie.

Is there anything in particular you want me to weigh in on?

Well, everything.

And I'd like to hear more from you about your positions on other people if you can find the time.

I'm pretty comfortable lynching GL so I'm not overly concerned about my reads on other people at this time but if you need clarification on something ask away.
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:04 am

And no, GL, There were 3 people pushing your wagon yesterday and 2 are alive.
SS is the only one who has been added to the wagon at this time and you're saying that you're townreading him.
There's no particular reason for you to suspect that there has to be scum on your wagon. It doesn't make sense and feels like posturing to mislead town after your flip.

Aristo, why the hammer as well?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Halos and Horns wrote:
Aristo, why the hammer as well?
In post 886, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 882, GuiltyLion wrote:
Ari - why'd you switch to hammer BNL instead of keeping your vote on me?
I knew where SS was going to vote, weighed the options in my head, and got bitter about the post snip again.

It wasn't good logic, but it happened.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Aeronaut »

General PSA: All word lists have been sent out! To make it a bit more fair since I was late sending those out, I'm going to extend the DL by a day. Enjoy!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VC 2.1
VoteCount 2.1

With 7 alive (but 8 votes in play) it takes 5 to lynch!

Bloviate
VOTE: [/b]

"To speak pompously or brag."

[0]
Halos and Horns -

[0]
Something_Smart -

[0]
Postie -

[2]
GuiltyLion -
Halos and Horns, Postie
[2]
Aristophanes -
Something_Smart, Flubbernugget
[0]
Flubbernugget -

[0]
lane0168 -

Not Voting
-
Aristophanes, GuiltyLion, lane0168

Mod Notes:

Take note that it is indeed still 5 votes for a majority, not 4.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2016-03-06 12:30:32)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:15 am

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
(Aero I hate you :P)
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and seeeeeeeee
Aristo what do you think of GL?
H&H what do you think of Aristo?
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:19 am

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy..
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, a little low
Any way the wind blows... doesn't really matter..... to me
To meeee

I didn't like the hammer because I still do not understand why everyone was scumreading BNL for the snip thing. But I'm not sure whether I think he's scum because I would have expected a cop claim? Although I guess it could have been a WIFOM thing because he'd know he'd be found out the next day?
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:19 am

-Horns
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 941, Halos and Horns wrote:I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy..
To meeee

I didn't like the hammer because I still do not understand why everyone was scumreading BNL for the snip thing. But I'm not sure whether I think he's scum because I would have expected a cop claim? Although I guess it could have been a WIFOM thing because he'd know he'd be found out the next day?

I unvoted for the same reasons as you, but rereading, I don't get the sense Ari didn't even think of that, and am leaning back towards scum.

This day is weird. I don't get major town or scum vibes from anyone. Everyones cases feel like the same old thing. The end of yesterday drug on and on. I want my blitz games back. When bnl flipped I figured I'd go back and read into davsto.

And, idk, I get this gut feeling rc is scum playing safe around me. (I know I know, you don't give a fuck about be and aren't afraid of me catching you but you just seem... Subdued and it's freaking me out lol)
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:33 pm

In post 943, lane0168 wrote:
In post 941, Halos and Horns wrote:I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy..
To meeee

I unvoted for the same reasons as you, but rereading, I don't get the sense Ari didn't even think of that, and am leaning back towards scum.

This day is weird. I don't get major town or scum vibes from anyone. Everyones cases feel like the same old thing. The end of yesterday drug on and on. I want my blitz games back. When bnl flipped I figured I'd go back and read into davsto.

And, idk, I get this gut feeling rc is scum playing safe around me. (I know I know, you don't give a fuck about be and aren't afraid of me catching you but you just seem... Subdued and it's freaking me out lol)

That quote was Lilith :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:27 am

@H&H: Isn't it clear why everyone was scumreading BNL for the snip thing? Due to the efforts of lane and Aristo, who both tried to paint it as super scummy. I still think lane is town, but I hate the way Aristo originally responded to the snip with only "you missed my joke" and only after lane called it scum he said "well actually yeah it is scummy".
@Lane: What do you think about Aristo and the hammer?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 928, Halos and Horns wrote:GL: were you ever townreading Postie? What makes Ari obvtown to you? Can you explain why you keep saying that one of us&Postie is scum and the other town?

I was thinking Postie was town early on in the game when she was aggressively moving from person to person. But then the way she was scumreading me via sheeping you, while not really interacting with me herself unless I pushed her, felt scummy - like she was disengaging from the game and just jumping on a convenient wagon. However, she's been pretty straightforward in answering all of my questions which is starting to make me think town again - although I'm not sure yet that she sounds like she genuinely thinks I'm scum when she talks to me.

Ari is obvtown to me through his casual tone. I don't get the sense that he's hiding or faking anything - I know people have been saying his posts feel extremely forced but I feel almost exactly the opposite, he's just having a laugh and spilling his thoughts out in thread. Especially things like his twilight posting, I just see no reason for scum to go through the effort to fake all of that and I feel that when you're scum you're under a lot of pressure to make sure each post is clean/perfect and he clearly hasn't been bothering to do that.

It's because I'm town and I had a substantial wagon, so I assume there's probably scum on it. I also doubt that both scum were on the same major D1 wagon at the end of the day. I recognize that's not something I can convince people of through objective thread-based discussion, but I don't feel I did anything that should warrant the amount of scumreads on me D1. I'll have to re-evaluate you and Postie as D2 goes on, but I felt this especially strongly during D1 when I thought BNL was scum and that I was the scum-motivated counterwagon and I guess that feeling hasn't gone away yet. If I'm wrong I'll probably be looking the group of S_S/lane/Flubber for two scums
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

way

The thing is that only town has to sort people. I've never understood how a townie can feel comfortable lynching someone when they're still entirely null on another independent player, but I've seen it enough times from town that it's unfortunately largely NAI.

Also this seems to be a contradiction from what you said earlier. You said my reasons made sense but felt fake. Now you're saying my reasons were the problem. Can you try to elaborate?

Ugh I'm so
so
sick of this crap, it's showing up in all of my games. What,
specifically
, is tangibly different about my play this game than "previous games"?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 943, lane0168 wrote:The end of yesterday drug on and on. I want my blitz games back.

I miss the blitz queue as well :(
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 931, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't like that you're saying you are going to scum hunt off your wagon knowing you have a high probability of being the lynch. It gives scum too much room to manipulate the wagon

Which scum would be "manipulating the wagon" - me and my partner or two separate ones?

This sounds like you know I'm town and you're just criticizing me for saying something unhelpful.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”