Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Okay valid except this is a newbie game and unless I'm seriously getting taken for a ride here I don't think Kain is going for that level of play. If I'm wrong and I'm severely underestimating the guy then damn I friggin' suck & the fool is me but like.... nah.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Clumsy »

My last game (newbie, my first game) I talked a lot and put myself out there when I wanted to lay low. I made a lot of points and put a target on my back by being so active. I was almost universally townread and won the game as scum. Don't underestimate newbies, could come back to bite you.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Ok ok sure but my point about his scumread on me being a towntell stands. Ya don't gotta agree with it but I maintain the read.

Altogether I'm pretty disappointed with Ice's return. My gut tells me he's scum but I'd want way more from him.

Hey Clumsy, vote Bitten with me, yeah?
species
species
Goon
species
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by species »

Nahdia, do you still think I'm scum and if so, why jump off my wagon the moment it starts gaining momentum?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Meh. My initial vote on you was a nudge to start fleshing out your reads, and while I kept the pressure up awhile I liked post enough that when someone else started actually reading strongly as scum to me I was more than willing to switch.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I screwed up the post link or whatever because I'm bad and don't understand formatting here at all but whatever, post 143 blah blah blah. you kind of put me in my place wrt my pressuring you so props to ya.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i gotta crash and have work until late in the evening tomorrow. it'd be hella rad if when check up tomorrow evening there is a nice respectable bandwagon on Bitten10minutesago, the mafia man, man.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:35 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Thank you Drixx! After you made your hips post I remembered that I asked kain about his mafia experience.

Kain can you link me to your previous games or are you completely new to the game?
Speed don't lie.
CC
species
species
Goon
species
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:58 am

Post by species »

He mentioned playing ToS I think

In post 176, Clumsy wrote:My last game (newbie, my first game) I talked a lot and put myself out there when I wanted to lay low. I made a lot of points and put a target on my back by being so active. I was almost universally townread and won the game as scum. Don't underestimate newbies, could come back to bite you.

Phantom, you were in this game right? What do you think abt Clumsy in this game vs what you know re his scum play?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm not even sure it is possible to get a real read on kain.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Clumsy »

I think PC had the best read on me in that game. XD

Nahdia, why are you asking me to vote with you?

Dwlee, I kinda agree. Seems like they would play the same way as town or scum. If they're scum, we'll have to catch them on something.
Bitten10minutesago
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Bitten10minutesago »

In post 185, Clumsy wrote:I think PC had the best read on me in that game. XD

Dwlee, I kinda agree. Seems like they would play the same way as town or scum. If they're scum, we'll have to catch them on something.

Nahdia is asking you to vote with her because she's getting pissy about me voting her.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Clumsy »

I think it was more to gauge my reaction. Which, if so, you can jot down as skeptical.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 186, Bitten10minutesago wrote:

Nahdia is asking you to vote with her because she's getting pissy about me voting her.

You might be biased a bit there. I'm tempted to vote you and put some pressure on and see how you react. For now I think I'll just say this: it's dangerous to automatically assume the worst motives for what people you are voting/scum reading do in the game. That leads to confirmation bias, and confirmation bias is how towns implode all the time.

I don't see any reason from an external POV to just assume Nahdia is motivated by "getting pissy". Take that for what it's worth: just a quick neutral POV.

I'm kind of stream of consciousness posting here, so I'll just say that when I started typing this post I wanted to pressure you to see if you were confbiasing or if it was a calculated move on your part, but then I decided that maybe conversation will sort it. I guess we'll see.

Sorry if that's a bit muddled; NyQuil is some crazy stuff. I think there's a reason they show a guy in his pajamas taking NyQuil while sitting on his bed. If you take that stuff in your kitchen, you're going to wake up with a tile imprint on your face.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Ice³
Ice³
Townie
Ice³
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Ice³ »

In post 177, Nahdia wrote:Ok ok sure but my point about his scumread on me being a towntell stands. Ya don't gotta agree with it but I maintain the read.

Altogether I'm pretty disappointed with Ice's return. My gut tells me he's scum but I'd want way more from him.

I've posted 5 times and made my case against someone who hasn't scumhunted once and has been vote hopping and that makes me scum?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[2] KainTepes ~ species (#13), Ice³ (#164)
[2] Nahdia ~ Drixx (#9), Bitten10minutesago (#141)
[2] species ~ PhantomCobalt (#145), KainTepes (#160)
[1] Bitten10minutesago ~ Nahdia (#161)
[1] Clumsy ~ Dwlee99 (#84)
[1] Dwlee99 ~ Clumsy (#32)

[0] Not Voting ~

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-03-05 19:30:00).
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Wowee no one followed my vote :(

In post 185, Clumsy wrote:Nahdia, why are you asking me to vote with you?

In post 187, Clumsy wrote:I think it was more to gauge my reaction. Which, if so, you can jot down as skeptical.
Actually, I'm asking you to vote with me because I'm voting mafia, and I'd like it if you'd join me.

In post 188, Drixx wrote:]
In post 186, Bitten10minutesago wrote:

You might be biased a bit there. I'm tempted to vote you and put some pressure on and see how you react. For now I think I'll just say this: it's dangerous to automatically assume the worst motives for what people you are voting/scum reading do in the game. That leads to confirmation bias, and confirmation bias is how towns implode all the time.

I don't see any reason from an external POV to just assume Nahdia is motivated by "getting pissy". Take that for what it's worth: just a quick neutral POV.

I'm kind of stream of consciousness posting here, so I'll just say that when I started typing this post I wanted to pressure you to see if you were confbiasing or if it was a calculated move on your part, but then I decided that maybe conversation will sort it. I guess we'll see.

Sorry if that's a bit muddled; NyQuil is some crazy stuff. I think there's a reason they show a guy in his pajamas taking NyQuil while sitting on his bed. If you take that stuff in your kitchen, you're going to wake up with a tile imprint on your face.
On the other hand, I totally think you should actually vote him. Do it. I'll be your best friend et cetera.
In post 189, Ice³ wrote:
In post 177, Nahdia wrote:Ok ok sure but my point about his scumread on me being a towntell stands. Ya don't gotta agree with it but I maintain the read.

I've posted 5 times and made my case against someone who hasn't scumhunted once and has been vote hopping and that makes me scum?
I think saying "I can't read Kain" is totally valid but scumreading him at this point is weird to me and that along with a gut feeling I had just reading your posts makes me suspicious af. Don't worry though, you can redeem in my eyes yourself by voting Bitten10minutesago.
Bitten10minutesago
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Nahdia you can scum read me incorrectly all you want, but please at least use my correct pronouns. I'm asking this OOC or whatever like this is separate from whatever beef you've got with me in game just please respect my pronouns.

And Drixx, I see your point. Tbh I was probably getting more pissy than she was. Definitely be careful with that NyQuil too, I have it in gel tablet form so it doesn't hit right away and last night I made the mistake of taking it and then taking a shower, and about halfway through I realized I had just shaved the same leg three times. So that was fun.

I don't know if I have anything super constructive to add right now. I'll re-read and check back when I can. Currently at work so I'll be off and on as I can be
Bitten10minutesago
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Actually, okay. I am actually starting to question my scum read on Nahdia, because if she were really scum she would know that I'm going to flip town, and that she'd look crazy suspicious the next day.
Like my play has been pretty shitty, but I don't think it's been shitty enough to warrant the crusade she's leading on me right now. So if she gets all of you to vote me, and then I flip town, tomorrow is going to come and she's not going to be able to justify beyond a couple of moderately shitty posts why she was so insistent that you all vote me. And she could try to pull the "genuine newb mistake" card, but would you all buy that?
Nahdia I know you're new to MS, but have you played this game or similar games at all in other forums?
Right now I don't think Nahdia is scum. I think she's a seriously misguided newbie, and I just hope that's not what she's trying to make me think. But this-

In post 175, Nahdia wrote:Okay valid except this is a newbie game and unless I'm seriously getting taken for a ride here I don't think Kain is going for that level of play. If I'm wrong and I'm severely underestimating the guy then damn I friggin' suck & the fool is me but like.... nah.

Kind of makes me think that she's maybe underestimating the level of play in the game.

It kills me to do this while she's literally trying to send me to the electric chair, but
UNVOTE: Nahdia

and I'm back to the drawing board.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

That was a well reasoned post Bitten. Are you new to mafia in general, or just this site? I've lost count of the number of times I've seen that kind of situation escalate, and you pretty quickly made a logical choice to avoid confbias and reassess. That's a pretty pro move, imo.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Frick frick frick I'm really sorry about the pronoun thing I always screw that stuff up I'll try my best to avoid that. Please do call me out if I keep making that mistake, I really don't wanna keep doing that T_T

And uh, hate to tell ya when you're giving me slack for supposedly being fresh but I'm no hustler. I have a few thousand games of ruby mafia (EpicMafia) under my belt. Forum mafia wise I think I have like three games. Five if you count a game where the mod just closed the game at the beginning of d2 because half the table requested replacements and a game where a person got modkilled and then outted the entire scumteam on d1. All those games were really fast paced compared to this (36 hour days, 12 hour nights). To be fair of those forum maf games I only flipped town a grand total of once but I'm certainly not trying to pull the newb card at any rate.

I don't really like gettin' told I'm "misguided" or underestimating things here but... guh I don't really have a good response to that. I come from a meta that encourages aggressive play. Games last 30 minutes; you see someone do something you feel is stepping out of line, ya punish them hard and ya punish them fast. Forgive me if I need some adjusting. I promise not to WILLFULLY induce tunnel vision as I sometimes do...

PEdit: Drixx, other than digging Bitten's recent post just for de-escalating, how do you feel about it in terms of towniness/scumminess? I'm lookin' for your opinion since you've just been mentioning the dangers of confirmation bias and maybe I can't help but see it negatively. I still feel that last post was just sort of an appeasement since suddenly the heat got turned on, ie it was defensive in nature which I believe tends to indicate scum.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

It could be scum backing down or genuine self awareness. Future posts will help me figure out which. Taking notes helps with the longer form game that has developed here with the longer days. You WILL want to have a good idea of what you want to remember about people when it's day three and a month has gone by.
Bitten10minutesago
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:07 pm

In post 195, Nahdia wrote:Frick frick frick I'm really sorry about the pronoun thing I always screw that stuff up I'll try my best to avoid that. Please do call me out if I keep making that mistake, I really don't wanna keep doing that T_T

And uh, hate to tell ya when you're giving me slack for supposedly being fresh but I'm no hustler. I have a few thousand games of ruby mafia (EpicMafia) under my belt. Forum mafia wise I think I have like three games. Five if you count a game where the mod just closed the game at the beginning of d2 because half the table requested replacements and a game where a person got modkilled and then outted the entire scumteam on d1. All those games were really fast paced compared to this (36 hour days, 12 hour nights). To be fair of those forum maf games I only flipped town a grand total of once but I'm certainly not trying to pull the newb card at any rate.

I don't really like gettin' told I'm "misguided" or underestimating things here but... guh I don't really have a good response to that. I come from a meta that encourages aggressive play. Games last 30 minutes; you see someone do something you feel is stepping out of line, ya punish them hard and ya punish them fast. Forgive me if I need some adjusting. I promise not to WILLFULLY induce tunnel vision as I sometimes do...

PEdit: Drixx, other than digging Bitten's recent post just for de-escalating, how do you feel about it in terms of towniness/scumminess? I'm lookin' for your opinion since you've just been mentioning the dangers of confirmation bias and maybe I can't help but see it negatively. I still feel that last post was just sort of an appeasement since suddenly the heat got turned on, ie it was defensive in nature which I believe tends to indicate scum.

Okay, context helps a lot here. I've played a handful of games hosted on Tumblr, but they were pretty much like MafiaLite. Lots of fluff posts and mafia won nearly every game because no one really played aggressively and if they did they were pretty much autolynched. So I guess my natural reaction to aggressive posts is to assume scum.

The backtracking here was genuine, though I'm going to watch my back now knowing your experience level. But I do still think leading a crusade like that would be a poor scum move on your part. I almost wish others had joined you now though, because I'd be looking at anyone who didn't a little harder. But I mean, that's everyone right now.
Bitten10minutesago
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Bitten10minutesago
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:43 pm

In post 194, Drixx wrote:That was a well reasoned post Bitten. Are you new to mafia in general, or just this site? I've lost count of the number of times I've seen that kind of situation escalate, and you pretty quickly made a logical choice to avoid confbias and reassess. That's a pretty pro move, imo.

Thanks, I'm just new to this site :)

My first experience playing mafia online was actually from way back when "TeenNick" used to be "The N", and they had a kind of cool multiplayer flash version. The only problem was it was always so popular that their servers would overload and it was nearly impossible to join a game. I think I played all of like three times before I got sick of waiting in the queue forever haha.

More recently I've played some themed games over on Tumblr.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Nahdia »

So uh... what up, guys? Is everyone busy or is it just no one has anything to say?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”