Mini 1773 : Symphonic Metal Mafia (Game Over?!)

a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

I'd actually never heard about symphonic metal before signing up. I like Nightwish.

In post 64, Killthestory wrote:Post #19 and #21 is scum aligned. Discuss.

Nah. Neither seem alignment indicative to me.

I don't like that Jeanne and Maestro "claimed" VT, even in a for-the-lulz kind of way. That strikes me as something scum would have a slightly higher chance of doing than town.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

@Dierfire

What's behind your Wisdom vote? When I look at his posts, I see someone whose voting exhibits commendable discernment.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Goth metal stars Within Temptation marry the guitar driven force of hard rock with the seep and grandeur of symphonic music , and the result have made them one of the most popular bands ever in the Netherlands. Withing Temptation were formed in 1996 by guitarist Robert Westerholt and vocalist Sharon den Adel , who are partners on stage and off. Withing Temptation's early material caught the attention of the dutch label DSFA, which signed the group to a record deal;the band's first album, Enter , was released in 1997.

Last edited by Frozen Angel on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Vote Count 1.3Maestro (4) : SnarkySnowman , Aristophanes , Jeanne11 , nnn_thekushmountains
nnn_thekushmountains (2) : a plain farmer , Wisdom
Wisdom (1) : Dierfire
a plain farmer (1) : Masquerade
Masquerade (1) : Maestro
Killthestory (1) : KuroiXHF

Not Voting (3) : Jake from State Farm , Killthestory , Shiro

With 13 players alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2016-03-21 20:00:00)

Within Temptation : Angels

Spoiler: lyrics
Sparkling angel
I believe
You were my saviour
In my time of need
Blinded by faith
I couldn't hear
All the whispers
The warnings so clear
I see the angels
I'll lead them to your door
There is no escape now
No mercy no more
No remorse cause I still remember
The smile when you tore me apart
You took my heart
Deceived me right from the start
You showed me dreams
I wished they would turn into real
You broke the promise
And made me realize
It was all just a lie
Sparkling angel
I Couldn't see
Your dark intentions
Your feelings for me
Fallen angel
Tell me why
What is the reason
The thorn in your eye
I see the angels
I'll lead them to your door
There's no escape now
No mercy no more
No remorse 'cause I still remember
You took my heart
You showed me dreams
You broke the promise
And made me realize
It was all just a lie
Could have been forever
Now we have reached the end
This world may have failed you
It doesn't give you reason why
You could have chosen
A different path of life
You took my heart
You showed me dreams
You broke the promise
And made me realize
It was all just a lie
Could have been forever
Now we have reached the end
Last edited by Frozen Angel on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 75, a plain farmer wrote:I don't like that Jeanne and Maestro "claimed" VT, even in a for-the-lulz kind of way.

I don't like that you're assuming or implying that I was claiming "for-the-lulz"
I don't think anything I've done so far implies I was claiming "for-the-lulz"

It was a serious claim, in my first post, made out of frustration and because I knew it would give me something to work with RIGHT out of the gate. Tell me where I'm wrong in my train of thought here, and tell me why claiming VT in a Closed Normal Setup is inherently scummy / something that you don't like.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 75, a plain farmer wrote:I'd actually never heard about symphonic metal before signing up. I like Nightwish.

In post 64, Killthestory wrote:Post #19 and #21 is scum aligned. Discuss.

Nah. Neither seem alignment indicative to me.

I don't like that Jeanne and Maestro "claimed" VT, even in a for-the-lulz kind of way. That strikes me as something scum would have a slightly higher chance of doing than town.

How does neither seem alignment indicative yet claiming VT like that is? wtf.

also why the fuck would you claim vt? I thought you were joking. fml
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

OK. Not for-the-lulz. My rather by the book response is that a VT should probably hush up and keep the scum in the dark.

But that's no longer what most concerns me. You say you did it for the following reasons:

1) "out of frustration"
2) "It was a serious claim" made "because I knew it would give me something to work with RIGHT out of the gate"

The second implies that it was a calculated move. People's behavior when frustrated typically isn't strategic or rational. These two dissonant reasons somehow found their way into the same sentence, as if you were subconsciously hoping readers would find one explanation they liked and ignore the other one.

VOTE: Maestro

In post 80, Killthestory wrote:How does neither seem alignment indicative yet claiming VT like that is? wtf.

If any of those votes were scummy, it's more likely to be the later votes than the earlier ones (due to the speed of the wagon). But I'm not inclined to think any of them were scummy atm.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by Killthestory »

im not voting Maestro but that's kind of intent to vote because he actually claimed vt? wtf?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Cool.
VOTE: KillTheStory
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Killthestory »

if you're going to vote me at least have the decency to capitalize the right letters.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sorry, I have a habit of capitalizing each word when they string together. Hashtags have ruined me! Lol
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Killthestory »

illiterate scum.

no it's good i love you b fo real.

anyway what the fuck why would people claim vt so early im honestly confused
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Because they don't feel like putting effort in, assuming an immediate scumread?
To get reactions?
To mask being a PR?
To create wine that that could be a PR while actually being VT?
To mask being scum?
To mask being TP?

It's really very full of wine. I don't see it as very indicative.
though, in more cases than not, I could see it from town.
the read should develop based on play though, and his reactions have been very calm. This is a reason I am townreading him.
- Jingle
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Killthestory »

i mean, i dont see scum doing something so suicidal unless, like i said, they're fucking suicidal?

like I was townreading Maestro because of all the inconsistent votes/how fast the wagon formed on little basis, but what the fuck was that VT claim? thats got me doubting myself just a little
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 88, Killthestory wrote:i mean, i dont see scum doing something so suicidal unless, like i said, they're fucking suicidal?

like I was townreading Maestro because of all the inconsistent votes/how fast the wagon formed on little basis, but what the fuck was that VT claim? thats got me doubting myself just a little

basically it hinders more than helps, to elaborate, just because it gives scum more chance to hit a PR than a VT. regardless of his reasoning, it's probably not going to work as he intended, and if it was calculated it was stoopid bro
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 89, Killthestory wrote:
In post 88, Killthestory wrote:i mean, i dont see scum doing something so suicidal unless, like i said, they're fucking suicidal?

basically it hinders more than helps, to elaborate, just because it gives scum more chance to hit a PR than a VT. regardless of his reasoning, it's probably not going to work as he intended, and if it was calculated it was stoopid bro
I agree that it isn't good as it limits the NK pool closer to the PRs.

However, as you say, it is unlikely from scum unless suicidal, and thus doesn't make sense from that alignment. And the wagon grew way too fast.

So why the vote on him?
- Jingle
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Killthestory »

im honestly just confused. from others standpoints i probably look flipfloppy right now but like... it's just a bad play overall. i dont see any alignment making that play, and thats why its hard to believe either way. for reasons aforementioned disregarding his claim, id be townreading him right now
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Bad play =/= scummy play. Always remember that.

If the rest of his play is towny, and this is null, then the vote is still the part that confuses me.
I don't get why it is placed on a nulltown.
- Jingle
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 81, a plain farmer wrote:OK. Not for-the-lulz. My rather by the book response is that a VT should probably hush up and keep the scum in the dark.

Read this:
In post 226, Wisdom wrote:In general, you seem to have fixed ideas about how town think and act. You have to let them go. People can act in the scummiest of ways (and this example is not scummy at all, mind you) and still be town. People rarely do what you think they should be doing, what you expect them to do.

Now understand your stupid playbook means nothing to me. How you say you would play a VT, how you would play a VT; none of it matters to me. Deal with it. Move along. And find an actual reason to vote me. (tl;dr Get in line)

But that's no longer what most concerns me. You say you did it for the following reasons:

1) "out of frustration"
2) "It was a serious claim" made "because I knew it would give me something to work with RIGHT out of the gate"

*snip*

[...] These two dissonant reasons somehow found their way into the same sentence, as if you were subconsciously hoping readers would find one explanation they liked and ignore the other one.

Rearranging your thought process here because it's more coherent this way. Nice attempt at a minor misrep. I don't usually subconsciously hope anything when I post, and those two trains of thought / paths of reasoning are not mutually exclusive, and I'm sure you know that. I can be frustrated about X and KNOW with certainty that saying something about X will give me material to work with right out of the gate. That would make me more likely to say something about X, not less likely. The reasons aren't dissonant at all. What makes you think they are?

The second implies that it was a calculated move.
People's behavior when frustrated typically isn't strategic or rational.

Again:
In post 226, Wisdom wrote:In general, you seem to have fixed ideas about how town think and act. You have to let them go. People can act in the scummiest of ways (and this example is not scummy at all, mind you) and still be town. People rarely do what you think they should be doing, what you expect them to do.

I do not have to accommodate your expectations for what a frustrated person should or shouldn't do. I do X and I am frustrated, therefore frustrated people can do X. Period. You don't expect frustrated people to do X? Who gives a shit? I am and I just did.

My behavior most of the time isn't strategic or rational. Things are more fun that way.

Not to mention the fact that the second reason you've labeled doesn't imply anything about "calculation" - "calculation" puts a needlessly negative spin on me simply taking a moment to think and realize (with a chuckle) "hey, I bet I know a way to shake shit up Day 1 - CLAIM VT", two seconds later, BAM, posted and confirmed. But no, because I dislike RVS and would rather just skip to the part where people sit votes on me all day, I instead become a criminal mastermind (and an idiot at the same time?) on page 1 in my first post. You give me too much credit. :roll:

In post 81, a plain farmer wrote:
In post 80, Killthestory wrote:How does neither seem alignment indicative yet claiming VT like that is? wtf.

If any of those votes were scummy, it's more likely to be the later votes than the earlier ones (due to the speed of the wagon). But I'm not inclined to think any of them were scummy atm.

In a case of aggression vs. opportunism, you think opportunism is more likely to be Scum, yes? That seems to be what this implies. Why?

In post 89, Killthestory wrote:basically it hinders more than helps, to elaborate, just because it gives scum more chance to hit a PR than a VT. regardless of his reasoning, it's probably not going to work as he intended, and if it was calculated it was stoopid bro

Maybe it hinders you more than it helps, but I see it differently. I could easily be lying. Scum will have definitely thought of this. Basically, what Aristotle said: it's Wine, like I said when I first claimed. It's working well at giving me something to work off of, which was all I wanted. You're also giving me too much credit by assuming I put so much thought into this.

KEEP 'EM COMIN' BABES

@Jake from State Farm: where you at, bish? You're 1/3 of the reason I signed up. Come dance with me.

PEDIT:"Bad play =/= scummy play. Always remember that."

...That's fuckin' rude, bro. And based on an opinion, and therefore not necessarily objectively true. And a bit pretentious, Mr.
Last edited by Frozen Angel on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Maestro »

Tits. There's a borked up quote tag in there, should be fairly easy to understand tho

fixed :]
Last edited by Frozen Angel on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 92, Aristophanes wrote:Bad play =/= scummy play. Always remember that.

If the rest of his play is towny, and this is null, then the vote is still the part that confuses me.
I don't get why it is placed on a nulltown.

ye i know but fucking it's so utterly dumb as a play. whatever.

anyway, are you talking about him voting masquerade?

P-EDIT: Bro dont go acting high and mighty now, it was a bad play no matter how you look at it lmfao
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Maestro »

No, it really wasn't.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I meant no offense, pretensiousness, or rudeness in that...

I am merely meaning that what you perceive as bad play is not always scum indicative. Town make bad plays a lot. Sometimes plays are made which are not bad, but are perceived that way.

It's merely something I've leaned throughout the years. Think critically about things instead of taking face value.

Also, I've been playing since April of 2013, just not on this site, so I probably have more experience than you think, Mister
. :P
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

And for the record, I liked the claim.

I voted it to see where it vould go, not because I thought it was scummy.
I kept my vote there to see who would join late and why.

I got stuff out of it, and it got us out of RVS rather quickly.
So I don't think it was either bad or scummy play.
but for those who do I think my statement stands.
- Jingle
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Up until "Enter" , Withing Temptation had been a studio project , but the success of the album led to invitations to play several live shows, including the Dynamo Music Festival, one of the biggest live music events in the Netherland.

Within Temptation demonstrated their strength as a concert act, and began playing Germany, Austria, Belgium, and the Czech Republic.

Last edited by Frozen Angel on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”