Scummer D&D

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:58 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

What are you talking about? I put Mycon. (Yep. Totally did. I don't know what you're talking about)
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:54 am

Post by FakeGod »

We are playing in 3 hrs and 7 minutes
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:21 am

Post by FakeGod »

Today is the day the Daylight Savings Time went into effect, time here is an hour earlier than usual.

This probably means people will be an hour late I'd imagine, which is too bad.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Summary.

Elliot, Primrose, and Obob have been taken away to the cove. PCs fight through a horde of undead, witches, just to see Primrose, Mycon, and Obob get sacrificed to summon a demon lord. Serria completes the summoning and stands there dazed, as the demon lord crashes into the party's frontline. It was close, but the party defeats the demon lord. Serria is no longer brainwashed.
Last edited by FakeGod on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calling all touhou fans!
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Who »

Witches loot:
3 weapons
+1 humanbane dagger
+1 frost dagger
+1 greatsword
1 shield:
+1 heavy shield
7 scrolls
Owl’s wisdom x4
Hold person x3
1 potion
Resist energy (Fire)
6 wondrous items
Gauntlets of Str +4 (Kat)
Bag of holding type 2
Amulet of Natural Armor +1
Broom of flying (Avina)
Ring of prot +1 (Danum)
Bracers of Archery, Greater (Karl)
gems (3400 gp)
5550 gold
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by ConManMick »

We have a scroll of cure poison or something that was never officially given to anyone as well
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Oh... That might have been useful this fight. That -2 CON (and 10 HP) almost meant the difference between life and death for me.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Also, Lor has the ring now.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:56 pm

So, I'm quite excited for next session.

Of course, it's obvious we will need some help, so I propose that we amass an army. Now, I do have a plan to do this.

Firstly, when Avina and/or I break the news to Elliot, I think that we try to convince him and Julia to join us at the mansion. I think that this would definitely help us out, and might not be that hard, if we appeal using Prim and William's memory (not like coerce them into helping, but like, genuinely ask them to help).
Secondly, I elect that at least 2 from Karl, Kat, and Two go to the port and talk to Two Prime, ask her to help us to get revenge for Obob. Actually, not revenge. That's the wrong word for her. Probably justice would be good.
Thirdly, we need to get Serria to join us. She seems to feel remorseful about this, and this'd be the perfect chance for her to atone.

With them, that'd be at least 4 strong NPCs helping us out. We might even be able to get more.

Of course, if FG thinks this is either a. too OP, or b. too akin to Leadership feat, then that's cool too. I think that it'd be a great point to get some good leadership play from Avina here, uniting an entire group of people to save her family's island.
“Why was I chosen?'
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

god... Elliott.

like, did I not warn Eliott, Primrose and William all each about this happening? >.>
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Summary fixed.

I'll have the better version of the summary tomorrow.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Old Norbit's Tale

After you defeat the witches, draconic runes begin to glow on the side of the cove. Quick spellcraft check reveals that the presence and resonance of the soul gem fragments is what triggered the runes to glow.

Sections of it have been weathered away, but you can make out most of the written characters. This is what it says:

......with the pirate Redford's defeat, we thought the days of fighting were behind us. That was not to be. Rislyn, Redford's demonic lieutenant and lover, has survived the defeat of her master, took advantage of the massive number of death and casualties of the conflict to create a rift to the abyssal plane under the island keep. Victor and my master fought underground to keep the demons contained, while Luna prayed to her goddess to reveal a way to seal the rift. Lytana answered her prayer by uncovering the Oceanic Heart deep beneath the surface. The rift can be suppressed in the presence of the artifact’s overwhelming magical aura...

....My master sent me, his strongest and most loyal servant, to retrieve the artifact, and shut himself in his workshop to craft additional reinforcements. Luna and Victor, aided by a constant stream of Damian's machines, should have been enough to hold the demons at bay indefinitely...

....It took me about two weeks to travel the vast underwater distance to retrieve the artifact. When I finally returned to my master's mansion, I was met with a tragic sight. My master had been murdered! And something has hurt him enough to have his spirit cling to this world beyond death. In his agony and insanity, he has murdered all of his servants, ripped their souls out, and put them into dolls and constructs, to unquestioningly serve his will for eternity. Their souls power the machines, but their spirits slumber...

...I immediately left for the Lunagard Keep, for surely priestess Luna would be able to help. Not a living soul greeted me at the keep. I slowly made my way to the underground battleground, expecting to find the demonic gate fully open. Instead, I was barred from going further by a ghost. I almost didn't recognize her at first, but it was Luna! or at least what was left of her spirit. I was unable to communicate with her, but after weeks of investigations and hunting down for spell traces, I was finally able to deduce what happened. Treacherous Rislyn had ambushed my master in his workshop under a disguise to make her look like Luna. Her demonkind specializes in impersonating clerics, and in his state of mental and physical exhaustion from nonstop production of machines, my master fell, undoubtedly cursing Luna for her betrayal. It would be some time before my master's vengeful spirit rose, and in the meantime, Rislyn had put all of the servants to sleep and hidden them away. When Luna visited my master's mansion to inquire why the machine reinforcements have stopped, she discovered the mansion to be completely empty, creating a deception that Damian has fled. In desperation, Luna cast a powerful spell to keep her spirit chained to keep's underground, and sealed it all. I do not know what happened to Victor, but I suspect that he was eventually overcome against the overwhelming numbers of the demonic horde...

...Rislyn has been on the hunt for me ever since she realized I had survived. I have managed to evade her so far...

...The nearby presence of the Oceanic Heart blocked the demons from crossing into the Material Plane. Unfortunately, the artifact was shattered during Turin's invasion. It will only be a matter of time before demons break through Luna's ward and surface. In addition, the old Coven has returned to the island and have infiltrated the Lunagard Mansion....

...I am going to attempt to risk contacting Millicent, our master's head maid. Based on remote observation, her spirit seems to have awakened. I will relay her all I know. I will most likely be hunted down by Rislyn afterwards. I do not fear death, but I wish that I could see my master smile just one more time...

Calling all touhou fans!
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by Who »

Bah, I was wrong.

Well, I was kinda right. The dolls messages were referring to Luna, they were wrong not me.

We'll see about Victor. Norbit didn't know where he was, but I'm still guessing he was the one who attacked me.
Who said that?
Or is it?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by Who »

Rislyn specializes in impersonating clerics. Father Elissan? Elliot? Kel?
Who said that?
Or is it?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:02 am

Post by FakeGod »

In case it wasn't clear, Old Norbit was the wrecked giant machine you guys saw in Karl's first visit to the Witch's Cove.

Calling all touhou fans!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:06 am

So now it looks like Victor is the only one of the trio who could be evil now.

RIP
“Why was I chosen?'
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:58 am

Post by FakeGod »

Players, make sure to level up your characters to lv 10 before the next session.

We will play on Sunday March 20th. Please post your availabilities.

We will most likely be exploring the Damian mansion and meeting its inhabitants. It will involve a ton of combat.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:48 am

Post by FakeGod »

I'm going to also give away what happened after Norbit contacted Millicent, since Rook is going to reveal all this after you guys return from the cove.

Millicent, indeed, was awake, but still bound by Damian's will, which meant she was bound to the premises. Norbit told her everything he knew, and asked her to split her soul gem. She was hesitant to do so, but she understood the significance of what's at stake here, and obliged. By fragmenting her soul gem, it allowed her to split identity into multiple dolls. She lost all emotions that day, and her emotionless self remains at the Damian mansion. The other six dolls infiltrated the Lunagard Mansion, some of them taking the places of the servants there. (real Rook and Bishop were put to sleep and hidden) She bid her time, watching over the visitors and the heirs, to see which of them could be trusted and able to help. The PCs defeating the witches and finding Old Norbit's message convinced her that they can be trusted.

Rook is the final doll, the Green doll of Joy. After his explanation, his appearance fades away, revealing him for the doll he is. Millicent asks the PCs to come to the Damian mansion, defeat the mockery of what his master once was, and finally put his spirit to rest.

Calling all touhou fans!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:16 pm

HA! I was half right! Damian
is
evil!

Sorta...
“Why was I chosen?'
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Note to self, don't miss sessions. I am very much lost. But I will be there on Sunday!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Here is what you need to know:

Party is going to fight robots at the haunted mansion on Sunday.
We are reaching the end of the campaign. Only two sessions left till the end. We are starting anew from lv 1 afterwards in a new campaign.

Calling all touhou fans!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I will be there.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Hmmm would you look at that my new favoured enemy appears to be robots and not demons hmmm how could this have transpired...
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:27 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Hmm is it possible to get the wand of invisibility, swift?
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:36 am

I wouldn't think so, since using a wand is a standard action in itself.
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “The Arcade”