KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

There is so much to comment on, I'm trying hard to find a way without making a wall.

Regarding SIW in post

There's been a lot of picking at individual sentences here. What I see here is an earnest Newbie who is a strong town-read.

There's been comments from myself, mhsmith and UTL about how scum "look for easy mislynches". Everything from SIW makes me think she is looking for the "right" lynch.

To any doubters, I say this: playing like this as scum, there is no way she gets through D2/D3. So in the highly unlikely chance that she IS scum, she's an easy catch later in the game because she will have to crystallise her reads. It is inconceivable she could do that as scum without giving herself away when we re-read her D1 play.

tl;dr: she's probably town, if she's scum, she'll be an easy catch on D2/D3.

Regarding Eggman missing SIW off his read-list

I don't like attributing to scum what can easily be put down to Newbiness. That slot is already suspicious IMO, but this does not increase my suspicion.

Reagrding Eggman asking why you don't claim/fakeclaim cop on D1

There's a fairly common piece of meta on this site: "Lynch all liars". For every time that fails. there's 10 times it's sensible. As you are conf!town to you (or should be ;) ), taking a course that gets a conf!town lynched is not a D1 play.

If the claim is real, you just put a bullseye on your head.

So mhsmith is correct: don't claim a PR on D1 unless you are at L-1 and have been given notice that someone intends to hammer you.

Regarding YawningAngel

I kinda like post . I like it when someone puts reads that are contrary:

mhsmith0: Posts way too much. Has challenged weak players to justify themselves and posted a lot of stuff that seeks to avoid clear town misplays. Efforts are somewhat hampered by an apparent lack of specific scum-hunting, but he's started now. He sounds like he's eaten the entire wiki, but meta aside I don't find anything dubious in his plays. No clear player allies, and a likely NK target. Not worth lynching for now as we can always challenge him later should he continue to come up with nonspecific advice and he's done plenty to justify his existence on day one.

This is an example: whether or not mhsmith has been good/bad town on D1, I do think he is obv!town. Would be easy for scum to just "play along" and NK mhsmith.

Similar point on his read of SIW too.

There is though his read on me:

KickassAndGiggle: Generally solid input, seems to share my reservations about speculation. Lots of output and willingness to back up what he has to say when challenged. Has advanced theories on scum and stuck to them. Suspicious interplay with UpTooLate, advanced more in her section. Does not appear to have initiated any contact with players, plausible NK target. No plausible lynch motive thus far save for questioning how far under the radar he's flown.

Perhaps he needs to use the Activity Overview link at the bottom right of the thread? I am the second highest poster...hardly flying under the radar.

On the whole, I like the post...but it is simply a read-list. Scumhunting involves asking questions, analysing
motivation
more than just words. I would like this slot to involve itself more. Of the "quieter" slots, YA has been loudest, but now we have replacements we could use more...

Not enough for me to move him into my town-bloc.

On UpTooLate

I'm struggling now UTL, for a number of reasons:

1) I read the game with Karnage/RC etc and found little real difference in your tone (to the point the issue was raised in this thread). As far as I was concerned, the matter was closed. But then you contradict this and say:

It is different this game from my last. My last game, day 1, I decided to try a more aggressive approach, picked a stupid fight with a newbie trying to push him a little since he said he had nothing to contribute, and I think I may have discouraged him a bit. I don't feel great about how I handled that, and I'm using a new approach this time around. So, yes, there is a difference in tone, you can take it for what you'd like.

Followed by a "clarification":

Ok, I'm here. Also, I didn't see which posts you linked earlier, I should probably do that, but that's not the tone I was talking about? I thought you were meaning my overall approach to the game. I'm going to be different in different games based on playerlists, gamestate, etc. Think of me as a mirror. I tend to reflect the personalities I'm dealing with. This game has had more of a "serious" vibe than my last newbie, so my posting has reflected that

Why are you defending a case like that? Are you worried that you sound different? It was marginal if anything as far as I can tell. And one could say that you ARE now having a little bit of a fight with YA and SIW too. So I'm not sure it's even true.

The defence is FAR more suspicious than the original case.

2) Hmmmm... (you can imagine my eyebrow at half mast when I say that):

There's a wagon on Aero? And no, my vote is not leaving you, in fact I'd like you to be lynched with fire by the end of the day.

In post 287, UpTooLate wrote:wut. How do you "know" anything?

VOTE: SummerInWonderland

(P.s. he wasn't on the right track)

Are you really scum-reading SIW? This is how I read what she posted (post ):

"I was town reading mhsmith and KAAG. mhsmith made a case on KAAG. I didn't like how KAAG defended it at first. Then we realise mhsmith misread 'least town' as 'AT LEAST town'. I now read them both as town but am not sure about mhsmith's reads"

And you misread that so badly you vote her?
After wanting to lynch YA with fire?

Are you postulating a YA/SIW scum team? Or are you just all over the place?

UNVOTE: Ircher
VOTE: UpTooLate
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:13 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 294, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:Yay, I have content to read that wasn't provided solely by one player.

:lol: with a side of :oops:

@SIW/UTL: Thanks for providing some interesting and (I think) illuminating content. I need to mull over exactly what I think it means. My gut doesn't ping this as a scum/scum fight, but is it town/town or town/scum? I don't know. But there's something much more interesting that I've seen in my absence...

@YawningAngel:
From it seems like you have an idea of what you're doing, which means that "clueless newbie mislynch bait" as an explanation for some of your stuff (both here and earlier) goes out the window. So with that in mind:

1) Why are you calling for consolidation right now? There's nearly a week to go (and given the pace of replacements, there may well be an extension). What is the gain from consolidating wagons before some of the replacements have even weighed in on things? Other than just clearing off the vote on you?

2) Staying on the same theme, why in the world are you voting for Eggman? Your Eggman vote basically reads as OMGUS plus a vote whip for absenteeism (not to mention that he's one of the two "very weak slots to critique at this point").

Meanwhile you've practically written an ode to why you think UTC is scum and why you think "lynching UTL would give us valuable insights into the people she's chosen to try and buddy up to". So why aren't you pushing for her lynch?

You should have reason to believe I still suspect her (she was #2 on my last scum read list, and I abandoned ship on the KAAG vote), Eggman is null on her, SIW has her vote on that slot, and no one has a clue what Ircher thinks. So there's no reason whatsoever to think that a UTL lynch wagon is non-viable. But instead you're picking the newbie because of... what exactly? Signs of a scum-scum interaction that came from UTL herself?????

To be perfectly blunt, this reads a LOT like "OK guys let's get a lazy lynch on Eggman on D1, and then I've got great reasons to jump on UTL on D2". Or maybe "UTL is my scum buddy, so I'll distance on D1 and then deal with things on D2 however is convenient". Or maybe just "Eggman has a bus that's building, AND he doesn't really know how to put up a fight, so I'm happy to park my vote here". But while the precise scum explanation isn't clear, what is clear is that your post just SCREAMS tactical voting (anti-town behavior that should 100% be reserved for scum). And that's without even getting into the stuff that UTL picked at, which you 100% need to address. This is lynch-worthy bad stuff dude.

VOTE: YawningAngel

PS Eggman is at L-2. Thanks for not bothering to point this out in your vote, YA.

PPS /ninja'd. I guess there's even more to think about with UTL. As far as the YA post, skimming KAAG post I don't see anything changing my mind on 282's awfulness. The key part is the vote and why. And it just screams insincerity.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:25 am

PPS /ninja'd. I guess there's even more to think about with UTL. As far as the YA post, skimming KAAG post I don't see anything changing my mind on 282's awfulness. The key part is the vote and why. And it just screams insincerity.

My possible scum pool is currently at three people: it can't really hold someone else. If Ircher/Eggman improve, there will be space.

It (post ) certainly wasn't enough to move him from Null. However, I don't town read the Eggman slot as I believe you still do, so maybe I don't feel so strongly on the vote.

What do you think of the UTL turnaround from post to post ?

(I'm not cherry picking your post: it's up to YA to answer your questions to him).
force
you to be right...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:38 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

@KAAG: I read UTL as thinking she found a scum slip from SIW. If she did think she found a scum slip, I don't see a vote change as insincere. I want to see that back and forth continue a bit before I weigh in on what I think of the quality of her read there, but "I thought you just scum slipped so I'm voting for you now" doesn't really bother me as inherently insincere.

Clarifying the Eggman point a bit more, his bus is now up to three without ANYTHING having come to light that I consider to be meaningfully scum-indicative. I really want to see production from that slot, but the lack of quality of the votes against him makes me VERY suspicious of this building bus. Translation: anyone who joins this bus had damn well better have an actual reason.

PS votes on Eggman (formerly Ryu):
RVS vote that's stuck around this long, backed up by , which didn't especially impress me.
by Aero: I think sincere but non-convincing (obviously you need to read the surrounding posts to see why the vote was made).
"I'm heavily scum reading UTL but will vote Eggman due to OMGUS plus reasons that mainly implicate UTL, but I'm totally open to switching back to UTL if anyone wants to build a bus there". Just SCREAMS out "scum burying a vote on an easy bus but keeping his options open".
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:41 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

post vote note: 282 also was a vote whip on participation levels. "Vote whip" being defined as "The behaviour of voting for a player to encourage them to answer a question, participate, or otherwise engage in debate."
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:53 am

All purely technical:

"bus" is when scum makes a case of scum. From "throws his partner under the bus".

"Wagon" is what you are referring to. The wagon on Eggman. From the word Bandwagon.

"Vote whip" is a very cool term! But "Pressure Vote" is the normal term here. However, I for one would support "Vote whip" taking over!
force
you to be right...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:06 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

"Vote whip" is a term from my other site. It's kind of like a subset of "Pressure vote". Pressure vote is there to apply pressure, which can be for all sorts of reasons, including reaction testing (which is not vote whipping). Vote whipping is much more "you continue to not do X. Now I'm voting for you to show I take this issue seriously. Now take me seriously and do X".

In this game, an example of vote whipping would be "
KAAG
I demand that you re-read my tone comments on UTL and respond." (note: large red format is how we vote over there. That is NOT intended to be considered a vote for this game on this board. It is simply intended to be an example...as well as a reminder to KAAG that I do want him to get around to providing a response at some point :wink: )

Another example would have been if during my tunneling phase I'd voted for KAAG along with something like "OK NOW answer the damn question".
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Spifflop »

Post deleted per request
Last edited by Jackal711 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Spifflop »

@mod of this game I have no idea what happened here but I was trying to post in a game in a completely different queue
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:15 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 307, Spifflop wrote:VOTE: Heat

This makes sense, actually.

Not in this game it doesn't :lol:
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:41 am

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 300, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
Regarding SIW in post

There's been a lot of picking at individual sentences here. What I see here is an earnest Newbie who is a strong town-read.

There's been comments from myself, mhsmith and UTL about how scum "look for easy mislynches". Everything from SIW makes me think she is looking for the "right" lynch.

She sheeped a case and then later told me I misrepped her and said she didn't say it was a good case. One could argue that she saw her Aero case wasn't working out, and then jumped on the next person who was already getting pressure.

Regarding Eggman missing SIW off his read-list

I don't like attributing to scum what can easily be put down to Newbiness. That slot is already suspicious IMO, but this does not increase my suspicion.

While it can be put down to newbiness, it can also be an easy newbie scum mistake. I will say that though I don't necessarily think that's the case here, I don't think it should be completely discredited.

On UpTooLate

I'm struggling now UTL, for a number of reasons:

1) I read the game with Karnage/RC etc and found little real difference in your tone (to the point the issue was raised in this thread). As far as I was concerned, the matter was closed. But then you contradict this and say:

It is different this game from my last. My last game, day 1, I decided to try a more aggressive approach, picked a stupid fight with a newbie trying to push him a little since he said he had nothing to contribute, and I think I may have discouraged him a bit. I don't feel great about how I handled that, and I'm using a new approach this time around. So, yes, there is a difference in tone, you can take it for what you'd like.

Followed by a "clarification":

Ok, I'm here. Also, I didn't see which posts you linked earlier, I should probably do that, but that's not the tone I was talking about? I thought you were meaning my overall approach to the game. I'm going to be different in different games based on playerlists, gamestate, etc. Think of me as a mirror. I tend to reflect the personalities I'm dealing with. This game has had more of a "serious" vibe than my last newbie, so my posting has reflected that

Why are you defending a case like that? Are you worried that you sound different? It was marginal if anything as far as I can tell. And one could say that you ARE now having a little bit of a fight with YA and SIW too. So I'm not sure it's even true.

The defence is FAR more suspicious than the original case.

For the sake of transparency? And my pushes on YA and SIW are completely different than what happened with MeNowDealWithIt. MNDWI said he didn't know what to contribute, so I gave him something, and then pushed him a bit to see how he'd react. It was also just a few pages into the game. My issues with YA and SIW are legit.

2) Hmmmm... (you can imagine my eyebrow at half mast when I say that):

There's a wagon on Aero? And no, my vote is not leaving you, in fact I'd like you to be lynched with fire by the end of the day.

In post 287, UpTooLate wrote:wut. How do you "know" anything?

VOTE: SummerInWonderland

(P.s. he wasn't on the right track)

Are you really scum-reading SIW? This is how I read what she posted (post ):

"I was town reading mhsmith and KAAG. mhsmith made a case on KAAG. I didn't like how KAAG defended it at first. Then we realise mhsmith misread 'least town' as 'AT LEAST town'. I now read them both as town but am not sure about mhsmith's reads"

And you misread that so badly you vote her?
After wanting to lynch YA with fire?

Are you postulating a YA/SIW scum team? Or are you just all over the place?

I read as "I know he's on the right track for my wincon" and felt it was a scumslip. There is one major difference between town and scum. Scum
know
things that town doesn't. I still want YA lynched with fire, but we have tomorrow to do that. I'm more interested in the slip, but I could honestly go for a lynch on either one of them today.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:49 am

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 303, mhsmith0 wrote:@KAAG: I read UTL as thinking she found a scum slip from SIW. If she did think she found a scum slip, I don't see a vote change as insincere. I want to see that back and forth continue a bit before I weigh in on what I think of the quality of her read there, but "I thought you just scum slipped so I'm voting for you now" doesn't really bother me as inherently insincere.

^ pretty much this. Her use of the word "know" feels like a huge slip. You add that on to the inconsistencies coming from her, and shes dropped way down into the redzone on my list.

In post 303, mhsmith0 wrote:
Clarifying the Eggman point a bit more, his bus is now up to three without ANYTHING having come to light that I consider to be meaningfully scum-indicative. I really want to see production from that slot, but the lack of quality of the votes against him makes me VERY suspicious of this building bus. Translation: anyone who joins this bus had damn well better have an actual reason.

PS votes on Eggman (formerly Ryu):
RVS vote that's stuck around this long, backed up by , which didn't especially impress me.
by Aero: I think sincere but non-convincing (obviously you need to read the surrounding posts to see why the vote was made).
"I'm heavily scum reading UTL but will vote Eggman due to OMGUS plus reasons that mainly implicate UTL, but I'm totally open to switching back to UTL if anyone wants to build a bus there". Just SCREAMS out "scum burying a vote on an easy bus but keeping his options open".

I'm not townreading Eggman, but I'm not loving that YA is on his wagon. Idk if it's scum bussing scum (I feel like it would be too early in the game for that) or scum going for an already forming wagon.
Get to know me!
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 am

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 307, Spifflop wrote:VOTE: Heat

This makes sense, actually.

We're in enough games together, stop trying to sneak into the ones we aren't!
Get to know me!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:53 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Yeah bus was wrong terminology. Meant wagon. Rest of it applies.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:09 am

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 299, SummerInWonderland wrote:UTL- I am going to explain again what I was saying. Theres a few things I need to point out again. I tried explaining to you that it was a process! it wasn't thoughts all at once which you are saying It was.
start of the process-
In post 234, SummerInWonderland wrote:So I believe you are genuine and I am going to trust you I think but now I am just working on if you are right with your reads of people

This is the post I went into saying he was on the right track! I felt he was my strongest town read (still is) and because of that and his attitude/course of action I thought he was on the right track- catching the scum. then I said I need to work on if he is in fact right about his reads.
Then- after this- not during. I said I thought he might not be the greatest scumhunter because of the situation with KAAG and myself (which I explained) I really want you to understand this whole process thing because all of my posts have been trying to explain it.

Also Hi everyone! its great to see we have all of our players now! :)

Ok, Summer, I feel like you're just back pedaling right now. I quoted your initial reads list about mhsmith, where you were praising him. You replied to
that quote
saying that you didn't mean he was doing a good job at it, but you were just praising the fact the he was scumhunting. However, in that SAME READSLIST, you sheeped his cased on me. Do you not see how that is contradictory, and why I feel it's back pedaling? You said:

I really do buy into mhs' analysis of you, and in many ways its right.

But then later said:

I was praising that he was scumhunting! not that he was doing a great job of it.

about the exact same post.

Also, you never answered the fact that you said you think he's looking too much into little things, but then tried to say I was doing the same thing and that I was scum for it.
Get to know me!
YawningAngel
YawningAngel
Goon
YawningAngel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:59 am

Post by YawningAngel »

I'll address UTL's points, in order:

mhsmith scumhunting:
He's said a lot of (valid) stuff to a lot of people, and he's pushed people to come forward with responses, both of which are productive and pro-town. What he has not done successfully in my view is to fix on particular players who are disproportionately scummy and extract slip-ups or incriminating statements from them. This isn't in itself a problem - it's day one, and there's a limit to what anyone can be expected to do. His contribution is more than adequate. He has not, however, done anything like as much to unearth scum as the amount he has posted might suggest. I don't have a problem with this (I read him as clear town for now) but it's something I felt was worth nothing.

wagons:
I used "wagons" wrongly, I really just meant "votes sitting on". Incidentally, voting SIW is not an efficient way of getting me lynched.

weak players:
Players who come across as anti-town. As I identified earlier, mostly myself and the inactive slots.

UTL's playstyle:
There's nothing wrong with UTL and Aeronaut you two being friends. However, your posts very much came across as if you were looking to Aeronaut to confirm to other players in the thread that you were trustworthy in some way. Posts 69, Aero's town read off very little information (see 115 by KAAG), and 149 are the ones that come to mind. Honestly, there's just something very off about your playstyle. You haven't advanced any theories on who might be scum apart from me, and your reasons for suspecting me are vague to the point that I can't quite follow them having just re-read whole set of posts. Whenever any player challenges you, you seem to react by picking up on some flaw of theirs and voting them (see myself, SummerInWonderland recently). Moreover, your non-committal attitude to everyone apart from me leaves you free to try and push any mislynch you think convenient on subsequent days once you've pushed the current most obvious mislynch target (me). You've brought very little to the town's cause whilst posting in a very consciously 'nice' way, and it all has the air of someone who is trying to avoid negative attention. Coupled with your apparent unwillingness to suspect any of the active players other than myself, and you seem to me to be trying hard to fly under the radar. If you aren't actually scum, and I'm fairly dubious of that at this point, then at the very least go find some other suspects for us to investigate. It's not like you providing alternatives prevents anyone from lynching me.

My vote is staying where it is for now, as I don't think Eggman is much better, but I find you incredibly suspicious and defensive this game.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Ircher »

I prob. won't finish catching up today, but I'll try.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 315, YawningAngel wrote:UTL's playstyle:
There's nothing wrong with UTL and Aeronaut you two being friends. However, your posts very much came across as if you were looking to Aeronaut to confirm to other players in the thread that you were trustworthy in some way. Posts 69, Aero's town read off very little information (see 115 by KAAG), and 149 are the ones that come to mind. Honestly, there's just something very off about your playstyle. You haven't advanced any theories on who might be scum apart from me, and your reasons for suspecting me are vague to the point that I can't quite follow them having just re-read whole set of posts. Whenever any player challenges you, you seem to react by picking up on some flaw of theirs and voting them (see myself, SummerInWonderland recently). Moreover, your non-committal attitude to everyone apart from me leaves you free to try and push any mislynch you think convenient on subsequent days once you've pushed the current most obvious mislynch target (me). You've brought very little to the town's cause whilst posting in a very consciously 'nice' way, and it all has the air of someone who is trying to avoid negative attention. Coupled with your apparent unwillingness to suspect any of the active players other than myself, and you seem to me to be trying hard to fly under the radar. If you aren't actually scum, and I'm fairly dubious of that at this point, then at the very least go find some other suspects for us to investigate. It's not like you providing alternatives prevents anyone from lynching me.

My vote is staying where it is for now, as I don't think Eggman is much better, but I find you incredibly suspicious and defensive this game.

1) She's your clear scum read leader, so why in the world aren't you voting her? Why aren't you pushing for her lynch? Why aren't you invested in her lynch? Explain your perspective to me, because I'm finding it impossible to see town motivation here.

2) You pick up on things that UTL is doing that you think are scummy... and you're acting much the same way.

- Her attitude towards you (voting you and then moving on to SIW) vs your attitude towards her (scum-reading her but parking your vote elsewhere).

- Her voting on people who challenge her (except for me)... and you voted Egg and have advanced a scum theory on her. How many other people been challenging you? Aero? His vote on you lasted two hours before moving on to Ryu. KAAG? He seems quite happy with you. Your not voting me simply mirrors UTL also not voting me, so no "extra credit" there. Who else am I missing?

- Non-commital attitude... and you have three scum reads and two "I'll get to them later" reads... which gives you a LOT of freedom to "push any mislynch you think convenient on subsequent days"

- unwillingness to suspect active players other than YA (and lately SIW)... which active players other than UTL (and lately SIW) have you suspected?

Just by using your own apparent theory of scum tells, it seems like you're just as good a vote as UTL.

3) You say that you're the "obvious mislynch target"... but you're certainly not the vote leader. You're sitting on one vote compared to Egg's three (and almost everyone on the board is scum reading him too - he's the clear lynch target of the board right now).

So how are you the obvious mislynch target? How are you a substantially larger lynch target than anyone else bearing a vote? How is this not just an overly defensive "OMG some people suspect me" perspective? Again, I am REALLY struggling to see a town perspective here and finding it REALLY easy to see defensive scum.

4) Just to restate it: what possible reason could you have for scum reading UTL this hard and sitting on the Egg wagon instead? This makes not the slightest bit of sense to me from a town perspective. If you think that UTL tactically (for what scum-motivated reason???) pissed off of voting you to move onto SIW, at least I could see a clear perspective as to why (meaning I need to evaluate her "I think I found a scum slip" theory for sincerity and reasonableness instead of immediately thinking "oh that's clearly a bunch of BS"). You? I see nothing. Instead of trying to lynch your #1 scum read, you're advocating for the easy Ryu/Egg wagon for... what? "Consolidation"? This far ahead of deadline? How does that make the slightest bit of sense?

Seriously, if this is your attempt to defend your work and avoid the "obvious mislynch" on you color me unimpressed.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:27 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

PS the "consciously nice" part is something that was on your list of UTL that I don't think you've replicated. But that's basically it. The substantive stuff all seems to point just as much to you as it does to her.
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:47 am

Post by SummerInWonderland »

UTL- I don't think you are listening to me. go back to where I explain my thought process. I knew he was on the right track because I think he is town! I never said I was sold on these arguments but I did agree with a lot of them. earlier I explained why i voted u. This whole time I have been trying to explain to you my thought process over and over... you react to me by jumping on these things and being super nit picky. some of your biggest arguments are the fact I used "know" and that someone forgot me when he was in class skimming on a lot of material. like you only choose to mention some thing- you are acting like all of these things I have been saying are in one train of thought. It has been a process that has changed after time, and u are misrepresenting my points big time.
I am pretty busy atm but I will post more tonight
Curiouser and curiouser!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Aero, Egg, Green, Ircher: Whatever thoughts you can provide are useful, but if you're looking for specific areas of focus (especially for the two newcomers), I'd suggest looking at the cases against YA, UTL, SIW, and Ryu/Egg. Whatever you can provide is useful. Thoughts, impressions, questions, etc.
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:29 pm

I would like to express my thoughts of UTL and myself through a set of gifs
Spoiler: UTL be like

Spoiler: I be like

this is all for joke sake!
Curiouser and curiouser!
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

I still think SIW is back pedaling like fucking crazy, but I'm going to step back from my tunnel (bad habit of mine, and honestly Ircher joining the game reminded me of that) and let the new people catch up. Btw, for those of you interested in meta, Ircher has been town with me in 2 of my games. One scum and one town.
Get to know me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Ircher »

You guys post a lot of long posts, but I like it.
I'll give my notes when I'm finished, but I'm currently at the end of 4 I believe.

Current Reads:

UTL, Summer, Aero, KAAG are town.
Ryu, Yawn are a bit scummy.

And I'm null/neutral on everyone else.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 pm

UTL are you looking at everything I am saying ? You aren't commenting on a lot of what I am saying to you. You said nothing to me about me explaining my thought process to you. This isn't backpedaling.
Curiouser and curiouser!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”