Atticus wrote:
Atticus wrote:...

Who are you suspicious of?

What posts strike you as odd?

Why are you being a
n
idiot
lurker?

Is there some real life complication that you have that stops you from having an opinion?

These are some questions I posted earlier for you, Dusterhan, feel free to answer.
This strikes me as very leading and it wasn't till Sepiroth's quote and mistake that there were only 2 questions that it really hit me, the bolded questions stand out much more than the underlined ones in the quote of his own satement, and both of them offer Dusterhan a way out:

the first says start posting some content which looks like your town.
the second says bow out so someone else can take your place

Both of which lead me to believe this is a coded message between scum buddies saying stop letting the side down, either shape up or bow out

FOS: Atticus, dusterhan
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:51 am

Post by -TinVision- »

vampyrusddg wrote:
Atticus wrote:...

Who are you suspicious of?

What posts strike you as odd?

Why are you being a
n
idiot
lurker?

Is there some real life complication that you have that stops you from having an opinion?

This strikes me as very leading and it wasn't till Sepiroth's quote and mistake that there were only 2 questions that it really hit me, the bolded questions stand out much more than the underlined ones in the quote of his own satement, and both of them offer Dusterhan a way out:

Both of which lead me to believe this is a coded message between scum buddies saying stop letting the side down, either shape up or bow out

The coded message hypothesis seems rather farfetched to me. Sure, I'll agree those posts show a desire on Atticus' part for dusterhan to participate in the game or be replaced. However, I see nothing to indicate that they're scumbuddies. Pretty much everyone wanted/wants dusterhan to post or be replaced.
FOS vampyrusddg
for such a weak argument.
lol objective morality
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Atticus »

vampyrusddg wrote:...

But when Sephiroth said there were only two questions, why would I have contradicted it? Should I not have wanted to leave it at that and offer my "scumbuddy" the best chance of catching my "secret meaning?" You'll notice in the original post that there was no separation. I'm assuming that he has a tiny brain and needs some sort of division between his thinking.

Habby birthday.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:49 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Happy b-day, vampyrusddg
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by destructor »

Confirm Vote: -TinVision-

For completely ignoring my questions.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

[quote=destructor]How much pressure could you have hoped to apply by randomly changing your vote to Knuck? And again, I have to ask how could changing to Knuck possibly have been a better move so far as random votes go?[/quote]

OK, frankly I didn't respond to this for one main reason: No one but you has expressed interest in hearing more about this subject (my actions in the random voting phase) to my knowledge. It's apparent to me that there's little, if anything, I can do to change your mind and you're firmly for lynching me. Anyone else, if you're still left with questions after this, I'll be happy to address them. Otherwise, I'll consider the matter closed.

To answer your question: Not much pressure can hope to be applied, but at the beginning of the game, you take what you can get. As to your second question, it's not necessarily better. However, it's a part of an early game strategy to maximize that pressure. People pretty much ignore the first vote completely. The second vote however, as we can see clearly in this game, can get people riled. If a scum gets a vote stuck on them early that they can't be sure is random, it may shake them and lose their composure, revealing something to the town.

Regarding my "brushing off your argument with a discussion on logic" and using the phrase "a point in destructor's favor": I didn't brush the argument off. I pointed out that one cannot claim logical conclusions from the facts you presented. That was important because the "logic" of your argument was claimed as the reason for joining the bandwagon. It's the duty of the town to question and correct when people claim things that are untrue.

Also, it was perfectly fair to mention you by name in discussing that argument. You presented it; thus, in debating and attempting to refute it, naturally your name might come up. You can't separate content and context in Mafia. Why would you be afraid to have people associating your name with an argument against me?

Anyway, if you really think that I didn't answer to your argument satisfactorily, restate it in a concise manner and I'll respond to it soon. It's late, I'm tired, and I won't be digging through posts and writing a response tonight.
lol objective morality
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:34 am

Post by JDodge »

curiouskarmadog replaces dusterhan, who did not pick up his prod.

I am also searching for a replacement for Knuck.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:39 am

Post by kabenon007 »

well curious, hello again!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

hello, give me sometime to read...need to get up to speed
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by JDodge »

OpposedForce replaces Knuck.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:56 am

Post by destructor »

-TinVision- wrote:OK, frankly I didn't respond to this for one main reason: No one but you has expressed interest in hearing more about this subject (my actions in the random voting phase) to my knowledge. It's apparent to me that there's little, if anything, I can do to change your mind and you're firmly for lynching me. Anyone else, if you're still left with questions after this, I'll be happy to address them. Otherwise, I'll consider the matter closed.
I don't see the merit of ignoring someone's accusations simply because they're the only one making them, if not to avoid attention.

And how can you say there's little you can do to change my mind, when this is the first time you've responded to my questions? Are you trying to make me look stubborn or something? Maybe I am, but it's not like I didn't ask you to explain yourself before this.
-TinVision- wrote:To answer your question: Not much pressure can hope to be applied, but at the beginning of the game, you take what you can get. As to your second question, it's not necessarily better. However, it's a part of an early game strategy to maximize that pressure. People pretty much ignore the first vote completely. The second vote however, as we can see clearly in this game, can get people riled. If a scum gets a vote stuck on them early that they can't be sure is random, it may shake them and lose their composure, revealing something to the town.
This is not a convincing pro-Town tactic, given that there's no way a second random vote from a townie that early in the game could be percieve to not be random when this was a Day start. Backtracking?
-TinVision- wrote:Regarding my "brushing off your argument with a discussion on logic" and using the phrase "a point in destructor's favor": I didn't brush the argument off. I pointed out that one cannot claim logical conclusions from the facts you presented. That was important because the "logic" of your argument was claimed as the reason for joining the bandwagon. It's the duty of the town to question and correct when people claim things that are untrue.
kabenon's use of the word 'logic' was trivial. The beef of his post was in this sentence: "The only facts we have are in favor of destructor's analysis."

How was this not true? You suddenly changed your mind and voted dusterhan, afterwards claiming that you edited your explanation out. What you claimed to have written, then deleted, is irrelevant, so far as facts go. Going by what was can all see, the facts
are
in favour of my analysis.
-TinVision- wrote:Also, it was perfectly fair to mention you by name in discussing that argument. You presented it; thus, in debating and attempting to refute it, naturally your name might come up. You can't separate content and context in Mafia. Why would you be afraid to have people associating your name with an argument against me?
What you said was not simply associating my name with my arguments. The discussion at the time was about
your
scummy posts and my involvement was to cast light on them. For you to frame the discussion as being a bout between you and me was disingenous. Your own words:
-TinVision- Post 119 wrote:Anyway, I don’t really think that the fact that I did change my mind suddenly is a “fact in destructor’s favor”.
You're absolutely right, it had very little to do with me at all. But it certainly wasn't in
your
favour, and I don't think this is any different right now.

Thanks for the answers, they were satisfactory. I don't feel I need to ask them again. If you wish, you can respond to what I've said and I welcome it.

I still think you're scummy and a good lynch today.
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:55 am

Post by joost »

Sorry for being absent a few days. I finally got my internet connection to work.

Ok so Dusterhan is gone.
Unvote

Welcome to the game CKD and OpposedForce. CKD, I won't ask you what you think about Duster's posting cause you'll probably agree with us that it sucked. What I would like to know is your opinion on the discussion that formed around him. I hope your next post will give us some insight.

Destructor did present us with someone else to discuss and I have to say he makes a strong point against TV. I'll need some time for a better analyses though.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:18 am

Post by kabenon007 »

I don't recall if I unvoted but if I did not...
unvote
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Atticus »

The case destructor makes on TV is interesting, but I don't think it's anything I'd be voting on anytime soon.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:50 am

ugh, not going to be able to hit this reread until SUnday or Monday..sorry...meant to do it today..but got horribly distracted by another game...

will jump on it asap!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:02 am

Post by joost »

-TinVision- wrote:To answer your question: Not much pressure can hope to be applied, but at the beginning of the game, you take what you can get. As to your second question, it's not necessarily better. However, it's a part of an early game strategy to maximize that pressure. People pretty much ignore the first vote completely. The second vote however, as we can see clearly in this game, can get people riled. If a scum gets a vote stuck on them early that they can't be sure is random, it may shake them and lose their composure, revealing something to the town.
You are perfectly right about this. The second vote can get people riled and you might get a reaction from someone and discussion will start. But at the time you explained the vote like this:
-TinVision- in post 67 wrote:Phoenix, there's a difference between random voting and blatant/baseless bandwagoning. If I post that I'm voting for someone because of a silly or arbitrary reason, that is pretty much the same as going to random.org and generating a random number and voting for the corresponding person.
Here you claim your voting was random and not meant to shake Knuck or anyone else. Then later you say:
-TinVision- in post 102 wrote:I apologize if I confused with my actions in the random stage, but that was not my intention. Random pressure, in my opinion, is a legitimate tactic to spur activity and instigate revealing reactions.
First you apologize for the effect of your vote (people got riled) then you say that it actually was your intention to get a reaction. You got the reaction, why did you apologize?

Also, reading back I'd like to know why you waited so long to unvote Knuck? You said in post #58 that you would keep your vote on Knuck till he posted something of content. He posted twice after that, both posts did contain his opinions on the game so far, in one he even voted for Aimee. You never commented on what he said or how he voted so I guess you thought it was good enough. But you didn't unvote. Why not?
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:49 am

Post by -TinVision- »

[quote=joost]Here you claim your voting was random and not meant to shake Knuck or anyone else. [/quote] I stated that the vote was random but not that it wasn't meant to shake Knuck. I apologized for causing widespread
confusion
, which was not my intent, but rather pressure on Knuck.

[quote=joost]Also, reading back I'd like to know why you waited so long to unvote Knuck? You said in post #58 that you would keep your vote on Knuck till he posted something of content. He posted twice after that, both posts did contain his opinions on the game so far, in one he even voted for Aimee. You never commented on what he said or how he voted so I guess you thought it was good enough. But you didn't unvote. Why not? [/quote]
I didn't get a chance to post for a while, as you can clearly see by looking back.
lol objective morality
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:34 am

OK going to do a read through and pull posts (or quote them) that stick out to me as I go to see what needs to be seen. I am filling in for dusterhan, so I wont be able to address anything he did, also

Mod can you update the first page to reflex the replacements.

Post 24:
Knuck wrote:
Vote: Aimee

Also Dusterhan why are you trying to get rid of Sephiroth, you have a reason right?
Seems like a complete jump in logic for page 1. Much of the next couple pages talk about mt predecessor’s curious comments. They do seem odd and not too helpful. I have seen more experienced players do this and lurk to set a “trap” to see who would push a wagon against him. I doubt that is what dusterhan was doing (at this point in my reread), though. If I were in this game at this point, I would be asking duster questions as well.

Post 59:
Atticus wrote:
kabenon007 wrote:I don't know if this type of character cxan exist in a mini normal, but I have seen a character called the Jester or something like it, I think. And his win condition is to have the town lynch him. I doubt dusterhan is a jester, that doesn't seem to be likely in a mini normal. But his playing has been odd. None of his posts have been clear in any way, almost every one has some sort of enigma in it. He plays almost like he's trying to get us to believe he is scum or something, which, even if he is town, is extremely unhelpful to the town as a whole.
We shouldn't be speculating roles this early in the game.
This seems like a silly comment for no reason, talking about a jester is hardly speculating roles

Post 66:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Hey. Noting I'm here and not away. I've been watching the thread pan out over abit, but unfortunately not found a place to post yet!

Can someone put a single post about why dusterhan is so scummy. Include quotes, and attacks made on him please. I can't make much of it
This is sticking out to me. It seems to be calling out everyone who is calling duster scummy, almost insinuating that they are questioning him for no reason. Which could be taken two ways. Pro-town, trying to head off a bandwagon and putting people under the microscope who could be trying to get a fast lynch. Scum, Nek knows that duster is town and is getting his view out there before duster is hung so it buys him town creds Day 2.

Post 79: atticus with more game theory, he has not provided any game content at this point.

Post 83:
Sephiroth wrote:
The biggest attack I had on Duster. I said I was liking him less and less, I didnt even actually call him suspicious in any of my posts, simply call that one post suspect.
Ewwwww, this was a ridiculous statement and it seems like a backtrack. Not to mention I think you did indeed mention that duster was acting scummy.

Post 85: more non content from atticus.

Post 87: Ha, Aimee echoes my thoughts.

Post 91: more backtracking for Sephiroth.

End of page 4, duster asked about the vote count, but doesn’t address anyone’s conversation about him…ugh.

Post 101:
joost wrote:
But right now I think chances of him being actual scum are little over 50%, hence my vote on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be town, but he's the most suspicous player at the moment.
the end of this post by joost, seems like he is covering all of his bases.

Post 102 Tinvision thinks that case against duster is shaky.

(an hour later) Post 104 Tinvision votes duster…(umm, what?)

Post 109: Tin, explains, but makes no since..

Post 106: now that duster is acting fairly scummy (imo) we get…
Sephiroth wrote:Im not yet really suspicious of Duster. I don't at all like his "going with the flow post" but thats not nearly enough to convince me. I also don't at all like his recent post asking for a vote count, though it is more anti town then it is pro scum (yes there is a difference). Undecided on him for now.
Mini wagon on Tin, and the duster wagon picks up speed (if anyone knows of a player named “Dylan” duster’s play reminds me of that.) At any rate, I think duster’s wagon is well deserved (at this point)

Post 141:
Atticus wrote:Duster seems to think that game days should take no longer than 8 pages. I'd love to have him replaced, but I'm really not caring about him right now.

Not liking kabenon's vote on duster. But then, if I were dependent on duster posting, I might have voted him too.
don’t like this post either.

Post 142:
Sephiroth wrote:
destructor wrote:
What would we learn if we did and he was scum? No one's running to his defense, so I can't see anyone who can be linked to him in any meaningful way.
Except for you, of course. Obviously this means nothing unless he were to proven scum. But I do agree that he isnt a good lynch today.
Seph, seems very impressionable..could go either way.

My god, so far this whole thread as been mainly revolving around duster.

Post 164: (not really this thread related) Aimee, Lowell IS NOT a strong player.

Post 173:
dusterhan wrote:And i'm being a lurker becuase i want to be
Ugh, what an asshat…I hate this type of player. (WIFOM moment)If I was in this game at this point, I would probably just ignore duster and assume that his play is so crappy that a cop would investigate him. I couldn’t imagine scum, being so obvious. (like I said WIFOM)

More duster conversation, now mod missing conversation, mod replaced, Nek replaced
joost wrote:
CKD, I won't ask you what you think about Duster's posting cause you'll probably agree with us that it sucked. What I would like to know is your opinion on the discussion that formed around him. I hope your next post will give us some insight.
Think I have stated this before. I can understand why people were hot to lynch duster, however, some of the reasoning provided I thought was weak. I am, however, surprised that this town did not lynch him. I have seen bigger games lynch people for less, so kudos to the town for showing restraint for the most part. My opinion of duster was that he was new (probably younger) and really didn’t know how to play or respond. I haven’t meta gamed him, so I don’t know if that is true or not, but that is my impression from reading this game. As far as the town, I thought it was interesting the reactions to duster and much of my scum-dar is based this.

Going to do a person by person scum “rating” in the next 48 hours…I think it is always important to see how people’s views other people change Day to Day and what reason they provide for that change..I also encourage everyone to post a person by person break down…
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:53 am

Post by JDodge »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Mod can you update the first page to reflex the replacements.
I do not have what is necessary to do that yet. Sorry.
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by joost »

-TinVision- wrote:
Joost wrote:Also, reading back I'd like to know why you waited so long to unvote Knuck? You said in post #58 that you would keep your vote on Knuck till he posted something of content. He posted twice after that, both posts did contain his opinions on the game so far, in one he even voted for Aimee. You never commented on what he said or how he voted so I guess you thought it was good enough. But you didn't unvote. Why not?
I didn't get a chance to post for a while, as you can clearly see by looking back.
*looking back*

post 35: "Unvote, Vote Knuck. I will fight you. And that is no lie. " AN odd statement, but we've been over this.

post 58: "Vote stands til Knuck posts something of content." Knuck has not posted between these 2 posts. He didn't react so I understand this statement.

post 64: Knuck explains his absence and writes 4 lines about Dusterhan.

post 67: Tinvision posts are rather large post. Explaining the difference between random voting and bandwagoning. Nothing about Knuck, no unvote.

post 84: Knuck posts 10 lines. Talks about Tinvisions vote on him. Notices that he has not unvoted yet. Implies TV might be scum.

post 102: Tinvision apologizes for the confusion. Says the case on Duster is shaky. Thinks people are jumpy and says that we have time to make a decent decision. Still no unvote.

post 104: Unvotes and votes for Dusterhan for lurking.

Knuck posted twice and so did you without an unvote nor any other statement about Knuck. You had time to post but not to unvote? You did get a chance to post so basically you are lying.

Vote: -Tinvision-
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:28 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Hey everybody! I'll be replacing Knuck for this game session. I'll throw in what I think of players analysation.

Dusterhan (Replaced by CuriousKarmaDog)-
Simply a unhelpful player to the town. He goes off with a random vote on Sepiroth saying "I was going with the flow or... was I?" causing some confusion with the town on the post. People send their attention his way asking numerous amount of questions (I.E Who do you think is scum? Etc.) Instead he ignores all questions directed to him and asks for a votecount. No contribution what so ever to the discussion from him as he jokes around saying he wants to lurk. He then tries a weak attempt for people to stop putting him in the spotlight by stating "Why is everybody focusing their attention on me? Go to differnt people to find scum" A weak attempt to abstact attention from him. Hard to tell his alignment with all his useless posts and plays. Either newbie townie or bad scum.

Atticus-
I found him during my read posting making very short posts. He usually posts when somebody refers a question to him making him more reactive then proactive. Didn't really contribute much in his own words to the discussion. However I get a pro-town feeling on him.

Joost-
This is a player who I get a really strong pro-town vibe from. He contributes to the discussion alot and makes some very valid points. He says alot of things I agree with. Nothing suspicous I found on him.

Aimee-
Hasn't posted enough to get a grasping on her outlook,

SilverPhoniex-
Has hardly posted more than a few posts to the discussion. Can't get a read on him.

Nekka-Luicifer(replaced by vampyrusddg)-
Has posted hardly any content in his posts and posts very little. He didn't seem active in spotting out scum.

Destructor-
Contributes alot to the discussion which I admire but seems to push on TinVision a little too much actively trying to get him lynched even stating he want's him lynched (I'm pretty sure he stated that) However despite him trying to push agaisnt TinVision constantly I get a moderate pro-town vibe from him.

TinVision-
Now heres a player that makes me suspicous. He makes two random votes one leading on Knuck for a random reason. Then he later states it was for pressuring a player. I don't see how switching from one vote to the other in the random voting stage is going to apply pressure. Then he does another odd thing. He states in Post 102 that the case on Dusterhan is shaky and that people are jumpy. Then in Post 104 he Unvotes his oringal vote and votes Dusterhan explaining that he is lurking purposefully. It was the post after Nirp's post on how he actively lurks. He comes up with the reason on how he accidentally edited it out from the oringal post. I find it to strange of a concidence for that reason.
Vote: TinVision
for his eratic behavior.

Nirp-
Hasn't really added many new things in his own opinion which kind of hinders the discussion. Has repeated many said things and goes along with the crowd most of the time. Neatrual in my eyes.

Kabenon007
- Had been focusing alot of attention on Dustenhan trying to pressure him and bring up topics on him. Might of been eager to push agasint Dustenhan. Besides that he posts frequently and does throw in his own opinion in posts. Not sure of alignment but leaning towards Town.

Sephiroth-
He contributes to town discussion but has a agressive feel to it. Comes up with good points and theories. Leaning towards town.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Atticus »

I plan on making a PlayerBPlayerA soon, but my time on weekends is always limited.
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:25 am

Post by joost »

Thanks for the list OpposedForce. I'd like to know one thing though. What do you think of how Knuck played the game?

Also I'd like to hear more from Nirp, Aimee and SilverPhoenix. I'm not even sure if SP is still in this game.

I'll make another player list after those three have posted something helpful (or scummy) but I don't have a lot to say that I haven't said already.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 am

Post by destructor »

I'm content, like joost, to wait for more content from Nirp, Aimee and SP before adding anything else. I'd also like to wait until after Atticus posts his PBPA and Sephiroth his thoughts on other players he hasn't mentioned yet.

I grow weary when there are only a few players contributing to discussion, as it excuses any scum that may be lurking.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:52 am

OK this game is in line for me to do a PbP, so player by player thoughts at this point...also heads up, I hate rereading to proofread my own posts, so sorry in advance for grammar errors.

Before going into the PbP thoughts on the duster’s wagon. I feel like it was well deserved. I think his play was more of the village idiot (VI). When I refer to people being on duster’s BW it is not a bad thing by itself. What I don’t like is people being on it for little reason.

Atticus- not really liking his play as town so far. Lurked for a good portion of the game and posted without any content. Post 54, seems like he is just trying to look town for the sake of looking town. He doesn’t ask many questions and I don’t think that he has really done any scum hunting. However, I am getting the feel like he is not very invested in this game. Overall getting a neutral feel off this one (cant really lean one way or the other).

-Tinvision- This guy is screaming newbie scum. Post 102-109 really stand out to me. Says the case against my predecessor was shaky then 1 post/vote (hour later) votes him. When he tries to explain it doesn’t make any since and looks as if he is back pedaling. Most of his posts revolve around him and not actually looking for scum. Isolating tin by himself I would say scum. .

Destructor- think he is actively looking for scum. Asks questions and probes. Could be scum playing a good game. There is no real actions (votes) to judge him on except for his constant push on Tinvision (who I feel is scum as well). Never really jump on predecessor’s BW, which would have been an easy lynch. Getting a good vibe from him.

Joost – on the fence on him. Seems to like to vote lurkers and was on the duster wagon. Was not a fan of post 101, seemed like he was posting something he could fall back on later when duster turned up town. I am in another game with joost. There is a distinct difference between the plays. In this game, I feel he is being more aggressive. Now, I don’t know his alignment in the other game, so it is hard gauge it here. Might have to meta game more to get a solid feel on him, but doubt I will get anything conclusive. I think he has been attacking the easiest targets here at the time and only once the town seems to be heading that way anyway. However, easiest targets are not always bad targets if they are indeed playing scummy. Currently joost is on tinvision (which like destructor, I agree with)…so putting joost in the neutral category, but am leaning scum (really depends on the alignment of tin and BWs to come).

Knuck/opposedforce – Knuck defended duster early in the BW with metagaming. Seemed to pressure those who were attacking duster. Then changes, saying that he doesn’t think Duster is scum, but his lynch would help the town provide information. UGH. A day later, he votes duster even though he thinks he is town (poor play). Then he thinks kabenon and joost are scummy for harping on duster when Knuck’s vote was on duster too. (scum play). His last post, he is defending himself against joost and ends with a deflect (poor play). All opposedforce has done is do a PbP and has jumped on the tinvision bandwagon. I am putting opposedforce in the sucm category for now basically for Knuck’s bad play.

kabenon007- has been on the duster BW. Has confronted other’s in the game but really hasn’t pushed anyone. No real read yet. Neutral category, probably town.

Nirp- last post was 10 days ago, having a feeling that he will be replaced

MOD if it hasn’t been done yet, can we prod Nirp, thanks

Was on the duster wagon. Believed Tin’s excuse (mistake) about his change of heart about duster. Jumped off the duster bandwagon after Kncuk’s post (when knuck didn’t think duster was scum)…hoped that duster would just be replaced (good play). However, his last two post say that “he wouldn’t mind if duster got lynched” and mentioned that duster might have a negative effect on the town endgame…don’t know how to take that. Putting him in the neutral category for now.

Sephiroth- in the beginning I didn’t like seph’s play at all. Post 83 seemed like a backtrack/lie.
Later he says he is not “yet” suspicious of duster, which is a contradiction. Later he does a PbP and puts duster in his top 4 suspects..along with 2 lurkers and Kab who was attacking duster. So Seph felt like Kab was acting weird in his attack of duster (defending his vote), but is ok with a duster lynch. Seems like Seph, is trying to set up Kab, when duster comes up town in a lynch seph was for. Anyone else think that odd? Last post was 09/28, attacking destructor for “defending” duster. Has crap argument on why leaving duster alive is a bad idea…no to mention, he never had his vote on duster….SUSPICIOUS PLAY!!! Leaning scum.

MOD, Seph needs a prod too me thinks, thanks.

Aimee – In every game I am in with aimee, she is just a light poster…which gets her FoS, voted for, and lynched a bunch I beat. I don’t think she is really following this game and she really hasn’t helped. Neutral, probably town.

SilverPhoenix – last post 13 days ago.last post with any content. 32 days ago.

MOD, silver needs a prod too, probably a replacement.

Silver has done absolutely jack in the game. No read, needs to be replaced.

Nekka-Lucifer/vamp- on duster’s BW for lurking, all the while lurking himself. Didn’t really help the game. Vamp has entered the game and fos duster (think your vote is still on him/me, BTW). Hasn’t really done anything yet. Need more content (maybe a PbP?). no read.

This game is suffering from a lot of inactive players.

I am very suspicious of tin and opposedforce right now (but don’t think they are scum together), but think I am more suspicious of Sephiroth.

Vote Sephiroth.
For attacking Kab’s push for duster lynch, while you are active-aggressively doing the same thing without voting. Also your earlier backtrack/lie makes you quite scummy looking. I would like to see a new updated suspect list from you
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”