Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 646, Expedience wrote:Here's what I think Sakura's mindset is.

She pushes knighmare, and sees other people following her vote. Then she unvotes quickly and throws shade on the wagon because of her crippling fear of being scumread for being the main proponent of a wagon that flips town. The justification that she gives for this is that she felt uneasy about the wagon.

Then when Lowell and Madonna get run up, she nearly completes the wagons with no unease expressed towards their speed. There were a ton of votes that I think town!Sakura from what I've seen here would've (kinda stupidly) called scummy, but I think that she deemed it best to just let the town lynch Madonna.

In post 612, Sakura Hana wrote:1) Knowing now that Madonna's town, i'm mostly gonna be looking at the other ppl voting that wagon.

This post cements this in my mind, since I believe she worries that the town would say things like this about her if knightmare was lynched and flipped town. Also it's a really scummy post in its own right.

Maybe it's not all as explicit, conscious, or poorly explained as I've made it sound, but that's what I'm seeing.

The one thing that stands to me in this post is you do acknowledge knightmare (now Toasty) to be town. I will hold you to that view.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Lowell »

Alright you guys need to stop. Voting me is idiotic.

There wasn't a kill last night. Let's stop to think about this before everyone jumps on me for being cagey.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Lowell »

And no, I'm not claiming I blocked the kill. I'm not NOT claiming that, but I'm not claiming it either.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:59 am

Post by chilledtea »

If I may, your theory on texcat please.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:47 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

VoteCount 2.2With 12 players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Sayaka Maizono (0):

Almost50 (0):

Sakura Hana (1):
Expedience
Lowell (3):
texcat, chilledtea, Almost50
mhsmith0 (0):

texcat (2):
Sayaka Maizono, Lowell
Garmr (0):

Boonskiies (0):

Goodlordwill (0):

ToastyToast (0):

chilledtea (0):

Expedience (0):

Not Voting (6):
mhsmith0, Garmr, ToastyToast, Boonskiies, Goodlordwill, Sakura Hana

The deadline is in
(expired on 2016-04-05 12:00:00)

Last edited by FA_Q2 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:02 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 676, Lowell wrote:Alright you guys need to stop. Voting me is idiotic.

Why? What specifically about the cases on you is weak?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Lowell »

Well first of all I'm not scum. So there's that.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 am

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 45, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 43, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 40, knightmare wrote:
In post 36, Boonskiies wrote:Alright, but actually. Way too defensive already. It's page 2. Hot damn.

Defensiveness isn't a scum tell.

Townies and scum don't want to get lynched either way. I'm gonna call out bad reasons regardless. This counts as one.

My understanding was the defensiveness WAS a scum tell. Not a "only scum do it" thing but something that leans scum more than town. Am I off base here? Admitted newbie (this is my third game and first participating in RVS) so maybe my theory background is weaker than I thought, so please do correct me if I'm mistaken.

You are correct. I actually do believe defensiveness leans more scum. Especially if scum thinks they are caught and shouldn't be.

In post 218, Boonskiies wrote:This is seriously all you fucking got about this? It's fucking easy to do this. Watch. What the hell do you want me to do? I gave you a fantastic unalignment indicative statement about why I will be fucking busy today, and now I'm taking up my time to do this. You're god damn welcome. It's page 9. Nothing has happened. I am known for being good AFTER information is revealed into this game. I am known to end days with a quick hammer, AS TOWN, so we can move on from nothingness and actually get to figuring out the game.

For someone who thinks defensiveness leans scum, you sure are...defensive. Yikes.

Additionally, if you think Knight is defensive then y'all got a storm coming.

In post 286, mhsmith0 wrote:Toss in a50 and could that be scum team? Could it really be THAT easy? Would they really be THAT blatant? Worth considering I suppose. Easy answers make me uneasy but it's not like scum teams never screw up. Hmm...

I don't really care if the slot has played three games or 100--trying to catch entire scum teams this early is pretty scummy. Setting up chain lynches is never a good idea. The newb card is a very effective one, so when I see it used like 3 times during a catch up it definitely rubs me the wrong way. Also:

In post 371, mhsmith0 wrote:I actually find the "here since 2006" argument shades against the "easy fall guy" point. I would think he'd learn how to avoid that by now. I don't mind re-reading the cases against Lowell to see if anything looks odd, but I feel my case against him is solid. His behavior has to me reeked of scum, not of lazy mislynch bait.

Using the length of someone's time on this site against them while simultaneously using your lack of experience as a defense is icky. There are plenty of really experienced players who are also lynchbait. Lowell has given so little information that it is impossible to tell if he is using it as a cover or if he actually is just uselessly dedicated to gut reading. I play based on gut too--but I don't just say "this is a gut read" and stop right there.

Other reads:
Sakura Hana: I'm having trouble figuring out if my scummy read on her comes from the fact that she is very different in game style/beliefs than I am or if it is actually something she did.

A-50: Spends too much time teaching and preaching. I also HATE town blocks and have never seen one work. All it takes is one scum to slip into the alleged "strong town" group to lead to a game loss. And trying to aim for that kind of strategy as early as he did isn't a good sign--exactly how do you propose town "move together" if they have different reads?

Lowell: I see them as lynchbait at the moment so I don't think they are the correct lynch today. For the people voting him, think about if your reads only result from his relative uselessness thus far or something else.

Main townreads right now are Expedience and Sayaka. They are both being productive at least.
Gamr: Don't see the town vibes other people are getting. Null
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:21 am

Post by ToastyToast »

vote:Bookskies
for now.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Garmr »

Lowell are you trying to draw out a claim or soft claiming something?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Serious real life stuff came up. Sorry if I don't post as often as before.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 659, Garmr wrote:@chilledtea
Why did you change your vote on texcat to lowell? You are building a case on Texcat (post 629) and then you suddenly shifted to lowell. Why is lowell scummy to you and why did you drop your case on tex and do nothing to push lowell after dropping it?

Do you think Lowell is scum?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 673, Almost50 wrote:
In post 639, Expedience wrote:
In post 612, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok so first things first.

1) Knowing now that Madonna's town, i'm mostly gonna be looking at the other ppl voting that wagon.

If you knew that Madonna was town, why did you vote her?

2) Day ended within 2-3 days (more or less the way Lowell wanted), I'm interested in seeing what Lowell supposedly manages to get from short days, enough to want to rush Day 1 before.

You put both Lowell and Madonna to L-1 and so have no right to say this.

Making up reasons to make Sakura look bad???

1- "Knowing NOW" =/= knew from back then. Sakura made it clear she thought one of them was scum BEFORE the flip. She says she knows now AFTER the flip that Madonna was town.

2- She didn't put them BOTH @L-1. I do realize you corrected this in the following post, but then you go "but you basically did". Even worse, you're pushing her to vote texcat instead, when she clearly thinks LOWELL is the scum.

Here's what I'm getting: YOU are trying your best to deter a Lowell lynch bt creating a wagon on just about anyone else. You're scum. Lowell is scum & Boon is scum. I just want to start with Lowell.

VOTE: Lowell

I'm just having a bit of fun at the scum's expense, relax.

I mean, yeah, okay. As town, I generally try to lynch my scumreads, of which Lowell is not one.

I think Lowell and Boon are both town.

I could accuse you of trying to deter a Sakura lynch by creating a wagon on Lowell while accusing Boon and I. I think you're town, though.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 686, Expedience wrote:
Why did you change your vote on texcat to lowell? You are building a case on Texcat (post 629) and then you suddenly shifted to lowell. Why is lowell scummy to you and why did you drop your case on tex and do nothing to push lowell after dropping it?

I been thinking it over and I'm not really to sure anymore.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 674, Almost50 wrote:BTW, even is she did all what you say, you yourself stated it was "what Lowell wanted", yet you would vote anyone BUT Lowell. How consistent are you with your own logic?

I don't understand?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 688, Garmr wrote:

Is it because of him softclaiming?

In post 588, Garmr wrote:Still prefer lowell lynch to a madonna lynch but oh well.

You seemed like you wanted to lynch Lowell over Madonna yesterday, I expected you to push him today.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

NOTE: Seeking replacement for GoodLordWill
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 690, Expedience wrote:
In post 688, Garmr wrote:

Is it because of him softclaiming?

In post 588, Garmr wrote:Still prefer lowell lynch to a madonna lynch but oh well.

You seemed like you wanted to lynch Lowell over Madonna yesterday, I expected you to push him today.

I admit the soft claim is a part of it. Just chilled teas interactions with lowell kind of urk me as well. I'm trying to sort out things in my head.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I have a large weekend (Thursday through Sunday) so im gonna be taking a V/LA this weekend, V/LA until Monday.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 684, Garmr wrote:Lowell are you trying to draw out a claim?

Honestly? Yes, I guess? Now that I'm thinking about it maybe it's not a good idea.

And my theory, btw, is that tex makes sense as a person to roleblock. He was cagey on D1, but not TOO obvious a target that scum would avoid having him make the kill. That, plus his being suspiciously MIA today make me think someone blocked him.

If no one wants to claim this, that's fine, but if said person ends up dead this will be pointlessly lost information. But yeah, if it were me, I'd be jumping up and down taking credit for blocking a NK. It'd be worth a 1 for 1 trade, esp given the blocked nightkill. But whatever.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 694, Lowell wrote:

Honestly? Yes, I guess? Now that I'm thinking about it maybe it's not a good idea.

And my theory, btw, is that tex makes sense as a person to roleblock. He was cagey on D1, but not TOO obvious a target that scum would avoid having him make the kill. That, plus his being suspiciously MIA today make me think someone blocked him.

If no one wants to claim this, that's fine, but if said person ends up dead this will be pointlessly lost information. But yeah, if it were me, I'd be jumping up and down taking credit for blocking a NK. It'd be worth a 1 for 1 trade, esp given the blocked nightkill. But whatever.

Why do you think it's a roleblock and not a doctor? Going to be honest here I have only honestly seen people call out roles in such a obvious way as town before (including myself) So you kinda have that going for you now.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:19 am

Post by texcat »

In post 662, chilledtea wrote:

All of this happened a few hours ago.

The vote change was mostly because texcat was on L-4 at the time and seemed intent on defending herself. Lowell was nowhere to be seen. So I voted lowell. I mean I indicate as such by calling it vote parking.

I realize that Garmr already pursued this, but this post just stands out to me as scum yelling, "I'm just going for an easy lynch, I don't care who actually gets the rope."

As to Lowell's theory, it is just too far-fetched to be believable.
First he theorizes that town has a roleblocker. I find this thin to begin with. It's certainly possible that town has a roleblocker, but this is a role that I associate more with scum than with town.
Then he theorizes that I was roleblocked. Out of all the people in this game, I'm not sure why I would be the choice for a town roleblock.
AND that my being roleblocked was the reason for no NK.
He totally ignores the more likely possibility that town has a doc or a jailkeeper to account for the lack of NK. And why propose such a wacky theory? Is he fishing for the doc or jailkeeper to claim?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 695, Garmr wrote:
In post 694, Lowell wrote:

Why do you think it's a roleblock and not a doctor? Going to be honest here I have only honestly seen people call out roles in such a obvious way as town before (including myself) So you kinda have that going for you now.

That's true, could be doctor, didn't think about that. In which case this is all pointless.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

The ammount of possible night killing PRs doesnt even ammount only to roleblcoks and doctors, there's also bulletproof.
Why were you even assuming roleblock is the only possibility?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

that's meant to say Night kill blocking not Night killing derp.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”